Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What would be a reasonable offer for a gen2 Tinselkin? I got a gen2 silver that I a mate for.

Depends on what mate you need for your dragon. I'm assuming that you need a Daydream, and those are fairly common dragons, so look out for "rare" trading materials such as CB metallics (ahem, like, a [few] CB Green Copper[s], not like 7 CB Golds...), ~15 BSA hatchlings (or whatever amount, bleh) or maaaybe a 3rd gen Prize from 2015 lines or two.

I'd look for CB Silver Tinsel owners, ask for IOUs, and then collect what they want. Doubtful that there's someone out there who has a Daydream prizefail on hand, even slimmer chance that it's from a Silver Tinsel...

don't take my advice seriously, I'm too out of the loop. but yeah look for CB rares, most preferably hatched/influenced, and check to see who's willing to trade prizefails. >:U A CB Gold will definitely get you an offer, whether it be an IOU or direct breeding.

/runs away before getting attacked for bad info

Depends on what mate you need for your dragon. I'm assuming that you need a Daydream, and those are fairly common dragons, so look out for "rare" trading materials such as CB metallics (ahem, like, a [few] CB Green Copper[s], not like 7 CB Golds...), ~15 BSA hatchlings (or whatever amount, bleh) or maaaybe a 3rd gen Prize from 2015 lines or two.

I'd look for CB Silver Tinsel owners, ask for IOUs, and then collect what they want. Doubtful that there's someone out there who has a Daydream prizefail on hand, even slimmer chance that it's from a Silver Tinsel...

don't take my advice seriously, I'm too out of the loop. but yeah look for CB rares, most preferably hatched/influenced, and check to see who's willing to trade prizefails. >:U A CB Gold will definitely get you an offer, whether it be an IOU or direct breeding.

/runs away before getting attacked for bad info

I can't catch CB Metallics though, so fat chance here. And personally I do not value Common Eggs (even IF they are Prizekins) as worth CB metallics.

So me offering a CB Gold or the like is not going to happen. I mean yes they are CB Prizes involved but at the end of the day we are still looking at a Common, I think ^^;

Edited by Nalyua

I can't catch CB Metallics though, so fat chance here. And personally I do not value Common Eggs (even IF they are Prizekins) as worth CB metallics.

So me offering a CB Gold or the like is not going to happen. I mean yes they are CB Prizes but at the end of the day we are still looking at a Common, I think ^^;

Cross your fingers, run into the threads and people's profiles and scrolls while praying that they want something that you can catch easily or can breed, then?

I think it's a matter of supply and demand... play your cards right and the price for a mate will hopefully be 1/10 the price of your shiny. :V

(editing for space)

tbh, yes, it is 95% personal opinion, and 5% fact. that 5% fact states that it will probably never be worth a messy Canopy egg. nevar.

edit 2

Oh, yeah, almost forgot! If you do want to trade with 2nd gen Metals, try breeding with commons like Mints and Waterhorses and pretty pairs such as Blacks and Whites.

Edited by car340

Cross your fingers, run into the threads and people's profiles and scrolls while praying that they want something that you can catch easily or can breed, then?

I think it's a matter of supply and demand... play your cards right and the price for a mate will hopefully be 1/10 the price of your shiny. :V

Not that want to belittle Prize-fails. I am kinda curious though what they are valued at.

I know it's highly based on personal opnion and I don't see them at the CB Metallic Category ^^

Gen 3-4 Prize, Gen 2 Metal or so is probably where I see it at the most. And what I'd be willing to pay at the most when it comes to valuables.

I have seen some get dumped to the AP other times they are gifted or asked for a lot of trade. There seems like a huge range!

(editing for space)

tbh, yes, it is 95% personal opinion, and 5% fact. that 5% fact states that it will probably never be worth a messy Canopy egg. nevar.

Oh I realize that, but a CB metallic is a bit too much IMO. I still wanted to put the question out there for some input smile.gif

Edited by Nalyua

Oh I realize that, but a CB metallic is a bit too much IMO. I still wanted to put the question out there for some input smile.gif

A CB Metal is too much which is why I hate trading now. People tend to overprice things. Just wanted to say I have gotten a tinselkin or Prizekin (whatever you wish to call it) before as a gift. It usually just depends on the owner. Some give it out for free others don't.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/FCzGo

This is the little dude, that was a gift.

Edited by lollipop00

I don't think 2g fails are worth CB Metals, but finding someone willing to take time off of breeding for people who are paying for PRIZES to breed for fails is where the extra worth comes in.

In other words, getting lucky and finding someone breeding the fail you need = cheap, trying to request they specifically breed to get you that fail = expensive.

