Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Sorry for double post, but I've got a question myself!

What is a Coast Pyralspite worth currently? Since I just caught one but I don't need it, but I have no idea if they're still super rare as in rarer than coppers and even silvers?

Question for the prize traders: What is a 4th gen silver shimmer (Quantum color, hellfire mate, stair, all rather short names) worth? It's not a rare line, the 2nd gen has bred 13 shimmers and the 3rd gen 6 including the one I got my hands on. I am aware that its offspring is rather worthless, but is the 4th gen decent trade fodder or do I simply keep it?

you can still get uncommon to rare dragons for your 4g shimmer lines, no matter how common their offspring is.

CB blusangs or trios should not be a problem, you can sometimes even fetch a cb copper.

Thanks for your advice, Sany and whitebaron! I don't own the 3rd gen, I just got lucky in the AP and since I stopped collecing prize dragons quite a while ago, I thought I might try to get something nice out of it - trio or bluesang sounds good, I'll try for that smile.gif Probably much better trading the 4th gen than keeping it and trying to trade its offspring.

Sany, congrats on the spessartine! I think they are still rare, at least they were last week - I saw several bluesangs and a copper while hunting for one (and didn't even see one).

Sany, congrats on the spessartine! I think they are still rare, at least they were last week - I saw several bluesangs and a copper while hunting for one (and didn't even see one).

I somehow managed to catch one last week and one today haha.

And seems demand is high indeed, I put it on trade a bit ago after the cooldown and got 7 offers on it so far (some less awesome than others) 0.O

Hey ^^

Please I'd like to know if I can get a CB Autumn (or a pair of CB Autumns) with a 2 gen Silver or Gold;

They're the only CB Seasons that I need! One couple of Autumn dragons. biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Hey ^^

Please I'd like to know if I can get a CB Autumn (or a pair of CB Autumns) with a 2 gen Silver or Gold;

They're the only CB Seasons that I need! One couple of Autumn dragons. biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Easily. wink.gif

I somehow managed to catch one last week and one today haha.

And seems demand is high indeed, I put it on trade a bit ago after the cooldown and got 7 offers on it so far (some less awesome than others) 0.O

I'm offering a CB Thunder and Gen 2 Gold for one.

Though honestly I am quite annoyed because I got several offers of bred pyralspite eggs or such ones from the Volcano for them (not talking of the Metallic swap I get, as I specifically mentioned I will consider these as well) and I specifically mentioned in my post that I will keep them if I recieve no suitable CB offers.

Personally I think CB Thunder and a Gen 2 gold is enough, and I wouldn't really pay much more. But then again I think some of the trade requests seem quite ridiculous to me as of late ^^;

Maybe I am being sentimental here but I think determining the value of a dragon has become more and more difficult over the time, because a lot of it has become super subjective.

One person will tell you they hardly see any X at all and so it must be utterly rare, others see more and think otherwise. We have no defined rarity tag on a dragon so it's hard to tell I guess? But I see it sooooooooooooooo often that people define something (like new prize lines) as rare and want super overpay and next year when the dragons have more time to spread the same line will hardly be even accepted as a gift. That is one reason why I refuse to pay CB metallics for Prize lines that are higher than like gen 3.

So yeah personally I request and offer what I feel comfortable with and try to be as specific as possible in my trade posts (because I always am at a loss to offer something if people just say they want "offers" and want to avoid it for others ^^; ).

So if you feel your egg has a good demand I'd just do that: make a post and give a list of things that you would preferebly want and things that you would consider as offers and see what happens smile.gif

Also this is probably why you think some offers are more awesome than others: not everyone will want to pay an arm and a leg for these, or you may simply not like what is offered that much for other reasons. That's why I prefer offering if people actually have a list of things to give me a general idea what they may like.

Edited by Nalyua

pyralspites should not go for more than a 2g metal. However, as with all new releases, there are those who don't care for realistic prices or just want to profit.

How much is a 2g Avatar worth?

Would I be losing out by asking for a few CB common hatchlings (specific breeds) or two gendered CB Nebulas?

Would it be unreasonable to ask for a Shimmerscale, Tinsel, or Thuwed/Dorkface from a nice line?

Thank you for helping!

How much is a 2g Avatar worth?

Would I be losing out by asking for a few CB common hatchlings (specific breeds) or two gendered CB Nebulas?

Would it be unreasonable to ask for a Shimmerscale, Tinsel, or Thuwed/Dorkface from a nice line?

Thank you for helping!

A 2g Avatar could probably get you an uncommon hatchie or 2-3 common hatchlings. I think the only metals you'd be able to trade for would be GWs and maybe Coppers.

I think asking for 2-3 CB common hatchlings is reasonable, and two gendered CB Nebulae is also fine.

