Dr. Paine

Description comments

its a reference to the old V8 commercials, where someone would do something silly and the other person would smack their forehead with their hand (essentially someone else facepalming someone)

*headdesks* Of course! How could I have missed that? ohmy.gif

I can't believe I forgot to include that in the description!

Irene is one of the many dragons rescued and nurtured by the wide ranging clan of humans founded by AnselaJonla. Her egg was found in a jungle and taken to a hatchery to be raised.

Once she matured, she found her lifemate, a Dorsal dragon, among the other AnselaJonla dragons. In the tradition of the flock, both dragons took the same name, Elumbra, to pass down to any of their offspring that remained within the flock.

As a hatchling, Irene barely escaped from an immortal dark sorcerer warlord who was enslaving Horse dragons. He used his magick to bind and twist their minds to his will. Subservient and mute, they were then given to his most loyal Lieutenants as mounts. His many enemies had learned to target the dragons, however, and he was always in need of more defenceless hatchlings to replace those lost in battle.

He was defeated many decades ago, but Irene doesn't believe he's dead, and thinks he's behind the attacks on the Hellpack. A Hellhorse would be very valuable to him.

Accept:

Accept: Very good, but some misspellings are; defenseless, magic

Abstain: defensless

Oh dear, if you're going to correct someone's spelling, first make sure that you're spelling it right yourself. Not that there is anything to correct. "Magick" is a stylistic choice and "defenceless" is British English.

Accept:

Accept: Very good, but some misspellings are; defenseless, magic

Abstain: defensless

Oh dear, if you're going to correct someone's spelling, first make sure that you're spelling it right yourself. Not that there is anything to correct. "Magick" is a stylistic choice and "defenceless" is British English.

xd.png Mine was the blank accept! smile.gif I use British spellings, too.

My gifting Wyvern

Glis belongs to the "Reward the Worthy" squad of the clan and happily joins in the delivering of pretty surprises to helpful humans everywhere.

"Remember that slashes aren't displayed," he whispers into the minds of those he deems worthy, without being sure what those words mean, and drops a small piece of parchment into their laps enscripted with coded instructions to find a hidden treasure. Right now he carries one that reads as follows:

Got:

Accept: Awesome! I occasionally set my chicken up to do the same thing, and yesterday somebody left the initial "H" when leaving a really nice comment...Was that you? ;D -

Yes - yes indeed it was me, but now I don't see who you are dear cut-off initial smile.gif

My gifting Wyvern

Got:

Accept: Awesome! I occasionally set my chicken up to do the same thing, and yesterday somebody left the initial "H" when leaving a really nice comment...Was that you? ;D -

Yes - yes indeed it was me, but now I don't see who you are dear cut-off initial smile.gif

Absyrtus is my name. smile.gif Didn't even notice my initial got caught off...Lol. See you around on the description review section. thumbs_up.png

Absyrtus is my name. smile.gif Didn't even notice my initial got caught off...Lol. See you around on the description review section. thumbs_up.png

Welcome to the reviewing crew! smile.gif *gives brownies*

Welcome to the reviewing crew! smile.gif *gives brownies*

Thanks a bunch, I'm glad to be on the team! smile.gif

Have been working on a pair of descriptions for these two,

Kytaria and Vadrian, and got this comment on Vadrian's description:

Vadrian was a bit of a loner as a hatchling. He preferred to spend his time lost in imagination, or studying magic. He believed magic was the most interesting thing in the world... until he met Kytaria. Kytaria was an Undine hatchling, and had a mind to rival Vadrian's own. The two hatchlings spent much of their time together, and Vadrian was delighted to discover that Kytaria also had some magical talent. At first, Vadrian would assist Kytaria's attempts at water manipulation with his spells (often without her knowledge), but this quickly became unnecessary as Kytaria took to magic like a fish to water. Though normally a quiet dragon, Vadrian talked to Kytaria for hours on end, making up stories with her or telling her about his studies. In return, Kytaria taught him to communicate with the water spirits that lived in the nearby stream. The two dragons gradually became inseparable, and remain together even to this day.

· Accept:

· Accept: Good! But when will they breed? - (Just wondering.)

Patience, my friend, they only grew up yesterday xd.png I'll try breeding them soon, I'd like to write a description for their eventual offspring as well.

EDIT: Apparently they're not interested in cooperating, I just tried breeding and they wouldn't even go near each other. Guess they don't want kids.

Edited by Stormphoenix42

Aeonian is quite the ladies' dragon actually, complete with a fierce, shadowy lineage, a muscular build and a silent type of personality. His master knows that he could possibly father dragons with beautiful bloodlines, but unfortunately Aeonian refuses as he prefers to be a 'lone warrior'.

Accept: Did someone reject someone lately? tongue.gif -DT

Yeah, sadly. He rejected her and her.

