Dr. Paine

Description comments

This Undine dragon's favorite beverage is water flavored with a pawful of mint leaves in it, hence his name. He and his best friend, a fellow Undine named Lemonsplash, enjoy providing refreshing, delicious drinks to their cavemates and any visitors they may come across. The two, one golden and one green, generally get along very well and rarely disagree, save for the fact that Lemonsplash believes that water flavored with lemon juice is superior to water flavored with mint.

User Comments

•Accept:

•Accept:

•Accept:

•Accept: ooh, mint tea with lemon juice in it. there, everyone wins.

Haha, I'm sure they'd have thought that up eventually. lol The other Undine mentioned has a similar description, too, but his doesn't have any comments yet.

user posted image

Doctor Who the Horse

Doctor Who really likes horse dragons. He feels that he should be one as well. Therefore, he practices acting like the other horses whenever he can. The main thing he has trouble with is stomping his feet- err... 'hooves' he says. He does it how all the horse dragons do it, but he can't produce that same loud clopping sound. For now, he satisfies himself with just doing the same action in the same pose as the others. At first, MessengerDragon's horse dragons were hesitant to accept him. However, after seeing how much it meant to him, they allowed Doctor Who to join their herd. He proved himself worthy of it, running as fast as any horse. The herd now treats him as one of their own. He has even managed to receive the loving attentions of a beautiful silver shimmer who wished for an affectionate horse to be her lifetime mate. Doctor Who is really happy with his wife and friends.

Accept: Coconuts! He should use coconuts foe that authentic hoof sound. xd.png

Accept:

Unfortunately, some extra letters:

The main thing he has trouble with is stomping his feet- err... 'hooves' he says.  He does it how all the horse dragons do it, but he can't produce that same loud clopping sound.
Got in, so I had to re-submit, and now it's gone, but thank you, whoever posted that comment! xd.png

On a Bluna:

For years, all Elli had to remember her father was the lovely wooden harp he crafted for her as a hatchling. When she would run her tail-fin across the strings, playing the notes to old lullabies and ballads, it was almost as if he was standing beside her, humming the melodies as she played them.

Those moments when she would play her harp were her escape from the pain she suffered at the hands of the same monsters who had taken her father from her. A tribe of vicious trolls, no match for the unsuspecting pod of Two-Finned Blunas, held her captive. They tortured her further, unknowingly, by forcing her to play for them. But each note that escaped the slender chords was meant not for the trolls, but for her father.

She finally gained her freedom years later but it came at a steep price: the harp was destroyed in the struggle. She has found a new life, but a piece of her will always wish she had never tried to escape so she would still have that small wooden piece of her father's heart.

Comments:

Accept: "later, but" Aw, this description tugs at the harpstrings. -DT

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

A compliment wrapped up in a terrible amazing pun. LOL thanks for making my morning, Dirtytabs.

And for a Whiptail:

As the tenth son of a line renown for its proficiency in time magic, this dragon has a lot to bear. One would never know of the corruption that has blackened his very name. Even his closest friends only see a friendly, intelligent Whiptail with incurable wanderlust. But he has been forced to wear the crimes of his ancestors in his name, the same name every male in his line has carried. He denies it, choosing instead to go by a alias or profession or simply no name at all. His closest friends call him by his favorite phrase, "Allonsey!" meaning "Let's go!" in a foreign tongue, but the title only reminds him of the history he can't escape. Of the number of lives taken in a horrible act of war by his grandfather's claws, a number seared permenantly in his mind. A constant reminder that no matter whose claws did those crimes, there will always be blood on his own. That no matter how many lives he saves, he will always be the One Who Regrets.

Comments:

Accept:

Accept: LOVE it! Great description smile.gif ~Remy

Accept: David Tennant, right? -ab

Accept: This is awesome, can't believe I haven't seen this lineage before. Perfect choice of dragon for ten! ~Storm

Accept: Permanently, not Permenently.

Accept:

Accept: Woah. This is epic!!!

Accept: this is kind of sad, but still good.

Holy crap I think that's the most comments I've ever gotten on one description. It makes me so happy when people get my references. Not that it wasn't an extremely obvious reference, but still. Thank you guys! biggrin.gif

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

user posted image

Doctor Who the Horse

Got in, so I had to re-submit, and now it's gone, but thank you, whoever posted that comment! xd.png

You're welcome! smile.gif

For my Neglected, Auz Mamj0 CB

It is based off a puppy mill story that touched my heart and decided to make my special dragon extra special. smile.gif

"The current owner, aussieJJDude found this hatchling chained to a rock in the freezing blizzards on the Alpine. The poor creature was making small feeble movements and was crying over the cold storm, aussie knew he wasn't going to make the night. Pitying the poor dragon and fascinated by this species - that the never saw before - he decided to take him home.

