TJ09

2019-04-21 - Festival Of Eggs Begins!

I just found the Magic: the Gathering reference egg! I'm SO happy to see this, I've been waiting to see a reference to one of my favorite things <3

95ilai.gif

13 minutes ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

Since we're all showing off our eggs now...

12wth2c.gif

I'm responsible for what Lagie mistook as an ad. I wasn't expecting that part, to be honest. I hope it wasn't too pastel-y for people to read (especially the first G)?

My inspiration stretched no farther than the Festival of Eggs itself. It's a celebration of eggs, so these eggs are celebrating!

I liked this one, too, even if I did feel silly for a while over my mistake. XD

I love the Stargate egg with the little replicator crawling out of it. Kudos to whoever made that one.

6 hours ago, Safira20897 said:

Wait, am I dreaming or is this a wolf Link reference?? r7vag4.png

Yes, it is indeed a Wolf Link reference. =D

I suppose I'll jump on the bandwagon. This here is my egg:

1x7egdj.gif

I am a huge nerd when it comes to all things science--after all, that is what I am currently in university for. So why not celebrate this love of scientific progress by designing an egg after our favorite outdated atomic model? Perhaps I'll make the Schrödinger model next year, once I've figured out how to place pixels without being certain as to where they are at any given time.

The atom egg reminded me of an aeon egg for some reason. Something about the colors?

This one was mine

1802004009_OgerEgg.png.c91b78badea7ae4cefa7542782c38b07.png

He shreck. It was my first time doing pixel art (excluding ms paint as a kid).

I also made these befor the limit was introduced.

1692417047_PantherEgg.png.fb5ab61151d48ead462e759e498cecb7.png2039808757_pixel-26x28copy.png.7beac85342e4eaa987e49e304c22e3dd.png104938453_LovePoitionEgg.png.d870a58c0c3c22902ecbb2326e83c354.png

If TJ makes a public egg contest again I have an animated one in mind. 👌

Loving everyone eggs btw! So many creative ideas! 💕🥚💕

I am wishing that the time to catch the eggs could either be extended, or the gap between picking up eggs is shrunk a lot. Right now it seems to be more than 15 minutes between eggs appearing, which means only four per hour .  At that rate, I will never finish picking up the eggs.

3 minutes ago, Mathcat said:

The atom egg reminded me of an aeon egg for some reason. Something about the colors?

The colors in the "nucleus" is probably where that connection came from, yeah. Hahaha, such an egg would be the combination of both space AND time.

1 hour ago, Swiftfire211 said:

This is my egg! egg2_ani.gif.08364c4b2e7988b346b0e080d54e0673.gif

It's not meant to be a reference to anything, just to be a cool circuit thing 😊References are fun though; maybe next year if I get to participate I'll make a reference to one of my favorite games...

It's my biggest favorite, I love circuits!

This one's mine as I said before: U8sjbLx.gif

I'm too lame for references, so I went with the traditional Easter paraphernalia. Yeaahh eggs! Yeaahhh flowers! Yeaahhh bunnies! Slightly disgruntled because why not!

@Daiyachiri I love the feesh egg! One of the first eggs I caught and it's still my favorite!

And @yellow_gellow thanks for explaining! :D That little one-eyed fish skeleton egg intrigued me too! Like I knew it had to be a reference, but I had no idea where from

@Cowfish249 Aha. Ahahahahaha! It is a wonderful egg and one of the references I actually get, but it will forever look to me like Shrek in a bikini! :P ISOSORRYPLEASENOHATE

This one is mine: k15zpq.gif

There isn't any references attached to it, I just like pandas :D

Haven't sprited that much so I'm happy my egg got featured on this event.

Just when I thought there would be no FF related eggs this time, I stumbled over the BLU job stone xD

27 minutes ago, I Want Cheese Dragon said:

This one is mine: k15zpq.gif

There isn't any references attached to it, I just like pandas :D

Haven't sprited that much so I'm happy my egg got featured on this event.

31 minutes ago, Yhme said:

This one's mine as I said before: U8sjbLx.gif

I'm too lame for references, so I went with the traditional Easter paraphernalia. Yeaahh eggs! Yeaahhh flowers! Yeaahhh bunnies! Slightly disgruntled because why not!

