Dr. Paine

Description comments

I would but she might know already.

Yes I meant has not as, and her name is A golden treasure worth keeping or you could call her Treasure, it's shorter.

Psst, it's "A diamond skull" not "an diamond skull" smile.gif

Invalidation isn't a shining example of an avatar of destruction. Sure, that is her job description, and she leaves smoldering footsteps in her wake on a regular basis, but she feels only places that "deserve" it should be destroyed. After coming across a pair of graves making a food surplus, i.e. burning down a forest, she watched the charred, smoking landscape until sundown and decided that maybe she'll do some replanting in this area only. Invalidation doesn't have a green thumb - in fact, it's sometimes literally on fire - but she does her best. Every day, she returns to the site and plants seeds and saplings (someone's gotta do it). There's a large patch of soil just for temperate and subtropical flowers: poppies, hyacinths, daisies, magnolias... it's a clumsy motley. Invalidation has been collecting seeds and leaving a bare patch for next season, when she hopes to plant some pretty pink-and-purple flowers. She's planning for the fuchsia.

Accept: ...oh my god. ASDLJKDGF I should have known it was all for a pun. ~D

Accept: Nice, but the species name should be in caps, and the last word is 'future'

I aim to please, Dimar. biggrin.gif Second comment, DC itself is inconsistent with whether or not to capitalize names:

turpentine dragon

Nebula dragon

Royal Blue dragon

Royal Crimson Dragon

Shimmer-scale Dragon

Yellow-Crowned Dragon

Red-finned Tidal Dragon

Black Capped Teimarr

two headed dragon

Two-headed Lindwurm

Carmine Wyvern

Nhiostrife wyvern

pygmy dragon

Dark Myst Pygmy

Howler Drake

Day Glory drake

I like consistency, so I write each species in lowercase for minimal confusion. That includes the avatars. I don't see them as any more special than reds or cassares.

A golden treasure worth keeping, or just Treasure, has an unusual habit of biting people who do not respect her. She loves rainbow coloured gems or gold in a sphere. She has a diamond skull which she is very protective of.

A comment from Treasure's description

Accept: What kind of skull?

A human skull, it is from a poacher. I didn't want to put that because I thought it would little creepy.

Edited by Nightwatcher

I AM a Piece of Bread:

This dragon truly believes that she is a piece of bread. While a certain Ochredrake that lives in the same cave tells her she cannot possibly be a piece of bread, she disagrees, stating that "My dad's name is Toasted Grammar, I must be a piece of toast! And toast is bread!" She would give the same arguement every time. And, unlike said Ochredrake, no one tries to eat her. She also has no sense of grammar.

Accept: uuuh ok....

Hehe. I love confusing people.

I thought that name "Toasted Grammar" was familiar...her parents are my dragons!  laugh.gif Thanks for describing (and naming) their offspring!

Huh. Interesting. Anyway:

Unawesomely Red:

"Oh no, not again." GDIA weeped for the poor red hatchling. The older nebula had told her to look for the blue nebulae, so she didn't suffer the same fate as him. But the shine of flaming stars across her wings were already spreading.

Unawesome sulks when DSL is near. The only dragon she can stand being near is GDIA, because they share their fate of being eternally hated by DSL for "alting". Similarly, GDIA can only ever be near Unawesome before even speaking.

Accept: *sympathizes* The blue ones are so pretty... I think it should be "wept" rather than "weeped" though, and "was already spreading". ~Storm

Fixed. Also, the blue ones are pretty. That's why they hate me. >.>

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

On this description:

Glib Quip lives up to his name. He is constantly responding to others by trying to embarrass them or laugh at their thoughts or ideas. He only listens to others in order to have an opportunity to make them feel or look foolish by making "glib quips" at their expense.

I got this comment:

Accept: Hi Raindear! I approve this description.

