TJ09

2019-04-21 - Festival Of Eggs Begins!

1 hour ago, Starbit-Plushie said:

Well, here we go t0umru.png this is my egg!

The little alien is Giegue, the main antagonist in the 1989 NES game Mother, localized to the west as EarthBound Beginnings. You might have heard of its sequel, EarthBound, released in 1995 for the SNES. The egg is supposed to be an earth, like the Mother series logo. I was going to make it look exactly like the logo, but I didn't want to run into plagiarism issues.

Giygas_In-Battle_Mother.png This is Giegue as he appears in Mother

Mother_boxart.png  And this is the Mother logo.

I chose to do this egg because Mother/EarthBound is a very beloved and important series to me, and due to 2/3 of it only releasing in Japanese for a long time, is very unheard of. If you like JRPGs I implore you to give the series a go.

@Starbit-Plushie MOTHER REP!! I wrote this in a post earlier in the thread, but I was actually considering doing the Egg of Light from Mother 3 as my submission - it's awesome to see some love for Mother out there and on the site after all! I've been waiting so patiently to find your egg but haven't come across it yet, this one egg is motivating me to keep searching for all of them.

3 minutes ago, Redquaza said:

Egg explaining? ....eggsplaining? :'D

pl9f05.png

This is my egg! It is the Smash Ball item from Super Smash Bros Brawl and onwards!

250px-SSBUSmashBall.png

And here's how it started - a LOT of colours and semi-transparent bits got nixed but I was really pleased with the sprite at first so I gotta share1969236367_SMASHEGG.png.09e450f753688c1a4871f3a6dfe40f21.png

@Redquaza I think this one might be my favourite - as soon as I saw the smash ball I think I had a little heart attack lol. I love Smash so much and the spritework on this is just awesome!

I may not be getting any of the TV or movie references with the eggs this year but lord I'm loving these two Nintendo ones in particular.

@Articray Haha, I love those, too! I was thinking that 173 would make a cool egg, as well! Maybe next year? 

@TCA I laughed for a good 2 minutes when I found that one. XD

1 minute ago, Aqub said:

@Articray Haha, I love those, too! I was thinking that 173 would make a cool egg, as well! Maybe next year?

I actually ended up not doing this because it turns out the design of 173 is one of the few things in the SCP wiki that's actually copyrighted, and I wasn't sure if this would infringe it. So I figured better safe than sorry. :(

I *love* that multiple 'first-time spriters' got eggs in this year, I'm totally amazed at how wonderful these eggs are when some of you have never sprited before!! 

*coos over the feesh named Potato* hehe Naming it makes me like it even more.

1 hour ago, Daiyachiri said:

Yes. Let's call him Potato 😂

Yey! I love Potato :3

Before I forget, here is my egg!

a9umc2.gif

It's based on the Golden Eggs from Splatoon 2's Salmon Run mode - the little fishbone shaped creature inside is a baby Salmonid from the game!

Here's a picture of what they look like in-game -

Spoiler

image.php?image=d072dfa8ff8a1b5b88982201

Which in turn are based on real-life salmon fish roe -

Spoiler

04-SJ_Trout%20Eggs%2089-ab.jpg

Making it was lots of fun! Originally I was going to have it be static but decided to animate the li'l fella so that it's more clear that there's a creature inside the egg and not just a fishbone marking on the shell.

I really like this one! It looks like an egg version of the lantern from The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince. ^^

WB

808h9l.gif

8 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Of course you can. I am living a life AFK and have them all - and there's still a day and a half to go.

Different people have different lives, anyway it's ok 

This is my egg! egg2_ani.gif.08364c4b2e7988b346b0e080d54e0673.gif

It's not meant to be a reference to anything, just to be a cool circuit thing 😊References are fun though; maybe next year if I get to participate I'll make a reference to one of my favorite games...

3 minutes ago, Swiftfire211 said:

It's not meant to be a reference to anything, just to be a cool circuit thing 😊References are fun though; maybe next year if I get to participate I'll make a reference to one of my favorite games...

