Dr. Paine

Description comments

There is no set number, your description can have 17 accepts and it won't get displayed, but it can be displayed with nothing but a reject as well. It all depends on a MOD's approval, the user accept/abstain/rejects mean jack nothing.

And there are veyr few mods and an 11k unmoderated description queue...

Alright,thank you. While I was reading some of the above post I got all worried for them because if the accepts/reject comments were coming from the moderators then there seemed to be some problems. I'm trying my best to follow all the rules though. ^^

Do you have any fun descriptions?

Fun ones... lesse...

Harvest based on one of the most common spelling mistakes

I still like this one

Offspring from Rally's Shouts Ices

silly Winter

kinda political

my first GoN

sci-fi cusswords

If you are interested in other people's descriptions take a look here you will find funny, dramatic, sad, frightening, exciting and much more smile.gif

Alright,thank you. While I was reading some of the above post I got all worried for them because if the accepts/reject comments were coming from the moderators then there seemed to be some problems. I'm trying my best to follow all the rules though. ^^

Do you have any fun descriptions?

The mods don't do the accepting/abstaining/rejecting the way we do. Once a mod accepts a description, it appears on the dragon's page. A mod reject means there's a major issue with it and must be changed.

DO YOU LIKE PUNS, MIDZ Ehh, I'll let you look at a description so old TJ probably saw it.

Have you won a Rory yet, Herk? For gratuitous use of swear words in a serious description?

Got a funny comment on Mydnachet's desc-in-waiting.

"Mydnachet is grouchy, withdrawn, and suspicious. Like several of the Breedery's other blacks, he was an abandoned egg, found by Lurhstaap on the outskirts of a cave system not far from the Breedery's borders. Although not hunting for black eggs at the time, the dragonkeeper picked up the egg anyway, and allowed his eldest pair of blacks, Sardonyxiar and Obseddiun, to raise it. Mydnachet is aware of his true origins however and unlike many of the other adopted dragons, he is bitter and resentful. Sometimes he feels betrayed by his birth family; other times, he hates the Breedery and thinks of it as a place to which he was kidnapped and enslaved (despite having no particular duties or tasks and being left to his own devices ninety percent of the time). Unsurprisingly he is not very popular, either with his own species or other Breedery dragons. Of course, he could just run away to the wilderness, but this seems to have not occurred to him yet. Or perhaps he's just afraid to..."

Accept: Dude needs some therapy

So he does, commenter, so he does! xd.png

Edited by Lurhstaap

Cocksure is not a good hider, his enormous size making him duck soup to find, and he throws hard punches

Abstain: "Making him duck soup"?

Breeze. Pie. Piece of cake.

Edit: I think it's such a fun idiom that I wanted it in a desc, rare as it is. tongue.gif

Edited by dirtytabs

Breeze. Pie. Piece of cake.

Ah, okay! I figured from the context it meant something like that, but having never heard that expression before I didn't know if it was an odd typo/autocorrect or not. lol

I've never heard of duck soup, either. huh.gif

On RIP Stinky Noodles Marie Hillard

Noodles was named for a friend's beloved kitten who died in a house fire. Like her namesake, Noodles is boisterous and adventurous, climbing up to high places with no thought to her own safety. She always wants to be involved whenever someone's trying to work, nudging her way under Bard's paw as he's scribing, or tapping Arty's game pieces while he's playing. No one has the heart to be too harsh with her so it looks like it will be a while before she understands the concept of boundaries.

I got:

Accept: But you're an adult! You should act like one! Also the kitten had an adorable name. -DT

Accept:

Z'Grim Sleep just has two commentless accepts.

Okay, so, I have a BIG project that I'm doing. In this project, I'm going to make a 7th gen EG PB terrae. Also, I plan to give every single dragon in the lineage a description! smile.gifbiggrin.gif Not only this, but the dragons with all be a part of the 'Forrest Clan', and it's likely there will be at least one reference to another dragon in the Forrest clan, or the Forrest clan as a whole in their descriptions. Also, while all of the descriptions make sense, some will have bits added to them when you read other descriptions. smile.gif

Anyway, I described a lot of dragons last night and here's some comments I got. smile.gif

Dingo Forrest

Dingo Forrest is a special kind of dragon. He doesn't really know where he came from. It is believed that a traveller stole his egg from his mother, carried it far far away, and left it by the entrance of a cave. It was there that, luckily, he was found by a travelling pair of sisters. They adopted him and took him in, hoping to keep him as a baby they could carry around, but the magic spell failed, so unfortunately for them, he grew up. He is now an important member of the Forrest clan, as he does things like scout locations on new found land.

