Dr. Paine

Description comments

Why do I feel that Dimar wrote that?

And to explain the description: I was trying out something new where they love each other but can't. I like writing romance thingies, deal with it.

Dimar would have signed it if she had! smile.gif *forgot to sign*

Edited by Lagie

When this Guardian hatched from his egg, the first thing he noticed was the aroma of freshly cooked haggis filling his nostrils. Following his nose he discovered the kitchen of Mirhana's cottage and found another Guardian hatchie using her tail as a spoon to get to the contents of the cooking pots. Soon he began to imitate her, and when their owner returned home later that afternoon it was only to find the two knock-out on her kitchen floor with bellies as thick as balloons.

As he grew older, he constantly pestered his owner to cook haggis or asked her how to make the dish himself. Unfortunately she would only disclose the recipe if he could bring her the main ingredient, a wild haggis. He has been hunting the highlands for years, but still hasn't been able to find one of these illusive creatures. His owner must be a legendary good hunter though, for every once in a while she will cook him and his mate some haggis, tatties and neeps.

User Comments

Abstain: knocked out (not knock-out) ---

Accept: I read his mate's description, it was so cute. ~SB

So, is it knockout, knock-out or knocked out? Is there an adjective knockout in English or is that the Dutch loanword confusing me?

Edit: so apparently there is an adjective knockout that doesn't mean what I'm trying to convey here xd.png

Edit 2: Or maybe it does but it's still spelled knockout instead of knock-out.

Edit 3: edited it to 'fast asleep'. Still curious which one it should have been though.

Edited by Mirhana

It's "knocked out". Those terms are all very similar but used in slightly different ways. You say that people are "knocked out" if they're asleep or have been punched really hard. Knockout would be used as an adjective with the subject that CAUSES the people to be knocked out. Such as a "knockout punch".

Ok, thank you! In Dutch I can describe my roommate as 'knockout' after a night of drinking without implying he's been involved in a fight wink.gif I think I'll stick with fast asleep for this description rather than resubmitting again.

Edited by Mirhana

I can't make heads or tails of this one for my new zombie female Sigyn.

This is her description:

"Sigyn really isn't sure what happened to her and her friend's son Dagr. She remembers a sharp pain in the back of her neck and waking up feeling different. She also knows that her daughter Embla went missing that day. She drifts around Cireth's cave calling for her daughter, wondering why all Cireth's dragons now run from her squealing in terror and why she has a sudden desire to eat their brains."

Here's the comment:

"Because the zmbie isResurrection"

*scratches head.*

I think they're explaining to your dragon why she's feeling that way, that she's been zombified.

Lelio was one of my zombie fodders. I decided to write something about him. English is not my mother language and I hope there isn't any mistakes...;w;

He was one of the so-called Cave-Blocker eggs in the AP. His former master abandoned his because of his breed. Alistair took him home, only to "accidentally" let him die of sickness so as to obtain a zombie.He attempted to revive him on Halloween night, and he was resurrected into his former state. It was not until then when he finally found out the truth that he never really cared about him, that he considered him more valuable as an undead monster than a living dragon. He fled into the wilderness and no one has ever seen him again.

Edited by Lethendralis

Ebola isn't the most considerate dragon out there. He blusters in and gets what he wants and does what he needs to do with only a modicum of care for the consequences. He tends to be a more hostile sort and isn't seen much by the mostly diurnal dragons of the group. The wyvern also keeps at a distance from everyone due to a combination of not wanting to accidentally infect anyone and disliking invasions of personal space.

Of late he's been accused of killing a previously nameless Waverunner, among others due to the corpses showing horrific damage similar to his prey. This has made him even more bitter and he clings to Korperzerfall, another of the accused.

He doesn't want to see another Waverunner or Undead dragon ever again.

Not entirely sure why "Wahahaha xd.png" applies to this.

So one of my Desipises has the code 'limeo' and I wanted to work that into his description somehow:

This Desipis dragon more than lives up to his breed's frightening reputation, and only the foolish would dare to approach him. The foolish... or those who know his one weakness. You see he has an insatiable appetite for citrus fruits, limes in particular, and though he tries to hide it because he finds it embarassing, many dragons and humans who find themselves venturing through his territory have started bringing along baskets of the tart fruit just in case. If they should encounter him, all it takes is a hefty thow of said basket in his direction and they can avoid him while he's eating.

and then I get this comment:

Reject: hefty thow of said?

