Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I totally share your opinion on this, but when I tried to trade a lineaged ND nobody wanted it, and it wasn't even super-messy, but a clean stairstep lineage. When I asked in this thread why I got no offers, I was told by other people that lineaged ND's don't trade well, so it seems to be not just my experience. If you go to the trading threads and look at the want lists of people who have cb golds up for trade, they almost always ask for cb ND's. Personally, I think it's silly, they can't breed anyway, so why do they have to be cb? And I totally prefer an ND with a nice lineage over a cb one. But sadly it does seem to be a bad idea to neglect a lineaged egg for trade fodder. unsure.gif

Yeah, whenever I see people ask for NDs, they always ask for CB ones. I guess people like them because they're just neat.

Also, it's probably harder to trade a lineaged one because there are so many lineage combinations, so the odds of somebody able to afford an ND who is also looking for a certain lineage is low.

Thanks for the advice! smile.gif

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I was one of those people - with a heavy heart disclaimer. xd.png

CBs always trade well. Lineaged ones can trade well if the right people see it. So CB is the safe option, definitely. Nonetheless, it makes pinkgothic sad. xd.png (Which is an objectively terrible reason not to do something, of course.)

I would trade a CB metal for a neglected, but I agree that if people are experimenting to trade rather than to keep for themselves, a CB would be the best way to go. That way you have the highest potential for trade, since more people prefer CBs. I only care about CB vampires versus lineaged ones because I consider the bitten by to be the lineage (and am proud of my one vampire that is entirely bitten by CB vampires). Neglecteds can't pass on their neglectedness (LOL!), so it doesn't matter to me.

Heh. Depends where you are. I'd breed any dragon I own to get my hands on that Prizefail, because I just love biting Prizefails. However, they aren't worth that much to people without Vampires or those who dislike biting in any way.

Also, what could I possibly offer for a CB Spessartine? I have several Pyrope CBs, and one Alamandine, but no Spessartines and that's driving me insane! (Hoarding Pyralsprites, all types, but can't get my hands on a CB Spessartine that I want for a lineage idea.)

Would something like This egg be enough for one? If not, what is that egg worth, and would anyone like it? xd.png

Spessartine are still going for a lot right now, not as much as Almandines but still in high demand. Rather than how much its actually worth you should look at what people are wanting for it at the moment if you want it urgently. I wouldn't be surprised to see people asking for CB Metals or low gen prizes for one, but you might be able to find someone who's willing to trade one for multiple unbreedables or multiple rares/uncommons such at the CB Trios or CB Coppers. If you're able to breed specific lineages like 2gen metals, certain checkers then you might be able to find someone who's willing to trade for those as well.

As for your prizefail, I don't think anyone will be interested. sad.gif Sorry. For me personally I wouldn't touch prizefails higher than 2gen and not a checker. I often see them being gifted in the departures thread and high gen prizefails are very easy to catch in the AP, even 3gen prizefails.

I've traded a CB Spessartine once for a 2gen prizefail, though. So there's somewhat of a baseline. smile.gif

Edited by suskekun222

What is a fair trade for a 2nd Gen Prize? I just read someone offering 5 CB Golds, 4 CB Silver, 2 CB Spessartine, 1 CB Almandine and 2 CB Neglected. I had thought that, having hundreds of Prizes added this year, the market would cool down. Didn't it? It seemed quite more reasonable, reading posts by owners. I would really like to understand.

I believe the new prizes are not breeding well right now, combined with the fact that a lot of the owners seem mostly interested in swapping for other 2nd gens, makes the trading pool rather limited for non prize owners thus driving some players to offer quite a lot in trade. I don't think the type of offer you saw is very common though.

I hope that in time that the 'bloodswaps' are fulfilled and more 2nd and 3rd gens become more available to other players and 'prices' do cool down some.

Okay, so it may be odd, but I have a bit of an obsession with even gen Silvers, especially is they are good looking. So when I caught this little awesome http://dragcave.net/lineage/6u9S9 from the AP, I was thrilled. It would be the perfect mate for http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZnXZ2 but I plan on trading their kids, and want to know what the market might be. They'd be 7th gen perfect stair Silver dragons, so they might be worth at least a CB red dorsal? Thoughts?

Edited by shadowfighter

@ shadowfighter -you might be able to get a red dorsal, but the lineage is sort of random for an even gen, so I don't think there would be much of a market for it

@ Deinosaur -don't panic! Do you have enough time to read all of them in a reasonable amount of time? Deal with anything that has offers of low time hatchies first, then maybe decide if you want to take a best offer, or just an offer that meets whatever you asked for. If you don't want to deal with IOUs then eliminate those. Hopefully if you do that it will make the offers left a small enough pile to make it easier to consider which one you like best.