Accept: An interesting description! He seems to have an intriguing profession.

Dakota Forrest

Dakota Forrest used to be a very lost type of dragon. She didn't feel lost, she just enjoyed wandering around, and if she ever attempted to store some of her belongings, she would not be able to find her way back to them. One day, as she was roaming the forest, she came across a dragon who was wearing a necklace she believed she made. She went up and told her story to the dragon, who introduced herself as Avery, and gave back the necklace. Dakota was very thankful, so happily accepted the offer to join Avery's clan, although she probably would have just wandered off the next day.

However, when she got to the home of the Forrest clan, she almost immediately fell in love with another dragon, Dingo. She now enjoys going on walks with Dingo, who thankfully has a much better sense of direction then her!

She also has most of her belongings back.

Accept: A great description! It's good that she has somebody with a sense of direction to go walking with her.

Feather Forrest

Feather Forrest, much like her husband Falcon, has always had a love for the sky. However, rather than loving sunsets and sunrises, Feather loves to look at the sky when it is raining. It is then that she sees the most beautiful thing, an arc of colours. Sometimes they are so big and beautiful, they seem to be reaching all the way across the sky. Also, if she is very lucky, Feather sometimes sees a mirror image of the rainbow, so there appears to be two rainbows. These are her favourite as she gets two rainbows for one!

Feather has a special dream, one day she hopes she will find the end a rainbow.

Accept: A wonderful description! I wish her luck in finding the end of a rainbow.

Meadow Forrest

Meadow Forrest, much like her husband, Moss, loves the night sky. For their honeymoon, she took him on a hike up the mountain near their house, so that they could perhaps meet a dragon she had seen once before, which she called a "night sky dragon." They did, and when her husband said it looked like the night sky was painted onto his wings, she got an idea.

Meadow decided to take up painting. She started in secret, and once she had perfected her skills, she gifted her husband with beautiful paintings of space. Since then they have started painting together. Their house is full of paintings of space, and they also gift them to other dragons.

Accept: A wonderful description! I must say, I have a weakness for artistic dragons, and Meadow is no exception! I wish her luck in hers and husband's painting.

All of these comments made me so happy! biggrin.gif And I wanted to say thank you to everyone who commented on one of the descriptions. <3 I'm definitely going to start commenting on more descriptions even if it's as simple as "Nice description! Well done!" which some of mine were, cause it's just so much nicer having a comment. smile.gif

Anyway, then there's this one:

Rainbow Forrest

Rainbow Forrest absolutely loves celery. It's because of her deep love of celery that she was able to meet her husband, Rayne. She was walking through the forest one day, when she saw a strange wall of vines. Being a very curious dragon, she went through. She was very surprised when she saw a HUGE field of celery growing. She was even more surprised when in the middle of that field, she saw another terrae dragon. She went up and talked to this dragon and they fell in love. When they joined the Forrest clan they decided to keep the celery farm a secret from everyone else.

Accept:

Reject: she went through and I think you mean the Forest clan unless it has something to do with Gump

Accept:

I fixed the typo since it's only been up for a few hours and I don't think that it will effect the time that it takes for it to go up too much.

But anyway, no I definitely mean Forrest. Forrest Gump isn't the only Forrest with two Rs in his name! *facepalm*

Description irrelevant for this one:

Accept: Sorry about the "civilised" thing. I'm usually pretty good at not making stupid mistakes like that. I like your descriptions. <3

Eep; hiya! I don't know who you are, but you really don't have to apologise. smile.gif Like I said in the other post, I make silly mistakes when reviewing, too, and you were really polite about it, so I don't mind at all.

I just noticed that it was a while since I mentioned that mods sometimes take spelling 'fixes' to heart while approving descriptions, so it can be unwittingly dangerous to make them. (I have two descriptions affected by this, if you're curious, which is hardly an epidemic and probably not really anything to write home about, but I felt it was better to mention it.)

So, no worries. user posted image And thanks for the kind comment! happy.gif

Just going through some of my unmoderated descriptions, looking for comments. Here's some.

Ohm is a curious dragon, who'll eat anything once, just to see what it tastes like. "If I don't like it, I won't eat it again" is her motto in life. She doesn't understand the looks of disgust on her fellows' faces as she happily tucks into strange meals from faraway lands. After all, "you can't say 'I don't like it' if you don't try it" is her other motto.

One of the delicacies she returns to again and again is the bubbling drink created by some human mages, who found a way to make lemon juice fizz and pop all the way down into the stomach of whomever drinks it.

