TJ09

2019-04-21 - Festival Of Eggs Begins!

Okay then, so I suppose I'll tell something about my egg too :)

4dqn7c.png

For those who aren't able to tell, this egg was based on the Smurfette - the Smurfs play a huge role in my life (I grew up with them and am a big fan to name one thing, and no prior FoE had an egg that references the Smurfs), so I ended up going with that as the thing I was to reference. I had other ideas and even almost settled for doing Gargamel instead (who is the Smurfette's creator or "dad" in a way, and my second top favorite character), but in the end Smurfette won and she became the egg motive.

That being said, for next year I've already got a couple new ideas in mind; not revealing what these are of course so that I don't spoil anything, but hopefully at least one of them will come through in a future FoE haha. The Smurfette egg is almost the first time I've sprited anything since forever, and I'm happy with how it turned out and that people got to collect it. Looking forward to future FoE public submissions if there are any!

Oof, how much time do I have left to collect the eggs? I’ve only gotten 26 over the past days because I’ve been so busy.

18 hours ago, KayaBear said:

Just grabbed the last egg!~

Also, the fancy banner I've seen in some of these posts isn't showing up for me. Am I missing something?

banner.thumb.png.42eb1ba34819c4386618cefc211100ee.png

I wondered where the banner was coming from as it wasn't at the top of my egg page. I just thought some people made their own. Wouldn't know how to get them on their sites thoughk. 

Finally got all the eggs, including mine, so here it is!

1y2fr6u.png

There's no reference for this, I was just trying to make a really shiny, dark colored egg. However, the tail is a design from my mind- Kinda gory, read at your own risk!

Spoiler

The spines on the end are made to be closed and opened at will. The point of this is for the dragon to pierce its prey and then open the spines inside the creature before ripping the tail out, wreaking absolute havoc on the inside in an attempt to shock it into submission. This dragon is a rather messy hunter!

Edited by UserOfShadows

2 hours ago, Corteo said:

1ihqia.gif.2b2a9bf2221c769c5069319631d0dcb6.gif

This one is mine!  No pop culture reference - just having a baby in a few weeks.

Congrats! ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Eggy0 said:

Okay then, so I suppose I'll tell something about my egg too :)

4dqn7c.png

For those who aren't able to tell, this egg was based on the Smurfette - the Smurfs play a huge role in my life (I grew up with them and am a big fan to name one thing, and no prior FoE had an egg that references the Smurfs), so I ended up going with that as the thing I was to reference. I had other ideas and even almost settled for doing Gargamel instead (who is the Smurfette's creator or "dad" in a way, and my second top favorite character), but in the end Smurfette won and she became the egg motive.

That being said, for next year I've already got a couple new ideas in mind; not revealing what these are of course so that I don't spoil anything, but hopefully at least one of them will come through in a future FoE haha. The Smurfette egg is almost the first time I've sprited anything since forever, and I'm happy with how it turned out and that people got to collect it. Looking forward to future FoE public submissions if there are any!

I think that's the ONLY one I knew for sure!!!!!! Love it! ❤️ 

53/62 and I still don't have mine... :P

(This event is so tedious to complete when you have an adult life:( well, and no mobile Internet. I'll barely make it today)

Edited by VixenDra

This is my egg!

AbAxnM2.png

It's a reference to the show Popee the Performer, and it's supposed to look like the main character Popee.

I started making the egg just for fun about a year ago already, thinking that it'd be cool to take part in spriting an egg for the Festival of Eggs. Then a year later the egg actually made it to the event. :D It looked different in the beginning though, with bigger ears.

Spoiler

The first version, still unfinished and with the ears straightened:

QGdYsVy.png

I had to fold the ears in order to make it fit into the size limit, and I'm glad I did. The final result is conveniently within the required measurements, and the folded ears look more true to how the character's ears actually look like.

I've gotten about half of them so far and I really appreciate the MBMBaM egg

28jv85.gif

and of course..... the magnificent Leg Egg

u4vcmp.gif

I now have 12, only 50 more to go

Edited by Husky51
spelling

Finally caught them all! I really do appreciate every single one of them!

