Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I've been having no offers whatsoever on tan ridgewings and red dorsals lately. Does no one want these anymore?

Oh, and same for cb vampires..It seems all people want now is CB trio, coppers and metals sad.gif

in my experience, demand has never been higher than an uncommon/unbreedable or medium gen prize for a red dorsal or tan ridgewing, so it could be what your asking for them, or it could be that people are preparing for Halloween and focused on trading for the Sept release (given how the orange and pink ones are dry.gif )

and personally i've only been able to get common blocker hatchies for a vamp.

people want trio's more now because of the 2nd GoN summon and TJ altering the summon success rate. Coppers and Metals are just the rare ones in cave now, demand will always be high for those .... even though coppers were supposed to be uncommon and not rare dry.gif

Haven't performed such trades for a while, how easy/difficult is it to find 3rd gen Prize swaps right now? Do people mostly want 2014 lines and, among those, are Bronze Prizes sought after or only Silver/Gold ones are wanted?

Been trying to trade this guy here (linked to a bigger image):

user posted image

"2014 line" and all. In my trade I have a bunch of options that are unlikely to happen, but the very first one is a 3rd gen Bronze Tinsel or Silver Shimmer from female line, regardless of the year or "rarity", I'd just like something pretty, plus I accept IOUs. I also state that people are welcome to offer other 3rd gens instead if they want, and I'll make my decision right upon noticing the offer.

I am yet to receive a single offer, of anything. Also originally when I bred it I offered it on a trade with a non-2014 Prize where a 2014 Prize x non-Holiday was auto and it wasn't accepted (I understand there may have been another 2014 offer which the trader liked better, but still).

What is the problem about that Tinsel? Is it the combination that doesn't catch one's eye or it being a Bronze Tinsel, or is there no problem with this particular one and it's just been difficult to swap lines lately?

Back when I was into the whole thing I rarely faced such lack of interest - was to be expected when I asked for very difficult options, but some 3rd gen swap? Huh.

Would appreciate some help. :3 Thanks in advance!

exactly how many 3G tins/shimmers would be a good trade for a single 2G? i mean everyone seems to turn their noses up at anything thats not a cb silver/gold or a swap so provided someone would even consider such an offer what would be a good amount?

exactly how many 3G tins/shimmers would be a good trade for a single 2G? i mean everyone seems to turn their noses up at anything thats not a cb silver/gold or a swap so provided someone would even consider such an offer what would be a good amount?

I've traded 6:1 twice. =)

Not sure what would be a "fair" amount, every CB owner has a different idea on the value of 2nd gens, but I figured I'd share my experience.

Also, about CB Silvers/Golds, you wouldn't imagine how quickly owners seem to get tired of those, if they considered them at the beginning at all that is. xd.png It's rather difficult to successfully find trades for these no matter how many you've got, unless the person still needs a bunch for their goals or is into collecting them.

Haven't performed such trades for a while, how easy/difficult is it to find 3rd gen Prize swaps right now? Do people mostly want 2014 lines and, among those, are Bronze Prizes sought after or only Silver/Gold ones are wanted?

Been trying to trade this guy here (linked to a bigger image):

user posted image

"2014 line" and all. In my trade I have a bunch of options that are unlikely to happen, but the very first one is a 3rd gen Bronze Tinsel or Silver Shimmer from female line, regardless of the year or "rarity", I'd just like something pretty, plus I accept IOUs. I also state that people are welcome to offer other 3rd gens instead if they want, and I'll make my decision right upon noticing the offer.

I am yet to receive a single offer, of anything. Also originally when I bred it I offered it on a trade with a non-2014 Prize where a 2014 Prize x non-Holiday was auto and it wasn't accepted (I understand there may have been another 2014 offer which the trader liked better, but still).

What is the problem about that Tinsel? Is it the combination that doesn't catch one's eye or it being a Bronze Tinsel, or is there no problem with this particular one and it's just been difficult to swap lines lately?