Those close to Ohm really, really wish she wouldn't drink the 'lemonade' made by the wizards of Schweppes University. Dodging the resultant fireball burps gets rather irritating after a while.

Accept: Wow. (Snicker)

Yeah, I wrote that one because the thought of fireball burps was amusing. I'm glad someone else finds it funny.

Iona was raised by a farmer, who found her egg in a rock crevice inside the remains of a fire-devastated wood on the edge of his lands. He brought the fragile egg home and warmed it by the fireside until it hatched.

The little drake hatchling was adopted by old McDonald's sheepdog, a young collie named Kep. The pair were often seen in the fields together, Kep teaching Iona how to herd the sheep that were the farmer's main source of income.

There was some controversy the first time old McDonald entered Iona into a sheepdog trial, mainly centred around the fact that, however much she acts like one, Iona isn't actually a sheepdog.

Kep passed away not long after Iona's wings started to grow, and old McDonald barely lived to see the drake mature and lay her first egg, but Iona remained at the McDonald farm where she grew up. She still herds sheep for the latest generation of McDonald farmers, and still wins the trials whenever she is allowed to enter, every five years at minimum.

Accept: A sheepdragon. Niiice smile.gif

Accept: An intriguing description! Well done! I really liked reading it.

This was inspired by a comment on another thread, about using drakes to herd sheep.

Gideon really, really like's his fruit's and vegetable's. He, therefore, assi'st's a human greengrocer in his market stall, acting as both security and sale'sdragon, in exchange for free ca'st-off's and damaged good's.

Unfortunately, this trader i's, like greengrocer's all over Gal'sreim, afflicted with a strange compul'sion to insert an apo'strophe in front of the letter "s" at random, whether it's use is correct or not. Thi's tic is apparently infectiou's, and Gideon was stricken with this de'sire within day's of beginning hi's job.

Gideon's newfound love of the 19th letter of the alphabet i's driving the more learned member's of the flock ab'solutely batty. He is frequently 'seen fleeing Megan's lecture's on the correct u'se of an apostrophe.

Abstain: fix the many commas

If you mean the apostrophes, they're a stylistic choice. This is the toned-down version of the description; the original one had an apostrophe in front of every letter s.

Raspberry Pfft is a very immature little hatchling. Whenever someone speaks to him, he only ever responds by blowing a raspberry at them.

One day he blew a raspberry at Pillar MacCawber, after she caught him messing with her magic supplies. "Pfft" was his answer to her angry tirade, which only made her more irate.

One anger-fuelled spell saw Raspberry frozen as a hatchling forever.

Accept: aww, thats so sad. i like rude Golds... when they grow up.

Alas he chose to be rude to a Magi, and paid the price.

Sean is a survivor, having escaped "certain" death multiple times. He has been stabbed, shot with arrows, crushed by a rockslide after falling into a crater, and nearly decapitated. If it wasn't for the skills of the White dragons, and his own ability to make decoy heads from his vines, Sean would have died of his injuries a long time ago.

Because of all these experiences, he is very good at pretending to be dead. As a result he keeps being cast in the flock's plays as a character scripted to die. This has earned him the nickname "The Walking Spoiler", and it surprises everyone when he finishes a play without an elaborate death scene.

Accept: A very funny description! I really liked reading this one.

Accept: nice! maybe include some of his personality? c:

Thanks.

Strongclaw is very, very strongly attracted to shiny things. If he sees something glinting in the light, he just has to have it. Silly little notions like ownership don't matter to him, at least when things belong to other beings. He'll fight (almost) anyone to get their shinies away from them.

One of his most daring and impressive feats involved snatching a crown without harming the king who was wearing it at the time. That king's revenge has been stalled by the inaccessible nature of Strongclaw's lair, high on an unscaleable mountain peak.

For obvious reasons, Strongclaw does not get along with the Corvid sisters, the flock's Heartstealers. He's threatened to rend them limb from limb if he ever catches them taking from his hoard again. If he wants to give away parts of his hoard, and he frequently does, he will do it himself, without the aid of meddling little manifestations of holiday spirit.

Accept: Great work! ~

Thanks again biggrin.gif

Pennine is a mischievous little dragon, who often rearranges the belongings of her victims at the same time as she takes something from their hoards. Like the birds she is named for, Penny can't resist shiny things, and her borrowed gifts are usually of the sort that gleams in the sun.

This love of shiny objects often brings her into contention with Strongclaw, a male Golden Wyvern with a similar love for shinies. His greater strength and dire threats don't deter her from sneaking into his impressively large hoard to "liberate" some of the things he has hidden there.

