Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Which would be the better offer to accept: A 2nd Gen Silver x Cavern Lurker, or a 3rd Gen Silver x Stripe checker?

Which would be the better offer to accept: A 2nd Gen Silver x Cavern Lurker, or a 3rd Gen Silver x Stripe checker?

They sound about equal to me. :3 I'd take the Silver/CL, just because I like those colors better. But I don't think one has much less trading value than another.

Those are pretty dang equal, IMO. I would choose based off of which you think you can continue, assuming you want them for lineage purposes.

I do value checkers pretty highly (and I imagine it'd be difficult getting a Silver from a Stripe), so I might be putting the 3rd gen on a little bit of a pedestal. 2g Silvers are usually worth a little more.

But I don't think either one really outshines the other. They both sound like good offers. ^^

From an objective (?) standpoint, you should choose subjectively. Trading value for those could be debated based on generation, lineage, breeding difficulty--I think a poll, if created, would be just about equal regarding which is more valuable.

tl;dr: In my opinion, they're equally good offers. I would choose one based on what you want to do with lineages, breeding, collecting, etc.; I think they'd each fetch about the same on the trading market.

Thoughts? Still haven't had any feedback on this. Is the third gen worth a CB metal or CB ND?

Second question:

Is a third gen from Penk x shadow worth a CB metal or ND?

Maybe but very unlikely you'll find someone willing to offer that. The second gen is though.

Three questions in a week, whoops.

Does anyone know if there are any CB Geodes out there apart from TJ's? I know that it's possible to pick them as an honorable mention from the raffles. Assuming that I could find one, and the owner is active and up to trading, what might be expected for a 2nd or 3rd Gen from them?

Edited by 11th

Three questions in a week, whoops.

Does anyone know if there are any CB Geodes out there apart from TJ's? I know that it's possible to pick them as an honorable mention from the raffles.

I cannot say they do not exist, but I have never seen one in any lineage anywhere except for the Thuwed, nor have I even heard the rumor of one. And I collect PB Geodes from Stone base, so I have inspected many a Geode lineage. If there is one out there, it is safe to assume its owner is not breeding/trading.

hi!! i was wondering what breeds are popular haggling tools in trades...? i used to know them a few months ago but they seemed to have changed!

are CB blacks worth much anymore? it seems CB seasonals are still popular. i also thought that CB thunders weren't popular anymore but they seem to be now? what about the other CB elementals

also i see a lot of people commonly asking for low gen shimmers + tinsels. are they actually common or is it like people asking for CB golds + silvers all the time???

Edited by Matmetchi

hi!! i was wondering what breeds are popular haggling tools in trades...? i used to know them a few months ago but they seemed to have changed!

are CB blacks worth much anymore? it seems CB seasonals are still popular. i also thought that CB thunders weren't popular anymore but they seem to be now? what about the other CB elementals

also i see a lot of people commonly asking for low gen shimmers + tinsels. are they actually common or is it like people asking for CB golds + silvers all the time???

CB Black hatchies might be a good sweetener now if offered along with something more valuable, but they're way more available now so they don't command anything like the kinds of prices they did at the height of their scarcity.

CB Seasonals hit an epic drought a couple of years ago (The Spring That Wasn't) and while they're more available now, they still take a bit of searching for and they're a popular breed so they trade well.

With the GoN limit being increased to 3 and GoNs now being able to breed the Avatars, Trios have regained some value, especially Trio sets because summoning success is now linked to the number of complete Trio sets on a scroll.

Re low-gen Prizes: It's a bit of both, really. There are more CB Prizes in the system now so that necessarily has an effect on the potential number of available 2Gs and higher. But you see people asking for 2-3G Prizes on almost *every*thing, probably just in case a Prize owner happens to be passing and decides they absolutely must have a new Cheese dragon. rolleyes.gif I remember it being just the same with CB metals before we ever had Prizes, though I wasn't really into trading back then.

This have probably been asked and answered before, but how much is a CB thunder worth these days? smile.gif

With the GoN limit being increased to 3 and GoNs now being able to breed the Avatars, Trios have regained some value, especially Trio sets because summoning success is now linked to the number of complete Trio sets on a scroll.

Re low-gen Prizes: It's a bit of both, really. There are more CB Prizes in the system now so that necessarily has an effect on the potential number of available 2Gs and higher. But you see people asking for 2-3G Prizes on almost *every*thing, probably just in case a Prize owner happens to be passing and decides they absolutely must have a new Cheese dragon. rolleyes.gif I remember it being just the same with CB metals before we ever had Prizes, though I wasn't really into trading back then.

aw dang, i didn't know they were linked to the number of complete sets!! cool little tidbits, thanks!

and okay, that's what i thought. i know i see CB metals + prizes and NDs being asked for uncommon-rare all the time.

could i also ask what gens are seen as good for metals and prizes? for metals i see most people asking for 2g' + CB and nothing else and for prizes 2G-3G

What would I need to offer to get a CB Golden Wyvern? And what about a CB Royal Blue?