However the nice thing is that there are several hundred prize owners now, so my take on it is certainly not everyone's take on it. As Car said, I'd definitely suggest looking around at people who own the type of prize you need and seeing what you can do for them. That has always worked much better for me than laying shiny stuffs in trade threads and hoping they'll bite. smile.gif

I don't think 2g fails are worth CB Metals, but finding someone willing to take time off of breeding for people who are paying for PRIZES to breed for fails is where the extra worth comes in.

In other words, getting lucky and finding someone breeding the fail you need = cheap, trying to request they specifically breed to get you that fail = expensive.

However the nice thing is that there are several hundred prize owners now, so my take on it is certainly not everyone's take on it. As Car said, I'd definitely suggest looking around at people who own the type of prize you need and seeing what you can do for them. That has always worked much better for me than laying shiny stuffs in trade threads and hoping they'll bite. smile.gif

Yes I have already done so in the past and made contact with amazing people.

The wide range of answers had me wonder though how a bigger community thinks about this question.

So please forgive me for opening such a Box of Pandora. I know this is a highly sensitive topic.

Edited by Nalyua

The wide range of answers had me wonder though how a bigger community thinks about this question.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure there is a simple answer - the number of prize owners has increased greatly, but it's still very much a market driven by individual whims; what one person cheerfully gives away for free, another might demand a CB Gold or Silver for. :s

(FWIW, I tend to agree that 2G Prizefails are *not* worth a CB Gold or Silver unless perhaps they're from a spriter alt or the fail is a Gold or Silver. But, clearly, this is only my opinion and plenty of other CB Prize owners feel differently.)

I definitely agree, since there is a huge difference in getting a "custom egg" rather than an "eh, it didn't breed a prize, let's trade this fail" egg.

I've a couple of IOUs for specific fails set up, and really, it feels like practically the same thing to me, especially if the desired fail is uncommon/rare. I have to wait the long week to breed 'em, and they're still taking up a slot in my IOU list.

(That being said, I wouldn't demand a CB metal for a specific fail, either- unless they wanted a darn gold or silver fail, because they'd also be tying up a CB metal in the mating pair, potentially for weeks.)

EDIT: Amazon warrior beat me to it on the silver/gold fail thing!

Edited by toyofubl

I definitely agree, since there is a huge difference in getting a "custom egg" rather than an "eh, it didn't breed a prize, let's trade this fail" egg.

I've a couple of IOUs for specific fails set up, and really, it feels like practically the same thing to me, especially if the desired fail is uncommon/rare. I have to wait the long week to breed 'em, and they're still taking up a slot in my IOU list.

(That being said, I wouldn't demand a CB metal for a specific fail, either- unless they wanted a darn gold or silver fail, because they'd also be tying up a CB metal in the mating pair, potentially for weeks.)

EDIT: Amazon warrior beat me to it on the silver/gold fail thing!

I am aware that it changes when the fail is somewhat special.

So for the sake of things I was going for a Common Mate (Daydream,Albino,...) in this question ^^

I don't think it should be that more expensive, after all trying for a fail is a win/win for a breeder.

Get the fail you're after and you fulfill your bargain, get a prizefail fail and hey you have something even more valuable to trade.

Not really a downside for the breeder (unless they already have a list and in that case why would they add another obligation to it?)

I am aware that it changes when the fail is somewhat special.

So for the sake of things I was going for a Common Mate (Daydream,Albino,...) in this question ^^

Well (again, personal opinion/experience here), I'm very wary these days of offering fails from breeds that aren't on my list of shinies, since if those lists get out of sync then things can get... weird. I would say that your best bet is to advertise in your signature what you're looking for/prepared to offer in exchange, and maybe checking out prize owner profiles to see if someone has your preferred mate listed on their 2G shiny list and asking what they might want for a fail if they get one.

Well (again, personal opinion/experience here), I'm very wary these days of offering fails from breeds that aren't on my list of shinies, since if those lists get out of sync then things can get... weird. I would say that your best bet is to advertise in your signature what you're looking for/prepared to offer in exchange, and maybe checking out prize owner profiles to see if someone has your preferred mate listed on their 2G shiny list and asking what they might want for a fail if they get one.

At the moment I posted on the Tinselkin thread. SO yes that's what I am doing, as I am indeed looking for a specific breed of fail to make a lineage.

But yes basically that is what I am doing.

Thanks for all the input smile.gif

Initially, most Prizekin were dumped in the AP as worthless, called "fails," a term I hate. I started the Tinselkin thread with the perspective that these babies were Kin, family of the Prizes, and not failures. The Gorgeous Tinselkins, and later, the Shimmerkin thread were places where people who caught the little beauties could show them off, and many breeders gifted them through those threads.

Now, since there are many more of the Prize Dragons, they have become a trading commodity, to some degree. It boggles me when I see the amounts asked for what was once thrown away. wacko.gif

a CB silver for a 3G price is a good trade?

Which one are you offering, the silver or the prize?

If you're offering the prize, yes, good deal.