She hopes one day he realises that she's leaving something every time she comes to visit. Penny didn't think expressing her own love would be this difficult.

No comment left on that, but the Random Rejecter struck on it.

Pillar MacCawber's egg was a gift to the flock from Delirium's Academy in the far-off land of Herktopia. She is very proud of being a seventh generation pure-bred Magi dragon, and she can sometimes be overly boastful of her ancestry.

This caused her some problems as a hatchling, and she would often get into fights with other dragons whom she'd belittled for their "common" parents or wild origins. As a result she spent a lot of time in "time out", which for magically-inclined breeds means being put next to whichever Cassare is willing to put up with them.

Luckily, Pillar is a lot more humble as an adult and she has accepted that all dragons in the flock are of equal worth, regardless of their lineage. She can often be found outside the hatchery, teaching magic to any hatchling who wants, or needs, to learn from her.

Accept: Good use of a Cassare dragonXD -Jash

Accept: 2nd paragraph 2nd sent- comman within quotation marks; 3rd para 1st sent- comma before and

Hmmm

Sociopathy is not a dragon who wakes up easily. He likes to wake slowly, to take his time in getting to his paws and facing the day. Waking him quickly is, in fact, rather hazardous to one's mental health, unless it is absolutely one-hundred-percent an emergency that only a Desipis can handle.

"Go bother Psychopathy," he'll tell you then, nudging you in his sister's direction with your sanity intact.

This morning sluggishness is his excuse for a lot of things that happen to him. Such as not noticing a human child sleeping on his paw for a good hour after waking. The sole survivor of a bandit raid (the bandits in question also being dead, courtesy of a passing Brute), she had been brought to the flock and sought shelter with the biggest dragon in sight.

Sociopathy found the girl's oblivious boldness amusing, and decided to keep her as a friend-slash-pet. Even now, after her death, he visits her grandchildren with gifts on a regular basis.

It's a pity those gifts are often dead bandits.

Accept: Charming! My Desipis girls are fascinated.

Heehee. I'm glad they like him.

This dragon, despite her dark appearance, considers herself a force for order in the Cave. She preys on wrongdoers, whether they have violated the laws laid down by the clans or her own personal code. Though small, she is surprisingly strong and aggressive and wins many of her battles simply by refusing to quit. "Meh, I can take her," is a common sentiment expressed by her targets, but it is also frequently their last words. She features heavily in Wildbow's story, Wyrm, and has struck up a surprising friendship with the Sunstone dragon.

Wildbow first met her when she was a small hatchling, practicing her stalking in the shady woods. He was wandering through the forest near his cave, when a small dark blur pounced on his tail. Surprised, he inquired as to the hatchling's name. She looked back at him, a serious expression on her face. "I am She Who Skitters in Shadows," she said, adding as an afterthought, "but you may call me Skitter."

Accept:

Accept: I know this reference!

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Are you the same person who left a comment on Shatterbird? Because you're awesome and I wish I knew who you were xd.png (Any other Worm/Parahumans fans on here?)

Gideon really, really like's his fruit's and vegetable's. He, therefore, assi'st's a human greengrocer in his market stall, acting as both security and sale'sdragon, in exchange for free ca'st-off's and damaged good's.

Unfortunately, this trader i's, like greengrocer's all over Gal'sreim, afflicted with a strange compul'sion to insert an apo'strophe in front of the letter "s" at random, whether it's use is correct or not. Thi's tic is apparently infectiou's, and Gideon was stricken with this de'sire within day's of beginning hi's job.

Gideon's newfound love of the 19th letter of the alphabet i's driving the more learned member's of the flock ab'solutely batty. He is frequently 'seen fleeing Megan's lecture's on the correct u'se of an apostrophe.

Abstain: fix the many commas

If you mean the apostrophes, they're a stylistic choice. This is the toned-down version of the description; the original one had an apostrophe in front of every letter s.

Ooh! Has he met Shalour the royal crimson? He's worse than Gideon. biggrin.gif

Shalour is the sole ro'yal crimson in his extended family who'se job is to keep records of individual dragon's, which include's coming up with his familys entrie's. He see's that as doing a sort of favor for them, since the re'st dont care about records (even his mate! such a s'hame). Like many other draconic writer's, he learn'd a human language so curiou's human's can understand what dragon's write abou't. He has a good gra'sp of almost every facet of that language - the one punctuation mark he cant wrap his head around is thi's vertical dash that keep's appearing in other text's and look's very nice. Its' called a posh trophy. The be'st Shalour can do is litter his' own writing with posh trophies and hope he's correct sometime's.

