Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I have a CB brown copper, would it worth a 2nd gen Shimmer?

I mean, most of the Shimmers I have produce 4th and 5th gens, and lately I can't trade any at all. I have the feeling that at this moment only 3rd and 2nd gen Shimmers worth anything, but it seems that I can never get one, not even in those rare moments of the year when I get a damn CB Gold or Copper. This is one of those rare moments and I am not getting the offer I wished and soon the CB Copper will mature and get stuck on my scroll...  sad.gif

From my experience, a 4th gen Tinsel/Shimmer may be worth a CB Copper, depending on the line and the Copper trader's needs (when I have a CB Copper option for a 4th gen Prize, most of the time people end up offering other stuff from my list rather than a Copper, especially when it comes to Greens). I've seen people trade 3rd gen Bronze Tinsels for 1 CB Copper, but personally I wouldn't find such a deal fair value-wise, regardless of Prize colour and line "rarity".

Then again, Prize value is very relative, and 2nd gens do not have a fixed rate at all - people trade them at very different prices, the range is wild, some users even ask for common stuff. So if a certain CB owner needs CB Coppers and is willing to trade 1:1 such a deal may be possible, one can't exclude the possibility, but speaking of actual worth a 2nd gen has much more potential and value.

Among Coppers Brown ones are worth the least (Brown < Red < Green), it's worth keeping this in mind.

i have given 2 3rd gens this week as unable to trade them sad.gif no not from holidays in fact the one from holiday i did manage to trade rather quickly unsure.gif it was not as if i was asking well over the odds for them, but i do think they wer eworth more than a 2nd gen Gold sad.gif

i have given 2 3rd gens this week as unable to trade them sad.gif no not from holidays in fact the one from holiday i did manage to trade rather quickly unsure.gif it was not as if i was asking well over the odds for them, but i do think they wer eworth more than a 2nd gen Gold sad.gif

If you have anything at the moment, I could offer you my CB Copper wink.gif

But you know, 2nd gen golds can be also very hard to get, unless you have thousands of CB golds you can breed per week. I only get a 2nd gen from my golds once or twice a year, so I think it is a fair trade(for a 3rd to 4th gen prize).

I've been on hiatus for a few years, so I'm not sure of worths anymore. What is a 2nd gen silver from a white worth? Could I possibly get a 3rd gen shimmer egg once it hatches? For my future breeding plans, would it be a good idea to breed CB metals or GoN with my CB frilled/bright pink/Yulebuck/'09 valentine? Or are people not interested in hard to replicate lineages?

I also have a CB golden wyvern, and am not sure what it is worth either, could I trade it for a CB copper, or a bred gold or silver?

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Edited by mageling

I've been on hiatus for a few years, so I'm not sure of worths anymore. What is a 2nd gen silver from a white worth? Could I possibly get a 3rd gen shimmer egg once it hatches? For my future breeding plans, would it be a good idea to breed CB metals or GoN with my CB frilled/bright pink/Yulebuck/'09 valentine? Or are people not interested in hard to replicate lineages?

I also have a CB golden wyvern, and am not sure what it is worth either, could I trade it for a CB copper, or a bred gold or silver?

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Despite their rarity, there's still a good number of people out there who have been playing long enough to have CB frills/bright pinks/yulebucks/'09 valentines, some would like them purely BECAUSE they're hard to get and have become somewhat of a status symbol. Third gen imperfect checkers (As in, retired breeds existing only in CB gen) are also pretty collectible, since it's easier to trade for 2nd gens from frill/BP/etc and make a lineage from there. So... it's definitely an option to offer them out there, but I wouldn't breed your CB metals or GoNs exclusively with them.

Just a FYI, though... BPs only ever breed normal pinks from GoN, there's not Avatars from them so a checker is impossible. Frill does not produce offspring from GoN at all.

As for 2nd gen metals, they're still pretty valuable. I'm not sure if they're worth a 3rd gen shimmer, but it depends on who you trade them with. Definitely a 4th gen or higher, given how difficult it is to breed a 2nd gen metal at all. (Been trying to get a 2nd gen gold from GoN for months now but nothing but AoCs)

But it does also depend on the mate involved. White isn't all that desirable, but it's not exactly hated either. Rare x Rare breedings are your best bet, but stay away from holidays. Metal x holiday or frill (or other species that doesn't make more of itself) is the easy way out, and thus more available and therefore less valuable as trade fodder.

