Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Sorry, I'm back again. I just need to know what the alpine and coast Pyrals are actually worth. I have people offering me single eggs for my Chicken, but Ha-Ki mentioned she got four for one. So, am I being underpaid or did she just get overpaid?

The current order of rarity/demand for CB Pyralspites seems to be:

Almandine (alpine) > Spessartine (coast) >> Pyrope (volcano)

The Almandines (alpine) are commanding a high-ish price right now. Ha-Ki's post says she thinks she got two from coast & two from volcano. If they were all four CB hatchies, then I do think it was great trade, going by current value of the Spessartines, and the fact that they were hatchies.

I will say that I have found it harder in recent days to catch an Almandine than a Chicken. But Chickens have lasting rarity value, whereas the Pyralspite rush is, I believe, temporary. Pyralspite prices I think are beginning to drop, or will soon. If you really need an Almandine now (need it for a Halloween mate for the upcoming breeding season, or something), then take one egg or hatchie. Otherwise try to get at least two CB Almandines/Spessartines for your Chicken.

Edited by Tecca

Yep, what Tecca is saying - I got my trade during the first days of the pyralspite release, when the alpine ones still dropped in most 5-minute-drops and the coast ones were still fairly easy to catch, they usually sat in the coast for a couple of refreshes. And the volcano ones were dirt common. And everyone had a few on hand, because they were new.

Pyralspites are much harder to find these days, I wouldn't expect to get that trade again. What I wanted to say is basically that I got 4 cb rather common hatchies for my chicken. Sorry for the confusion...

Edit:

cb ice: a trio swap or a swap for an unbreedable, I saw a trade yesterday asking for a chicken for a cb trio, I think that's fair.

Holly: Depends a lot on the lineage - messy ones are gifted, while 3rd gen ones are traded for cb metals and I'd assume 2nd gen ones go for multiple cb metals.

Edited by Ha-Ki

Actually I'm not sure if she meant four chickens for one garnet or four garnets for one chicken..

Edited by MessengerDragon

Actually I'm not sure if she meant four chickens for one garnet or four garnets for one chicken.. 

Reread my post above yours wink.gif

4 cb hatchies for one chicken, but the volcano ones are still common and the coast ones also were rather common when I did that trade. So it's 4 cb common-ish hatchies for a chicken that I got.

Edited by Ha-Ki

(seems cheeses are a lot more common than before)

What is a holly worth? They used to be really rare, something that you could get almost anything in return for, but now they don't seem to be that rare any more. So, what is their value this year?

2 gens - high. Other gens - not really, though pretty checkers are good.

As I said in another thread - they were fairly easy to find the AP last year, pretty ones harder, but ordinary ones were all over. - I am sorry you didn't see them !

Tried trading 2 2G Avatars of nice lineage for a couple Almandines and Spessartines recently, and came up with zero luck. Any input on what CB Almandines and Spessartines are worth at the moment? I expect this to change as the "rush" dies down, but I'm curious. :'D

Tried trading 2 2G Avatars of nice lineage for a couple Almandines and Spessartines recently, and came up with zero luck. Any input on what CB Almandines and Spessartines are worth at the moment? I expect this to change as the "rush" dies down, but I'm curious. :'D

4 days ago I caught 4 spessartines - it required some biome-stalking and patience, but wasn't really hard (for comparison: I am too slow to catch metals, I can catch unbreedables sometimes, but not reliably).

I tried to get some more for trade fodder yesterday and today and didn't even see them. I did see two papers, two coppers, a gold, a chicken and two bluesangs in that time. (Kicking myself now that I froze one of the last cb spessartines I caught)

Almadines have been hard to catch before, my latest one was traded for two spessartine hatchies and it was caught on September 30th. I haven't seen them around since then, and spessartines seem to have become as rare as almadines now sad.gif

I agree on the rarity; my Almandines absolutely refuse to gender at 5d 12h with stats that would've gendered common dragons at 6d.

It's hard to tell, given the demand, but I believe the Almandine should be worth about an unbreedable, the Spessartine slightly less.

Yeah, both the Spessartine and Almandine have become pretty rare. Though I wonder if TJ exactly coded/programmed it that the Pyrope variant would actually drop more frequent than the rest? Pyropes seem to breed more like commons than the other 2 as well.

I had a lucky catch of a Spessartine 2 days ago, but I haven't seen many more.

Oh, is an offer of 2 CB red hatchies on a 4g tinsel good or not? I keep doubting whether to accept or not. xd.png

Oh, is an offer of 2 CB red hatchies on a 4g tinsel good or not? I keep doubting whether to accept or not. xd.png

It's alright, but you can probably get more than two if you wait. I've gotten four CB Red hatchlings for a 5th gen Tinsel from a common line before.