Back when I was into the whole thing I rarely faced such lack of interest - was to be expected when I asked for very difficult options, but some 3rd gen swap? Huh.

Would appreciate some help. :3 Thanks in advance!

The problem here may be that it's bronze and a tinsel, yes smile.gif

If you're looking for 3rd gens, I find that CB golds usually work quite well. Otherwise, look for people who state in their signatures that they accept prize swaps and PM them directly.

Like ZzelaBusya said, it solely depends on the CB owner's own perception of the value of 2gens and not usually on the market value we put on 2gen prizes.

I've managed to seal a trade of one 3rd gen plus some hatchlings for a 2gen prize and another time just some bred common dragons for their lineage projects.

Edited by suskekun222

I'd say 4 is fair, but from different lines, different mates. I can confidentially tell you that you do not need a CB Silver/CB Gold to trade with CB owners. I have gotten 3 out of my 4 YenLi lines for free (well to be honest, I paid 6x CB Metals + 2 CB Neglecteds for the first, but I only paid that much because it was a friend LOL) and there's only 7x 2g's from YenLi. xd.png I also got this one from Kegluneq's owner for 12x CB Trios + 3x Blusangs + 3g Gold x SnowAngel alt checker: http://dragcave.net/lineage/bKctn

So I offered an Almandine (as requested) on a 3rd gen Gold 2 days ago ... The trade is still up (including my offer) and has been reposted, too. Both eggs are almost 4d. What do? unsure.gif How do I tell if they are really *still* considering or just enjoying the sight of "x offers" in their teleport list?

So I offered an Almandine (as requested) on a 3rd gen Gold 2 days ago ... The trade is still up (including my offer) and has been reposted, too. Both eggs are almost 4d. What do? unsure.gif How do I tell if they are really *still* considering or just enjoying the sight of "x offers" in their teleport list?

I'm having this exact same problem lately. I offered a few hatchlings for a CB Silver egg, and the offer sat for 48+ hours before the egg hatched. And, I had another offer of hatchlings that was up for 48 hours that just ended a few minutes ago because my now low-time hatchlings got view-bombed. I'd say after about 36 hours you should probably just decline. It's better to just decline than miss a bunch of other trades, or have dragons you don't want grow up on your scroll.

I'm having this exact same problem lately. I offered a few hatchlings for a CB Silver egg, and the offer sat for 48+ hours before the egg hatched. And, I had another offer of hatchlings that was up for 48 hours that just ended a few minutes ago because my now low-time hatchlings got view-bombed. I'd say after about 36 hours you should probably just decline. It's better to just decline than miss a bunch of other trades, or have dragons you don't want grow up on your scroll.

Well, they reposted their trade AGAIN without declining or accepting. I cancelled now, I suspect that someone else will appreciate an instahatchable Almandine ...

I've seen and caught more Golden Wyverns than I've seen Silvers/Coppers. But I've caught more silvers and coppers than I've seen a Blusang/Alpine and coast pyrals. xd.png IDK though, it seems that trio eggs are even more common than Blusangs.

Trio eggs are definitely more common than Blusangs...At least Magmas are. Magmas have become so common I'm not even picking them up anymore. Thunders are also seeming pretty common, they drop pretty darn often. Only one I haven't seen in a while are CB Ice dragons, but I rarely hunt in the Alpine since there are always so many people. I think Silvers and Green Coppers are more rare than Blusangs though, even though I've seen a ton of Silvers, at least 5 in the past two days.

EDIT;; In fact, I just caught yet another CB Silver. I think CB Silvers are probably going down in their rarity.

Edited by Absyrtus

I cancel mine after 24 hours, sometimes even less hours.

Ive had my offers sit and rot for 48 hours a few times and would rather offer on something else then let m sit there and hatch or grow up. I think 24 hours is enough Time to decide wether they want mine or not, there is such a thing as a decline button.