But it does also depend on the mate involved. White isn't all that desirable, but it's not exactly hated either. Rare x Rare breedings are your best bet, but stay away from holidays. Metal x holiday or frill (or other species that doesn't make more of itself) is the easy way out, and thus more available and therefore less valuable as trade fodder.

The problem isn't just their relative popularity, it's that many people can't continue the lines. For holidays, you need to have been there for the holiday drop to have any CBs of it; worse yet, aside from Halloween, there's the 2 x CB limit to deal with. (Frills and bright pinks were available for longer, but obviously fresh, true checkers or other special lineages are right out with those.)

What could I expect to get for a CB tan ridgewing?

I put them at about the same as a red dorsal, maybe a gw or trio, unbreedables....

I'm in really bad need of a Caveborn male Red Copper, so when I caught a Yellow Dino and put it up for trade,I asked for one. But so far no one has offered on it. Am I going to be stuck with it? Because although I really don't like the Dinos all that much, I still don't just want to give it away.... Is there any rare Dragon that I can obtain to get a Caveborn copper? Cause I can't catch Silvers and Golds, other coppers are out of the question, but I really need that Caveborn Red Copper. Help?

I'm in really bad need of a Caveborn male Red Copper, so when I caught a Yellow Dino and put it up for trade,I asked for one. But so far no one has offered on it. Am I going to be stuck with it? Because although I really don't like the Dinos all that much, I still don't just want to give it away.... Is there any rare Dragon that I can obtain to get a Caveborn copper? Cause I can't catch Silvers and Golds, other coppers are out of the question, but I really need that Caveborn Red Copper. Help?

Try rare or pretty lineaged dragons. Or try a large amount of CB Common Hatchie IOUs. I just traded an IOU of 10 CB Pinks for a 2nd gen Prizefail.

Would offering a 2nd Gen prize fail, A CB Golden Wyvern, and a Cheese be too little compared to my wants?

I'm currently hoping to get either

2 CB Pyralspites (1 Alpine 1 Coast)

or

2 CB Green wyverns

or

2 CB Golds

So is my want much more than my haves or... .w.

Would offering a 2nd Gen prize fail, A CB Golden Wyvern, and a Cheese be too little compared to my wants?

I'm currently hoping to get either

2 CB Pyralspites (1 Alpine 1 Coast)

or

2 CB Green wyverns

or

2 CB Golds

So is my want much more than my haves or... .w.

Yes i think it is wink.gif

Bah, thats a pain.

Would it be too little for at minimum one of the first two (1 CB Puralspite from alpine or 1 CB Copper)? I've seen people catching and offering coppers (of all colors) like crazy yet no one wants to trade or anything >.>

I at minimum need the pyralspites. I can try and sell my soul to someone for the coppers though I have a feeling it will be a looooong time before I get my hands on one.

You should be able to get atleast 1 for the prizefail alone, I'm not sure about the Pyrals from coast and alpine, as I dont hunt those biomes, i am not sure how often they drop.

Green coppers tho, are pretty rare, can be compared to a CB silver. But its a fair trade for the prizefail i think.

Well heres hoping. I have a feeling though I'm gonna need to wait til I can breed my tinsel for my self and get a 2nd gen before I can get anything I really need. Thank you.

Edited by AnanoKimi

Breed 2nd gen pb vines, undines and blacks and hope that one will alt smile.gif

How much are neglecteds going for these days? I'm going to start experimenting and I want to see if I could get a CB gold (if any of my eggs even turn, that is).

How much are neglecteds going for these days? I'm going to start experimenting and I want to see if I could get a CB gold (if any of my eggs even turn, that is).

If you're experimenting for trade fodder, make sure you only neglect cb eggs. People don't seem to trade for lineaged ones. But I'd say a cb gold for a cb ND is fair, though I haven't traded one myself yet.

