Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

thanks for the response, I guess I won't be breeding him much at all dry.gif

Don't get down! The actual prizes are still going to be worth something, probably quite a bit. Also, as they become a bit more common, more people will feel like checkers are a possibility and probably prize fails will be more wanted.

Okay I bred this egg, and I am wondering what may be acceptable. I think it may not be a desirable pairing as there has been little interest, so any help would be appreciated

Tinselkin

Pretty!

As synditrix said, many people are probably locked with Valentines they want to keep.

If I currently had a CB Copper, Trio, or Unbreedable, I would offer that.

I would not offer a CB Gold, Silver, Almandine or Spessartine, or a 2nd gen Holiday from Spriter's Alt / Prize.

But that's just based on my preferences. What is acceptable to you, is completely your decision. smile.gif

I dunno, even with 600 new prizes out there, 2nd gens are still highly sought after. Sure, it's slightly easier to get them now, but the DC population is huge; the amount of prize owners is still a pretty darn small percentage of the total.

I know I can definitely appreciate them, in any case; they give some great lineage opportunities. Right now is definitely the wrong timing though, with the Valentine breeding only just having ended.

Along the same line as the previously asked question, what is a specific uncommon/common 2G Prizekin from a male Silver Tinsel worth? I'm looking to trade towards a few, maybe more of them, and would like a general idea on what I would need to catch or trade up for.

I'm aware prize owners might not expect a CB Gold for their Prizekins, but being a specific pairing they might not already be breeding, I'd just like a realistic view on what to expect. For example, would multiple unrelated 2G Black Alt hatchlings be in the realm of "likely trade" or would this be offering too little?

Edited by VampiricOmen

Along the same line as the previously asked question, what is a specific uncommon/common 2G Prizekin from a male Silver Tinsel worth? I'm looking to trade towards a few, maybe more of them, and would like a general idea on what I would need to catch or trade up for.

I'm aware prize owners might not expect a CB Gold for their Prizekins, but being a specific pairing they might not already be breeding, I'd just like a realistic view on what to expect. For example, would multiple unrelated 2G Black Alt hatchlings be in the realm of "likely trade" or would this be offering too little?

I found a 2nd gen common shimmerkin in the AP only once, some months ago. I tried to trade it for a cb gold or silver with no luck at all. At the end I swapped it for another prizekin and then traded it for a cb copper.

Since you want a specific pair the price will increase, but you should also consider that there are many new prizes around now.

My suggestion is to look at the profile of some silver tinsel owners: many wrote there how (if possible) to request tinselkins and how much they will cost.

Some I saw, for a specific mate, asked the classic CB gold.

Would a second gen GW with a Royal Blue father get me anything?

Not especially. Bred GW aren't that rare. You might get a messy bsa or a common cb hatchie or something like that.

Not especially. Bred GW aren't that rare. You might get a messy bsa or a common cb hatchie or something like that.

Alright, thanks.

What do I need if I want to trade for a CB Gold Egg?

What do I need if I want to trade for a CB Gold Egg?

A cb neglected or a 3rd gen prize dragon would probably work. 2 cb silvers or a cb silver and a cb green copper.

A bit late now, but hunting the AP for 2nd gen holidays from spriters alts or maybe a 2nd gen holiday prizekin would work (the spriters alt probably can get you more than one cb gold). Try to get on the thuwed list, a 2nd gen thuwed can also get you a couple of cb metals easily (I was offered 2 cb golds for a 2nd gen thuwed even though it wasn't up for trade).

2g prizekin:

You have to differentiate a little between availability, worth and willingness/necessity to find a trade.

• 2g prizekin are a lot more common than 2g prizes, AND of course, for most people the lesser desired.
  • in order to properly use 2g prizekin for anything that has subsequent worth, you'd need a matching 2g prize - thus limiting the amount of people who want to pay "much"
  • CB owners have no real need to trade their kin. They can get everything and more for the 2nd gen prizes, so many just make gifting lists, or drop them to the AP or free for alls.
  • Specific mates are hard to find for just a kin-trade. If you can't make do with what owners already breed to, you might be hard-pressed to ever get on a list, no matter how little people would ask for the kin.

This all boils down to this:

Don't expect your 2g kin to be worth more than, say, a CB Copper. Maybe not even a green one. There might be people out there, who pay more, because they need that specific thing - Just don't expect it.

Don't expect to be able to trade for every 2g kin you can imagine just because they are cheaper. It's tough working to find an owner who breeds to something that's not on their "main prize list", if they even DO lists anymore.

2nd gen PB swallowtail hatchie with 'naughty' code. (see my scroll) I have not got a single offer, and I don't want to keep it. What should I do to get offers?

2nd gen PB swallowtail hatchie with 'naughty' code. (see my scroll) I have not got a single offer, and I don't want to keep it. What should I do to get offers?