During his first few weeks, Mamj0 stayed in the darkest corner of aussie's cave, staring at the wall. He had little to eat or drink and was easily scared by sudden movements of aussie. One night after he was observing aussie playing with his other hatchling mates, he stumbled over and for the first time; allowed aussie to pet him.

He quickly learn that the hand wasn't something to be afraid of, rather a food dispenser and to get some tickles under the chin. Mamj0 developed into a strong character, often enjoying his own space but easily get jealous of the other dragons under aussie's care.

He found what it was like to be loved."

Critz?

One of my Nebulas has this description (which is still awaiting moderation after literally months and maybe even a year):

HD Expel has a rather strict attitude. Although he's generally kind with all the other dragons, if another dragon is annoying him, he will deliberately roar at that dragon, "Expelled!", although the reasons why and what he really means still remain unknown. Not only it became his catchphrase, but it also earned him the nickname "Dragon Expeller", which comes from his tendency to roar his catchphrase at any dragon annoying him. Despite his strict attitude, he is still liked by other dragons.

It has lots of votes all of which are Accept votes (except for one, which is Abstain), with a few of them having written comments (including the Abstain one).

...And then, there's this.

user posted image

Hello, Hermione. xd.png LMAO

xd.png That's brilliant!

I've just checked on a few of my pending descriptions to see if any comments or mod votes (I wish!) had been posted, and this comment made me laugh out loud.

Kimi Sparkle, "the world's ONLY female reviewer", is a loudmouth who constantly rattles off her opinions of other dragons. She can look over the most obviously egotistical Lumina and announce that "The imperfections on the scales are, like, really representative of her dissatisfaction with life. I think the way your parents handled your upbringing really shows in a respectable and serious view on addiction in adult dragons, something very difficult to teach to hatchlings." She will then spend a good eleven hours thinking and add, "For my next request, I would like to see a chapter in which the Lumina goes away forever and is killed by a falling boulder. Perhaps it could take inspiration from the well-known scroll of 'Fallout: Valkemare'. It would be a lot to fit into one personality, but this Lumina is very deep already so I think you could pull it off okay. I also would like to see the Lumina develop multiple personalities and have the personalities joining an athletic team together."

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: SO FABULOUS

Also just noticed this comment:

Fly spent his first year of life in the home of a human, often curled peacefully at her feet as her pet. He remembers the house fondly, a labyrinth of new rooms to discover and edges to perch upon, yet found himself terrified of the thought of being trapped behind one of the seemingly endless doors the human loved so dearly. It was not an unusual number of doors in the house, but still during his practice sessions Fly found himself crashing into them, more often than not ending up with a bloodied muzzle and temporarily blurred vision. He left the house barely a year after hatching, choosing instead to live with other dragons in a place where he would be able to stretch his rapidly growing wings. Yet the memories of the human stayed with him and, far deeper than them, memories of the doors: the gripping fear just before a collision came. His mild repulsion grew into wild paranoia and Fly now finds himself unable to even look at a door without spiraling, panicked, into skyward retreat.

Accept: Original and good!

Accept: biggrin.gif Thank you for that description - it really made me laugh. (Imagining a dragon that has fear of doors...) I'm curious: Is he afraid of windows as well? Cannot find something to change. ~NE (:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Thanks. biggrin.gif He's not afraid of windows. I don't think he actually knows windows exist--maybe he thinks they're invisible doors? But he doesn't recognize that transparent glass is a surface, and sees it as open space even after running into it. tongue.gif

To each Cave there is given a Trio of dragons, born to summon the mighty True Guardians. Though they do not know it, their spell could be compared to knocking on a door - one that anyone might answer. The Trio hoped for a Guardian, but this dragon answered their call instead. They did not see him at first, and none noticed the amulet around Sosul'ka's neck (the first scale left by The Simurgh) shining in the light of the gathered magic. The Trio believed their song unanswered, but they would soon learn how wrong they were.