I can hardly imagine how angry I would be if I saw either of their work on signage.

Cunning. Swift. Deadly. About the size of a house cat.

CANDY RAPTOR.

Stalking slowly through the underbrush, rows of jagged fangs glistening in the dim light, red eyes pulled wide in anticipation of the kill.

CANDY RAPTOR.

The victim never even saw it coming. A happy hum, a chubby hand thrust into a bag of goodies, licorices and chocolates and wrapped sweets all clinking together. Then suddenly a pink flash, a blood chilling hiss, the fat child thrown to the ground and their treasure snatched in one fell swoop.

CANDY RAPTOR.

Off into the darkness it goes, the remnants of murdered caramel and crystallized sugars staining its filthy lips, the whole wiry body taut with menace. The hunt has been successful, but its hunger is not easily sated. It will kill again... and soon.

CANDY RAPTOR. The most fearsome predator in existence.

Accept: Now there's lemonade all over my monitor and keyboard - AJ

Accept:

Accept: Love it! Reminds me of a Velociraptor!

Ahaha, thank you both so much! I had a lot of fun writing it so I'm glad it was enjoyed X'D

On the only nameless dragon I own...

Nameless, he wanders. Voiceless, he walks. Lonesome, he treks. Silent, he cries. Grieving, he trudges slowly away...

Accept:

Accept: ahhhh poor guy

Accept: Poetic. I like it!

Accept: I shall be ur friend Unnamed, dont cry DD:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Coolio!

Accept:

I just keep giggling at the fourth one.

Thank you everyone, I totally had no idea what to write for my nameless dragon!

On my first and favorite thunder...

Tonitrua is known for his incredible ability to harmonize with thunder and lightning, earning him the name of "Stormsinger" which was later added to his actual name, thus, creating Tonitrua Stormsinger. He was a kind and noble dragon, always helping, always caring, unless attacked. Then he would transform into a raging monster. All feared him, and yet all loved him. Then one day, the mother of a son that he had saved from starving gave him the Eye of Onyx, one of the most powerful jewels on the planet. It corrupted him. He had been trained under the strict rule of the highest fighting dragon, making him one of the most dangerous dragons in the land. All that bored him, all that cursed him, were utterly destroyed by the power of the Eye of Onyx. Then one unremarkable day, he dropped the eye on the ground, smashing it to pieces. Suddenly, like having a veil lifted off his eyes, he could see the destruction that he had created. He had no place. So he went away...

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: The end seems a bit out of place compared to the rest of the piece.

Accept:

Erm, how so? I thought the transition was pretty smooth. One day, something happened.

On a rather bratty Bronze Tinsel

Bronze Medal's Joy is a very boastful dragon. He revels in the attention he gets for being a Tinsel, and he almost never speaks of anyone other than himself. He hates being ignored, and sometimes, to avoid this, will burst into a gathering with no warning. "Even bad attention is good." is his motto, he does not care if dragons look upon him with adoration or hatred, as long as they look at him and his bronze scales.

Accept: No such thing as bad publicity with this guy... -DT

Accept:

Accept:

NOPE!

I was in Online News and reading about Al Neuharth so....

Al Neuharth's real name is Allison Neuharth, but no one likes to call her that, so everyone calls her Al. She loves to write descriptions and biographies for her fellow dragons, She is known for writing local news stories about dragons in her cave, and on occasion wins awards. She created a news foundation named "Galsriem Today" for all the news-loving dragons to unite, read, and write news stories for all of Valkemere to read.

I don't think anyone gets it. Al Neuharth was the founder of USA Today *halfway geekish sigh*

Half of the sappiest pair I have ever written about.

Flirren is relatively dull-scaled, compared to his ancestors. He is constantly told that he is a worthless shimmer scale, and inside, he knows it. The only dragon who looks past his dull scales and actually loves him was Shakara Goldberry, a beautiful golden shimmer scale who doesn't care if he's shiny or dull. She tells him that she's glad he's dull, otherwise she wouldn't have gotten to know the kindest, most loving dragon she's ever met, and then Flirren doesn't feel so worthless anymore.

My other half was ridden with typos and grammar mistakes, so I'll post it when done.

My one heartseeker.

Charming Chocolate Prince has struck the heart of many a female dragon, what with his proud wings and grand stature, but he secretly rues the attention and feels very lonely. He has yet to find one that cares for him and not his looks. Every day as he walks the weather-beaten path to his sweet little cottage in the woods, he dreams he finds the dragon of his dreams, but that only makes it hurt more when he wakes up...