The double-checker lineage would have looked pretty. sleep.gif

So a couple weeks ago I was naming my hatchlings and I had a Royal Blue male and a Royal Crimson female I couldn't think of names for. Well.. the RC's code is JES14 and at the time my little brother was watching Pokemon in the background and... well... XD this happened:

Born into quite a privileged family, this dragon chafed at all the rules and formalities and ran away as soon as his wings grew in. Rumors of an arranged marriage may also have played a factor in his departure. He soon fell in with another runaway, a hot-tempered Royal Crimson dragoness named Jessieclaw. The pair soon became thick as thieves, and love causing mischief together, even coming up with a little motto for their duo: 

To protect the cave from devastation,

To unite all dragons within our nation.

To announce the evils of truth and love,

To extend our wings to the stars above.

Jessieclaw!

Jamesflight!

Team Drocket fly off at the speed of light!

Surrender now, or you'll have to fight!

Hi-yah!

That's right!

User Comments

•Accept:

•Accept:

•Accept: Oh what have I witnessed. ~DSL

I don't know whose sign-off that is, but I honestly don't know the answer to that. XD I did one for Jessie, too, but that one doesn't have any comments yet.

As the son of Princesa Zelda, Kafei combined the gentle wisdom of his mother with the righteous courage of his father. Accordingly his pure heart soon found another to bond to; that of Anju, a very kindly local inn-keeper. With their love blessed by their parents, marriage was quickly arranged...

Only for Kafei to suddenly vanish.

Anju was devastated, believing he had lost his love for her. The truth, however, was that Kafei had met with a terrible fate; a curse from an imp had turned him into a child. As if this wasn't devastating enough, another tragedy occurred shortly after--the theft of his wedding mask! Without a way to solidly confirm his identity, Kafei feared all hope had been lost--until a young dragon appeared and swore to help him. The quest that followed led to the eventual recovery of both his mask and his rightful age, allowing him and Anju to wed at last. Now a happy parent, Kafei often reflects on the past... and the strange resemblance his friend bore to his father!

Accept:

Accept: "Met with a terrible fate" Oh Jegus no. Not him. -DSL

So glad someone realized what I was going for! :'D <3

Oh, so that was you.

Huh.

Anyway.

"Oh for the love of-" DSL was screeching in the hatchling cave. Apparently, this little one had "alted" or something. He became scared out of his mind, and hid behind a White hatchling. "Me" he said, telepathically. DSL had her head in her hands, sitting in a corner. "Dammit, I just want something that isn't alted." Some of the words became his name.

True to his story, GDIA (as he is called) is a timid and quiet dragon. He still gazes at the nebula he chose long ago, wondering why he chose that one. Any other ones would have stopped DSL from scratching out his name and writing a new one. And he saw the purple of another. And he would cry when he saw the purple nebula hatchlings, even one who ended up with a name similar to his own, but positive. His only friends are the 4 other green nebula dragons, for they have a similar problem, but none more so than GDIA.

Comment:

Accept Poor dragon. Not his fault the prettiest Nebula is green. -DT

I am still sick of seeing male Nebulas. I have one girl. One.

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

I am still sick of seeing male Nebulas. I have one girl. One.

I checked your scroll before sending the comment to see your nebulas' ratios and wasn't disappointed. laugh.gif

Lord Business almost always has a smirk on his face, despite smirking meaning nothing to dragons. But it still looks evil to humans. He also wears a cape that is too long for his body and a headdress with a pair of cups. He believes the world is too messy and must be put in order, and he'll be the one to do it with the power of Kragle. All he really needs before he destroys the world is a good talking-to.

Accept: Don't you mean 'President Business'? ;D

Accept: "everything is awesome" about this dragon

Accept:

wub.gif I also have dibs on "Kragle", whose description was esoteric enough to get a couple of rejects. cool.gif

^Oh hey, that first comment is mine. ^-^ *agressively searches the queue for Kragle's description because it sounds awesome*

An excellent swimmer, this dragon loves racing up and down the network of rivers he calls home. The others in his territory have learned to be careful around the water, since they never know when he'll come barrelling by and drench them with half the creek. It's hard to stay angry with him for long, though, as he is actually quite friendly and never means to splash anyone on porpoise.

User Comments

•Accept: Hmm, not a Tabs description! XD

•Accept:

•Accept: Good, but at the very end, it's 'purpose', not porpoise.

Yes, anonymous reviewer I know that, but I was being punny. XD

This dragon's description is a reference to a character from the Percy Jackson series of books who uses that phrase a lot, so I'd like to keep it in, if possible. Even though the phrase didn't exist in DC's time period, I justify it as something that the dragon came up with on her own, not just something in the common vernacular.

Ha, Clarisse-now in dragon form.