I just hope they see this so I can say, "Hi, anonymous reviewer and thanks!" xd.png

Many believed her kind brought luck--including herself. Affectionate and energetic, she charged herself with giving good fortune to heroes about to embark on dangerous quests, until the greatest task of all appeared before her. Asmodeus, the Dread Emperor, was a dragon and sorcerer both who had lost his mate to human attack. Driven insane, he had begun a reign of cruelty shortly after--one she was determined to stop. Trusting in her own luck, she confronted the emperor head on, and lost.

She became an example of disobedience. Broken-winged and maimed she was made Asmodeus' consort and toy both. She suffered until, having grown weary of her, he freed her in a land populated by monsters as a show of mock mercy.

Yet she met a different fate.

A bronze dragon with a gruff demeanor but soft heart found her and took her in, serving as guardian and companion both. Under his care she slowly began to recover, and to fall in love... although she feared her feelings would never be returned.

User Comments

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: You could make a fanfic on this.

Ha, thanks for whoever left this one! Some of the characters in question (ok, well, maybe just the bad guy xd.png) are based off characters from a more serious non-DC story of mine, so I'm glad the premise seemed promising!

It has been said that when Comettail Whiskers was born, the planetary bodies were positioned in a rare alignment.  The synchronization of this occurrence with Comettail Whisker's birth resulted in the Nebula dragon being blessed with the rare gift of being a true Astrology Seer.  However, those who come to hear of her gift are often shocked when they first meet her face-to-face.  While many dragons instinctively visualize a wizened, deeply philosophical dragon when they hear the title of Astrology Seer, Comettail Whiskers is as far from that idealized representation as possible.  In actuality, she is filled with childlike innocence and wonder.  It's a common occurrence to find her tickling her own nose with the tip of her tail, which incidentally was what inspired her full name, as this act often gives her the appearance of having whiskers. It was Comettail Whiskers who foresaw the need for Elemental Trinity to father three 'heirs' with dragons that best represented the core elements.

User Comments

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

Accept:

Accept:

Reject: What is an Astrology Seer? It should be explained; as of now, there is no explanation what this means. Also, it may be overpowering the dragon too much, but as I don't know what it means, I can't say.

Accept:

Accept:

I sorta thought it was self-explanatory. It's someone who can see the future through the movement of the stars and planets with complete accuracy.

My name is Cookie was named for her love of making cookies. She often gives them to the guests who come for Have Some Tea's tea. One time, she felt really sorry for a person who didn't have any orange coppers, and only one brown copper, so she mated with ShineyFly to give the poor person an egg. Since then, she saw Have Some Tea and fell in love with him. He is now her mate for life. She likes people who are observant, and together with Have Some Tea she often rewards them with eggs.

Accept: OK smile.gif - H

Accept: Nice

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Interesting. ~Lev

Accept: Aww, nice description! smile.gif ~G

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Nice Description ~brair

Reject: First person is NOT acceptable, as per the rules on Dragcave forums.

Accept: Nice. smile.gif ~D

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Umm... forgive me if I'm wrong, English IS my second language, but where is there first person in that? (apart from her name, obviously, but that's just what she's called)

Edit: for those interested, this is Have Some Tea's description and comments:

Have Some Tea is actually very good at making tea. He also likes sharing it, so he often invites friends over to his cave. One of his favourite types is Rose-hip tea. He likes people who pay attention to details and enjoys puzzles where the answer is right there, you just have to find it. His mate for life is My name is Cookie who shares his views on attentive people. Together, they often reward these people with eggs. My name is Cookie is an excellent cook and she often makes cookies to serve with his tea.

Accept:

Accept:

Abstain: people? or do you mean dragons?

Accept:

Accept: *sips tea* thank you, lovely dragon

Accept:

Accept: Hmm, I just ran out of Earl Grey so I would like some of his tea please. :3 ~D

Accept: Cool! -

Accept:

(no, I do in fact mean people)

Edited by MessengerDragon

I don't see first person at all in the first description, I'm guessing the note about first person was just seeing the word my. When you review a lot you sometimes find yourself skiming descriptions for rule breaking and if you do you may see the My and go 'instant reject'. Its just a case of not reading the whole thing.