I'm not sure if they're correcting me or asking for clarification? Does that sentence make sense or should I reword it?

Edit: Nevermind. I just realized that my keyboard didn't register me hitting the 'r' in 'throw'. XD It's fixed now. lol

Edited by Denwayasha

I think you've left out an r!

hefty throw of said basket - -is what you mean, right?

ninja.gif 'd by the edit. xd.png

Edited by Lagie

OK so I wrote THIS:

Acolyth focusses his immense creative talents less on healing and more on cooking and baking. In a clan with quite a few talented cooks and bakers, he tries to be the very best although it is far from easy to regularly beat the strong competition. Every year during the Harvest And Thanksgiving festival, Acolyth outshines himself, mostly through the creative use of herbs and flavours, and earns himself the prestigious title Thyme-Lord for another cycle of seasons.

Which earned me:

Accept:

Accept: Let me guess... As the Thyme-Lord, is he mortal enemies with the Gar-Leks? ;D

Accept:

Well Tabs I think you might like to learn that now indeed I own a group of Halloween dragons who call themselves the "Gar-Leks" so thanks for the inspiration biggrin.gif

OK so I wrote THIS:

Which earned me:

Accept:

Accept: Let me guess... As the Thyme-Lord, is he mortal enemies with the Gar-Leks? ;D

Accept:

Well Tabs I think you might like to learn that now indeed I own a group of Halloween dragons who call themselves the "Gar-Leks" so thanks for the inspiration biggrin.gif

Brilliant!

Saw this; thought of you! xd.png

It's Her Fault I'm A Problem

Refusal slapped this courting dragon in the snout, permanently scarring it. He fled back to DSL, and laid there, whining. "B-but she's a scary dragon," he whined, referring to the Undine who hates every Neotropical ever.

Her Fault is shy, never looking at any Undine for fear that it is Refusal, the angry Undine woman who crushes everyone's dreams, hopes, and lineages.

Accept: Comma instead of period after dragon in "scary dragon," he whined,"

Reject:

Fixed. Also, rude. Rude.

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

So I'm going through my descriptions and found these gems:

Magic Hater doesn't really hate magic, but she greatly distrusts it and its users. Her mate is one of the only magic users she can stand, and only because he takes time to focus and concentrate on controlling his powers every day. He also doesn't mind losing his magic when she is near, unlike most magic using dragons. Magic Hater heard of a school, called Delirium's Academy, which is far far away, which increases the power of its students. Concerned about how close her Cave is with the dragons affiliated with the school, she sent one of her offspring to join up with whatever Cassares there, and to report back to her so that she can lead the Cassares from her cave if the magic users ever lose control or become tainted and try to take over the world.

Accept:

Accept:

Abstain: with whatever Cassares are there (add are)

Accept: Nice! smile.gif ~G

Accept:

Accept: Haha, DA is crossing scrolls again! ~D

Reject: Dragons don't go to school.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Made the fix, though the reject makes me chuckle a bit, I could totally see magi dragons setting up a school with the encyclopidia entries. Also Herk's school shows up in a few descriptions.

Unlike most Cassares Not a Witch has a fasination with magic. When she's not hunting or doing something for Magic Hater she can be found reading books on magic and trying to come up with magic theory as to why her ability works the way that it does. She hopes one day to convince other Cassares that their ability is inherently magic. She has sent several papers with a pseudo name on them to Delirium's Academy, thinking that if there are any dragons who can help her prove her theory it would be those dragons.

Accept: Ohhh - I will have to have her papers read by somedragon smile.gif -H

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Here's one example!

Oh god, "Gar-Leks".

