Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Just wondering, how are 2014 halloween hatchlings priced in comparison to CB metals and unbreedables? I've killed five papers this halloween and I need replacements for them.

I traded my CB silver for two new Halloween hatchlings (that was before they were released, so it was an IOU) and traded a 2nd gen destruction avatar for one hatchling today, so I think it depends on what people are looking for. I certainly wasn't expecting a Halloween for the avatar, but that's what I got. So I'm sure that someone would be willing to trade a paper for a Halloween hatchling.

Are cb thunders worth anything anymore? I don't seem to get any offers on it, and the only offers asking for one are always trio trades.. sad.gif

CB thunders tend to be the most common of the CB trios, putting them into the range of what you might consider as 'uncommon'.

Eggs stuck in that category can be notoriously difficult to trade, since, generally speaking, they're just about rare enough that people who want them have learned that they're unlikely to get them in the Trading section, since they're too rare as that the wants of the person offering them and the haves-and-willing-to-part-withs of the person wanting them are likely to align... and so there aren't as many people watching out for those trades as there could be by species demand alone.

I was offering 3 CB Blusangs and a CB Undine for CB Almandine or CB Spessatrine Pyralspite(s) [i'm not sure of their value, which is why I was asking for possibly more than one], and I received no offers. Are they really that rare? Was my offer that much of a low ball? I thought CB Blusangs were still fairly sought after :/

The trouble with the almandine and spessartine pyralspites is that they're still fairly new and about as difficult to get as blood from a stone. I'd say your trade offer is fair, speaking from pure value (though, that being said, the blusangs have been getting more obtainable), but the timing is regrettable - people want the pyralspites more than the blusangs. So, right now, that trade is difficult. (Moreso since it's right after Halloween and some people are scroll-locked.)

Edited by pinkgothic

The trouble with the almandine and spessartine pyralspites is that they're still fairly new and about as difficult to get as blood from a stone. I'd say your trade offer is fair, speaking from pure value (though, that being said, the blusangs have been getting more obtainable), but the timing is regrettable - people want the pyralspites more than the blusangs. So, right now, that trade is difficult. (Moreso since it's right after Halloween and some people are scroll-locked.)

Tell me about it xP

I did consider the scroll lock issue. It definitely contributes to it, I'm sure.

Thank you so much for your input! I value the feedback greatly biggrin.gif

Edited by Wahya

Sorry for the newbie question, but I'm recently getting back into cave hunting.

What do CB red dorsals usually trade for? Other uncommons? Maybe a common hatchie or two? Possibly a pretty even-gen?

Edited by Ponie

so, I'm trying to trade for more 2g avatars. offering 2g silver hatchies, 4g shimmer egg - no bites. is that really only the hw mania or did shinies somehow get less interesting?

also, i traded 7 hw hatchies for a cb gold.

---

red dorsals should go for unbreedables, a couple hatchies (might ask for bsa or cb, you'll still be able to get more than one or two)

Edited by whitebaron

so, I'm trying to trade for more 2g avatars. offering 2g silver hatchies, 4g shimmer egg - no bites. is that really only the hw mania or did shinies somehow get less interesting?

also, i traded 7 hw hatchies for a cb gold.

---

red dorsals should go for unbreedables, a couple hatchies (might ask for bsa or cb, you'll still be able to get more than one or two)

^ people might be waiting for them to gender.

I know misgenders are rare but they are a bugbear to replace when it happens with low gen shinies. I tend to wait for gendering, and I know others that have waited out accepting on things I offer for the same reason.

It's probably also Halloween Fever. I'm trying to trade a 3G Shimmer from Jewel and because I don't want to trade it for Halloweens, I'm not getting much interest. rolleyes.gif

Would a CB Gold be a fair offer for two orange Pyralspites from the Coast or for one of those and one of the hot-pink-ish ones from Alpine?

(Was off-line for 7 months, trying to catch up on missed dragons and no idea of values...)

