Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

So I'm having a censorkip.gif of a time trying to trade a CB Blusang Hatchi and a CB GW. The GW I'm literally just saying throw something from my wishlist (see link in sig) at me and I'll take it. The Blusang I am actually asking for things, but I'm starting to think I'm asking too high.

Now, the last time I was super active in the trading threads, Blusangs were going easily for CB silvers and CB coppers. Hence why that's what I'm asking for (along with Almandines and Spessartines, although I'm starting to suspect those are worth more than I actually think).

so. what exactly is a good price for Blusangs? Are they just no longer in demand and have dropped dramatically in price?

I also have just FINALLY like a week ago reached my scroll goal of 2 breeding pairs of blusangs, and it's been what, 1.5 years since their release? So I'm used to them being ridiculously difficult to get

By itself, what would a CB gold egg trade for? (Assuming I'm the one with the CB gold.)

What about two?

Are neglecteds or 2nd gen prizes reasonable to ask for either or both?

Edited by lluvia

By itself, what would a CB gold egg trade for? (Assuming I'm the one with the CB gold.)

What about two?

As far as I've seen, quite a few people think that two golds = neglected, 1 or 2 golds = 2nd gen prize. Personally, I don't know how many of them are actually traded or how many offers they receive.

What would this latin-coded crimson flare pygmy get me?

@ Lily: Even though the Holly Contest guys are collecting flamingos, I don't think that really makes them more expensive. I'd try to simply offer something semi-rare (unbreedables or cb trio) and ask for multiple cb flamingos - if you accept IOU's that should totally work out, and even if you don't, there might be some Holly Contest Folks out there that have the flamingos at hand, but are willing to trade them for something rare (I know that I did this when spitfires were the Holly Contest breed). Not sure if 1:1 trades for flamingos will work out, maybe if you offer BSA hatchies for flamingo hatchies.

So I'm having a censorkip.gif of a time trying to trade a CB Blusang Hatchi and a CB GW. The GW I'm literally just saying throw something from my wishlist (see link in sig) at me and I'll take it. The Blusang I am actually asking for things, but I'm starting to think I'm asking too high.

Now, the last time I was super active in the trading threads, Blusangs were going easily for CB silvers and CB coppers. Hence why that's what I'm asking for (along with Almandines and Spessartines, although I'm starting to suspect those are worth more than I actually think).

so. what exactly is a good price for Blusangs? Are they just no longer in demand and have dropped dramatically in price?

I also have just FINALLY like a week ago reached my scroll goal of 2 breeding pairs of blusangs, and it's been what, 1.5 years since their release? So I'm used to them being ridiculously difficult to get

I'd say a blusang is worth a cb trio, but definitely not a silver. Blusangs have become more common since... the pyralspite release, I think? You could also ask for a tan ridgewing, a red dorsal or 2nd gen alts.

About the GW and your wishlist: To be honest, if I were looking for a trade, I'd stop reading your wishlist after the first half. It starts out with holidays and rares and suggests you are seriously overprizing your GW. Stuff from your wishlist I think are actually worth a cb GW: two-headed lindwurm (1:1, for all others you could try to get a hatchie for your egg or trade 2:1 for your GW), imperial fleshcrown, bleeding moon, electric, canopy, purple, horse, skywing. Most of them range from "moderately desired" to "least desired" on your list, so chances are that people have stopped reading your list before they see those breeds, and that they don't bother to offer because they think you're not likely to accept their offer anyway.

I'd just pick out 3-5 of those breeds and name them in your trade post. A lot of people don't even bother to read wishlists if they have to click to get there.

Edit: And a lot of people block signatures and won't even see your link!

What about two?

ND's are reasonable to ask. Since I've had trouble getting offers for a lineaged ND at all, I'd say they rather trade 1:1 for cb golds.

I doubt you'll get the 2nd gen prize - most lists are full, and there are people offering 5-6 cb golds for a 2nd gen who are competing for 2nd gens that get on the trade market (if there are any - a lot of new prize owners said they won't make lists, but I don't know if they put their 2nd gen babies in the trading threads). Your best bet for getting a 2nd gen prize is stalking the cb owners' lists and pm them with your offer if you see one open. "Have 2 cb golds, want 2nd gen prize" is unlikely to happen if you put it in a trading thread.

@MessengerDragon: My experience with trading codes is that you usually wait long for an offer and trade it for a random hatchie or two in the end. Since it's a pygmy, I think it's less desireable than a "normal" dragon (because of breeding). In general, I'd say whenever you have to explain why a code is special, it's less special than you think. Personally, I have no idea what "nento" (caps messed to protect egg) might mean, and to me it would be just a random code. Not many users have learned latin, so don't expect too much for it.

Edited by Ha-Ki

I need some CB flamingos for a breeding project, which I'd initially thought would be easy to get. But because of the holly competition, I'm not sure if that'll happen. What would you say would be a good price for a CB flamingo?

You may also try to look in the AP: since they have the same description sometimes cb flamingos are taken in the cave while looking for pinks. And then, if not needed, dropped in the AP.

How much would a CB Cheese from Coast be worth?

Same question, except mine's from Alpine.

I've been getting only non-bsa commons as offers, so I'm wondering if they're worth anything these days.

What could I possibly give to gain a CB Blusang? I have a beautiful shiny Tinsel, but annoyingly it's a Blusang Stair and I really want a CB Blusang. I stalk the coast but to no avail, despite having memorised the faint briny smell of the egg.