Muammar Gaddafi, May His Spellings Be Many, is what humans call a dictator. His territory is a very unpleasant place to be, with more iron-tooth violence and terrible ideas than the typical dragon has seen in a lifetime, and dragons potentially live forever. Gaddafi is outspoken and tactless and does whatever he can to assert his power, under the guise of objectivity and fairness. He claims to have a committee to advise him, while in reality, he overrides whatever he doesn't like. Gaddafi also has pictures of himself all over the territory and keeps bodyguards at all times. He has a small group of "supporters" and a much larger group who want him dead.

Accept: I picture fire and brimstone when I read this - Good job! -Tempo

Tempo. That's a new name for me. Thanks and hello!

I've been trying to write a description a day instead of doing NaNoWriMo, got this on a dragon from a few days back:

Agent Trevelyan:

Trevelyan, along with Agent Rose, is part of the Agensee. The story of their club's name is an odd one, but one that Rose is happy to tell to any who ask. The group is comprised of dragons who, for one reason or another, bear the name "Agent". Agent Without a Cause, a Magi, was considered for membership, but after his rambling comments about secret societies and his insistence on strict security protocols, he was politely asked to leave. Then, when that didn't work, Trevelyan chased him off. The Agensee now spends a good deal of time simply avoiding Agent Without a Cause. Rose looks at the whole situation as a sort of game, much to Trevelyan's amusement. Although he won't admit it, he is worried the strange Magi might be dangerous, and has half-jokingly declared himself Rose's bodyguard.

Accept: Oi, keep an eye on the Magi o.0;.

Accept:

Accept:

No worries - he's a nut, but a (mostly) harmless nut xd.png

Also found a random reject on Sernyl while checking the other dragons...

Oh god, "Gar-Leks".

Tempo. That's a new name for me. Thanks and hello!

That's me, I'm new to the site and took up reviewing as a way to make myself useful :3 I really do like that description!

So, once upon a time I inherited this child of 42's:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/tf6Ws

and recently came across his sibling in the AP:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/AKFNw

"He lives on Drury Lane!" No one else can even tell you where Drury Lane is, but this wee mint dragon is wholly convinced she knows some vague character called the Mupen Man and that said character lives on the as-yet-to-be-located Drury Lane. A quick glance inside her cave will reveal that perhaps she's not as sure as she seems, since the floor and walls of her cave are littered with hastily drawn sketches and maps, results of her forays out in search of Drury Lane. One day, she knows, one day soon, she'll meet that fabled Mupen Man and see his abode on Drury Lane.

Accept: I ABSOLUTELY love the name, the description, and your dragon is cute! I approve! Muah! :*

Accept:

biggrin.gif Thanks, whoever you are! smile.gif

Not sure who TNATS is... but thanks for your comment on my paper dragon's desc.

Gykevas is an expert at parting gullible individuals - dragon and human alike - from their hard-earned coins. Her method of choice is cards, thanks to spells she's designed to get around being rather too large to manipulate a standard deck. Most humans are distracted enough by the sight of dragon-sized cards shrinking back to normal when they leave Gykevas' claws (and the process reversing itself when she takes a card back) that she could be the least competent cardsharp ever and still rake in the gold. Gykevas might not quite fit in with Priksin's vision, as her gambling habit does rather interfere with Mystic Mountain's (invented) reputation as a home of wise oracles, but there's nobody better for raising the funds needed to keep the deception going.

Accept: Woah! Look, those cards just shrank! And now they're huge again! I'm just going to put down my wallet for a moment while I admire this unusual sight. -DT

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Yuu grew up with rather a skewed impression of his importance in the weyr. He spent years thinking that everyone was talking about him behind his back, but it wasn't until he learned how to read that he realized his mistake. One might expect Yuu to be conceited, but he's really rather insecure - the end result of thinking other dragons were saying "I just don't what's to be done about Yuu."

Accept: "Yuu. No, not you. Yuu. YUU, I said YUU." -DT

Accept:

Accept: tongue.gif

Accept:

Accept: Nice Description~brair

Accept:

If Symmegim had known that a bit part in a serial would blossom into a full-blown career spanning decades and dozens of plays, she would have thought twice before accepting Apevket's offer. It's not that she minds the acting, necessarily, but she always plays the same part, and an alarming number of dragons can't seem to separate the role from the actor. Symmegim's character might be a brilliant healer capable of incredible feats of medicine, but Symmegim herself is only average (though she does have the advantage of a much nicer personality).