As to question posed earlier, I have found ALL my tinsels to be virtually untradeable anymore. Even from my Penk 2nd gen and a couple others that had mates not bred with until later years. I think the market is just plain saturated and people are over them now.

I just got my offer accepted after about one day at half, but this was a special case because I didn't have time and will to look for other trades for my egg.

Usually if an offer is not accepted or declined after 24 hours I cancel it, especially if in the meantime they repost they trade: if you had time to repost the trade you surely had time to see the offers too, and 24 hours are far enough to decide if you like an offer or not.

Also I avoid trading with people who write "I may need two or more days to decide on an offer" and such. Sorry but my dragons have better to do then rot on an offer page for two days and then be declined.

As to question posed earlier, I have found ALL my tinsels to be virtually untradeable anymore.  Even from my Penk 2nd gen and a couple others that had mates not bred with until later years.  I think the market is just plain saturated and people are over them now.

I think you're right about this. sad.gif It's nearly impossible even finding a swap.

@prpldrgnfr: See, that's actually a hen/egg issue. Rather often, you need to be able to swap in order to get certain lineages. In order to get new lineages, you already need to *have* new lineages. So basically, if you're interested in them, you need to already have some to start with - or CB metallics to pay the CB Prize owners. (That's just my random observation from random trade thread browsing; I'm not a regular there ...)

I don't think a CB Chicken is worth a CB Gold, but maybe someone has more luck catching metallics than catching poultry ...

CB Pink and Red hatchies are always in demand; CB Magi hatchies not quite so much for their BSA, more for breeding projects, I think, since Magics only have a 2-day cooldown.

Also, BSAs are always useful. Unbreedables like Chickens and Dinos are only good for hoarding, basically.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

@prpldrgnfr: See, that's actually a hen/egg issue. Rather often, you need to be able to swap in order to get certain lineages. In order to get new lineages, you already need to *have* new lineages. So basically, if you're interested in them, you need to already have some to start with - or CB metallics to pay the CB Prize owners. (That's just my random observation from random trade thread browsing; I'm not a regular there ...)

I don't think a CB Chicken is worth a CB Gold, but maybe someone has more luck catching metallics than catching poultry ...

CB Pink and Red hatchies are always in demand; CB Magi hatchies not quite so much for their BSA, more for breeding projects, I think, since Magics only have a 2-day cooldown.

Also, BSAs are always useful. Unbreedables like Chickens and Dinos are only good for hoarding, basically.

Agreed, on the chicken/egg thing. smile.gif Just going by the trade threads, people with low-gen tinsels tend to only want either other low-gens or CB metals. Both of these dragons are mostly available from relatively small subgroups (expert catchers or low-gen prize owners) who by this point may very well have everything they need, similarly to how CB prize owners really don't want any more metals, for the most part. There certainly are people out there who would still trade for tinsels...the demands' maybe just died down amongst the people who can do 2 or 3G prize swaps or offer 5+ CB metals for a trade. I don't know for sure how things are in that group, as the highest I've ever traded was 1 CB metal at a time where I'm pretty sure 3G tinsels still trade well.

As for golds, no they do not trade for chickens. Golds in general are the most expensive CB and the only thing they might trade one-to-one with is a silver and even that's not really a fair swap. Typically golds go for either a 3G prize or a combination of other CB eggs (such as a silver and a copper). Sometimes you may get lucky and find someone needing a holiday breeding or a bunch of hatchies, but they're generally very hard to trade for and you'll probably have better luck just hunting for one yourself (they're rare, but I've seen 2 in the past few weeks and I don't hunt terribly much. If you're having trouble, try the middle biomes which tend to be less crowded).

BSA hatchies always trade well but they're trading a bit better this week due to the upcoming holiday. They're also getting snatched up from the AP a lot faster. This week I've caught a gold, a silver and a magma but missed every pink I've seen over the course of my AP stalking. xd.png But unbreedables trade for BSA hatchies fairly often.