I don't think there is a lot of interest in 2nd gen codes, most want cb codes or egg from 2 cb coded parents.

Random collectors might be interested in swapping a cb BSA egg or something else not too difficult to catch or breed.

What do CB seasonals go for nowadays? I misclicked a winter smile.gif

What do CB seasonals go for nowadays? I misclicked a winter smile.gif

Early in the season I was bartering CB golden wyverns for CB winters, but now I think their value has decreased slightly. I'm not sure about now, though.

I found a 2nd gen common shimmerkin in the AP only once, some months ago. I tried to trade it for a cb gold or silver with no luck at all. At the end I swapped it for another prizekin and then traded it for a cb copper.

Since you want a specific pair the price will increase, but you should also consider that there are many new prizes around now.

My suggestion is to look at the profile of some silver tinsel owners: many wrote there how (if possible) to request tinselkins and how much they will cost.

Some I saw, for a specific mate, asked the classic CB gold.

2g prizekin:

You have to differentiate a little between availability, worth and willingness/necessity to find a trade.

2g prizekin are a lot more common than 2g prizes, AND of course, for most people the lesser desired.

in order to properly use 2g prizekin for anything that has subsequent worth, you'd need a matching 2g prize - thus limiting the amount of people who want to pay "much"

CB owners have no real need to trade their kin. They can get everything and more for the 2nd gen prizes, so many just make gifting lists, or drop them to the AP or free for alls.

Specific mates are hard to find for just a kin-trade. If you can't make do with what owners already breed to, you might be hard-pressed to ever get on a list, no matter how little people would ask for the kin.

This all boils down to this:

Don't expect your 2g kin to be worth more than, say, a CB Copper. Maybe not even a green one. There might be people out there, who pay more, because they need that specific thing - Just don't expect it.

Don't expect to be able to trade for every 2g kin you can imagine just because they are cheaper. It's tough working to find an owner who breeds to something that's not on their "main prize list", if they even DO lists anymore.

Thank you very much, Iside and whitebaron for the comprehensive advice on prizekin values. Armed with this knowledge I feel a little less unsure on how to approach trading for one. I'll likely encounter some road blocks with the specific breed I'm after, even if they are somewhat prolific; I haven't seen many male Silver Tinsel lines in existence with them. Still it's something I'm going to put the effort into obtaining, as I do plan on using them.

Thank you both for your time!

Aren't 2. gen Silvers (although from holiday) anything worth anymore? The past weeks I feel it's rarely worth the trouble trading at all...

Aren't 2. gen Silvers (although from holiday) anything worth anymore? The past weeks I feel it's rarely worth the trouble trading at all...

If it would be one i needed, i would pay a CB Copper for a 2nd gen metal wink.gif

other then that i think everyone is still trying to trade their valentine needs

Are offspring from this dragon worth much less because the original CB mate was killed?

I've seen offspring from Prowl go for a lot before, so no.

Is the first 3G Prize from a specific mate from a 2014 shimmer worth a messy Neglected for freezing? I'm so nervous about breeding my first 2G Prize for trade because I'm not sure what I'd ask for it. xd.png

Edited by Earth Gurl

What can I get for a dino?

Edit: Can I get a PB 2G Yellow Undine? Or a Coast/Alpine Pyralspite?

Edited by OtomeKristinOtaku

What can I get for a dino?

Edit: Can I get a PB 2G Yellow Undine? Or a Coast/Alpine Pyralspite?

Dinos and other unbreedables seem to be worth more these days as the value of prizes, metallics, and other breedables have generally depreciated. I think a PB 2G Yellow Undine is pretty realistic in exchange, or any bred Coast/Alpine Pyralspite. Except I think a dino in exchange for a CB Coast/Alpine Pyralspite is pushing it because those are so rare these days >.<

What are Yellow undines going for? Like a pb 2nd gen one?

Less than 2G PB alt blacks but around the same as 2G PB alt vines imo. Most people don't seem to need them, but the ones who do would probably pay around CB trio value.

How valuable are cb gold wyverns?

Yeah, I went on hiatus too, and while they used to be around the value of CB trios, blacks and stripes, (which were rarer than they are today too) I'd say they're only uncommon these days. I don't even pick them up in the cave because I can't get much for them.

On the other hand, is it unrealistic to ask for 2 CB hatchlings, a CB nebula, or a 2G ice from M silver for 3G stairstep metals? I haven't gotten ANY offers so far and I thought I was being pretty reasonable because I offered both of the metals for the 2G ice :/

Here are the lineages:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/SzfhM

https://dragcave.net/lineage/1zOwz

p.s. are these spriter alt offspring worth anything?:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/4L6JD

https://dragcave.net/lineage/l6S9Z

Edited by synditrix