Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I feel like no one can even see my posts. xd.png I've offered PB EG Silvers, a 2G Silver, a 2G Copper from Silver, and a CB Copper. This is what I've been asking for:Am I being unfair? I don't know how I can go lower than that without practically giving them away. So far I've been forced to gift two PB Silvers and one grew up on my scroll while I was waiting for offers -- I had to release it since I already have two from that pairing and it just feels so wasteful!

Are Silvers/Coppers not rare anymore? Everything in the trading threads suggests they are but this is getting a little disheartening. I'm about to stop bothering to breed them. :\

No one is going to swap a CB red or green copper for a Brown unless they need a Brown, Brown Coppers are worth the least of the 3 wink.gif ive seen people offer 3 browns to get a green and have no offers at al.

2nd gen Coppers are not worth very much at all.

As for the common CB hatchies and messy hatchies you're asking for, and I'm speaking just for myself, i'm not going to go trough someones scroll to see what they are missing wink.gif maybe be clear and post what you are looking for. I dont think you are asking unreasonable things, maybe just be more specific with what hatchies you are looking for.

I'm missing so many because I went on hiatus for a little over a year. If I listed them all, the post would be huge and I feel like it's long enough already. I don't want to discourage people from reading it. I'll try making a list in a doc and linking to it, but I sincerely doubt anyone's going to take the time to look at that, either.

I am aware that the browns are worth the least, which is why I mentioned them in passing before writing a heavy list of other things I'd accept for it.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm missing so many because I went on hiatus for a little over a year. If I listed them all, the post would be huge and I feel like it's long enough already. I don't want to discourage people from reading it. I'll try making a list in a doc and linking to it, but I sincerely doubt anyone's going to take the time to look at that, either.

I am aware that the browns are worth the least, which is why I mentioned them in passing before writing a heavy list of other things I'd accept for it.

Thanks for your reply.

If someone is interested in what you have to offer they Will go and read your document, or wishlist.

You could also note down in your profile and direct people there.

It might get you more offers if people know specificly what you are looking for. Or just State Any hatchies messy or CB from this past year.

Also its coming close to Halloween , people are clearing their Scrolls, collecting hatchies for zombie Fodder so trading Will probably be a little slow this coming week.

Slow I'd understand, but with five Silvers, two Golds, and this Copper I've only received three offers. I ended up trading a 4G Gold hatchling from a stair for a messy Nebula hatchling just because I wanted her off my scroll before she grew up. The rest I've either AP'd, gifted, or released after they matured.

When I used to play actively, I'd always have a lot of offers on 2G Silvers. I haven't received a single one on my current 2G Silver. It'll be hatching soon and I'm beginning to think it's not even worth setting up another teleport for it.

Thanks for your help, though. I'm making the document now. I guess we'll see what happens.

Edited by Chanilove

I'm a very impatient trader lol, whats not gone in 24 hours I usually gift or drop in departures. Or go trough trading threads and look for something I like and offer on it myself. Usually that works even better for me.

You really should be able to trade that Copper for hatchies,

I trade Coppers a lot, and when i want hatchies for them, I Will ask for pm's, because people might not have what I am looking for right away. So I end up doing a lot of IOU's.

Edited by djengis

I have a hard time finding the things I want through others. I haven't seen anyone with a set of hatchlings up for trade or anyone with mates for my metals/holidays. Since they're from specific lineages, I don't expect to just happen upon someone with one or more of those. People don't usually keep Tinselfails to trade, either, or look for codes on pygmies.

I do ask for PM's and poke my signature, but no bites so far. T_T It's just so frustrating! I don't like keeping offspring from my dragons on my scroll because I'm afraid I'll accidentally inbreed and it's so difficult finding someone I trust to name them to gift them to.

I'm going to try this doc. If I still can't get any trades, I guess I'll just stop breeding/trading altogether and just focus on finishing up some lineages. :(

Thanks for all your responses.

Before I went on hiatus, I put a couple requests in at the EG and Metal Maniacs threads. I never received much help. I'll try again, though. It can't hurt and I'm desperate to find mates for all these darn lonely dragons of mine, even if I'll never be able to trade their offspring off. XD

Thanks again for all your help!

I've got two 2G PB Almandine Pyralspites from nicely named and themed lineages and I'm not sure what I should be asking for. I've seen people offering to trade CB Coppers and CB Blusangs for CB Almandines but I don't know what 2G PBs are worth. What do you think I could get for each of them separately and what do you think I could get if I combined them as one offer?

Almandine One.

Almandine Two.

I'm a very unpatient trader lol, whats not gone in 24 hours I usually gift or drop in departures. Or go trough trading threads and look for something I like and offer on it myself. Usually that works even better for me.

I am impatient too. I have found it very frustrating to put an offer on something just posted, even exactly what they asked for, only to have them hold it in limbo for a day or two, and end up not taking offer.

Personally, I feel if you put up a trade and don't really have time to peek at offers over the next few hours, then maybe one should wait til they do have that time.

Therefore, I have made a new policy to delete my offer or trade post if I get no answer or offer on my own, after 12 hours

As to whether a shimmer is 2014 or 2013, I don't really care who the originating parent is, I go by what I like, and if they have a nice named line, etc. Maybe I have overpaid for some 2013's lately, but I do because I like them. Also, it has only been lately that I could afford a 4th gen stair, or maybe even a 3rd gen, without costing me an arm and a leg.