So I was looking at my dragons' pending descriptions and I realized that someone had rejected a description because the dragon was a girl but the name started with Prince. I used to do that to make it more likely the name was there and it's really annoying that someone would reject a description because of a name.

Yes, anonymous reviewer I know that, but I was being punny. xd.png

Hey, that's my niche! biggrin.gif

Relevant

BTW -

Kragle is easily changed and follows whoever she wants, or more often, allows herself to be dragged around on others' adventures. She does have an odd hobby though: sticking things together. She uses a substance that is mostly saliva mixed with some other stuff that makes the concoction sticky and somewhat toxic, which bonds things really, really well. The strange adhesive and Kragle's pliable nature make her highly dangerous. Anyone with less than noble intentions can persuade her to work for him, though the opposite is true as well: a good person can befriend her and keep her out of trouble.

Hard to make a good description about a tube of glue. xd.png

Edited by dirtytabs

A rather vain and stuck-up dragon, PrinceOfTheShallowWaterZoras (or Prince or Shallow, for short) isn't related to any royalty yet he demands to be treated like one. This often gets on the nerves of most of the other dragons in the surrounding area near his pond and those in Kim's care especially. As such, his friends are very few and far between.

Some dragons, those he considers his friends, play along with his shenanigans, sometimes referring to him as "Your Highness" or "Mighty Prince", giving him items for his hoard, or even preparing meals for Shallow. Most of them don't really bother with it, or, in cases such as with rudie dragons, even terrorize and antagonize Shallow. This is promptly met with annoyance and a very large splash from the angry aquatic dragon.

User Comments:

Accept: Looks good to me. smile.gif ~D

Accept: Second-to-last sentence has a spelling error. -DSL

Accept: Great! -

Accept:

Umm, DSL, the spelling's intentional as it actually describes a group of dragons. More specifically, they're the dragons based off of the series Jet Set Radio or specific gang-related dragons as described by some of my other dragons.

Edited by Kimoko_the_Dragon

rudie? I'm not familiar with that for a group of dragons, kim.

Zaphod Beeblebrox (the "Nothingth" was given by his great-grandfather, Zaphod Beeblebrox the Fourth) is the President of the Galaxy, a title that holds no power whatsoever. He is hedonistic and careless and incredibly narcissistic, but his charisma often lets others see past his shortcomings, and he circumvents other problems through deviousness and wit. Seven times in a row he was voted "Worst Dressed Sentient Being in the Known Universe" because of his love for garish, contrasting colours, and the birdcage over one of his heads doesn't help. He's also the inventor of a drink so strong, its mixing is banned by many environmental and weapons treaties. He's spent much of the last few years reluctantly pursuing some grand scheme about the actual ruler of the universe, and finding that entity in the end was a disappointment.

Accept: I love it!

Accept: Best. Thing. Ever.-DSL

The commenters are froods who know where their towels are.

Some of Spumescent's fellow purples like to tip cows, but she's decided that is kind of silly to do and has been called "rebellious" because of her indifference towards fitting in with the group, hobby-wise. There are actually a lot of ways Spumescent disagrees with everyone around her, but cow-tipping is the most notable. After all, she reasons, she's never been served by cattle, so there's no reason to tip them.

Accept: I didn't see taht one coming. This was the 2nd laugh I got out of the queue today. Thanks biggrin.gif -H

Accept: Good description! ~G

poptartFINALTINY.gif

Ghoughpteighbteau does not follow rules he finds too arbitrary, especially if they're humans' rules. Humans and their silly rules regarding one of their languages are fun to mess with, even if it's sometimes undeserved. Ghoughpteighbteau's favorite food is, of course, ghoughpteighbteauz (in the form of phwriss when he has the time), but he loves all kinds of ghoti as well. Sometimes, he'll travel higher up the mountain to cce.

Accept: I know ghoti is fish. What are the others? ohmy.gif Oh wait. Potatoes, fries, and ???

"Ski". cool.gif

Proofreaders, if you find you're seeing some familiar descriptions, I've been correcting the mistakes in mine. Sorry!

I have this and this dragons. Both with descriptions.

Have Some Tea is actually very good at making tea. He also likes sharing it, so he often invites friends over to his cave. One of his favourite types is Rose-hip tea. He likes people who pay attention to details and enjoys puzzles where the answer is right there, you just have to find it. His mate for life is My name is Cookie who shares his views on attentive people. Together, they often reward these people with eggs. My name is Cookie is an excellent cook and she often makes cookies to serve with his tea.

Accept:

Accept:

Abstain: people? or do you mean dragons?

Accept:

Accept: *sips tea* thank you, lovely dragon

Accept:

Accept: Hmm, I just ran out of Earl Grey so I would like some of his tea please. :3 ~D

Accept: Cool! -

Accept:

Thank you for the comment, but yes, I did mean people.