Is it just me or do a lot of undines alt lately? I got 3 alts out of 5 eggs, and I can't seem to trade them. I realized a lot of people report yellow undines lately, but I'm not sure if it's really more than usual, since I didn't really follow the reports when mine hatched green. So is the market just saturated with yellow undines at the moment?

Is it just me or do a lot of undines alt lately? I got 3 alts out of 5 eggs, and I can't seem to trade them. I realized a lot of people report yellow undines lately, but I'm not sure if it's really more than usual, since I didn't really follow the reports when mine hatched green. So is the market just saturated with yellow undines at the moment?

I have been getting a lot less gifts for my Altfail Shelter... I would trade for them!

What is a fair trade for a 2nd Gen Prize? I just read someone offering 5 CB Golds, 4 CB Silver, 2 CB Spessartine, 1 CB Almandine and 2 CB Neglected. I had thought that, having hundreds of Prizes added this year, the market would cool down. Didn't it? It seemed quite more reasonable, reading posts by owners. I would really like to understand.

Because most 2nd gen prizelists are already full right now wink.gif

The trades for a 2nd gen prize if getting on a list soon enough, are much more reasonable wink.gif

How much are CB Almandines going for right now?

I dont really hunt the Alpine much, so have no idea of its rarity or worth.

Well i know they are rare or uncommon, but how uncommon?

I'm in the Alpine quite often, and I've seen about as many (er, few...) Almandines as Silvers. I'd say they are at least as rare as Silvers at the moment.

The only reason I would not pay a CB Silver for one is the assumption that they will be less rare at some point in the future.

I'm in the Alpine quite often, and I've seen about as many (er, few...) Almandines as Silvers. I'd say they are at least as rare as Silvers at the moment.

The only reason I would not pay a CB Silver for one is the assumption that they will be less rare at some point in the future.

Thanks for your answer!

I see atleast a few silvers a day, I dont catch them, but so see them xd.png

How much would 2 CB Golden Wyverns be worth at the moment?

How much would 2 CB Golden Wyverns be worth at the moment?

It depends. You better try to find a Golden Wyvern lover, because from the rares they're the least rares and not many people like it, tbh. Winter dragons appear more often that Golden Wyverns, but disappear faster from the biome than them. People don't seem to like them quite much :S

I'd LOVE to have a 2nd gen prizefail in my collection, but I fear it might be very... well, expensive. How much are they worth now, considering the amount of new prize dragons? Is CB Copper enough to get one?

How much are tan ridgewings actually worth? CBs and bred.

EDIT: In addition to that, what would you guys estimate the value of this specific dragon/others like it? G2 tan ridgewing from female silver x male tan ridgie.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/cJm3v

Edited by Lurhstaap

I'd LOVE to have a 2nd gen prizefail in my collection, but I fear it might be very... well, expensive. How much are they worth now, considering the amount of new prize dragons? Is CB Copper enough to get one?

It completely depends on the prize owner. And I mean completely. Some gift theirs, some trade theirs for two or three CB hatchies, others demand things like multiple CB metals for them... I've even seen people try to trade them for 2G prizes (lolno). The problem with trading for them is that a lot of the trades don't go up in public threads. Some people keep prizefail lists, you could PM them and see what it would take to get on their lists. If you look around, you could get one pretty cheaply, if not free. Of course it also depends on the type of dragon. A Waterhorse, for instance, will breed a lot of Waterhorses, so the owner will have lots of them to trade off if they're trying to get a shiny from the pairing. A Gold however breeds itself far more rarely even than a prize does, so a 2G Gold prizekin might be worth even more than a 2G prize to some people.

Edited by The_Bucket

What would be a proper offer in order to get a couple of CB tan ridgewings?

If I have a blusang hatchie would it be possible to trade for a Pyralspite from the coast/alpine; or do I need to increase my offer?

Regards,

aussie

If I have a blusang hatchie would it be possible to trade for a Pyralspite from the coast/alpine; or do I need to increase my offer?

Regards,

aussie

you need to increase your offer

pyralspites from the coast and alpine are in high demand and they're also pretty hard to find so people would be asking for a lot for them

I've seen a lot of mid gen tinsels/ shimmers from past years popping up lately (particularly tins from the original lines) how much are these worth? I was under the impression they were fairly useless at this point...