What kind of offers should I be getting for a 2014 4th gen like this?

My post seems to have gotten lost :x

I ended up trading that particular egg for a CB silver, which I'm happy with, but I'm curious what else I could have traded it for.

My post seems to have gotten lost :x

I ended up trading that particular egg for a CB silver, which I'm happy with, but I'm curious what else I could have traded it for.

I think you got extremely lucky because first of all thats not a 2014 line, and most 4th gens really dont trade for CB silvers, you are lucky to get a CB Copper for them

Edited by djengis

I think you got extremely lucky because first of all thats not a 2014 line, and most 4th gens really dont trade for CB silvers, you are lucky to get a CB Copper for them

It is a 2014 line because the 2nd gen was born in 2014 and is the only shiny from that pairing..... right?

Edited by lluvia

It is a 2014 line because the 2nd gen was born in 2014 and is the only shiny from that pairing..... right?

No, the CB has to be from 2014 wink.gif

No, the CB has to be from 2014 wink.gif

Wait, really? O_o

In that case, shouldn't people be asking for 2014 CBs instead of 2014 lines? I would think lines implies pairing, right? O_o

Wait, really? O_o

In that case, shouldn't people be asking for 2014 CBs instead of 2014 lines? I would think lines implies pairing, right? O_o

Not really. "2014 line" means a lineage that's descended from a CB Tinsel/Shimmer that was born in 2014. For example if the CB tinsel is from 2011 but the first pairing was born in 2014 it would make that lineage rare, and valuable for that reason, but it still wouldn't be a 2014 line, nobody would bother to look at the 2nd gens' birthdays anyways. Imo, people want and like different and new progenitors more than they do new pairings.

Edited by dhorne

Wait, really? O_o

They dont look at when the 2nd gen was laid, they look at the CB

Quick question. Would this lineage be worth anything, or no? I figure it wouldn't since it'd be hard to continue the lineage, but I'd like to get another opinion on it.

What could I trade a CB Thunder for, except other cb trios?

I'm trying to trade one and I though what I'm asking for was fair, but I didn't get a single bite in more then 2 days so probably I'm doing something wrong unsure.gif

@ Absyrtus: I agree, it's probably not worth much. Not only because it's hard to continue, but also because it looks like there is no clear pattern. I see that the upper branch is a Dorkface line and the lower one a Thuwed one, but people generally prefer symmetric patterns.

ETA to clarify: I was talking about the breeds in the lineage, people prefer if there are not too many different breeds mixed together. But arrow lineages are generally hard to trade, breeding a mirror to the Dorkface branch wouldn't change much.

@ Iside: I think it's just what you're asking for - alpine pyralspites are more or less extinct at the moment and everyone is looking for them, a thunder might not be enough to get one. A 2nd gen alt black or vine is a fair trade for a cb thunder in my opinion, but it's hard to find such a trade because not many people will happen to have one at hand when they see your trade.

Oh, and for whatever reason people seem to be driven away when you ask for "messy hatchies" - for me it was easier to get offers when I asked for "any lineage" instead. Maybe some people think that they have to hunt down a very long and messy lineage if they read that? No idea, but I even had problems to get offers of common hatchies for freezing when I asked for "messy"...

Edited by Ha-Ki

@Ha-Ki

Thank you, I changed my signature with "any hatchling" instead of "messy"

I've a 6gen perfect spiral bronze Shimmer paired with Thunders. http://dragcave.net/lineage/dpnIB

Could I get a CB Nebula for it?

I'd take that trade, personally, if I had a CB nebula at the moment. But I also misclick a TON of them so take that for what it's worth. I doubt you'll have a problem though as CB nebulas are relatively easy to catch.

I feel like no one can even see my posts. XD I've offered PB EG Silvers, a 2G Silver, a 2G Copper from Silver, and a CB Copper. This is what I've been asking for:

A CB orange/blue Copper for the brown one and bloodswaps for the 2G's would be phenomenal. Other than that, just try me! Some things I am particularly interested in:

Mates for my metals and/or holidays

Low-gen Tinselfails

CB pygmies (all sub-breeds) with interesting codes

CB common hatchlings that I don't yet have two of each gender for (my scroll is sorted by breed)

Messy hatchlings of sprites I don't yet have frozen (again, my scroll is sorted by breed)

I am absolutely not interested in long-lined Tinsels or Shimmers, Shimmerfails, metals with holiday lineages, or unbreedables.
Am I being unfair? I don't know how I can go lower than that without practically giving them away. So far I've been forced to gift two PB Silvers and one grew up on my scroll while I was waiting for offers -- I had to release it since I already have two from that pairing and it just feels so wasteful!

Are Silvers/Coppers not rare anymore? Everything in the trading threads suggests they are but this is getting a little disheartening. I'm about to stop bothering to breed them. :\