Edited by Ponie

As to question posed earlier, I have found ALL my tinsels to be virtually untradeable anymore. Even from my Penk 2nd gen and a couple others that had mates not bred with until later years. I think the market is just plain saturated and people are over them now.

Most people cant breed 3rd gens to swap wink.gif

I cant, as much as i would like too, I have to trade for them.

My 4th gens still trade reasonably good, but i give them a lot of options as of what i want, and I hardly ever get offered a prize swap I am interested in or dont already own, usually I get offered CB Coppers and 2nd gen metals, and a lot of hatchie IOU's.

What did new Halloween eggs go for last year? Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to start gathering IOU's in advance, and I would like to have 4 pairs whilst only having 7 egg slots to fill come Friday >.< The new eggs are bound to be offered for trade but I bet they are expensive?

Edited by Mirhana

What did new Halloween eggs go for last year? Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to start gathering IOU's in advance, and I would like to have 4 pairs whilst only having 7 egg slots to fill come Friday >.< The new eggs are bound to be offered for trade but I bet they are expensive?

I know someone was able to get 70+ Shadow Walkers by trading in 2011. The departures thread will definitely have lots of gifting going on as well. I think you will be okay. You will need to be willing to breed nice things and possibly catch a bit, but you should be able to get just one egg pretty easily. smile.gif

I just managed to catch a Blusang in the cave.

Since I don't really need, I want to put it up for trade.

Any suggestions on what it might be worth?

Is a CB Red Dorsal enough to get a new Halloween egg/hatchie? (Can't try yet since it's on cooldown.)

My egg slots will only free up very slowly today and I don't know if I have to use the next one for more cave hunting...

Edited by Confused Cat

Can I get 2 New Halloween hatchies for 1 4th gen. Gold Shimmerscale which is 2014 lineage and already at 3 days and 23 hours so it can already be hatched?. It seems I cannot even get 1 offer while everyone else keeps getting them. Does no one like the lineage I am offering or is everyone else's trade more better than mine?

Also how many New Halloween hatchies can I get for a CB Silver ?

Edited by lollipop00

I just managed to catch a Blusang in the cave.

Since I don't really need, I want to put it up for trade.

Any suggestions on what it might be worth?

Other cb uncommons! Nhiostrifes, autumns, gilded bloodscales, opals, etc.

Is a CB Red Dorsal enough to get a new Halloween egg/hatchie? (Can't try yet since it's on cooldown.)

My egg slots will only free up very slowly today and I don't know if I have to use the next one for more cave hunting...

I don't think so, personally, because it's already been a whole day and a half since they stopped dropping and a lot of people have limited eggs they could have held. You could try, though. sad.gif CB metals or unbreedables (or low-gen prizes) might be a better bet. Or the red dorsal + something else for one. Good luck!

Can I get 2 New Halloween hatchies for 1 4th gen. Gold Shimmerscale which is 2014 lineage and already at 3 days and 23 hours so it can already be hatched?. It seems I cannot even get 1 offer while everyone else keeps getting them. Does no one like the lineage I am offering or is everyone else's trade more better than mine?

Also how many New Halloween hatchies can I get for a CB Silver ?

I think you could get one, at least, for the 2014 4th gen. Two is a maybe, but is definitely possible because your egg is ER-able.

You could probably get one or two new halloweens or so for a CB silver.

If you want to compare - I traded 1 2014 halloween for a 3rd gen 2014 tinsel, and would have traded for another who told me they would have accepted that for their 3rd gen 2014 tinsel as well had I had more new Halloweens that I wanted to trade.

I also found a 2nd gen prize who was going for 4-6 new Halloweens, but since 2nd gen prizes are so in demand, that was a lucky offer from the owner (who had missed the release) and definitely not something you could normally find.

Edited by lluvia