Named Behemoth for his size, and Endbringer for his might, he wields fire and lightning as his tools. Like The Simurgh, he is known and feared by many. Myths have grown up around the two of them - some claim to have seen them speaking together, as though they were siblings or long lost companions. Behemoth may seem like a single-minded destructive force, but when the Trio's summoning was tainted by the amulet, it was for a purpose.

They needed worthy opponents.

Accept:

Accept: Good description! ~G

Reject: Doesn't really make sense. Who needed worthy opponents, why did the amulet taint the summoning and who is The Simurgh?

Accept:

Thank you for leaving a comment! You would not believe how many random rejects I've been getting.

I wish I could have fit in more information about the Simurgh, I've been trying to worldbuild but there just isn't room for everything in the 1000 character limit. If you'd like to read her description, she can be found here. As for the amulet, the Simurgh's magic was channeled through it in order to summon an AoD rather than a Guardian. "They needed worthy opponents" could apply to the Trio, or the Guardians, or the dragons of the Cave in general - I left it open for interpretation, though given that the Trio was just mentioned in the last sentence, it probably makes the most sense for it to be them. (It's also a reference to Worm, but I don't think we have many readers on here.)

I think I'll leave this one as is - it's already been accepted by a mod once, but I accidentally resubmitted it. Thanks again for commenting, I really do appreciate it. smile.gif

EDIT: Oops, upon rereading Simmy's description, it appears I've been inconsistent with my capitalization. I'll go and fix that...

Edited by Stormphoenix42

This Vampire dragoness haunts the frozen northern reaches of her owner's lands, solitary by choice. She spends her time hunting anything she can find, be they prey animals like caribou and rabbits or lost travelers, human and dragon alike. Brought into the cave as an abandoned egg, she didn't fit in with the resident coven of Vampires, and so left the main cave once her wings had grown in. The other dragons and her owner were content to just let her go. Her harsh existence seems unbearable to some, but she doesn't mind, since the cold never bothered her anyway.

User Comments

•Accept:

•Accept: Like!

•Accept:

•Accept:

•Accept: Ha, nice way to end it. ~D

•Accept: Read the last sentence, had to reread the rest. "Let her go," hmmm? XD ~Storm

•Accept:

•Accept:

•Accept: *reads description* meh *reads last sentence* XD

•Accept: I hate Frozen tbh :P

At that last comment: Honestly, I don't particularly care for that movie either, but it makes for fun little references in descriptions. I mean, thanks for the accept, but the comment struck me as sort of rude. /:

But on to more pleasant things!

Though not a Valentine's breed of dragon herself, Scarletbubble is absolutely in love with, well, love. So much so that she has a handsome Radiant Angel as a mate! The waters she calls home are part of a picturesque tropical lagoon where many couples (both human and dragon) often meet for a romantic rendezvous, and she enjoys watching the happy pairs in secret and making up little stories in her head about those she sees. Though she tries to remain unobtrusive with her spying, she's also been known to clandestinely approach a shy or nervous male and whisper encouragingly to him, "Go on and kiss the girl."

User Comments

•Accept:

•Accept:

•Accept: Aww I like it :)

•Accept:

•Accept:

•Accept:

:D Her mate's (a Radiant Angel) description references the song "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" so I figured she ought to have a matching descrip. ^-^

Pinkabeebee is one of the most cherished pinks simply because of her relationship with Peripinkle Dream. Peripinkle outshines any other dragon's lover, as he is a Sweetling, and quite capable of doing that. Pinkabeebee loves to watch him tree glide, with his prehensile tail swinging from branch to vine and branch again. She wished to participate before she met him, but her tail is not meant to bend in the way that Sweetling tails do, but holding Peripinkle tight to her after every race is quite enough for her.

The comments?

Accept: Aw!-Jash

Abstain: 'quite capable of doing that' doing what?

Accept: Good description! ~G

Accept:

*looks blankly at abstain* Quite capable of outshining any other dragon's lover, as previously mentioned in sentence...

Michael Bayhem loves to blow stuff up. He often proudly describes his plans for the next target by way of waving his wings around and yelling stuff along the lines of "and then it goes BSSSHHH and this goes PCHOOOO BSSHH BFROOOM and then this goes PCHAM and then it all goes up like BFCHOOOOOOOOOM!" Always one for making mundane awesome, he picks out the least likely target and then goes overkill on it.

Reputed to be aggressive and a jerk to others, Bayhem may have a firm hand but others claim he's a joy to be around. He knows that his work is nothing exceptional; it's just what he does best. Senseless action is his forte and he even pokes fun at himself for it. "Awesome twig! BOOM! Awesome boulder! BOOM!" If they aren't fleeing for their lives, many enjoy watching the spectacle because, well, explosions.

