Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I have a CB Male Rainbow Copper, maturing in a few hours and I got the following offers:

- 2 CB Seasonal Hatchies

- 1 CB Ice + 1 CB Tan Ridgewing Eggs

- 1 Chicken + 1 Paper Hatchlings

- 1 2nd gen female Ice from Snow angel + 2 CB Seasonals + 1 CB Greeen Opal

Which should I choose if any?

Edited by DragonLove234

I have a CB Male Rainbow Copper, maturing in a few hours and I got the following offers:

- 2 CB Seasonal Hatchies

- 1 CB Ice + 1 CB Tan Ridgewing Eggs

- 1 Chicken + 1 Paper Hatchlings

- 1 2nd gen female Ice from Snow angel + 2 CB Seasonals + 1 CB Greeen Opal

Which should I choose if any?

Personally I'd take either the Ice and Ridewing, the Chicken and Paper, or keep it. If you don't have an Ice, I'd recommend that one. If you don't have a Chicken/Paper or like unbreedables, that one might be good (it's probably the "rarest" offer). Then again, Rainbow Coppers are pretty rare... You could always keep it; it's got good breeding value and is a nice scroll addition.

At the moment I have a full CB Trio set, a CB Blusang, a CB Almandine, and a 3rd Gen Tinsel (stair).

What kinds of Holiday trades could I set up with this, if any?

Edited by 11th

My experience with past holidays : unless you are looking for a very specific lineage (i.e. a 4th-5th gen checkered with one of the oldest dragons) it is quite easy to get it.

And if you are looking for a very specific lineage the hard part is to find someone able to breed it and not to pay enough for it.

That said, if you aren't looking for something very specific the only Christmas dragon which would be Worth such trade imho is a low gen holly.

With a 3rd gen tinsel you can probably aim at a 3rd gen holly (given that people able to breed 2nd gen are probably going to trade them for 2nd gen prizes)

I'm a bit confused. Can you guys explain to me why someone would think that a 2nd Gen Alt-Undine is worth "2x CB Almadine/Spessartine"?

I'm a bit confused. Can you guys explain to me why someone would think that a 2nd Gen Alt-Undine is worth "2x CB Almadine/Spessartine"?

For the same reason someone you can see trades like have "cb almadine, want 2nd gen prize" or "have cb paper, want cb gold no other offers" : or people don't really know the market value of those eggs or they they want to try, just in case.

I don't think any of those trades are actually ever accepted.

are we allowed to offer IOU's of christmas dragon offspring on any of the threads before they're able to be bred...?

are we allowed to offer IOU's of christmas dragon offspring on any of the threads before they're able to be bred...?

No, IOUs are not officially allowed. So if you mean you want to post a trade with

HAVE: Xmas IOU

WANT: 3G Gold Egg

or whatever, then no.

You are allowed to PM people with trades already posted and see if they want to take an IOU for Xmas dragons.

You may also (in certain breeding threads, or via PM) arrange with a specific person to make a trade after breeding starts - this is not really an IOU as these are simply an agreement to make a normal 2 way trade later on. I think this tends to be used to swap different holiday lines more than anything but it is a useful way to get what you need as far as holidays or holiday mates go. I guess it could be used to get other things as well however.

Hopefully that answers your question.

No, you can't publicly state it on your post, but you can write a line in your signature that says, perhaps "I can breed Holly X Gold this Christmas, PM me to negotiate a trade". And then in your post, you can simply tell people to look at the line you have in your sig.

What would be worthy of a CB Silver? And how rare are Coppers, according to their color?

If you want to trade for the silver, I'll have to sadly say: You have very few options.

- a Neglected could fetch you multiple metals at once. (much more worth than a silver)

- a 3g shimmer could get you up to 2 cb silvers, depending on the line.

- in rare occasions, a 4g shimmer can fetch a silver too, but thats really unlikely.

- trade in for multiple cb coppers (especially green ones - 2:1 is not unheard of)

- trade in for a really big bunch of everything else.

- a 2g thuwed fetches also a lot more than a cb silver, a 3g is not worth a silver anymore, sadly.

What are CB blacks worth?

What about volcano pyralspites?

