2019-04-21 - Festival Of Eggs Begins!

10 minutes ago, Daiyachiri said:

Guess I'll follow :D 

This one is my egg :  1ab7pir.gif

It's a feesh.

In a feeshbowl.

Yes.

Love the feesh!

Well, here we go t0umru.png this is my egg!

The little alien is Giegue, the main antagonist in the 1989 NES game Mother, localized to the west as EarthBound Beginnings. You might have heard of its sequel, EarthBound, released in 1995 for the SNES. The egg is supposed to be an earth, like the Mother series logo. I was going to make it look exactly like the logo, but I didn't want to run into plagiarism issues.

Giygas_In-Battle_Mother.png This is Giegue as he appears in Mother

Mother_boxart.png  And this is the Mother logo.

I chose to do this egg because Mother/EarthBound is a very beloved and important series to me, and due to 2/3 of it only releasing in Japanese for a long time, is very unheard of. If you like JRPGs I implore you to give the series a go.

The Eggs are fantastic this year!  I hope at the end we can have a list of the inspiration for each--wow, I don't get half of them!  But they're very cool, great animations, and some really funny ones!

26 minutes ago, Daiyachiri said:

Guess I'll follow :D 

This one is my egg :  1ab7pir.gif

It's a feesh.

In a feeshbowl.

Yes.

The feesh should have a name!  \(°o°)/

Spoiler

13sjzy7.png

AAAAAAAH! Yes! I love this one! I am such a big fan of this movie! It is my favourite animated film ever. ❤️ 

1 minute ago, DragonNeko said:

Does the event end tonight?

Tuesday, as far as I know.

25 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Love the feesh!

Thank you ! :D

9 minutes ago, Safira20897 said:

The feesh should have a name!  \(°o°)/

6 minutes ago, Arkee said:

Can we name the feesh Potato? Potatoes are very good.

Yes. Let's call him Potato 😂

That ain't no chicken; it has EARS.

42 minutes ago, Daiyachiri said:

1ab7pir.gif

It's a feesh.

In a feeshbowl.

I'm disappointed there isn't any broccoli in there, because of @Feesh's Broccoli eNDeavors.

Actually, broccoli doesn't grow underwater very well.  I'm only slightly disappointed.

I made the Stargate egg and it is the first sprite thing I have ever made ! I'm glad people like it and even noticed the replicator! I was afraid I had made it too small.

Stargate Egg (1).gif

12 minutes ago, littleblackdog said:

Hmm...wonder which is my favorite egg?  Perhaps the golden chicken?!  It's amazing!

goldenchicken.gif

I really like this one, too! :D

Oh since we're doing this, I shall join in too!

This is my egg: PkkVmoC.gif

It's the top 1/3rd of the SCP Foundation logo.

6fIZtcg.png

I didn't want to make the full logo because part of me felt that would be too obvious.

@Articray Oh, Awesome, I love that! I actually started to make one with the full logo ( 545821789_eggscp.png.bba1a8f494246c7308ae384a4d532600.png ), but stopped after it was limited to one egg per person! I'm glad the SCP Foundation got representation in the event, and with such a beautiful egg, too! 

8 minutes ago, Articray said:

Oh since we're doing this, I shall join in too!

This is my egg: PkkVmoC.gif

It's the top 1/3rd of the SCP Foundation logo.

6fIZtcg.png

I didn't want to make the full logo because part of me felt that would be too obvious.

Woo, that's awesome! I didn't even notice there was a SCP egg :D

43 minutes ago, Arkee said:

Tuesday, as far as I know.

Thanks. I don't have to worry so much about not getting them all now lol

3 minutes ago, Aqub said:

@Articray Oh, Awesome, I love that! I actually started to make one with the full logo ( 545821789_eggscp.png.bba1a8f494246c7308ae384a4d532600.png ), but stopped after it was limited to one egg per person! I'm glad the SCP Foundation got representation in the event, and with such a beautiful egg, too! 

I may have a small obsession.

But yeah, other designs I considered were Epsilon-11 and our glorious cap'n crunch AKA lord nut AKA SCP-173.

unknown.png unknown.png

Sorry I tried searching for the originals but turns out I only have screenshots of them WIPs :(

I like your design too though! The reference is certainly much more visible and clearer than mine.

Oh we are explaining eggs? dd55pl8-dcdbab43-c2e9-4045-ac01-607184d3 I've mentioned this already but mine is a reference to Detroit: Become Human. It's the back of Connor's jacket, including the android identifier triangle.

tumblr_p9b5s8ILW81qghhn8o2_640.gif.4178d3c2d8fe6ffd6fbc6c6548fdca10.gif

I'm not the greatest spriter and mine's pretty simple but I'm happy I could participate!

47 minutes ago, littleblackdog said:

Hmm...wonder which is my favorite egg?  Perhaps the golden chicken?!  It's amazing!

goldenchicken.gif

I wonder why you would like that one. XD

I like it too. It is so well done.

Egg explaining? ....eggsplaining? :'D

pl9f05.png

This is my egg! It is the Smash Ball item from Super Smash Bros Brawl, Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS and Smash Ultimate!

250px-SSBUSmashBall.png

And here's how it started - a LOT of colours and semi-transparent bits got nixed but I was really pleased with the sprite at first so I gotta share1969236367_SMASHEGG.png.09e450f753688c1a4871f3a6dfe40f21.png

Edited by Redquaza