Accept: Awww poor thing! ~T

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Aww, glad these people appreciate it!

My sweetling

Peripinkle's full name is Peripinkle Dream Sweetheart, but all of his friends find that to be a mouthful, so he just goes by Peripinkle. He loves to participate in tree gliding, where dragons swing from branch to branch from their tail so quickly, it looks to bystanders that they simply glide through the trees. Peripinkle has one of the most supple and long tails, giving him an advantage. His mate, Pinkabeebee is not a Sweetling, and cannot participate, but always greets him with open wings as he crosses the finish vine.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Meh. Well, Its good that they like it.

And yes, I did get the idea of tree gliding from wings of fire.

Those are my favorites, but they haven't been approved of yet.

Edited by EmmaD333

Lucy was surprised to see a huge, green beast saunter to her camp and speak: "I'm Dimar's Warrior. And you are my owner." The human tapped her head to make sure her brain was functioning. Dragons don't interact with humans often, much less ask them to be "owners". He continued, "As my owner, you can make me do stuff. What you want. I hunt not-humans, don't worry." Lucy disobeyed not worrying as Dimar's Warrior went on a ramble about lineages. She had a hard time grasping the concept and the words he was using. She didn't even know what "caveborn" was, but she was sweating profusely and didn't dare question the dragon before her. Dimar's Warrior then talked about his once-a-week "breeding program" and his interest for only speckle-throated partners. He didn't seem to notice Lucy's face turning ash-white as he explained his lovemaking habits in detail. Finally, satisfied with his speech, he bowed awkwardly and trundled away. Lucy is the owner of a dragon, and she doesn't know what to do.

Abstain: dragon comunicates by mind!

He does. He's moving his neurons, not his mouth. tongue.gif

He does. He's moving his neurons, not his mouth. tongue.gif

That is by far one of the most entertaining descriptions I have ever read.

I hate it when people assume that you mean something that you don't, in this case that he's speaking with his mouth.

Just going through some of my unmoderated descriptions, looking for comments. Here's some.

Accept: Wow. (Snicker)

Yeah, I wrote that one because the thought of fireball burps was amusing. I'm glad someone else finds it funny.

I believe that's my comment. I remember reading that description. Who wouldn't find the idea of fireball burps funny?! laugh.gif

On the only nameless dragon I own...

Accept:

Accept: ahhhh poor guy

Accept: Poetic. I like it!

Accept: I shall be ur friend Unnamed, dont cry DD:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Coolio!

Accept:

I just keep giggling at the fourth one.

Thank you everyone, I totally had no idea what to write for my nameless dragon!

On my first and favorite thunder...

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: The end seems a bit out of place compared to the rest of the piece.

Accept:

Erm, how so? I thought the transition was pretty smooth. One day, something happened.

On a rather bratty Bronze Tinsel

Accept: No such thing as bad publicity with this guy... -DT

Accept:

Accept:

NOPE!

I was in Online News and reading about Al Neuharth so....

I don't think anyone gets it. Al Neuharth was the founder of USA Today *halfway geekish sigh*

Half of the sappiest pair I have ever written about.

My other half was ridden with typos and grammar mistakes, so I'll post it when done.

My one heartseeker.

Accept: Awww poor thing! ~T

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Aww, glad these people appreciate it!

My sweetling

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Meh. Well, Its good that they like it.

And yes, I did get the idea of tree gliding from wings of fire.

Those are my favorites, but they haven't been approved of yet.

I remember Your descriptions, I really loved them all smile.gif

Anagallis caerulea is an oyster, and he hangs out and lives with a band of desert breeds who are also oysters. Everyone calls him K because "caerulea" is long and hard to spell. When the local humans and dragons (and perhaps other species) least expect an attack, the oysters sneak in, swipe a bunch of stuff that isn't under close watch or nailed down, and flee to safety, often without anyone else in the know. Aside from holding the stolen goods, the dragons travel light and never spend more than a week in the same area. Occasionally, the oysters stop for a while and perform a larger theft. K, in this instance, is one of the "mills": he pretends he isn't with the group - easy when most are turpentines - and distracts people or looks out for his band as they carry out their plan. There's about one "mill" per five "verters" in each heist, and K always opts to be the former. When asked why K and his friends are called oysters, he says matter-of-factly, "We're oysters. We 'oist".