Accept: Haha, your dragon is directed by Steven Spielberg! I loved it!

Accept: *amuses self by saying that out loud* :D

Accept: And then he was introduced to the concept of transforming robots, then the world exploded

Accept: Ha, that's accurate! ~D

Accept:

This one makes me happy because while writing that I actually said the sounds out loud to try and accurately put them into letters!

Firey Whisper is a dangerous dragon. Her very name strikes fear into the hearts of dragons of her Cave and nearby ones. She is notorious for pretending to be an infatuated female, then stealing the treasures and loot from the tricked dragon's stash, whispering fire upon the dragon for good measure.

Accept:

Accept: A bit too wordy, but overall good

*hisses angrily* So notorious and infatuated are WORDY now? Well, I could go and change notorious to "known for doing bad things leik pretending to be in love and then taking the stuffs from teh dragon" and infatuated to "in love with"

Seriously... notorious is not a big word. It is concise, and accurate, as is infatuated. It just sounds better.

Anyways, thanks for the accept.

For a Gilded Bloodscale:

The Neighbor's Dog is a loud, irritating dragon best known for the chirpy squawks they make whenever something is out of place. The look of disorganization is almost painful for these two, and they frequently commence hour-long yipping sessions to voice their distress. The two heads work almost seamlessly together, helped by the fact that neither is very intelligent--they simply don't have the wits to argue with each other. Neatness is their primary concern, coming even before food and water, and in fact they have come very close to death in the past because of this obsession. The Neighbor's Dog is widely disliked by most all other dragons in the clan, and the popular vote would be to simply let them die. This certainly would have happened if a human had not been keeping tabs on everyone in the cave. Even then, it's a miracle The Neighbor's Dog has survived for so long.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: This is great.

Accept: Despite the fact that dragon has two heads, it's still ONE dragon, so I'd recommend using singular pronouns instead of plural

Accept:

Accept:

Do others think this needs changing? I've always described my two-headed dragons using plural pronouns, but this is the really the only two-headed dragon that I've written about as a single creature. I don't have a problem with changing it, just want to make sure others think it's necessary too. ^^;

I wouldn't worry about it. I've seen both styles used and both accepted.

You have a large number of accepts so you should be fine!

I named and described an ungendered adult Neglected recently ...

George, while still very young - too young even, had been passed on through various careless hands and claws. When the little one finally arrived in its current place, it bore a lot of trader labels, many of which had become unreadable during all these travels; the only part recognizable supposedly means "great" in a language from distant lands. A psychic was asked to try and recover the other bits of information about the little dragon, so a certificate was filled out with weight, date, name and gender.

But as the little one grew older, fate ensured that no psychic ever would be absolutely right: George simply didn't develop any visible gender. Either way, ze decided to keep the old label meaning "great" as well as the name predicted by the psychic, just so that others can say "I will hug hir and squeeze hir and call hir George."

It should be noted that George wouldn't let just anyone hug hir. But how ze chooses friends and their hugs remains hir secret.

Comments:

Accept:

Accept:

Reject: Who's Hir and Ze? and please capitalize names.

Reject: I'm not sure if this is intended, but it's spelled "her" not hir. and now "ze" chooses friends? Either "he" or"Z". Good though! ~E

Well ... obviously, the development of George's genderlessness didn't quite go as smoothly ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender-specif...uns#cite_ref-62

I don't want to change too much of that, but obviously, the transition from "it" to "hir" is lacking something ... but how do I make it more clear?

Since gender-unspecific pronouns are a relatively new thing and not everyone knows about them (especially among non-native speakers such as you and I), maybe add a sentence or two about how George refused to be refered to as "it" but since his-her apparent genderlessness was all too confusing for everyone, they simply settled for a NEW set of words just for lil' George wink.gif

"Adding a sentence" would require removing another - not a lot of room left biggrin.gif I'll see where I can put this ...

(Those pronouns are actually being used by/for a friend of mine who lives in the UK which is why I settled for this specific set of pronouns.)

New version:

George, while still very young - too young - had been passed on through various careless hands and claws. When the little one finally arrived in its current place, it bore many trader labels, most of which had become unreadable during all these travels; the only part recognizable might mean "great" in a language from distant lands. A psychic was asked to try and recover the other bits of information about the little dragon, so a certificate was filled out with weight, date, name and gender.