@Swiftfire211
I love your electronics egg (eleggtronics? haha please don't kill me)! I'm actually happy to discover that it's not a reference. I often don't get the pop-culture references from these eggs so in some way I feel like I'm not able to appreciate them fully even when I think they look really neat. But I enjoy messing around with soldering and tiny-robot-building and stuff so this is awesome for being a reference to cool real-life things!

@ViperaUnion2
Your Earth egg is beautiful (and it was just in time for Earth Day!). I love that you were inspired by NASA photos too. :D

@sashomarine
Your egg is my favorite for obvious reasons. XD *huge nerd high-five* Props for acknowledging it's an outdated model but an aesthetically-pleasing one nonetheless. I hope you'll find a way to make a Schrödinger egg next year; I lol'ed. Perhaps a double-slit eggsperiment?

Who made the cephalopod one though? Has it been stated? I adore it!

Edit 1: Crud, how do you actually ping people here? lol

Edit 2: looks like I figured out how to do it, but wow is that slow and inefficient, you can't just type a name - it has to be able to search for it from the first letters of the name? why are you this way

Edited by AtomicSquid
don't know how to use this forum haha

I am a bit miffed, I am up to 59 eggs and I still don’t have the Stargate egg!  I really want that one.  🙂 

I’m at 30, and I’m busy today so I don’t think I’ll be able to collect all of them, but THANK you spriters for an especially beautiful batch of eggs this year! I hope I at least get the Totoro family one! It’s so cute! 

Since we all seem to be taking credit for our eggs, this is mine. TheHenEgganim4.gif 

As some have said, this is based on Faberge's 1885 Hen Egg.

This is the best egg hunt yet. Every egg seems to have some kind of meaning to someone, and that makes it all the better. I'm always in it for the deep lore, lol. Knowing how much love, care and meaning went into every egg only makes me want them more

I just got Totoro! My next goal is the fish bowl!!! 28 left to go, maybe I can make it?

31 minutes ago, Fiona said:

Since we all seem to be taking credit for our eggs, this is mine. TheHenEgganim4.gif 

But it has EARS.... :lol:

Oh wait - it's SIDEWAYS ! OK ! (l just googled the Fabergé stuff.)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But it has EARS.... :lol:

No, you are looking at it wrong, Fuzz. It is a chicken, facing to the right. The "ear" on the right is its head and the "ear" on the left is its tail. Note the flapping wing in the center.

Well done, @Fiona! Definitely one of my favorites.

Edited by purplehaze

7 hours ago, Ylla said:

I don't have them all yet. 😅 (gotta catch 'em all, right?)

I want to drop the meaning behind my egg though!

1mnkevq.png

It's not a pop culture reference, but it has sentimental value because it's an tribute/present to my significant other. (He's from Hawaii. And shades cuz they're cool. 😎)

Plus, I've always wanted to contribute to this site!! This is my 10th year and I like to dabble in pixel art. 

1 hour ago, Fiona said:

Two more favourites! :D

And Smurfette!

I do HOPE that at the end, when someone lists all the artists, they also list the tributes....

Since we're uploading eggs, well, here's mine! I made it as a tribute to Kiyohime from FGO, since she's positively my favorite gorl to blast things with. Plus she can turn into a blazing blue dragon of death. Two things I like in a gal. Anyways, cheers to all the eggs! (<3 the Mother series tribute) 

KiyO.png

These are my eggs:

q5h45u.png - this one isn't a reference, I just like eggs with dragons wrapped around them

1fgbyeh.png - This one is a reference, though I doubt anyone got it since it looks generic enough as an egg to not be a reference. It is a reference to the sigil of House Tyrell from Game of Thrones

19 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I do HOPE that at the end, when someone lists all the artists, they also list the tributes....

That might not happen. It could prevent people from being able to submit the same egg (with art updates) in a future year. 

Unless you mean just having a list of names?

NO, I mean for every egg we caught, that it says - e.g. Game of Thrones/Totoro/Detroit etc.