TJ09

2019-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

This year's adults are very pretty! I like the patterns on the wings. They look like they will go nicely with sunsongs, and I can't wait to see what else they will look good with.

Not intending to be rude, but I'm not a fan of the new breed. Very thick neck and chest despite some underwhelming wings and overly designed pattern. I know sometimes proportions get thrown out the window so things can be more detailed, but it just doesn't look right together.

Maybe the short snout adds to the unbalanced feeling.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

I love the new dragons.  I've no idea what I might pair them with,  but there is time.  Congrats to Shajana, and thank TJ and all the people who created this year's event!   Special thanks to whoever came up with the idea of the green dragon and ham.

Edited by Imzadi

The new dragon is very interesting!  Not as elegant as other Valentine's (neither are the mutamores, but I love those guys!) dragons, but I find them intriguing because of their difference.  I can see potential pairings for these ladies, and when I get time to start working on their mates, I'll share.  

Thank you, Shajana, for your hard work and gift to the Cave.   Thanks everyone involved in this year's events, and of course, TJ.   

9 minutes ago, tiny_gremlin said:

Anyone need a Heartseeker?  There is a wall of them in the AP.

Wow!  I picked up some Heartseekers from the AP (which was completely full of Heartseekers) an hour or two ago.  It's still going?

Wow.  Just wow.

Time for something else to show up! I don't need any more Heartseekers and besides most of the ones I have seen there are messy lines.

5 hours ago, Pilauli said:

Wow!  I picked up some Heartseekers from the AP (which was completely full of Heartseekers) an hour or two ago.  It's still going?

Wow.  Just wow.

Yep and about 100 folks in there, sitting like vultures, watching them.

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Time for something else to show up! I don't need any more Heartseekers and besides most of the ones I have seen there are messy lines.

*strokes imaginary beard*

I did manage to pick up another 2g Heartseeker from Red though, so that was nice.

Edited by purpledragonclaw
Combined double-post into one post.

Lol, heartseekers.... 

I totally forgot to look at the adults this morning! They're very pretty, but I think Soulstones & Heartstealers remain my favorite ❤️ 

1 minute ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Lol, heartseekers.... 

I totally forgot to look at the adults this morning! They're very pretty, but I think Soulstones & Heartstealers remain my favorite ❤️ 

Me too!

So are there different badges if you get different endings in event? This isn't really my favorite type of event so I only played once all the way through, but if there is a different badge, I might go play again. 

I will say that I don't date in real life so I was amused that I got an ending where I didn't even go to the dance. 

Edited by sfts

Just now, sfts said:

So are there different badges if you get different endings in event? This isn't really my favorite type of event so I only played once all the way through, but if there is a different badge, I might go play again. 

I've gone through it 3 times now, but only've been to the dance once.  Then again, I'm mostly Ace, so this whole relationship thing confuses the heck out of me.

Thanks for the eggs and game! I love the Valentine's Day dragons this year :)

And the game is a lot of fun...just wish it was a bit quicker so I can see all possible outcomes!

Managed to snag a gorgeous messy Valentine '09 that peeked through the 'seeker wall. (On my phone, too, I was surprised I got it!) Sifting through the 'seekers now to see if there is anything extremely messy. I now have my goals of all v-days except Soulstones and Floral-Crowneds (and the new ones of course), which makes hunting even harder...

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Managed to snag a gorgeous messy Valentine '09 that peeked through the 'seeker wall. (On my phone, too, I was surprised I got it!) Sifting through the 'seekers now to see if there is anything extremely messy. I now have my goals of all v-days except Soulstones and Floral-Crowneds (and the new ones of course), which makes hunting even harder...

Just picked up a nice RA checker within the wall.  

Annnnnd, I'm scroll-locked again (for the next hour ish).  I wonder if the wall will still be there after I take a nap?  I hope it doesn't revert back to regular eggies.  *look of consternation*

Edited by tiny_gremlin

6 minutes ago, sfts said:

So are there different badges if you get different endings in event? This isn't really my favorite type of event so I only played once all the way through, but if there is a different badge, I might go play again. 

One of the organizers -- I think it was Fiona -- said there is only one badge.

I feel like many people don't realize that the dragons that artists create are literally art. Someone sat down and created this. Like a song, or a poem, or a book. You don't have to like it. Somebody else out there does. You don't have to be happy with every single release or event, and you don't have to attack or diminish what was created and what others do like just because you personally feel like something could have done better. I absolutely love how many people here feel like they're entitled to critique the art of others, especially when unsolicited. 

Please realize the artists have feelings too. 

That being said, I do love these. I've wanted a cherry blossom dragon for quite a while and am happy to finally see we have one. Thank you Shajana, and thank you artists and event coordinators. 

Edited by schenanigans

1 hour ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Not intending to be rude, but I'm not a fan of the new breed. Very thick neck and chest despite some underwhelming wings and overly designed pattern. I know sometimes proportions get thrown out the window so things can be more detailed, but it just doesn't look right together.

Quite frankly I have to disagree with you. The sprites are absolutely gorgeous and there’s been quite a need for more purple dragons. It’s one thing to offer constructive criticism but this isn’t constructive at all. It’s just bashing the sprite. Yes, there’s always going to be people who dislike some sprites or different aspects of the game. It’s a game. If you don’t like the sprites than you don’t need to collect them. There’s plenty of other dragons out there. 

Thank tou Shajana for such an absolutely lovely sprite. I adore the colors and the eggs??? I wish I could just collect them. I can’t wait for mine to grow up so I can start developing some new lineages with them. 

Thank you to all the artists too who helped out with the super awesome event! 

1 hour ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

It’s a finished dragon. It’s done. Your  negative critique of the dragon is not actionable or needed here. Keep it to yourself please, because there’s no point in it.

One thing people need to realize is that art is subjective. If you don’t like something that is fine. However saying how you dislike a finished item is not critiquing but being rude in my opinion and can cause hurt feelings for the artist. 

I think the new dragon is beautiful and have many fun breeding plans with them in the future 

This past week has been pretty great, I got all the freezies I needed and managed to get over 50 new Sweetlings added to my collection! Which uh, also means I need over 50 mates for them by next year...

16 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

I feel like many people don't realize that the dragons that artists create are literally art. Someone sat down and created this. Like a song, or a poem, or a book. You don't have to like it. Somebody else out there does. You don't have to be happy with every single release or event, and you don't have to attack or diminish what was created and what others do like just because you personally feel like something could have done better. I absolutely love how many people here feel like they're entitled to critique the art of others, especially when unsolicited. 

Please realize the artists have feelings too. 

That being said, I do love these. I've wanted a cherry blossom dragon for quite a while and am happy to finally see we have one. Thank you Shajana, and thank you artists and event coordinators. 

hi can i please have 1000 more of you this is lovely content

~

But yeah, as someone who has made changes to multiple sprites on-site in response to release thread feedback, do be mindful of the way you express negative feelings. They can be helpful or they can be hurtful, and that really depends on how you express your opinion and whether you’re focusing on subjective or objective flaws.

Choose to put positive energy out into the world, even when expressing feelings of negativity.

@PieMaster everyone's blowing it out of proportion. I said it has a fat neck, a large chest despite not having large wings (should have larger wings to support flight with such a heafty body), and a oddly short snout. Art can be subjective but considering how high standards are in dragon requests I expected a bit more polish. The pattern I don't like but that's not really a flaw, just personal preference.

But I dont think it's wrong of me to give criticism when the same people threw a fit over nilla necks.

I like the colors of the new dragons!! 

The description, though of them only typically picking one mate for life. Hmmmmmm. I don't tend to breed my holidays to just one dragon. :P