My only 2nd gen is from 2013, but I own the only second gen of that particular pair, and it is a line so hard to breed, that I have only gotten 5 shimmers in two years, so I consider that to be still worth at least as much as the 2014's, especially since some 2014 parings have been way more prolific

I am impatient too. I have found it very frustrating to put an offer on something just posted, even exactly what they asked for, only to have them hold it in limbo for a day or two, and end up not taking offer.

Personally, I feel if you put up a trade and don't really have time to peek at offers over the next few hours, then maybe one should wait til they do have that time.

Therefore, I have made a new policy to delete my offer or trade post if I get no answer or offer on my own, after 12 hours

Thats what I do too.

I've had offers sit for 48 hours and be declined, so the longest I will wait is 12- 24 hours, and even less if i see something else I like.

I've got two 2G PB Almandine Pyralspites from nicely named and themed lineages and I'm not sure what I should be asking for. I've seen people offering to trade CB Coppers and CB Blusangs for CB Almandines but I don't know what 2G PBs are worth. What do you think I could get for each of them separately and what do you think I could get if I combined them as one offer?

Almandine One.

Almandine Two.

Well, number 2 also has a fun code so some people will give extra for that.

(As to the worth of 2nd gen pyralspites, I don't know. Sorry.)

That's a bit mean to the working populace. laugh.gif

I put it into my posts when I'm AFK (regrettably often more then twenty hours - sleep, then work), which I feel also works. I generally recommend that for courtesy purposes, but I don't think many people do it, since it deters some traders.

Which one is worth more, a CB Rainbow Copper or a CB Green Copper? I know CB Brown Coppers are worth the least out of the three but I'm not sure about the other two.

Edited by F.ury

Which one is worth more, a CB Rainbow Copper or a CB Green Copper? I know CB Brown Coppers are worth the least out of the three but I'm not sure about the other two.

Green Coppers are worth more. More people order them as follows: green > red >> brown.

Rainbow is the red one? It's blue > red > brown.

Totally ninja.gif 'd

Edited by Ha-Ki

what are the CB Pink and Orange Pyralspites going for?

i've been able to catch the Red ones in the Volcano with ease, but have been hunting for over an hour in the Coast and Alpine without even seeing a glimpse of these guys (reminds me of Coppers dry.gif so i'm not happy i missed this release *sigh*)

would i be able to trade a gendered pair of CB Red Pyralspites for a single CB Pink or Orange baby? what are they going 1:1 with? how easy have they been to catch since the release? are these two varieties supposed to be this rare?

i mean this long after the release i'd expect to have seen at least 1 per drop even if they get scooped up fast ya know

I've been trying to catch two more Almandines (the Alpine/pink variant) during the last few days. In that time I have seen 0 Almandines, 3 - 4 Ices, and 1 Silver.

So, from my experience, they are currently rare. I would estimate they are 1:1 with Green Coppers.

i've been able to catch the Red ones in the Volcano with ease, but have been hunting for over an hour in the Coast and Alpine without even seeing a glimpse of these guys (reminds me of Coppers dry.gif so i'm not happy i missed this release *sigh*)

would i be able to trade a gendered pair of CB Red Pyralspites for a single CB Pink or Orange baby? what are they going 1:1 with? how easy have they been to catch since the release? are these two varieties supposed to be this rare?

i mean this long after the release i'd expect to have seen at least 1 per drop even if they get scooped up fast ya know

I've been hunting the Alpine pretty hard recently, and I've caught more Golds and Coppers than Almandines. It's not that they've pulled a Copper and completely disappeared, but they are pretty hard to spot. :s

Pyrope Pyralspites (the red ones, Volcano) are practically cave-blockers at this point, whereas Spessartine Pyralspites (the orange ones, Coast) are uncommon, from my sighting experiences just under the level of a CB blusang (which have slowly been getting more common lately, so there's that), and Almandine Pyralspites (the pink ones, Alpine) are practically extinct.

There've been a lot of posts about it in this thread, though, so I'd recommend checking back a page or two for more information.

Almost everyone goes to the alpine first, and volcano last if they check for new releases - its the way our western brain usually works.

Its probably why rarities are like they are, with most eggs taken on release day from the alpine.

Almost everyone goes to the alpine first, and volcano last if they check for new releases - its the way our western brain usually works.

Its probably why rarities are like they are, with most eggs taken on release day from the alpine.

...which is why I try to buck that trend personally if there's something dropping in multiple threads! xd.png Or even biomes. rolleyes.gif

From what I remember TCA saying, she never even set a rarity for these guys. It;s possible that player demand/breeding is making Almandines/Spessartines artificially rare compared with the Pyrope variant, or it's possible that TJ decided to make them like Dorsals/Ridgewings, with the different variants having different rarities. But I'm not sure there's any good way to test this at this point when they're still so new.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I've been having no offers whatsoever on tan ridgewings and red dorsals lately. Does no one want these anymore?

Oh, and same for cb vampires..It seems all people want now is CB trio, coppers and metals sad.gif