@Data Girl I can pick up what you mean from the description alone but it wouldn't hurt to add some form of description of what the power is. It may also be over powering a touch (I'd recomend if you have the space to note that sometimes the planets/stars don't mean anything) or some such limiting measure. But if you're low on characters or don't want to edit it I don't see a reason why it shouldn't go through.

Edited by brairtrainer

So I went from "GAHHH SO MANY NICE COMMENTS WISH COULD RESPOND ALL" to "LET'S FIXATE ON LIKE THE ONE NEGATIVE IN THE BUNCH" but hey I wanted to explain myself so OTL

(pssst still major thanks and love to everyone who leaves nice comments, it means the world to me! <3)

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Yli7X

edited to lineage link - ruby

A king among kings, Apeiron is proud, intelligent, and regal--and also male, despite what rumors of his beauty and grace have suggested to some. King of the Realm of Light, he and his country are a reflection of one another; orderly, just, honest. There is a harmony and a cleanliness there that he has long struggled hard to preserve. For while most appreciate his work, the neighboring country--the Realm of Dark--celebrates disorder and filth, leading to no amount of tensions and conflict between the two. Of course, those disputes have taken something of a backseat lately, as rumors of a far deadlier foe--a living shadow of corrupted magic known simply as the "Abominable Wave"--begin to surface from the east...

Reject: Why on earth would you give a female a male name? Much less the description of one.

Welllll I'm working on a poetry lineage and with the way the lines ended up breaking I got a male queen and a female king. I'd done one other 'oops this dragon is really an x' description before when I accidentally froze a dragon I thought was a female and described it as such (only to find out it was a boy over a year later!), so I figured I'd just do it again, especially since with sunsongs and luminas there really is no gender difference beyond the obvious different sprite poses. S-So that's why! >:

Edited by rubyshoes

I would like to add, if the reviewer who left that reject happens to see this, that female kings are not an unknown thing in fiction or in real life, for various reasons. Apologies for the TVTropes link, but I could seem to find an equivalent wikipedia page.

Apologies for the TVTropes link

Oh god TV Tropes. My tiiiiime... it's all gone... biggrin.gif

Official Science Hat is an Official Science Hat. Whenever there is a larger creature that looks like it's deep in thought, she sits down on its head like a hat, whether or not she's welcome. It's a surprise she's managed to survive so long without getting attacked and eaten.

Accept: But does she help do the science?

Accept: So THAT'S why I've always got a frozen Avatar on my head!

That is a mystery for the ages, dear reader. wink.gif

Edited by dirtytabs

Shakespeare the worded storm, or Shakespeare for short, loves books from a famous playwright and speaks in playwright style. By giving him a play or in that style books you can get him to cooperate with you. He spends most of the time in his cave until the evening and he is one of the bravest of storm dragons.

Reject: *playwright**style. By giving him a play o book in that style you* smile.gif-H

I have corrected most things but I don't get the 'play o book' bit.

She means that instead of:

By giving him a play or in that style books you can get him to cooperate with you.

You should say:

By giving him a play or book in that style you can get him to cooperate with you.

She just typo'ed the "or", because Herk makes an ungodly number of typos. x3

You should say:

Oh, I go correct it now.

You should say:

/me hangs her head in shame

Indeed I do - sorry sad.gif

I browsed through some of my old descriptions today that are still pending review since… last year, I believe? :B

I fixed a typo for my Vampire dragon's description and his name, thanks to a helpful comment from one of the reviewers.