This is legit one of my favorites from this year, I love the design and animation, and you nailed the shading! :)

4 minutes ago, Swiftfire211 said:

It kinda looks like the alien tech/architecture in Subnautica, IMO. :)

Edit: I've got them all now, I'm done! :D

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

I believe that the egg with the "sexy posed legs" is a nod to L'eggs pantyhose. When I was younger, the pantyhose came in a plastic egg, like current Easter eggs, only white with a possible cardboard bottom. Usually the advertisements showed the egg and a set of woman's legs in high heels as part of the ad. I only remembered them from the ads and working retail.

Other then that, this has been fun to see and collect. Thank you spriters!!

This is my first time on Easter here in wondering what exactly the event entails? Is it just for fun? Or is there perhaps prizes in each egg or something?

1 minute ago, maskeradeplays said:

This is my first time on Easter here in wondering what exactly the event entails? Is it just for fun? Or is there perhaps prizes in each egg or something?

It's just for fun!

2 minutes ago, Articray said:

This is legit one of my favorites from this year, I love the design and animation, and you nailed the shading! :)

Awesome, thanks! :D It took me several hours to get both the shading and the animation right, ha...

3 minutes ago, VioletWhirlwind said:

It kinda looks like the alien tech/architecture in Subnautica, IMO. :)

Edit: I've got them all now, I'm done! :D

I'd actually never heard of Subnautica, so it had to look it up; it looks pretty cool! Kind of like No Man's Sky, but underwater? I see what you mean about the egg design to!

Oh, everyone's showing off their Eggs!

1wobtcs.gif

The globe is mine. I was staring at NASA photos too long to not do this. Photos of Earth from space at night is just too pretty to pass up.

14 minutes ago, LishaDragon said:

I believe that the egg with the "sexy posed legs" is a nod to L'eggs pantyhose. When I was younger, the pantyhose came in a plastic egg, like current Easter eggs, only white with a possible cardboard bottom. Usually the advertisements showed the egg and a set of woman's legs in high heels as part of the ad. I only remembered them from the ads and working retail.

Other then that, this has been fun to see and collect. Thank you spriters!!

Nope

Sexy legg was just a fevered dream I had that demanded to be made

13 minutes ago, Swiftfire211 said:

Awesome, thanks! :D It took me several hours to get both the shading and the animation right, ha...

I'd actually never heard of Subnautica, so it had to look it up; it looks pretty cool! Kind of like No Man's Sky, but underwater? I see what you mean about the egg design to!

I haven't actually played it (yet. :P ), but I've seen Youtubers play it...it actually has a storyline (unlike No Man's Sky?  What I've seen of it anyway.  My opinion's still out on whether or not I want to play that one, due to some criticism I've heard/read about it) so...*shrug*

@Process, hey, if you made them out of a fevered dream, cool!! I just happened to be reminded of the old L'eggs ads from looking at that egg, that's all. 

28jv85.gif

Hello my name is Stromboli and I only know how to make dumb podcast references.

This year ft. My Brother, My Brother and Me

tumblr_pf2gtn90Dq1wh53seo1_500.gif

2 minutes ago, LishaDragon said:

@Process, hey, if you made them out of a fevered dream, cool!! I just happened to be reminded of the old L'eggs ads from looking at that egg, that's all. 

Never heard of em, sound super fun though!

Two left to get! Looks like I'll make it this year.  Thanks to everyone who made this and all the events and dragons possible. I enjoy this more than I probably should at my age LOL.

Anyone else ever feel sad when these imaginary creatures die or don't get adopted? 

Since we're all showing off our eggs now...

12wth2c.gif

I'm responsible for what Lagie mistook as an ad. I wasn't expecting that part, to be honest. I hope it wasn't too pastel-y for people to read (especially the first G)?

My inspiration stretched no farther than the Festival of Eggs itself. It's a celebration of eggs, so these eggs are celebrating!

2 minutes ago, pfeifferpack said:

I enjoy this more than I probably should at my age LOL.

Anyone else ever feel sad when these imaginary creatures die or don't get adopted? 

There's no age limit to enjoy things! :D

And yeah, I do. The poor babs 😕