Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Are people getting more reluctant to trade new releases...?

The last couple of days, I've been posting 3g Prizes and then a CB Red Copper hatchie looking for new release hatchies. First I asked for four of any type. No bites. Went to three, got three rivers for a 3g Prize. Did other things with the prizes eventually, went to offering the copper and a CB Thunder for three and then two gemshard hatchies respectively and... still nothing! Bad luck or general "must hoard til know if rare" reluctance? O___o

I'm inclined toward "must hoard until know if rare" smile.gif

Okay, I'm two dragons away from getting my gold trophy, I've got two eggs up for trade, for each I'm asking any messy hatchling. The eggs are: a second gen Avatar of Change from F GoN x M GW, and the other is a third gen spiral from Almandine Pyralspite x White Stripe. Am I asking too much? Cause I don't think a single messy hatchling is too much to ask for even one of these..

Also, if people aren't too quick at catching, they might only have a couple of each, and want to complete that scroll goal first.

And of course, those who find the hatchies too cute to trade! xd.png

Okay, I'm two dragons away from getting my gold trophy, I've got two eggs up for trade, for each I'm asking any messy hatchling. The eggs are: a second gen Avatar of Change from F GoN x M GW, and the other is a third gen spiral from Almandine Pyralspite x White Stripe. Am I asking too much? Cause I don't think a single messy hatchling is too much to ask for even one of these..

Most people don't have room to make hatchlings due to the new release. Also, specific lineages like that only hold value to people who really like them and want to make a similar lineage themselves.

The last couple of days, I've been posting 3g Prizes and then a CB Red Copper hatchie looking for new release hatchies. First I asked for four of any type. No bites. Went to three, got three rivers for a 3g Prize. Did other things with the prizes eventually, went to offering the copper and a CB Thunder for three and then two gemshard hatchies respectively and... still nothing! Bad luck or general "must hoard til know if rare" reluctance? O___o

While I agree with Rubyshoes that a lot of people are hoarding the gems in case of rarity some of us are taking advantage of trading the hatchlings for the rares that we would not normally get. I have made similar trades in the last few days and now have a CB brown copper and 3g prize. The only reason I have not made a trade with you is I am low on stock at the moment so part of the problem you are having could be that the people who are like me are just low on stock at the moment.

Edited by osean

I agree with osean and ruby here. I've put up trades for specifically CB gemshard hatchlings or eggs and have only gotten eggs in return. And with the trades that I have up for CB hatchlings (of any kind), I've gotten rivers, but no plates or gems. I've seen the river and plated eggs sit in their biomes for a few minutes before being picked up. But I have no idea how people have gauged the rarity of river or plated hatchlings. It seems like rivers are a little easier to get. I think people are reluctant to trade gem hatchlings because they're mostly looking for color swaps.

Edited by Jazeki

From my perspective, I have 10 plates now, covers at least 4 breeding pairs - I'm content for the moment with them, although I love them and will eventually want more. Rivers are sitting a little, so now my focus is the Gems.

Gems are complicated. I don't need 8, I need 24, 4 breeding pairs of each color. And influence isn't going to cut it, since it's impossible to know if it will be the right color for the gender that I need. My focus will be straight trades, Gems for Gems of the proper gender and color, until I get my base sets.

Then I'll finish up with my Rivers, and THEN I'll think about other trades. I hope this helps.

Shadowfighter - if the spiral is an Alamandine, I'd gladly trade a hatchling for it! Any hatchling!

Seriously, I don't even have one alamandine, and I've been searching since they came out. The only Spessartine I own was a gift. How rare are these things???

I know they're rarer than Seasonals - I saw a CB spring in the cave just a few days ago and grabbed the Terrae next to it before going back and catching it easily, whereas I've never even seen anything other than a Pyrope in the cave. I thought Seasonals were rare! What happened to that?

Shadowfighter - if the spiral is an Alamandine, I'd gladly trade a hatchling for it! Any hatchling!

Seriously, I don't even have one alamandine, and I've been searching since they came out. The only Spessartine I own was a gift. How rare are these things???

I know they're rarer than Seasonals - I saw a CB spring in the cave just a few days ago and grabbed the Terrae next to it before going back and catching it easily, whereas I've never even seen anything other than a Pyrope in the cave. I thought Seasonals were rare! What happened to that?

Almandines and Spessartines are probably around Silver level rarity in the caves (I've seen about twice as many Silvers as the two of them combined but I hunt in the Desert more), but they still breed like commons which is odd. They're still trickier than most to get hold of bred just because there's so few CBs to breed them from.

What would a cb spring hatchi be worth? I've seen a lot of good(?) offers for one and was wondering if they were fair.

People also start to realize that while having a 3g prize is nice, its something you cant do much more with, afterwards.

Also, your prizes are not what I'd for example, want, or you'd have had an offer.

People also start to realize that while having a 3g prize is nice, its something you cant do much more with, afterwards.

Well, I can see the point of those people ... they "spend" a CB metal for a 3rd Gen and after can't get anything "valuable" for a 4th Gen...

Also, with 3 color alts, gemshards will stay quite rare due to user demand. Most collectors will need at least triple the amount, AND they are easterns, to make things even worse.

I have a very pretty Prize fail - a Falconiform from M Silver Tinsel. I've seen offers of many new eggs around... does it make sense to go for one? Since, as you say, it's value is only high to people with that combination or a into prize fails? Which is no one atm sad.gif

Personally I wouldn't, since the new releases don't seem to be all that uncommon. What I would do if I wanted to trade it would be to look for people asking for prize-fails and check their profiles until you find someone who would be interested.

I have a very pretty Prize fail - a Falconiform from M Silver Tinsel. I've seen offers of many new eggs around... does it make sense to go for one? Since, as you say, it's value is only high to people with that combination or a into prize fails? Which is no one atm sad.gif

ohmy.gif Why you think no one is into prize fails atm? I think it is more a matter of more prize fails being bred, because, well more prizes (making them not quite so rare and valuable as they were) and the fact that people are still busy gathering all the gemshards they need means they don't have much room for other things on their scrolls.

Unless you need a fast trade why don't you put it up for a best offer and maybe list some ideas of what you might want.

Thank you both for your thoughts. I think I will leave it for a day or so, looking at other offers, then put up a best offer of my own, or approach someone who's especially interested in prize fails.

Thanks! And I'll keep my mind open to other suggestions!

Personally I wouldn't, since the new releases don't seem to be all that uncommon. What I would do if I wanted to trade it would be to look for people asking for prize-fails and check their profiles until you find someone who would be interested.

gemshards will be quite the rage for a long time, I can assure you that.

It has 3 alts, basically thirding the supply (or tripling the demand), so you'll see quite some nice trades going into the next few months.

How many CB gemshard hatchlings should I expect to trade for a CB green copper?

As someone who has more luck catching the occasional stray CB metallic than even seeing any CB coppers in the cave, my gut feeling is as follows:

If you have the copper, I think you can hold out for a batch of approximately eight; you should be able to get at least four, though.

If you have gemshards, you'll probably run into the problem that people who can catch coppers will likely already have all gemshards they need, since they're much easier to catch than coppers, of course, and are probably using their coppers to try and get other trades. Judging from my own trading mindset when handling CB metallics (usually it's me fishing for Halloween hatchling IOUs, which of course are a lot more expensive than CB new release commons) and adjusting for the general case, I think six might start getting some attention, though, assuming there are copper catchers out there that are looking to hoard gemshards.

Edited by pinkgothic

What would be a reasonable offer for a gen2 Tinselkin? I got a gen2 silver that I a mate for.