Would a CB Gold be a fair offer for two orange Pyralspites from the Coast or for one of those and one of the hot-pink-ish ones from Alpine?

(Was off-line for 7 months, trying to catch up on missed dragons and no idea of values...)

Thats a bit much imo.

A CB copper for 2 maybe.

Also, what can I possibly get with an ND? smile.gif

This depends on who is willing to trade and what you want.

I usually took 15+ hatchi IOUs for them. Though it can be hard to arrange such a trade, cb golds and silvers are reasonable requests for a caveborn neglected. I have been known to give 3rd gen shimmer/tinsel offspring for them as well.

I know that it isn't worth much because it's not CB and is a bit messy, but I found a perfect word code White in the AP earlier. Would I be able to expect any offers for it, or should I not bother and just keep it? (Which I don't really mind since I like nice codes, heh.)

The only thing I'm asking for it is a certain code (not a perfect word, mind you). Other than that I listed that I'm open to looking at any offers.

Edited by 11th

I know that it isn't worth much because it's not CB and is a bit messy, but I found a perfect word code White in the AP earlier. Would I be able to expect any offers for it, or should I not bother and just keep it? (Which I don't really mind since I like nice codes, heh.)

The only thing I'm asking for it is a certain code (not a perfect word, mind you). Other than that I listed that I'm open to looking at any offers.

That's a cute code laugh.gif

I think what you're asking for is fair, but it' still unlikely that it will happen, since you'd need to find someone who currently has the code you're looking for on an egg or hatchie and is interested in your offer for it. Since the code you're looking for is a 4-letter-word, it might work out. I'd recommend putting a note in your signature that you're looking for that specific code and are willing to breed for it - that way more people see it.

@ gold for pyralspites trade: I haven't seen almadines and spessartines at all lately, they seem to have become the new coppers. So I doubt that 1:4 is going to work out. While I wouldn't trade a cb gold for two pyralspites (since I am sure they'll become more common again), I believe 1:2 is a rather fair trade at this time. Seems a bit ridiculous, though, regarding that pyropes are still common. I'd just keep the gold and catch the pyralspites later, if I were you.

That's a cute code  laugh.gif

I think what you're asking for is fair, but it' still unlikely that it will happen, since you'd need to find someone who currently has the code you're looking for on an egg or hatchie and is interested in your offer for it. Since the code you're looking for is a 4-letter-word, it might work out. I'd recommend putting a note in your signature that you're looking for that specific code and are willing to breed for it - that way more people see it.

Yeah, I know. I just listed it on the off chance that someone does have it. I'm starting to get attached to Sixty, though (Like all codes, heh.), so I'll just keep it at this point.

I actually do plan to put a note in my signature after Christmas. For now I really need to use the character space to try and find the line I need, since I know it's going to be tough. ><

@ gold for pyralspites trade: I haven't seen almadines and spessartines at all lately, they seem to have become the new coppers. So I doubt that 1:4 is going to work out. While I wouldn't trade a cb gold for two pyralspites (since I am sure they'll become more common again), I believe 1:2 is a rather fair trade at this time. Seems a bit ridiculous, though, regarding that pyropes are still common. I'd just keep the gold and catch the pyralspites later, if I were you.

Thanks! I'm currently trying to trade for 3, (so I have a - hopefully compatible - breeding pair of each type,) to see how that works out, and am willing to wait for part of the trade, if the person is reputable, so Ill find out how that goes eventually, lol.

Hate missing out on Releases...

I spent the day in the coast on Friday hoping to catch another Spessartine or two and I didn't even see a single one! I did see a silver, copper (caught it!!), chicken, and a zillion blusangs during the afternoon. So anyway, it does seem like the coast and alpine variants are pretty rare at the moment!

I have an egg with the code of clANS and got three offers.