And what would I be able to get for this Thuwed?

Don't know about what you'd need to offer, unfortunately, but I do know that royal blues are more common than golden wyverns.

That Thuwed could get nice things from some people, but many would be disinterested in it because it is a turpentine, so you can't make the traditional style stairstep with it.

Don't know about what you'd need to offer, unfortunately, but I do know that royal blues are more common than golden wyverns.

That Thuwed could get nice things from some people, but many would be disinterested in it because it is a turpentine, so you can't make the traditional style stairstep with it.

?

Why can't you ? Turps breed with golds.

What would I need to offer to get a CB Golden Wyvern? And what about a CB Royal Blue?

And what would I be able to get for this Thuwed?

as far as i can tell, most thuwed breeders like even gens more than stairs.

since it's a stair fail as well, i would not expect that much for it.

What would fetch a higher price in the market, this or this?

And what could I reasonably ask for a 3G offspring of a HM prize? CB Coppers or CB Almandines/Spessartines?

Thanks!

I don't think 2 CB Thunders can get you a 3G Prize or Copper. Thunders are easiest to catch of the Trios. A complete CB Trio set is normally the value of a CB Copper, I'd say.

Is it at all possible to get gender- or bloodswaps anymore? I'm trying to get a 3g Avatar bloodswap to continue my checker but no offers at all.

And I'm not having any luck genderswapping my yellow undine either. sad.gif

@OtomeKristinOtaku

People usually ask for prize swap or cb golds / silvers for their 3rd gen prize. I don't think it is possible to get one for 2 cb thunders.

@Sany

The problem with bloodswaps like the one with your avatar is that you must find someone working on that lineage AND whose dragons produced the right egg at the right time.

With such lineages I have much luck pointing at the red line in my signature (so that if the other person's dragons don't produce an egg this time they can try again next week) or asking for 2nd gens

@Valeth

Personally I'd value more 6fAJa for the colors, but don't think one would have a much higher price than the other.

This Christmas I would like to get a Holly dragon with nice lineage - for me nice means any generation with not really messy lineage (for example - for me this is messy - but this, this, this, this or this is not messy - I think they're nice lineages).

What offer would be reasonable for nice lineaged Holly (for example 7G stair lineage)?

I can breed 2G christmas dragons from most other years for it - would it be a good offer, and if yes, how many eggs for one Holly would be good?

Do I have a chance to find that kind of Holly? I know finding 2G Holly is very hard, but how could be with nice lineage from further generation?

EDIT:

Thank you for your answer car340 smile.gif

There's so many nice people on DC which helped me with it. Thank you so much everyone smile.gif

Edited by biruko

This Christmas I would like to get a Holly dragon with nice lineage - for me nice means any generation with not really messy lineage (for example - for me this is messy - but this, this, this, this or this is not messy - I think they're nice lineages).

What offer would be reasonable for nice lineaged Holly (for example 7G stair lineage)?

I can breed 2G christmas dragons from most other years for it - would it be a good offer, and if yes, how many eggs for one Holly would be good?

Do I have a chance to find that kind of Holly? I know finding 2G Holly is very hard, but how could be with nice lineage from further generation?

If you're REALLY lucky, you might find someone offering a 3rd gen even for a few last-minute mates, or you might be out of luck and have to offer all of your dragons' offspring and not get any bites besides huge messy tornadoes.

Holly dragons are rare in general, I've seen people offer multiple CB Golds/Silvers for a 2nd gen Holly [iOU] and having no offers.

So, your options are: be really good at sniping (from the AP or the cave for, y'know, trading fodder) or just offer your Christmas dragons and pray that someone needs some mates in exchange for a Holly.

or just hope that someone randomly gifts you one

What would be reasonable for a 2nd gen female Black Alt (or female-influenced) from M Black x F Gold? (I don't have one atm, so looking for one is why)

And how much for a normal Black (female/female influenced) of the same lineage? (looking for one of these too)

What would be reasonable for a 2nd gen female Black Alt (or female-influenced) from M Black x F Gold? (I don't have one atm, so looking for one is why)

And how much for a normal Black (female/female influenced) of the same lineage? (looking for one of these too)

To get an alt with that lineage would probably be quite hard and expensive.

If I were you I'd try looking for 2nd gen black eggs from male black and try the alt lottery by hatching them myself.

Since they would be seen as metal fails you will probably be able to get them for few BSA hatchlings, or even as gifts (personally I release most of my 2nd gen metal fails in departure thread or just drop them in the AP for example).

1-2 cb coppers, depending on the color - I'm currently working on an IOU for a male alt from gold mother, and that's what I got (though I think 2 was a very good trade). I also once got a cb red copper for a 2nd gen pb vine, so I think a brown or red cb copper is about what 2nd gen alts from specific lineages are worth, 2 if you're lucky.