Don't lose hope or faith, reviewers! There are people out there who read and take note of your comments. smile.gif

Goof Off likes to walk into unguarded storage areas and tunnel into loaves of bread, living off a single loaf for a couple of days. She doesn't seem capable of hunting, flying properly, or staying out of danger, so the kinder humans just hand her some bread. The dragons observe that her intellect is below the average drake's, and she has a genetic disorder or two that results from inbreeding. No one has complete records of her lineage, so they can't say where the afflictions came from for certain. Meanwhile, Goof Off happily does whatever she wants, being in bread.

Accept: I really, really, REALLY should have seen that coming (considering I have a Harvest carrying the title Miss Pure-Bread) -H

Accept:

Accept: Ha ha, that's funny.

Herk, I'm glad you mentioned the dragon's species, 'cause I went looking for her. biggrin.gif

On a White:

Hailing from an oasis deep in the desert, Isari loves to surround herself with objects that remind her of her home. Her hoard contains many objects that either resemble or come from that part of the world, and she treasures each and every one. But what she is most proud of is her cave itself. She has hung multicolored swags from across the walls and in between stalactites in a stlye that mirrors her personal fashion choices (she often wears bright scarves and other bangles) creating a vibrant, foreign atmosphere. The curtains cover virtually all of the bare stone, and new ones are being hung constantly -- her clanmates have often joked that a whole city of humans has gone nude for the sake of her near thousand fabric swags.

Comments:

Accept: AHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm so glad you wrote this. (Psst, typo'ed "style"). ~D

Accept:

Accept:

(In Descripdoom, someone saying "999 swag" leads to laughter and "That's a lot of curtains!" comments. So this was the result of one such discussion. xd.png)

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Enterprise Ewigkeit was named after a great magic machine made by a magician called Enterprise, for his unique "hobby" of teleporting strange things, well, something like that. Despite from his fellow Spock Ewigkeit thinks too much about what to teleport, Enterprise teleports almost everything awaiting to be transported without thinking, which indeed brings troubles. For instance, he once teleported a strange little dragon tagged " Dr. Wondertaiment co.", which was really weird and drove other dragons crazy as if it contained some kind of meme. It took the elderly of the Ewigkeit family weeks to make everything back to schedule. He got his punishment and was sent to Special Cooperation Project Training Centre to learn what he should do. He didn't change much, but at least his ability of not being affected by meme has been found.

Accept:

Accept: Did you purposely leave the "n" out of "Wondertainment"? And this is perhaps the first explicitly SCP-like description that I have seen. Nice! ~D

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Someone actually know it! I am happy that someone could find it out cool.gif

I didn't notice that there was a spelling mistake... But, hey, maybe just let it be so that is like the foundation but not exactly the foundation, or maybe an ancient version of Dr. Wondertainment.tongue.gif

I didn't notice that there was a spelling mistake... But, hey, maybe just let it be so that is like the foundation but not exactly the foundation, or maybe an ancient version of Dr. Wondertainment.tongue.gif

Hehe, that works! I actually considered if the misspelling was on purpose like that, so that the name isn't taken exactly from the SCP lore (which is probably better, anyway). Hence my curiosity. wink.gif

Near Thousand Fabric Swags would be a great band name, by the way.

Well I'm at 135 descriptions in the queue so I can't really share all the comments.

But I had to answer to this one:

Korvu has a very strong sense of property and he is stubborn as hell. If someone created something that item belongs to his creator. And no amount of exchanging small metal coins or jewels will change that. Korvu often discovers swords, carriages, trunks, clothes, jewellery, and miscellaneous other stuff carried by people other than their rightful owner and does his best to right these wrongs. So more often than not Korvu can be found with his paws full of clothes and weapons, searching for their creators to give them back.

Mere moments after hitting the queue Korvu got:

Abstain: jewelry and I'm not sure if 'hel' is allowed.

Reject: You should not say h-ll

Dear first reviewer - it's called British spelling it's as (if not more) correct as (than) AE smile.gif

Dear both reviewers "hell" isn't censored on the forums so I respectfully disagree with you and will say it as often as I think is necessary/appropriate...