TJ09

2019-04-21 - Festival Of Eggs Begins!

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Set a timer! (Mine's at 14 minutes... XD ) Then click, then reset the timer.

Are the two purple eggs supposed to have actions?

Yes, but they're APNG, not GIF, so not all browsers display them correctly. If they're not animating for you, it's probably your browser. 

Got 'em 62!

Lots of pretties this year, I can especially appreciate the Hollow Knight and Transistor ones! :D 

Also loved the lantern one, super pretty! 💖

Spoiler

1x7egdj.gif1fsqv73.gif

So these two together pretty much represent my username (ok, that's probably more of an octopus than a squid but I'll take it). I love them and I'll treasure them forever, thank you! (All the eggs are great. Even the creepy leg one haha. Thank you spriters!) :D

15 minutes ago, steelkitty said:

When exactly does this event end? 

Tuesday at the stroke of midnight, EDT. So, you had all day Sunday, all day today, and all day tomorrow to collect the eggs.

OMG I just noticed something crawling out of the Stargate on the Stargate egg. Anyone else see it? It looks like a Replicator. So cool! And an little frightening if your a Stargate fan and know that that is lol.

Edited by Imzadi83

Yay, finally got my own egg: 13sjzy7.png     Glad so many people liked it~

As you can probably guess, I am a big fan of Studio Ghibli movies.

So when I got the chance to submit an entry for the FoE, I decided to make something I've always wanted to see in my basket (really, I had this idea for years).

I think the sprite turned out okay considering I have never attempted pixel art before.

21 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

OMG now I want a kittenbus as well, or the forest spirits (kodama?) 😱

Thank you for the idea ^_~

Now back to hunting!

Just got my last one, I have them all now! Such awesome entries this year, wow! 

h7x1m0.png

So this is my egg! 

It's based off of a meme on the flight rising tumblr, which I'm very active on. It's basically a joke on the light egg's nickname in the community, which is, you guessed it, legg.

21 minutes ago, Laliana said:

So when I got the chance to submit an entry for the FoE, I decided to make something I've always wanted to see in my basket (really, I had this idea for years).

I think the sprite turned out okay considering I have never attempted pixel art before.

That sprite is so much more than just okay! Thank you for making it :wub:

1 hour ago, Starbit-Plushie said:

Yes, but they're APNG, not GIF, so not all browsers display them correctly. If they're not animating for you, it's probably your browser. 

Thanks! The egg in that other post also didn't move. Gives me something to look forward to when I get on a proper computer! :D

50/62 ! I’m in love with the eggs I’ve collected so far, you spriters are wonderful and I bless you ♥️ 

I haven't yet found my egg. I'm at 48. Hopefuly Dirge will fly home to join his brothers.

I love all these eggs this year.  thank you to all the spriters who made them. I will treasure them all

Spoiler

1ha7df3.png1bh0p4i.png1ihqia.gifq5h45u.png1fgbyeh.pngl3hgyc.gifebwq2q.gif166tr5j.gif1sy3q6i.gifbqtfxf.png14arj7k.png808h9l.gift3jkt8.pngu4vcmp.giflflfp0.gif3pyavi.gifr7vag4.png114t5hf.pngk0otzd.png28jv85.gifk4vslu.gif1qigwqj.png1ab7pir.gif1y2fr6u.png4rn72c.png1aunq37.pnga9umc2.gifgxsoto.gif1h1ak7p.png13sjzy7.png7tzgsa.gif1u0wvgm.gift0umru.png1d3d9mf.gif1x7egdj.gifisbm3m.pngpl9f05.png15frlkr.png85n2oh.pngh7x1m0.png3uhvw3.png1wobtcs.gif1mnkevq.png153shzt.gif3tzipa.pngzp9fkb.pngtp4bx2.png95ilai.gif1ri2o2g.gif1rymz0j.png12wth2c.gif1jbm8s7.gifk15zpq.gifg73a6u.gifsxd778.gif1cyfdxl.pnglhh5dk.gif1svtqbu.png14al1f4.gif1hje5s9.gif1fsqv73.gif4dqn7c.png

1 hour ago, Imzadi83 said:

OMG I just noticed something crawling out of the Stargate on the Stargate egg. Anyone else see it? It looks like a Replicator. So cool! And an little frightening if your a Stargate fan and know that that is lol.

I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. That's a bit scary, though the stargate egg is my favorite.

I'm constantly amazed at how intricate such small eggs can be made!

UPDATE: I forgot to mention this one w708ZgT.gif made me giggle and think about the supernatural.

Edited by Lady_of_The_Forest

We should have a poll, best egg? XD

Favorite: 1ab7pir.gif153shzt.gifa9umc2.gif1h1ak7p.png114t5hf.pngI seem to like glass eggs, haha.

Cool: 1sy3q6i.gifr7vag4.png1d3d9mf.gif7tzgsa.gif1ri2o2g.gif1hje5s9.gifg73a6u.gif1wobtcs.gif95ilai.gif

Fancy: q5h45u.png1fgbyeh.png1bh0p4i.pngt3jkt8.png4rn72c.png1fsqv73.gif1rymz0j.png1y2fr6u.png

Hilarious: u4vcmp.gifh7x1m0.png14arj7k.pngsxd778.gifI love the pun, L'egg. Beautiful. How about chicken l'egg?I love the bunny just looking around with a T.T face and then going back into the egg.

Unique: 14al1f4.giflhh5dk.gif12wth2c.gif

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Set a timer! (Mine's at 14 minutes... XD ) Then click, then reset the timer.

I set a page to refresh every 5 minutes and when I passed it and there was an egg, click - rinse - repeat !

2 hours ago, Laliana said:

It's the BEST EVER !! YES, please do a kitten bus. :)

I hope everyone has had good Easter ^^

4rn72c.png

This be my egg. The inspiration behind it were glass Faberge eggs. Originally the egg was going to be red with green dragon, but half-way I figured that was bit too common color combo. So instead I swapped the egg's color to be purple, which is my favorite color. I also wanted rose (my favorite flower) on the egg, which proved to be the most difficult part since it is rather small. And of course... dragon. Everything must have dragons. I planned to have another color for the mane, but then figured purple would tie the entire thing together perfectly. And if you look at the egg close enough, you can see part of the dragon behind the egg.

Edited by Moonlightelf

3 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Today is the last day right? I only have 18, I've been so busy this weekend ahhhh

Nope, you'll have Tuesday until 11:59 PM cave time. :)

9jI3So9.png

This is the egg I created. It's based on shikon jewel from Inuyasha. *points to my username* I'm glad y'all like it :D 

Love the creativity that went into these eggs this year!

A little bit behind on gathering eggs thanks to having extremely early finals week so I'm working hard on getting projects done, but loving the eggs so far! The MBMBaM egg is making me especially happy-- can it do other colors?

3 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

I never said it was ugly D= it actually looks like a dinosaur skull so I was trying to find answers for it! It's actually one of my new favourite eggs because of that fact and I linked it to Jurassic World at first 😂

Don't worry, I meant the game itself looks ugly:) it aged a lot in terms of the visuals^^ so it's not very inviting to play today if it's your first time with it, but gameplaywise it's still a good RPG if you give it a chance despite the visuals^^

I've got all the eggs as of last night! Yay! So many amazing ones! Congrats to everyone who got in!

This be my eggy, Hollow Knight. Definitely nowhere near the level of the rest of these eggs but I'm glad I got to contribute to FoE with my noob pixel skills. lol

Festival of Eggs submission steel ball version 2.2.png