TJ09

2019-04-21 - Festival Of Eggs Begins!

Both the all-purple eggs were static before and now have animations, they look awesome!

2 hours ago, ValidEmotions said:

Just nabbed an egg that's an animation of the Earth with city lights turning on. I'm really sad it's America-focused :( It would have been amazing to see it like a rotating globe to include all of the continents.

Hey, that's my egg! I'm glad someone recognized it, but keep in mind, I'm not a professional. The globe has ripples in the ocean in addition to different shading on the continents based on geography. It wasn't too difficult to make the globe transition between day and night since all I had to do was put the cities at specific points, and then brighten them and darken them and the planet accordingly, but trying to achieve movement like a rotation would have been really hard for me. I did consider it, but because of how much detail I tried to put into the egg, I realized I would have a lot of trouble doing it, so only the western hemisphere got designed, in the end.

Is the time between eggs longer this year? It seems to be taking about 20 minutes this year and I feel like I remember it being closer to 10 in the past. I'm worried I won't get all 62 eggs in three days, especially since I can't get online on Tuesday. 😟

I am not experiencing a blank white page for my easterbasket fixed

Edited by Starscream

Not very well planned. I've only found 2 eggs so far in 12 hours or so. 3 days is hardly enough time for all 60+ eggs.

1 minute ago, Thorn4 said:

Not very well planned. I've only found 2 eggs so far in 12 hours or so. 3 days is hardly enough time for all 60+ eggs.

it should be easier than that. I find them every 10 - 15 minutes - which is about normal. 3 days is ample usually

1 minute ago, Thorn4 said:

I've got all 62 today alone. They appear every 15 or so minutes. Plenty of time across three days. 

3 minutes ago, Thorn4 said:

I'm at 50+. And I haven't played 12 hours straight. 3 days is more than enough.

What is the one that to me looks like the 11th Doctor's Cyberman head? White with two handles, black circle eyes... :huh:

(I do hope we will get a list of references at some point!)

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

What is the one that to me looks like the 11th Doctor's Cyberman head? White with two handles, black circle eyes... :huh:

(I do hope we will get a list of references at some point!)

I believe you are talking about the Hollow Knight egg.  Which I know nothing about except that its a video game I've seen advertised on Steam.

10 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

I believe you are talking about the Hollow Knight egg.  Which I know nothing about except that its a video game I've seen advertised on Steam.

Thanks! :)

That downtime resolved the different sizes issue where eggs were fliating at the tops of their spaces. It looks much more cohesive now.

2 minutes ago, RainbowTheAlbinoServal said:

Hey, I made one of those leggs! It's the yellow one lol 

Cool! I like that one!

4 hours ago, NightEagle said:

Also, I love the one with the flying electrons, thanks a lot for that!

That one would be mine, glad you like it! 😃

Gads, so many good eggs this year! Congrats to all the spriters and thank you TJ, for another fun egg hunt ^_^ Don't know the references for half of them but they're all awesome!

What is the one that looks like it has a dinosaur skull over it? 

114t5hf.pngThis is almost surely not a Panzer Dragoon reference, but I wanted to say I had that association anyway.

3 hours ago, sakana said:

WHO DID THE LEG EGG I AM IN LOVE

u4vcmp.gif

Egg so hot

Hot hot egg

Egg so hot

It has legs

Ooohh. Happy Easter! Thank you for all the lovely art, artists! 

This is will be fun! :) 

1 minute ago, Yhme said:

This is the only thing I think of when I see that L'Egg 😖

[image]

Obvious Plant!! Never thought I would see Obvious Plant mentioned here. Love the stuff they make, always makes me laugh!

And finally managed to find my own egg! 😀

@Yhme ... Wha.... Wha.... Why is that a thing? What on earth? *shakes head* 

I'm really loving all the eggs I've gotten so far, no clue what most of them mean but they are pretty!