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Nice Description~brair

Accept:

Accept: Is this a reference to something? Either way, I like it. ~Storm

Accept:

((Well, sort of. Roaring Lion Productions (run by Apevket) began as a direct homage to MGM (inspired by watching far too many MGM musicals one summer). Symmegim has MGM in her code, so she was clearly born for show business.))

Imzidib knows more about the plays of Roaring Lion Productions than even the dragons who created and acted in them do. For any play, no matter how obscure or short-lived, she can list off every single dragon who was part of it, what sort of amusing gaffes happened during production, and a wealth of other trivia and small details that would otherwise escape notice. She'll be invaluable if anyone ever decides to document the history of Roaring Lion Productions, but for now her tendency to spout trivial facts at the flick of a wing is a definite nuisance.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: That'd be a really annoying person but for a dragon it's adorable. <3 -ab

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

((She has IMDB in her code, so given that Roaring Lion Productions is an era-appropriate theatrical equivalent to our movie studios (roughly speaking), her job and placement were obvious.))

Iqiux's name was decided even before her egg was hatched. Rumor has it that the designated namegiver, who was always rather inept, either sneezed at an inopportune moment or had his mind go blank as he spoke the name (and was too proud to admit his error). Iqiux often wishes her name were easier to write or pronounce, but weyr law forbids her from changing it (and at least it can be shortened to "Kiu"). Besides, Iqiux knows she's relatively fortunate. One of her agemates will forever be known as Spider - short for "Aah! Spider! Get it off me!"

Accept: She's lucky she has a name. I leave my funny-coded dragons nameless. -DT

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: So that's how you name your dragons.

((I name most of my dragons based on their code, so a dragon with a properly-capitalized code will usually get called that. Iqiux just had the misfortune to get something that wasn't particularly pronounceable.))

On an Avatar of Creation with some pretty ancestors:

This Avatar is known for his beautiful, intricate dances. Some of his ancestors were Ribbon Dancers, and he seems to have inherited their skill. Each night, he searches out a location from which the moon can be easily seen, and he begins his dance. Only a few dragons have been lucky enough to watch his performance, but his presence is seen as a good omen. He makes an impressive sight, with his long ribbon-like tendrils trailing behind him as he spins and leaps. The soft moonlight glints off his bronze scales, while his dark blue wings blend into the night around him. In the morning, after his dance, the effects of his visit become clear - everywhere his path led, the plants are healthy, the animals seem content, and an aura of serenity fills the air.

Accept:

Accept: Isn't Bronze scales suppose to be Blue scale? coz the dragon have more blue than bronze

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

They have bronze scales around their heads and tendrils... and this one has some Bronze Tinsels in his lineage, so I wanted to mention them. I did say he has dark blue wings, as well.

Edited by Stormphoenix42

Uggh! Why do some people reject a description and then NOT give their reasons for rejection ?

If it were an abstain i could understand... but if you reject a descrip, you must have had a reason.

Edited by Silverswift

"My name is Jake", a frozen male Split.

Both of this hatchling's heads respond to the name "Jake". One appears to suffer from some form of Dissociative Identity Disorder, in which he thinks his other head is some sort of parasite, and the other appears to suffer from Schizophrenia.

The first head insists that his twin is something called a "yeerk", an (apparently) sluglike, parasitic entity that supposedly burrows into the host's head through the ear canal and controls the host's every action. This has led to multiple instances of this head attempting to starve his brother, only for his plans to be foiled when he eats something himself.

The other head is convinced that he can turn into any animal he can touch, which (according to him) includes a tiger, a falcon, a wolf, and many other various animals. The little hatchling says that in order for this to happen, he must concentrate on the animal and what it represents. When asked why nobody has seen him "morph", Jake tells the questioner that his other head ruins his focus.

Reject:

Accept:

Accept:

Someone obviously doesn't get the reference.

"My name is Jake", a frozen male Split.

Someone obviously doesn't get the reference.

Wait, this is a reference? I literally just saw that description. Oh, is it that really weird anime that's getting a live-action film soon?