My name is Cookie was named for her love of making cookies. She often gives them to the guests who come for Have Some Tea's tea. One time, she felt really sorry for a person who didn't have any orange coppers, and only one brown copper, so she mated with ShineyFly to give the poor person an egg. Since then, she saw Have Some Tea and fell in love with him. He is now her mate for life. She likes people who are observant, and together with Have Some Tea she often rewards them with eggs.

Accept: OK smile.gif - H

Accept: Nice

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Interesting. ~Lev

Accept: Aww, nice description! smile.gif ~G

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Nice Description ~brair

Accept: Nice. smile.gif ~D

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Edited by MessengerDragon

Haha Tabs, your Ghoughpteighbteau would spend hours arguing with my Ghoti. xd.png

I found some lovely comments on one of mine:

As a hatchling, Arkyiasta's mother's affection left her with the nickname Arky. It was a cute name, for a hatchling. Once she matured, however, things changed. Do not, under any circumstances, call her by that name. Ever. When the hated nickname is used, she has been known to throw hurricane tantrums worthy of a Grey dragon, or cause the offender to be swept away in a freak flash flood. They tease her in good fun because of her often hilarious reactions, without knowing that they're actually hurting her. Though little does she realize that it is these fits and not her nickname that continue to stress the unanimous idea that she is in fact quite childish, and that if she simply ignored it, her clanmates would let it go. But every attempt to tell her this has ended in failure - it is better just to leave her alone and ask someone else for help next time the cave needs dredging after a bad storm.

Comments:

Accept: Nice Description~brair

Accept:

Accept: I adore this description.

Accept:

Wow, thank you Brairtrainer and mystery person! This is definitely more informal than what I usually write, so I wasn't expecting to get any comments. You guys made my evening.

King Garion

Named after a great king of old, Garion, unfortunately, inherited none of his namesake's heroic traits. He is snotty, selfish, and unfaithful to his mate, having had several children out of wedlock. Though he does have some close friends who love him despite his downfalls, the cave's general consensus on Garion is "We're glad he's not actually our king."

Comments:

Accept: Well I guess he didn't ahve an Aunt Pol to deflate his ego early in life? (Love your scroll names smile.gif) -H

Accept: LOL! Love this!

Accept:

Accept:

So glad someone got the reference! Thanks, Herk! biggrin.gif

Haha Tabs, your Ghoughpteighbteau would spend hours arguing with my Ghoti. xd.png

I found some lovely comments on one of mine:

Comments:

Accept: Nice Description~brair

Accept:

Accept: I adore this description.

Accept:

Wow, thank you Brairtrainer and mystery person! This is definitely more informal than what I usually write, so I wasn't expecting to get any comments. You guys made my evening.

That was me, glad you liked it.

I've received a 'Nice' on several of my descriptions and I don't think anyone fully realizes how happy that makes people. biggrin.gif

A golden treasure worth keeping, or just Treasure, as an unusual habit of biting people who do not respect her. She loves rainbow coloured gems or gold in a sphere. She has an diamond skull which she is very protective of.

Comments

Accept: Tell her I respect her, and her treasures.

Abstain: Not bad, but that first sentence doesn't make much sense. Do you mean "She is a golden treasure... who has an unusual habit..." or something? ~D

I would but she might know already.

Yes I meant has not as, and her name is A golden treasure worth keeping or you could call her Treasure, it's shorter.

Rex, along with Merlin, Ronny, Roxie, Electra, and Boreas, guards a tower in a northern country. The tower itself is not strictly a tower; it looks like a keep when in fact it's a dungeon and the tower bit holds jewels belonging to the royals of the country. The dragons themselves have free reign over the city; they can go anywhere they wish.

Rex prefers being by himself and more relaxed than the other five. He likes to spend around a near by town south west of the tower, and as such he has developed a taste for deer and swan. The locals of the area don't really like him for that reason.

Comments

Accept: Nice reference to the Tower of London there - AJ

Accept: The Tower of London, eh? I wouldn't have guessed if it hadn't been pointed out to me. smile.gif ~D

I tried to only hint at it and not actually state it. I don't know if I could mention anymore in the other five dragons description.

Edited by Nightwatcher

I would but she might.

Yes I meant has not as, and her name is A golden treasure worth keeping or you could call her Treasure, it's shorter.

Oh, I see now. Without capitalizing the other words in her name it didn't click in my mind that it was, well, a name. I'll keep that in mind. happy.gif (I don't know how I totally miss the dragon's name being right /there/ above the description anyway, but regardless I often do that. I'm infamous in my family for a lack of observation skills. >.< )

~Edit: Yeah, and what Lagie said! I just suck at descriptions, I swear.

Edited by Dimar