If you're offering the silver, it depends on the rarity of the line.

---

Alright. So. A minority of the people on DC are unable to successfully catch CB metallics such as Golds, Silvers, and the "uncommon" Coppers. Due to the infatuation of sitting in the Jungle/Forest biomes, getting Green Coppers is harder than before. Catching a CB metallic depends on a few things - your reaction, your internet speed, and how long it takes to load the images/links. Also patience, but that's kinda obvious. I'd say at least 65% of the users playing DC are unable to have all 3 good enough to catch rares successfully, and those who cannot must depend on other ways of trading, such as breeding desirable lineages, being (randomly) gifted, nabbing an abandoned rare egg in the AP, etc.

If you are the minority that can catch CB metallics, albeit rarely, you'd be better off trading it for others that you cannot catch, such as rare lines and lineages, cool codes, or just a lot of commons/BSA hatchlings. If you actually can catch enough to fill up your scroll with CB Golds and Silvers, you should trade those off for equally rare dragons such as Neglected Dragons and 2nd gen Prizes(doubtful, but yeah).

>:U Silvers are easier to catch than Golds, yes, but they're still rare dragons. So... I guess it's good either way? Just don't regret your trade, and make sure you can catch another if you want something equally or even more rare than the line you're trading for.

Edited by car340

time to post my own question here, mwahahhahaahaha!

ahem.

For the Gemstone Dragons, does anyone know how "rare" they are? Common, uncommon, a mix of the two Ehh, the wiki says that it's "uncommon". Seems to pop up more frequently than other uncommons. ? How many must I have for them to add up to the price of, say, a CB Gold? Which color is the most "rare"? Is there a fixed chance of what color you will get, luck, time caught/hatched? I have, like, too many reds...

time to post my own question here, mwahahhahaahaha!

ahem.

For the Gemstone Dragons, does anyone know how "rare" they are? Common, uncommon, a mix of the two Ehh, the wiki says that it's "uncommon". Seems to pop up more frequently than other uncommons. ? How many must I have for them to add up to the price of, say, a CB Gold? Which color is the most "rare"? Is there a fixed chance of what color you will get, luck, time caught/hatched? I have, like, too many reds...

I would say they are common, but highly in demand because of the three-colour thing. No idea how many you'd need to net a CB Gold, I'm afraid - probably a lot - at least 15? Possibly more. I guess it would depend on what the owner of a CB Gold egg is looking for for their collection. The three colours seem approximately equal in population, and the chance of getting a colour seems to be random, no link to timing.

Have:

1 CB Ice Egg

1 Chicken Egg

1 CB Brimstone with a Hog code

1 CB Olive with a See code

Want:

Good offers! PM me please.

How much would I possibly be able to get for all that? A CB Silver, or just something like a 4g Prize?

Gemshards will never be common, due to color-alts. That said, there's nothing you can do to reliably get a cb gold trade by OFFERING multiple somethings worth maybe the same value. Its their egg, if they want such a trade, they'll post it on their terms.

15 hatchies of correct color and correct gender is what i'd trade for in nebs, so i'd say that is your minimum baseline. Keep in mind though: its a new release. Completionists will often dump price to get what zhey feel is necessary. All you need is to find those rare little gems by stalking trades vigorously.

If I want to go on a breeding spree of black dragons (to try to get alts) which 2nd gen alts will be most valuble? 2nd gens from PB Blacks, 2nd gen from blackX silver/other rares/metallics ?

I'd like a couple of opinions, please.

Edited by yulerule

If I want to go on a breeding spree of black dragons (to try to get alts) which 2nd gen alts will be most valuble? 2nd gens from PB Blacks, 2nd gen from blackX silver/other rares/metallics ?

Pbs.

What's considered a fair trade for CB Nebulas, or Sesspartine and Almandine Pyralspites? I am a trading hobo newbie. >w>

What's considered a fair trade for CB Nebulas, or Sesspartine and Almandine Pyralspites? I am a trading hobo newbie. >w>

Since most People are hunting the biomes for stuff other than CB nebulas, it should not be hard to trade for them. Or better yet: just hunt them yourself.

As for Pyralspites, they are still pretty rare, due to their high demand (always true with color alts, see gemshards).

I would not go for Pyrals yet, if you are patient you can get them later in your DC life for a lot less than what you'd have to pay in their first year.

Since most People are hunting the biomes for stuff other than CB nebulas, it should not be hard to trade for them. Or better yet: just hunt them yourself.

As for Pyralspites, they are still pretty rare, due to their high demand (always true with color alts, see gemshards).

I would not go for Pyrals yet, if you are patient you can get them later in your DC life for a lot less than what you'd have to pay in their first year.

Okay, thank you!

If I'm looking to do a 1:1 trade of a dino, can I reasonably try for either an Almandine or Spessartine?

How many springs can I ask for in exchange for a dino?