Reject:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Is that one of the regular reason-less rejectors, or is it because I called him an oyster? cool.gif

Peridot is a cold-hearted dragon of intellect who is also a member of a small group of Gemshards called "The Homeworld Gems". She was named after the gemstone of the same name and owns a mana-enriched peridot that supposedly enhances her abilities. Peridot spends most of her time tinkering and creating odd, yet somewhat advanced and dangerous contraptions. Unfortunately for her, these are always messed with by some certain dragons despite her telling them to not touch anything.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Love it, is it a Steven Universe Reference? Otherwise just ignore me xd.png

Yes, yes it it. cool.gif

I'm glad someone got the reference. My other 2 'Homeworld Gem' dragons just have a bunch of commentless accepts. laugh.gif

I have one description that has actually gotten a comment along with every accept! I have a Brute with the code ClBrI, and when I saw that, I just had to name him Colonel Brutai. Since I have a couple members of "TJ's mint army" on my scroll, this in turn inspired the following description:

A very strange Brute dragon indeed; Colonel Brutai likes to hang around Mints! He likes Mints so much, in fact, he has joined the Mint army, to have all the more Mints to be with! He's even gained a rank as a member of the Mint army! Since his mistress has only a couple Mints, he often visits her sister's territory to be with the many Mints owned by her. It's quite a sight, a great hulking dragon with dozens of much smaller green lizard-like reptiles at his feet! Other Brutes laugh at him, but he doesn't care; he's happy!

•Accept: Aww, cute!

•Accept: Very descriptive and unique

•Accept: Pffft. Quite an imagination you have there.

•Accept: YAY!

Edited by Knuckerbearer

I have around 25 pending descriptions at the moment, and only two comments that were not pointing out errors. I love this latest one though! Since the comment refers to the description of both the father and son, I'll put both here.

Stormfrost Intenta-Dorkface is the son of the elders Dewfrost Intenta-Dorkface and Alexis Veda, and is an elder in his own right. He is a softly spoken, and rather small and lightly boned for a male white dragon. He is well known for his delicate, steady movements. His steady handwork has allowed him to perform invasive surgeries that other white dragons find too fiddly for their hands and thus can not perform. His healing magic is also very advanced, due to his youth spent traveling the world studying under white dragon healing masters.

His mate is the Magi dragon Tumerik Enigma. While he loves his mate he has never been particularly fatherly, and as Tumerik also lacks much maternal instinct, they chose not to raise any of their children. Only one child of theirs remains in the clan, a son named Flashfrost Intenta-Dorkface, who was raised by his aunt.

Stormfrost was given his name due to the storm that was raging outside when he hatched.

Accept:

Flashfrost Intenta-Dorkface is the son of Stormfrost Intenta-Dorkface and Tumerik Enigma, although he was raised by his aunt Diana Intenta-Dorkface and her mate Delvoth Stronghunt. His relationship with his birth parents is rather strained, as they still have no real interest in treating him as their son, and he is angered by this.

As a hatchling Flashfrost thought that perhaps if he was a hatchling forever his parents would love him, so he searched the clan's library for "freezing" magic. He stumbled upon not the magic to stop the growth of hatchlings, but ice magic. He eventually figured out that it was the wrong magic, but by this time he had grown to love wielding ice and snow magic, so continued to learn it.

His final attempt to gain his parents approval came as a young adult. He showed them his growing power over the element of ice, but when they were unimpressed he flew into a rage. His rampage over the countryside left swathes of land under deep freeze for weeks.

Accept:

Accept: Haha whaddya know, I just read his father's description not two minutes ago. xd.png It's a sad description, but very well-written.

Thank you! Its so nice to see a comment!

A while back in the 'Funniest Dragon Name on the Scroll Above You' thread in Forum Games someone pointed out that one of my dragon's names reminded them of a certain song and though I didn't originally have the song in mind when I named her I felt I needed to describe her accordingly:

Once upon a time when she was small, this dragoness was known by another name. What that name was, nobody can recall, because everything changed when a travelling bard introduced her to the music of Spritney Bears. Since that day, she keeps singing one particular tune over and over and over again, so much so that her cavemates simply started referring to her by the title of the song. Surprisingly her habit of bursting into song actually is helpful when hunting as the prey usually runs from her (not so great) singing and into the waiting claws of one of the more skilled hunters.

User Comments

•Accept: I'm not reading the rest of this for fear I get a song stuck in my head but I'm accepting don'tthinkaboutitdon'tthinkaboutit -DT

•Accept: This is funny stuff!

•Accept: Haha nice!