You would probably be able to get a Prize or Thuwed/Dorkface, but I think you'd have to look a little bit harder.

I don't think any combination you've asked about here is unreasonable, but the latter two would probably be harder to get. smile.gif

Thanks for the comments, everyone! I've never had as many offers on a trade as on this Pyralspite, omg haha. Someone bred me 4 mates I still needed so I obviously went with that, super happy to find that one sitting there this morning biggrin.gif

But like expected, no one is crazy enough to give a CB Silver or 3g prize for it haha.

I would say the highest worth I got for it was 2 4g prize eggs, or 2 trio hatchies, a paper hatchie and a chicken egg. So to everyone wondering what the value of a spessartine is, that's about it I think haha.

pyralspites should not go for more than a 2g metal. However, as with all new releases, there are those who don't care for realistic prices or just want to profit.

I am aware people want to make profit but some requests are really just very odd. And I have seen people demanding CB metallics for Like Gen 4 Prizes and then offer said CB metallics for Gen 2 Prizes.

This is some time ago and I will not name names (and I have not seen this person since a long time anyway, so it makes no matter, I am just more talking about the general type of trading), but I have made a note not to trade with people like that, personally.

Also keep in mind that I am one of the people who are not after making profit all of the time as I give out gen 2-3 metallics for almost nothing often (sometimes as less as 2 CB Commons just because I need them for my collection). I have had people already asking me why I suddenly asked for the full price. It kind of made me surprised because I needed what I requested for for my collection and I felt it was a fair offer.

Edited by Nalyua

A lot about trading still banks on supply and demand. If someone doesn't have access to the supply, they may feel it is worth more; people who do have access may value it less.

Prize lines can be tricky to work with. I've found that I can no longer really trade 4g Prizes for things I want (I.E., things I can use in my lineage project), so I've stopped breeding them. Sometimes I can trade for 3g Prizes if I try really hard, but it's become harder and harder to do so over time, even for old lines. I haven't been able to find what I consider suitable trades for CB Silvers or Coppers in quite a while, to the point where I've started gifting them to friends instead. :'B

——————————————

That being said—what are CB Red Coppers worth these days, anyway? I just caught one and I'm wondering if it's worth the effort of trying to trade it off as opposed to keeping it or gifting it.

A lot about trading still banks on supply and demand. If someone doesn't have access to the supply, they may feel it is worth more; people who do have access may value it less.

Prize lines can be tricky to work with. I've found that I can no longer really trade 4g Prizes for things I want (I.E., things I can use in my lineage project), so I've stopped breeding them. Sometimes I can trade for 3g Prizes if I try really hard, but it's become harder and harder to do so over time, even for old lines. I haven't been able to find what I consider suitable trades for CB Silvers or Coppers in quite a while, to the point where I've started gifting them to friends instead. :'B

——————————————

That being said—what are CB Red Coppers worth these days, anyway? I just caught one and I'm wondering if it's worth the effort of trying to trade it off as opposed to keeping it or gifting it.

I don't know how much they go for in general, but I recently traded a CB silver for a green copper and a red copper, if that helps at all. smile.gif

Yeah, the CB Pyralspite trading is bizarre right now. I've been offering a CB copper PLUS several other rares for just one CB Almandine (alpine) Pyralspite, and still can't get any takers.

Yeah, the CB Pyralspite trading is bizarre right now.  I've been offering a CB copper PLUS several other rares for just one CB Almandine (alpine) Pyralspite, and still can't get any takers.

That's because they're (effectively) not dropping. ninja.gif I'm sure people would trade with you if they had a CB almandine. laugh.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

That's because they're (effectively) not dropping. ninja.gif I'm sure people would trade with you if they had a CB almandine. laugh.gif

I saw one earlier today so they are dropping, just rarely.

I saw one earlier today so they are dropping, just rarely.

That's what I mean with '(effectively)'. xd.png

That's what I mean with '(effectively)'. xd.png

*shrug* They are there though. It's not like they've pulled a Copper and completely vanished.

What would be fair for a 3rd Gen Tinsel like this? I've been trying to trade a sibling without much luck. :S

What would be fair for a 3rd Gen Tinsel like this? I've been trying to trade a sibling without much luck. :S

I'm not going to say what you should expect to get for that. I will however give a couple of suggestions to that would increase the amount of offers you could deem "valuable". First off it'd be a lot better if the mate was a gold instead of a golden wyvern so it wouldn't have to be a 4-breed checker. I'm not sure if that would get complicated down the road, but that's just my view.

I see that you've only made EGs of it with the same gold wyvern so I'd assume you don't have a CB Gold yourself. I'd say you should try and get a 2g Gold F x Lumina M and continue that line with that gold rather than the gold wyvern. I'm not sure what offers you've gotten, but I think I saw that you just wanted CB Autumns. Let's compare yours to mine...