I guess it doesn't matter what I think since I can't catch CB metallics any more, but I feel like I have to speak up, anyway. I would totally give a CB gold for a lineaged Neglected; not for a CB one. While I don't turn down CB Neglected dragons if I get them as gifts, I just have no interested in non-lineaged unbreedables (vampires, Neglected, zombies...).

But I'm fairly sure that mine is a minority opinion, so the advice you've gotten is sound.

It just breaks my heart to read it. unsure.gif

From my experienfe, you're not likely to get a cb copper for an unbreedable. Blusang, GW, red dorsal, tan ridgewing, maybe trio are all possible trades. For a cb red copper, you'd probably have to find a dino hoarder and trade multiples. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find someone in a hurry to trade, but I wouldn't personally count on it.

Personally, I'd try to find someone looking for multiple easier dragons, an alt, or something of the sort. Maybe a specific lineage you can breed for them to save them the time and effort.

I guess it doesn't matter what I think since I can't catch CB metallics any more, but I feel like I have to speak up, anyway. I would totally give a CB gold for a lineaged Neglected; not for a CB one. While I don't turn down CB Neglected dragons if I get them as gifts, I just have no interested in non-lineaged unbreedables (vampires, Neglected, zombies...).

But I'm fairly sure that mine is a minority opinion, so the advice you've gotten is sound.

It just breaks my heart to read it. unsure.gif

I totally share your opinion on this, but when I tried to trade a lineaged ND nobody wanted it, and it wasn't even super-messy, but a clean stairstep lineage. When I asked in this thread why I got no offers, I was told by other people that lineaged ND's don't trade well, so it seems to be not just my experience. If you go to the trading threads and look at the want lists of people who have cb golds up for trade, they almost always ask for cb ND's. Personally, I think it's silly, they can't breed anyway, so why do they have to be cb? And I totally prefer an ND with a nice lineage over a cb one. But sadly it does seem to be a bad idea to neglect a lineaged egg for trade fodder. unsure.gif

Hey all, I got redirected here from friendly people over in the Tiny Little Questions thread smile.gif

In general, how much are prize fails worth (if any?)

E.g http://dragcave.net/lineage/CRtxk ?

I don't have much experience in prizefail trading so... *sheepish grin*

Thanks in advance!

Hey all, I got redirected here from friendly people over in the Tiny Little Questions thread smile.gif

In general, how much are prize fails worth (if any?)

E.g http://dragcave.net/lineage/CRtxk ?

I don't have much experience in prizefail trading so... *sheepish grin*

Thanks in advance!

2g Prizefails are worth quite a bit, 3Gs are worth a little bit to some people, ones above that don't have much value at all unless they're from very interesting lineages (perfect prize checkers, prize dragons that were never bred much, cool even gens, etc)

So I don't think you'd be able to trade yours for much.

Heh. Depends where you are. I'd breed any dragon I own to get my hands on that Prizefail, because I just love biting Prizefails. However, they aren't worth that much to people without Vampires or those who dislike biting in any way.

Also, what could I possibly offer for a CB Spessartine? I have several Pyrope CBs, and one Alamandine, but no Spessartines and that's driving me insane! (Hoarding Pyralsprites, all types, but can't get my hands on a CB Spessartine that I want for a lineage idea.)

Would something like This egg be enough for one? If not, what is that egg worth, and would anyone like it? xd.png

Edited by Zeditha

I totally share your opinion on this, but when I tried to trade a lineaged ND nobody wanted it, and it wasn't even super-messy, but a clean stairstep lineage. When I asked in this thread why I got no offers, I was told by other people that lineaged ND's don't trade well, so it seems to be not just my experience. If you go to the trading threads and look at the want lists of people who have cb golds up for trade, they almost always ask for cb ND's. Personally, I think it's silly, they can't breed anyway, so why do they have to be cb? And I totally prefer an ND with a nice lineage over a cb one. But sadly it does seem to be a bad idea to neglect a lineaged egg for trade fodder. unsure.gif

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I was one of those people - with a heavy heart disclaimer. xd.png

CBs always trade well. Lineaged ones can trade well if the right people see it. So CB is the safe option, definitely. Nonetheless, it makes pinkgothic sad. xd.png (Which is an objectively terrible reason not to do something, of course.)