1) A CB Nebula Egg

2) A correctly gendered 3rd gen stairstep Shimmer from Jewel (with Lumina)

3) A 2nd gen Gold from Magi PLUS a CB Rainbow Copper

4) Two CB Coppers

I need to know quickly as the Shimmer will grow up soon.

I have an egg with the code of clANS and got three offers.

1) A CB Nebula Egg

2) A correctly gendered 3rd gen stairstep Shimmer from Jewel (with Lumina)

3) A 2nd gen Gold from Magi PLUS a CB Rainbow Copper

4) Two CB Coppers

I need to know quickly as the Shimmer will grow up soon.

Personally, I would take the shimmer, or the coppers. But that's me (I'm prize obsessed so it might not be best for you. tongue.gif)

Okay I've canceled the Nebula offer. But I got another offer. A 2nd gen Gold hatchie from a female RB and a 2nd gen female Avatar from Male Canopy. I'm NOT sure which to choose! The Shimmer has 5 hours left and I need to choose quickly!!!

Okay I've canceled the Nebula offer. But I got another offer. A 2nd gen Gold hatchie from a female RB and a 2nd gen female Avatar from Male Canopy. I'm NOT sure which to choose! The Shimmer has 5 hours left and I need to choose quickly!!!

If it was me I'd choose either the 3gen Shimmer or the two Coppers. rolleyes.gif 3gens from Jewel usually go for a lot and their hard to come by.

Ahhh conflicted, eh? xd.png The 2g Gold/2g Avatar is mine LOL.

You should probably go with the shimmer, you can trade 4g offspring from it for pretty nice things and at least an unbreedable. However, seeing as the mate is a Lumina you won't produce a Shimmer very often. Just check the progeny of the parents from the 3g and you'll get a general idea. Offspring from the 2g Gold (assuming you make a perfect checker) will usually only go for bloodswaps or 3g metal switches. Getting a mate for the gold is no problem, but for the avatar that may be a challenge to get a mate from, especially if you don't have a GoN yourself. Unless you decide to make a stairstep of course. xd.png

I'd agree that the best offer is the shimmer or the coppers, but it's your call. smile.gif In terms of pure value the shimmer is worth a bit more IMO but if you're into lineage building, the coppers may be more useful to you and their value is less likely to fluctuate as they are CBs that drop at a fixed rate.

Just so you know, you can probably trade a 4G shimmer for a 2G gold or avatar. You can also probably trade for a CB copper (CB coppers tend to go about 1:1 with 4Gs in my experience, with the possible exception of green coppers which are substantially more valuable).

The one concern I would have about the shimmer line is that luminas are fairly common and you may have some difficulty getting it to breed true. If you do get enough 4G shimmers, you can likely trade for everything else you're considering, but with that pairing it may also take months to get your first shiny offspring, I've had some difficulty with my bronze shimmer x black line and blacks are, as far as I know, less common than shimmers.

That said, please do make up your mind quickly, as it's possible the shimmer's owner will want to try and trade it quickly before it matures if you are not interested.

Question for the prize traders: What is a 4th gen silver shimmer (Quantum color, hellfire mate, stair, all rather short names) worth? It's not a rare line, the 2nd gen has bred 13 shimmers and the 3rd gen 6 including the one I got my hands on. I am aware that its offspring is rather worthless, but is the 4th gen decent trade fodder or do I simply keep it?

Question for the prize traders: What is a 4th gen silver shimmer (Quantum color, hellfire mate, stair, all rather short names) worth? It's not a rare line, the 2nd gen has bred 13 shimmers and the 3rd gen 6 including the one I got my hands on. I am aware that its offspring is rather worthless, but is the 4th gen decent trade fodder or do I simply keep it?

I would try to trade it still!

Regardless of rarity, 4th gens normally always get offers on really. Plus from a shimmer collecting point of view, keeping it wouldn't make much sense since you already have the lineage, and I'm sure there's people who would trade another 4g for it, which would give you a new lineage at least!