But as the little one grew older, fate ensured that no psychic ever would be absolutely right: George never developed any gender. Either way, ze - refusing to be called "it" any longer - decided to keep the old label meaning "great" as well as the name predicted by the psychic, just so that others can say "I will hug hir and squeeze hir and call hir George."

It should be noted that George wouldn't let just anyone hug hir. But how ze chooses friends and their hugs remains hir secret.

Will see what this gets me biggrin.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I named and described an ungendered adult Neglected recently ...

Comments:

Well ... obviously, the development of George's genderlessness didn't quite go as smoothly ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender-specif...uns#cite_ref-62

I don't want to change too much of that, but obviously, the transition from "it" to "hir" is lacking something ... but how do I make it more clear?

OH! I didn't understand at first, which is why I gave the reject comment with the ~E tag. That makes more sense! Great job fixing it to make it understandable.

Firey Whisper is a dangerous dragon. Her very name strikes fear into the hearts of dragons of her Cave and nearby ones. She is notorious for pretending to be an infatuated female, then stealing the treasures and loot from the tricked dragon's stash, whispering fire upon the dragon for good measure.

Accept:

Accept: A bit too wordy, but overall good

*hisses angrily* So notorious and infatuated are WORDY now? Well, I could go and change notorious to "known for doing bad things leik pretending to be in love and then taking the stuffs from teh dragon" and infatuated to "in love with"

Seriously... notorious is not a big word. It is concise, and accurate, as is infatuated. It just sounds better.

Anyways, thanks for the accept.

Hopefully this isn't too late to say, but I think you might be misunderstanding the comment. smile.gif What I think that person meant by "too wordy" was the "female" that came after the "infatuated". If it says "she is notorious" then saying "infatuated female" is unnecessary, since we already know she is a girl. If it was a guy pretending to be a girl, or unclear gender, then you might want to add the female. I'd also say "the hearts of the dragons of her Cave" if I were you. smile.gif Just my two cents!

Mate of a dragon who lives in embers

Friends with her friends and their children

This singing dragon who can barely sleep

Is often seen shining in moonlight

But beware this pretty dragon

Because when he defends his mate and friends

He bites

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Beware of this handsome dragon.

Accept: Wait Adam Young? AKA Owl City? Great desc. by the way!

Accept:

Yes, a.k.a. Owl city! Glad nobody has criticized the poem-ing on this one, it's not supposed to rhyme.

Owl Exterminators are named for their most common (and arguably most transparent) lie: "We're owl exterminators." Their low intelligence makes them easily manipulated, and they have essentially become henchmen to the human who raised them. The right and left heads (Walt and Larry, respectively) disagree on almost everything, and their frequent arguments prevent any real progress being made on their mistress's sinister plans. The two heads care deeply for each other, however passionately they may fight, and are united by their deep loyalty to their caretaker. They often appear downcast, and frequently ask the mistress if she has any plans to give them a brother (preferably one named Igner), someone even stupider to take the burden of follies off their shoulders.

Accept: Walt, the leader among imbeciles! Larry, the sniveling middle child. Igner - I'd tolerate the evil, but the stupidity... -DT

Hey! They resent that! tongue.gif

Accept: Walt, the leader among imbeciles! Larry, the sniveling middle child. Igner - I'd tolerate the evil, but the stupidity... -DT

Hey! They resent that! tongue.gif

Sorry. Thank you.

I just got this one: "Accept: I really like this description. Very nice story."

For this one: "Kaulaui was being sold in a merchant's market place, an egg with a delicate pattern that smelled as sweet as perfume. He was bought by his new mother who took him home and nestled him among the tea leaves to protect him. He grew up loved by his mother and two older siblings, becoming a kind, noble and laid back Black Tea Dragon. He enjoys laying in the fields of wildflowers, sunbathing and using the glands under his wings to attract butterflies. He tries his best to only eat the common or ugly ones though, not wanting to upset his mother. Despite his muscular appearance, Kaulaui is very gentle and will allow the smallest of his young siblings to climb all over him. He makes it his personal position to watch over and comfort his siblings. His mother is grateful for his help."

I'm so proud. ^^

Edited by MiDZ

There is no set number, your description can have 17 accepts and it won't get displayed, but it can be displayed with nothing but a reject as well. It all depends on a MOD's approval, the user accept/abstain/rejects mean jack nothing.

And there are veyr few mods and an 11k unmoderated description queue...