Similarly, what would a CB Green Nebula be worth?

Would an IOU of the Blusang or Nebula's first child with the Shiny be worth the Blusang or Nebula?

How worth are papers nowadays? I am kinda confused, because they don't drop THAT often anymore or I am just blind idk unsure.gif

Edited by Amy.x

My experience with trading unbreedables is: chicken > paper > cheese/dino

I usually go for quick trades and ask for multiple random cb hatchies, and I think 2-3 is fair for a cheese or dino. 1-2 if they're BSA hatchies. If you're willing to wait long for offers, accept IOU's and negotiate, I'm sure you can get more out of it, but that definitely requires more dedication.

@ Zeditha: Whether the first offspring is worth the mate depends a lot on the lineage - if your prize is 3rd gen, its offspring is definitely worth a cb blusang. If it's 4th or above generation, I don't think so. Green nebulas should be easier to get, they sit in the desert for a couple of refreshes and are not that rare anymore. I'd say if your prize is 2nd-4th gen, its offspring would be worth the mate. Be careful how to ask for that trade, technically it's an IOU and you're not allowed to post it. It's fine if you put a note in your signature and point there in your trade post, though.

What could I possibly give to gain a CB Blusang? I have a beautiful shiny Tinsel, but annoyingly it's a Blusang Stair and I really want a CB Blusang. I stalk the coast but to no avail, despite having memorised the faint briny smell of the egg.

Similarly, what would a CB Green Nebula be worth?

I would recommend you catch a Nebula (or more than one) in the desert, influence it male and hatch it. (As Ha-Ki said, they often sit there for some time.)

If it is green, success!

If it is purple, you offer it for trade for either a green one or a CB Blusang egg. It's probably still worth a little less than the Blusang, but you may be lucky if someone is looking for a purple Nebula.

What would be a fair sort of offer for CB Copper? Preferably green, but I'm getting rather desperate... it seems I can't catch one to save my life.

What would be a fair sort of offer for CB Copper? Preferably green, but I'm getting rather desperate... it seems I can't catch one to save my life.

a gen 3 shimmer or tinsel for about 2-3 green coppers. smile.gif

you might get lucky with 2015 lines to get a single green copper out of a 4g.

and yes, they (green coppers) are still almost as rare as the other cb metals.

for other coppers, a 2g metal would suffice, or a 4g shimmer/tinsel.

My experience with trading unbreedables is: chicken > paper > cheese/dino

I usually go for quick trades and ask for multiple random cb hatchies, and I think 2-3 is fair for a cheese or dino. 1-2 if they're BSA hatchies. If you're willing to wait long for offers, accept IOU's and negotiate, I'm sure you can get more out of it, but that definitely requires more dedication.

Thank you for sharing your opinion/knowledge on this one. happy.gif

Honestly I think, it's all about luck and if someone is seeking for the things you are offering and that person has exactly what you need. tongue.gif

I have a CB winter and a 'PB seasonal' spring egg. What could I expect to get for either?

I know that a lot of people are looking for CB winters now that the season's over, so you should something pretty good for it; at least, more than usual. As for the spring egg, it depends on whether the person likes EGs or not, or if they have something to mirror it.

I just grabbed two CB stripes and a CB spring at the same time... Are they worth anything now?

I have seen owners of cool coded eggs asking for things such as CB Gold/Silver and even 2nd gen prizes. The unique coded eggs are mostly commons, and not always CB.

Is it realistic at all to ask for such things just for a code of a dragon, doesn't matter if it is a common or not? blink.gif

I have seen owners of cool coded eggs asking for things such as CB Gold/Silver and even 2nd gen prizes. The unique coded eggs are mostly commons, and not always CB.

Is it realistic at all to ask for such things just for a code of a dragon, doesn't matter if it is a common or not? blink.gif

Some people are willing to pay a lot for a cool code because it might be the only one they'll ever find. It depends on how much you value the code, really.

Regarding codes would I be about right in saying it needs to be

- all numbers or

- a five letter word with 'tidy' caps or

- a perfect palindrome

to be valuable beyond its breed's baseline?

I don't expect I'll be able to trade away 'Qrats' for instance, and I didn't manage to sell 'l1Lly'.

Some people might also really need/want a specific code, and will be willing to give a lot to get that specific one. It really depends on who sees it.

Dragonessdown - the stripes are definitely worth a lot! I'd happily breed basically anything I own for a CB Stripe - I have many lineage plans xd.png

CB Springs are worth less to me as I'm not that interested in Seasonals myself, but I know that CB Seasonals are often worth a lot to the right people. For example, anyone trying to do a Stair or Spiral with rotating seasons.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/HnfVa

^^^What is this beauty worth?

Could I get a Silver for it? Would a common x Silver Stair/Spiral be worth that seasonal?

...Is it even worth a CB Silver? *is hopeful*

I honestly don't think it worths a CB Silver... Not even a CB Copper, to be honest u.u

Amybe you can get a 3 EG Silver, (maybe even a perfect checker...) or a pretty Silver stair... But not even close to a CB Silver.

I think Silvers are worth about a 3G Prize lately.

@Zeditha

I fear that is not worth very much since it is not a perfect lineage (has some summers in lineage and not only springs).

For sure it is not worth a cb silver (neither a perfect purebred spring would, unless we are at the end of the season and you find someone really desperate to have one)

You could try with a longer (3+ gen) silver, but imho it easier to get one if you ask in one of the gifting threads.