Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What are lineage and CB red hachies going for these days?

Reds are mostly sought after as the most handy BSA, usually when traders are after them for the BSA, they won't care if the Red is CB or not, but it definitely contributes somewhat towards their overall value.

I'd say a 2gen Metal, Red/CB Brown Copper for 3 or 4 maybe, and two for a CB Trio, Blusang, etc.

Reds are mostly sought after as the most handy BSA, usually when traders are after them for the BSA, they won't care if the Red is CB or not, but it definitely contributes somewhat towards their overall value.

I'd say a 2gen Metal, Red/CB Brown Copper for 3 or 4 maybe, and two for a CB Trio, Blusang, etc.

Hmmm. I am the one seeking them. I catch and hatch things for a few newbies of mine, and I don't wish to run out of reds. Thank you

3rd gen prizes:

What is more popular, eg checkers or stairsteps? Are they worth the same?

3rd gen prizes:

From what I've seen:

Stairsteps > Spirals > EG

Checkers could be fun to collect, but they're dreadfully difficult to continue and they demand big prices, stairsteps are the easiest to continue and can gain value in return, spirals aren't quite as popular as some people don't like the look and dimorphism spirals sometimes don't look good for some species.

EG checkers definitely aren't as in demand as stairsteps in terms of the general trading population, but if you find someone who needs the checker as a mate for their own, that's a different story.

Edited by suskekun222

3rd gen prizes:

Since it is rather hard to continue a perfect checker prize, stairsteps tend to be a little more popular. Which also means the most people would be willing to "pay" a bit more for a stairstep in uposit of a checker biggrin.gif

3rd gen prizes:

The advice you've already gotten is sound, but I wanted to add one tidbit:

It depends a bit what you mean with 'popular'. EG checkers are all the rage, but they are difficult to actually trade, because trying to continue them is like pulling teeth.

Ah, this all makes sense. Thanks, everyone!

What would a second gen copper x black marrow hatchling be worth?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/kxPDJ

Hatchi in question^

Can't say exactly, but:

It is worth more because it doesn't take up an eggslot

2nd gen coppers are quite rare

It might lose some value because it has a holiday mate, and gendered differently to its copper parent.

2nd gen coppers are quite rare

Nope, coppers breed very well and you can easily get 2nd gen coppers for free if you ask nicely.

@ cb blusang: about the same as a cb trio, I'd say.

Edited by Ha-Ki

Nope, coppers breed very well and you can easily get 2nd gen coppers for free if you ask nicely.

Yup, I've found that when I breed all my rares I get more 2G Coppers than 2G Trios, despite having more Trios by quite a long way and despite Coppers being rarer in cave. It's like a much less extreme version of the Almandines, which breed like commons and are rarer in cave than perhaps even Silvers.

Still, Marrow X Copper isn't a pairing that everyone'll be able to produce - one discontinued and one very rare as CBs - so it might be valuable for that reason.

Say I have an Avatar of Creation from a CB Bronze Shimmer. What's a reasonable amount of CB Springs to ask for? CB Pinks? CB Almandines or Spessartines? CB Red Coppers? to ask for in exchange.

What about in any of the above in exchange for a 2G or 3G Bronze Shimmer? Provided they cooperate with me...

Edited by morgianlefaye

Say I have an Avatar of Creation from a CB Bronze Shimmer. What's a reasonable amount of CB Springs to ask for? CB Pinks? CB Almandines or Spessartines? CB Red Coppers? to ask for in exchange.

What about in exchange for a 2G or 3G Bronze Shimmer?

I'd say easily four CB Springs and even more CB Pinks, one Spessartine or (maybe two) Red Coppers. Not sure if anyone will pay an Almandine though, while Avatars are considered rares they are also, in my eyes, strictly trophies if they are 2gen prizefails. Since I wouldn't be able to make proper checkers with them.

I don't think you'll be able to get a 2gen prize for it but maybe a 3gen, but not from the 2014/15 lines.

Edited by suskekun222

I don't think you'll be able to get a 2gen prize for it but maybe a 3gen, but not from the 2014/15 lines.

Ack... I meant what if I had a 2G or 3G prize, what of my wishlist could I get for one of those. Edited the above for ease. Thanks for your answer.

Ack... I meant what if I had a 2G or 3G prize, what of my wishlist could I get for one of those. Edited the above for ease. Thanks for your answer.

for a 2g shimmer, should be able to haul in a LOT of those.

10 red coppers should be easy to get,

as well as maybe 150-200 pink hatchies. smile.gif I don't deal in springs, and i do not support the overpricing that currently works for pyralspites.

Thanks Hai, might I be able to reel in a 2g Gold from Holiday for it?

Thanks Hai, might I be able to reel in a 2g Gold from Holiday for it?

I'm not Ha-Ki, but I don't think a CB Blusang is worth a 2gen Gold from a holiday. s: But I guess it really depends on which kind of holiday mate you're after. You'd probably have to get at least four CB Blusangs for a 2gen Gold from something like a Snow Angel, and 2~3 for something recent like Mistletoes.

I'm not Ha-Ki, but I don't think a CB Blusang is worth a 2gen Gold from a holiday. s: But I guess it really depends on which kind of holiday mate you're after. You'd probably have to get at least four CB Blusangs for a 2gen Gold from something like a Snow Angel, and 2~3 for something recent like Mistletoes.

Actually, I think this is subjective. I've traded away many 2nd and 3rd gen metallics from holidays in exchange for one CB blusang. The user might be more inclined to accept your offer if you have more than two CB blusangs, but I've only ever had one CB blusang offered at a time.

Actually, I think this is subjective. I've traded away many 2nd and 3rd gen metallics from holidays in exchange for one CB blusang. The user might be more inclined to accept your offer if you have more than two CB blusangs, but I've only ever had one CB blusang offered at a time.

Supporting this, I've also traded 2nd gen metals for a cb blusang before and I felt it was a perfectly fair trade. Though Susekun does have a point when it comes to older holidays.

Is this worth anything?

Picked it up for TEP, had a look at it's lineage and was surprised.

Is this worth anything?

Interesting to collect, but not especially valuable as trade fodder IMO.

Interesting to collect, but not especially valuable as trade fodder IMO.

I'll AP it as planned when it hatches then, thanks for the info smile.gif

Is this worth anything?

You might put it up on the Evengen, Dorkface, Thuwed or Dorkwed threads, since it is a very nice 4g. There will be someone who wants it, and you might even get nice offers. It would be a shame for it to end up in the wilderness with the low AP times now.

You might put it up on the Evengen, Dorkface, Thuwed or Dorkwed threads, since it is a very nice 4g. There will be someone who wants it, and you might even get nice offers. It would be a shame for it to end up in the wilderness with the low AP times now.

Good point, I've done a couple of those since I can't even influence it right.