•Accept:

•Reject:

Sorry, Dirtytabs. *evil chuckle*

This one's code influenced his description and I just ran with it XD :

At night, this Moonstone dragon is often found searching for a 'why fhy signal' (Whatever that is, no one else in his cave has ever gotten an answer from him when they ask.) using a strange paw-held device of his own invention and muttering about "Having no bars". He claims that this device connects him to things called "Headtome" and "Flitter", and again, no one else is quite sure what those are. He has a strange speech impediment where he prefaces the beginning of a sentence with the word 'hashtag' such as "Hashtag I'm going out flying. Hashtag It's gonna be fun." This idiosyncracy is very irritating to some and as a result Moonlightwind doesn't have a lot of friends, but he does have a caring and loving Shallow Water mate who shares his obsession.

User Comments

•Accept: Pfffffft! I love "Headtome"!

•Accept:

•Accept: This is amazing.

Tried to come up with a DC-substitute for 'Facebook'. lol Glad you liked it

And here's his mate's description, but hers doesn't have any comments yet:

Like her Moonstone mate, this Shallow Water dragoness has an odd fixation with something called 'why fhy'. She often carries an object similar to Moonlightwind's, which she says is for 'taking mesies' and 'sharing them on Rapidscroll'. Sharing her mate's 'hashtag' quirk, she also chatters on about 'filters' and 'likes'. Needless to say, the more sensible dragons in the cave give the strange pair a wide berth.

This Chicken has one goal.This goal is to rule the world.One day, this chicken hopes to rise up among others, ruling with an iron beak, clucking fiercely at the moon. With every step this evil creature takes, Dragons cower in fear, begging for mercy. And now...we wait for our end...Death By Chicken.

This is my Chickens description X'D no comments yet.

Here is my lovely Nebula and her mate, Dalaigh.

Lulaya:

Lulaya, or Lula, is somewhat different. She is mute, so no roaring or intimidation for her.She has very good hearing as well as tracking, meaning she can hear, and find, even the smallest of things, like a worm moving 5 feet under.She seems to have the ability to befriend even the most aggressive of dragons, making her somewhat popular, though sometimes she prefers being alone, or with her mate, Dalaigh.As a hatchling, she was abducted from her cave by 'caretakers', being beaten and scarred. It took only a few weeks for her new owner to steal her back so-to-speak, nursing her back to health.The two, three counting Dalaigh, love to look at the stars. Sometimes she can be seen with her owner on her back, with or without her mate, flying through the night sky.

Comment:Abstain: "Daleigh. As" "caretakers and was beaten" (they're not kidnapping her and hitting her at the same time, are they?) "health. The" Omit the extra bit. No one will know, anyway. -DT

I'm not sure what the group of random letters is, it always appears, though. I didn't realize it was unclear, but caretakers as in, caretakers before me, so-to-speak.

Dalaigh:

Despite his breed, Dalaigh acts dead..in a way. The only emotion he shows is towards his beloved mate, Lulaya.If he lost her, he would fall into either a depression, or a rage that would destroy his owners cave, and everything in it.When not with Lula, he is dead-pan, heartless, cold-hearted, just overall a killjoy without his owner or his mate. He is only somewhat calm when with Lulaya or his owner.

Comment:Reject: Remove that last sentence. Who needs to know? "Lulaya. If" "depression or" "owner's cave and" Remove "When not with Lula" -DT

I'm going to be honest, I'm unsure who DT is, and I can 'proudly' say I don't take criticism well from..I won't get into it, but I am unsure as to who this is or what part of the story they are referring to..

Edited by NoraNora

Dalaigh:

Despite his breed, Dalaigh acts dead..in a way. The only emotion he shows is towards his beloved mate, Lulaya.If he lost her, he would fall into either a depression, or a rage that would destroy his owners cave, and everything in it.When not with Lula, he is dead-pan, heartless, cold-hearted, just overall a killjoy without his owner or his mate. He is only somewhat calm when with Lulaya or his owner.

Comment:Reject: Remove that last sentence. Who needs to know? "Lulaya. If" "depression or" "owner's cave and" Remove "When not with Lula" -DT

I believe they are suggesting a change to this:

Despite his breed, Dalaigh acts dead..in a way. The only emotion he shows is towards his beloved mate, Lulaya. If he lost her, he would fall into either a depression or a rage that would destroy his owner's cave, and everything in it. He is dead-pan, heartless, cold-hearted, just overall a killjoy without his owner or his mate.

I agree with their grammar fixes (watch your spacing! There needs to be one space in between every sentence) - and dead-pan is deadpan in AE, and there should be an "and" between cold-hearted and just - but I think your comments on how Dalaigh is around Lulaya are fine. =3