Two more of my favourites! :)

16 hours ago, Bugzilla said:

Small correction: APNG's do work fine here.  They are supported in all major browsers: Firefox (since 2008), Safari (since 2014), Chrome (since 2017), Opera (since 2017), even on mobile devices running Android or iOS. The only exception is IE/Edge that displays them as static images (the partial transparency works, but it will not be animated). The next version of Edge based on the Chrome engine will hopefully animate them correctly.

Unfortunately, there will still be a problem with GIMP because the support for APNG was never implemented correctly: there was a plug-in for APNG but it has not been maintained since 2010 (only a single minor update in 2013 to make it compatible with the now obsolete GIMP 2.8), and the current GIMP version 2.10.x has a different way of saving PNG images that is incompatible with that plug-in.  Currently, GIMP can save static PNG images or animated GIF images but cannot save animated PNG's. You can use GIMP to create an animation with shadows and partial transparency, but the only way to save correctly it is to export each individual layer of the animation as a separate PNG file (not animated) and then use an external tool such as apngasm to assemble all static images into an animation.

I think the, highlighted, part is where I was going wrong in GIMP. I was trying to save as a partial transparency, ie the shadows, but a transparent background in a png format. This is ALL very good information to know! Thank you. 

OOOOOOH, I have 4 more eggs to find, will I have time!?

@Lagie  Thank you so much!

Also thanks to everyone else who liked my egg, I'm glad you enjoyed seeing it as much as I had fun making it

I think everyone did so WONDERFUL on their eggs! I hope we get to find out who all did what. :)  Mine wasn't chosen, "Unfortunately, your creation wasn't chosen for this year's Festival.  Keep on spriting, and I hope to see your work in a future Festival of Eggs!"  Not sure if that meant I could work on a future festival or not. LOL

Edited by Feral71

22 minutes ago, Feral71 said:

I think everyone did so WONDERFUL on their eggs! I hope we get to find out who all did what. :)  Mine wasn't chosen, "Unfortunately, your creation wasn't chosen for this year's Festival.  Keep on spriting, and I hope to see your work in a future Festival of Eggs!"  Not sure if that meant I could work on a future festival or not. LOL

I think that means you'd have a good chance of getting accepted if you enter next year! Take this time to refine your egg if needed, add extra details to it, or make a new egg if inspiration strikes.

2 hours ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

Since we're all showing off our eggs now...

12wth2c.gif

I'm responsible for what Lagie mistook as an ad. I wasn't expecting that part, to be honest. I hope it wasn't too pastel-y for people to read (especially the first G)?

My inspiration stretched no farther than the Festival of Eggs itself. It's a celebration of eggs, so these eggs are celebrating!

with my terrible eyes, I have to enlarge all of them. LOL  But once I do, I can read it just fine! :) 

21 minutes ago, sashomarine said:

I think that means you'd have a good chance of getting accepted if you enter next year! Take this time to refine your egg if needed, add extra details to it, or make a new egg if inspiration strikes.

I hope so, I love to draw. I have a terrible problem with shaking hands, so it does hinder me. The egg I had originally done I had to scrap cause I could't get my shadows partially transparent. LOL GIMP kept making them black, but after discussing with others up above, I see what had gone wrong. :)  I'm so used to using Paintshop Pro, but it doesn't animate, that I tend to get stuck in a rut. :P I absolutely LOVE how you all seamlessly did your animations! ❤️❤️ 

WHOOT!! Finally got them all. :) 

Edited by Feral71

3uhvw3.png

This one is my favorite! Lancer looks so cute as an egg...I watched jacksepticeye play Deltarune and absolutely loved it ^^

I have two more to collect! One more!

DONE!! It feels...so good.

Edited by chandelotic

6 minutes ago, RainbowTheAlbinoServal said:

The eggs stopped appearing.. So I think i got them all!

Ahhh yay!! Which egg is your favorite?

Just now, chandelotic said:

Ahhh yay!! Which egg is your favorite?

if i can be biased, my own legg, otherwise im leaning between the thonk egg, popee, that shiny purple egg, or the portal,,