The siblings to this I've ALWAYS been able to trade off. I've gotten for each breeding (prize, not blusangs, I just AP those):

2g Metal

2g Metal

3 CB Desipises

2g Metal

The first baby was gifted to a friend because it was their birthday and I thought it'd make a great gift. wink.gif Also, every time I have put it up for trade it usually gets an offer in less than 40 hours in PM or on trade link.

Also since you're probably wanting to go EG route, you don't need to have the mate to be a male lumina. There are other mates available and all you have to do is just test breed and find the best mate to make it look appealing.

A few I would recommend:

2g Gold Female x Blusang

2g Gold Female x Water

2g Gold Female x Winter

2g Gold Female x Ice

I myself would probably go with the 2g Gold x Ice pairing. The face of the ice would look more appealing as a contrast/substitution for the silver tinsel. Not only that but it would be easier to get a 2g gold from so if you asked for that combo in trade you're more likely to get it than the 2g Gold female x Water, imo.

EG Prize lines are hard to trade imo. i've personally traded swaps and a hand full of CB hatchies for 4G 2 breed checkers from Prize lines; since thats a 3-breed checker, but a 3G and a hardish to build mate ... id say probably a few uncommon CB hatchies

Saynna gave some great advice as to why you're not getting much interest imo. i agree that finding a 2G gold to continue the lineage with would so a long way

i'd personally shy away from Luminas (tho goodness they are a good stand in for the Silver Tinsels o.0 ) and try to find a more uncommon or better used mate breeding wise; this way its a bit easier for people getting the offspring to breed a suitable mate for him.

go with mates that are blue/silver in color. imo, a male silver is the best stand in for a Silver prize ... but given its paired with a female gold, getting offspring for it will be like pulling teeth dry.gif though a lineage like that would be jaw dropping xd.png

the Male Green Copper is another great choice, as is the Bluesang *nods* a Guardian Dragon or Coastal Waverunner or Royal Blue would make for an interesting checker, they both have silver in the sprite and mimic the shape a bit ....

a gold from a GoN would be interesting as well ... tho a lot of people dont like dont GoN checkers cause you can't get them perfect unsure.gif

Until last week I didn't have a CB Gold, so a proper stair wasn't an option.

I understood when I settled on the GW/Lumina replacements that it wouldn't be the most popular option, but my concern with rarer dragons was that it would be tough for others to find/breed matching mates for them if they wanted to continue the pattern. I have done other things with Luminas and I don't think that they breed as badly as most people might assume.

My main concern has been the lack of offers all together, though. :/ I know that EGs are tougher to trade, but I think I've only gotten three for him in over a week. Right now he's an ER hatchling, so I'm getting a bit concerned. I'm mostly looking for CB Autumns, which I didn't think would be too far fetched, but I guess I was wrong?

Until last week I didn't have a CB Gold, so a proper stair wasn't an option.

I understood when I settled on the GW/Lumina replacements that it wouldn't be the most popular option, but my concern with rarer dragons was that it would be tough for others to find/breed matching mates for them if they wanted to continue the pattern. I have done other things with Luminas and I don't think that they breed as badly as most people might assume.

My main concern has been the lack of offers all together, though. :/ I know that EGs are tougher to trade, but I think I've only gotten three for him in over a week. Right now he's an ER hatchling, so I'm getting a bit concerned. I'm mostly looking for CB Autumns, which I didn't think would be too far fetched, but I guess I was wrong?

Usually people who collect EGs lineages (like me) aren't too worried about the difficulty of building a mate (which is sometimes half the fun in my opinion smile.gif ). I agree with Saynna and Red2111 that it would be much better to use a 2G Gold (x something blue) as a mate though I would prefer a 2G Gold from Male Silver x Female Gold to do the checker. This is to reduce the 4-breed EG to 3-breed which does matter, as it's the closest to 2-breed that we can get.

As for trading EGs, 2-breed Prize EGs like this can be traded for the normal price: CB Gold/2 CB Silvers or even 3G Stair Prize Swaps. Definitely fewer offers but then you can accept only one anyway xd.png so I don't think being EG is the problem.

For my 3-breed EGs like these: https://dragcave.net/lineage/UYOES, https://dragcave.net/lineage/pFjM4, and https://dragcave.net/lineage/yEm4v, I've traded for 1-2 CB Metal/s, it's more about finding the right people who would trade for such a lineage smile.gif

As for the CB Autumns, I think the trade is actually quite reasonable but maybe it would help to put to quantify the CB Autumn hatchies you're looking for, and also to allow room for IOU as it might be hard to find someone who has a lot on hand at the moment? (e.g. 4-6 CB Autumn hatchies, will take IOU if already have 4 on hand and want to offer more)