They're both rather common, so you can swap them for another common, or offer multiples of them on a trade if the other person states they will consider multiple cb commons (they should be hatchies then, it's unlikely you'll get a trade for multiple common eggs).

No, you can't publicly state it on your post, but you can write a line in your signature that says, perhaps "I can breed Holly X Gold this Christmas, PM me to negotiate a trade". And then in your post, you can simply tell people to look at the line you have in your sig.

this is helpful! i'll consider it for sure. thanks for your guys' help. biggrin.gif

i was also wondering which lines of shimmers and tinsels are rare...?

Edited by Matmetchi

i was also wondering which lines of shimmers and tinsels are rare...?

First of all, many people prefer 2014 lines (where the CB shimmers are from 2014). Also, those lines were the CB shimmer has produced few shimmers will be rarer than a line that is bred a lot, since this one will be seen more often. Another thing is rare pairings. Some things, like blusangs, are often paired with shimmers. Other things, like water walkers, are very rarely seen. These would be worth more to some people.

I just got my very first ever CB Gold egg (still in shock tbh) so I was wondering what exactly I would be able to get in exchange for it if I was looking to trade?

I just got my very first ever CB Gold egg (still in shock tbh) so I was wondering what exactly I would be able to get in exchange for it if I was looking to trade?

from me? a 3g shimmer. smile.gif

piece of advice though: don't trade it. if you can't get to metallics easily, all you can get from this will breed you nothing that can get you further cb metals.

2g metals from that gold, however, can get you most of the stuff you want, still. i've gotten cb coppers/blusangs/trios/specific avatars/multiple bred eggs for almost any 2g metal i ever offered.

@suskekun: i'd stay away from pyralspite trading for a while. they are currently on hiatus, or nearly so. so anything you pay now, is strictly speaking an overpay. Well, or you don't care that in 1-2 years time, they will cost you only a fraction. cb red copper vs almandine pyralspite ... an unlikely, but possible trade.

from me? a 3g shimmer. smile.gif

piece of advice though: don't trade it. if you can't get to metallics easily, all you can get from this will breed you nothing that can get you further cb metals.

2g metals from that gold, however, can get you most of the stuff you want, still. i've gotten cb coppers/blusangs/trios/specific avatars/multiple bred eggs for almost any 2g metal i ever offered.

Ahh, thank you for the advice! ;u; All of that is really good to know-- I think I'm gonna go ahead and keep it then. laugh.gif

Question.

What are second gen Christmases worth?

I guess that depends on the type of chrismas dragon:

A 2nd gen Holly is worth a lot, while the more recent christmas dragons are still worth something nice, but not extremely much.

And you also have to consider the breed of the breeding partner wink.gif

I guess that depends on the type of chrismas dragon:

A 2nd gen Holly is worth a lot, while the more recent christmas dragons are still worth something nice, but not extremely much.

And you also have to consider the breed of the breeding partner wink.gif

Well, I was thinking of...

Mating my CB white winged snow angel to my male CB gold. ( Because I find that combo GORGEOUS, more than any other reason)

The ribbon dancer... I would allow choice of mate on.

Edited by Silverswift

Question.

What are second gen Christmases worth?

One to several cb metals if it's a 2nd gen Holly, a 2nd gen from spriter's alt or a prizekin. A swap for another Christmas egg or a couple of hatchies if it's something else. If you're not looking for something very specific, I'd recommend AP hunting, 2nd gen Christmas eggs are not hard to find (except for Hollies). Ok, forget that part, I thought you were looking for a 2nd gen Christmas

In my experience, pretty higher gen Christmas checkers can go for more in trades than 2nd gens. Last year when the limits on Christmas dragons were removed, I traded some nice checkers for messy Christmas hatchies for freezing, which worked quite well. One was a 4th gen ribbon dancer x gold checker, if I recall correctly. Such things stand out more in trades than 2nd gens (which everyone is offering), so it's easier to get offers.

Edit: lol, totally ninja.gif'd

Edited by Ha-Ki

In other words, what I am thinking of isn't worth that much... That is a Shame.

Well, even if not, they will still be pretty when someone finds them on the AP, I guess.

Edited by Silverswift