TJ09

2019-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

How long has this wall been going when will we be free. Whomever bred all these, please, earlier in the event 😧

3 hours ago, tiny_gremlin said:

All of the above.  I'm mostly Ace, so Valentine's day tends to be bittersweet.  

I'm aro Ace too! Which is a good thing, since I'm so fugly I probably wouldn't be able to get a date.

The official Aro colors are green, yellow, gray, and black; and the official Ace colors are purple, white, gray, and black. Those combos would make for good V-Day dragons that are different from the usual ones. And the Aro Ace symbol is the Ace of Spades.

Edited by Moondragon007

On 2/16/2019 at 1:49 PM, tiny_gremlin said:

I never managed to get to the dance with Ion.  But I did like the time with the rabbits, so . . . hm.

I really wanna know who's fault it was that Ion was Neglected - so I can go kick their butts!

I'm going to gamble on the wall going for a few more hours and sleep. My head hurts and I really hope the heartseekers are still up when i get up lol

I love the new Valentines. Cherry blossom Dragons are really lovely and fitting for the theme.

That said, I also would *love* a black or goth Valentine! That would be quite something to breed! ❤️

And the Heartseeker wall is still going (who by all the Gods *bred* all of those? O.o) and I'm doing my usual holiday rescue: grab, hatch, release, repeat... :)

3 hours ago, Moondragon007 said:

I'm aro Ace too! Which is a good thing, since I'm so fugly I probably wouldn't be able to get a date.

The official Aro colors are green, yellow, gray, and black; and the official Ace colors are purple, white, gray, and black. Those combos would make for good V-Day dragons that are different from the usual ones. And the Aro Ace symbol is the Ace of Spades.

That'd be awesome!  

I'm also aspec and arospec and would love an ace/aro coloured Valentine's dragon that focused on friendship/non romantic love.

While green, yellow, gray, and black don't sound particularly appealing right now, that's because they're all smudged together in my head.  I'll bet they would look lovely on a dragon, and the same goes for the less yucky-sounding purple, white, gray, and black.  We have two purple dragons now, though.

Here's a funny idea: the egg would be the pinkest thing ever, but it changes colors as it grows up. :D Unfortunately, it wouldn't do anything about the fact that the AP tends to look really, really pink.

I keep grabbing eggs, hatching them, and throwing them back in the AP, but there are still more! 🙃 

I forgot to mention I really like the bright, cheery colors of this dragon. I wish we could see her chest heart a little more, but eh.

Edited by Jazeki
Typooooo

Thank you TJ and spriters/writers for this fun Valentine event.

Shajana  your dragon is most beautiful!  I love the colors and will have fun choosing breeding partners.  Thanks!!

9 hours ago, AnanoKimi said:

Is... Is it bad that I am incredibly unhappy about the fact that I can now have a pink sweetling on my scroll? I was one of the affected scrolls that valentines that has the ability to only hatch black sweetlings. I find it unfair and unnecessary that scrolls like mine can hatch pink sweetlings from valentine biome sweetling eggs. I wanted to post this sooner but hadnt had the time nor could I log in properly. If scrolls like mine can hatch pink (or normal) sweetlings, I find it only fair that from this point forward other scrolls be allowed the ability to have black sweetlings. This is all I really have to say.

I missed the Sweetling issue last year; there are many of us who never got to express how we feel about Sweetlings. Even if TJ has already made a decision, just letting the community talk about it would be helpful and cathartic. I hope that the Suggestions for Sweets thread can be reopened so that the community continues to be heard. Yes, a decision was made and I get that, but (a) sometimes things change over time, and (b) people still need to be able to express their opinions and feelings as long as they are respectful. I liked that last year (maybe it was last year? I am not sure and if I get the details wrong, I wasn't here) TJ was going to let alt Sweetling owners also be able to have pink CB eggs. The next logical (and fair) step would be to let pink CB Sweetling owners also have alt Sweetling CB eggs.  It doesn't make sense for some Sweetling owners to have both CB sprites and the rest to only have one sprite. I would like to see everyone have both CB sprites and for them both to breed true; CB Alts breed as alt color and CB Pinks breed as pink color.  But that is only my opinion. :)  I would love to ask that this thread be reopened for the community.

A gothy, dark Valentine would be nice! (Alt Sweetling was the perfect one, though; it will never get better than that.) Although I don't like the idea of green or other colors that are not Valentine colors. We have green/blue commons and uncommons that we can breed with Valentine eggies. 

I still haven't looked at the new Valentine adult! (No spoilers, please, haha!) I love watching them grow up on my scroll and prefer the suspense. 

@missy_ It feels like TJ thinks if he stifles the discussion, the problem will go away, but no.. doesn't work that way, and people will always want them. Especially since the reason is extremely arbitrary. (same with christmas and especially valentines CBs being limited, but not halloweens).

Meanwhile Heartseeker wall. Shoo.

2 hours ago, Pilauli said:

Unfortunately, it wouldn't do anything about the fact that the AP tends to look really, really pink.

Except for when it is really, really red! When will these Heartseekers be gone? (Actually at this point I am almost hoping they stay awhile longer until I am unlocked and can pick up some of the ER eggs that will be behind the wall.)

Oh my god this wall is insane. I barely managed to snag pretty lines that played peek a boo on the last two lines of the AP. 

Breeding those bad boys earlier with the sheer amount there are would have probably done better for the AP.

Another asexual reporting in. I don't mind Valentine's Day at all, but by the gods I wish we'd get some different-colored valentine dragons sometime. I'm so sick and tired of getting almost nothing but pink pink pink pink pink every year. I love pink, but I'm so fed up with all these pink valentine dragons we've been having. A black valentine could be interesting, but I'm also in favor for a green or brown one. Or heck, maybe even white or gray.

Sakuhanas look alright to me, I see them as being very light purple in color instead of all-out eye-bleeding pink.

*echos call for differently-colored valentine's dragon!* A dark v-day would be awesome... I've always thought alt-sweets look more stunning color-wise then the regulars. 

(I have to say, it's heartwarming to see so many ace/aro/etc around here, one of the things I love most about the internet... Don't have a lot of non-typically-straight people where I live...)

I was *so sure* the v-day AP wall would be all over with by the time I woke up. Get up, tell myself 'oh well, another v-day over with', check the AP... nope! Wow. I've grabbed 4 beautifully messy Heartseekers from the 'seeker wall since it started... Time to dive back in!

THE WALL! IT Is broken! well, halfway, Thank you hourly alarms for working this time.

So, do you actually go to the dance with Tsoko or does he just ask and that it?

Spoiler

so not sure if I wanna to end with me pieing the bully or doing a epic burn on him. XD

Is Tsoko the childhood friend guardian?  My memory may be faulty, but I don't remember going to the dance, just him kind of awkwardly proposing and then a fancy-lettered "the end".

1 minute ago, Pilauli said:

Is Tsoko the childhood friend guardian?  My memory may be faulty, but I don't remember going to the dance, just him kind of awkwardly proposing and then a fancy-lettered "the end".

Yeah! That the one.

Has anyone suggested raising the egg slots, maybe during holiday releases only? Especially Halloween as there aren't breed limits.

-dont hate me, just playing with ideas

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

I'll echo the differently colored sentiment. We have so many talented spriters here; surely someone could come up with a dazzling blue, green, gold or black Valentine dragon? These new ones do seem to fall more lilac than pink, but they still blur in with pink since it's such a close shade. Pink is a lovely color--Rosebuds are one of my favorite dragons of all time and they are VERY pink--but it's getting a bit stale.