TJ09

2019-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

Seeing a good bit of 2019 Valentines in the abandoned eggs, if you need some now is a good time to look. 10:01 am et

Great event and exciting dragon, thank you everyone!

Personally I like Olivia's story the best. Went into it thinking it would be the typical uptight girl learns to loosen up, but it had surprisingly good character development, and I felt really happy with the ending where we're all sitting on the rooftop. Think my least favourite was Ion personally. 

I'm not a dating sim fan, so i didn't participate in the event this year, but the dragons look great! Look forward to seeing the adults

45 minutes ago, High Lord November said:

Great event and exciting dragon, thank you everyone!

Personally I like Olivia's story the best. Went into it thinking it would be the typical uptight girl learns to loosen up, but it had surprisingly good character development, and I felt really happy with the ending where we're all sitting on the rooftop. Think my least favourite was Ion personally. 

You can do a very similar version where you all end up at the dance :)

Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I've been nice and supportive all the time so far, but with Mordred I guess I'll join whatever shenanigans he's going to get involved in. 😂253155589_Matildascribble.png.fab98a179a97f02a0e30c7d3a21836f7.png

Edit: I hope it's okay to use a screenshot of this as my profile pic.

Edited by Gluria

30 minutes ago, Gluria said:

Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I've been nice and supportive all the time so far, but with Mordred I guess I'll join whatever shenanigans he's going to get involved in. 😂253155589_Matildascribble.png.fab98a179a97f02a0e30c7d3a21836f7.png

Edit: I hope it's okay to use a screenshot of this as my profile pic.

That's amazing, I just saw that in my game!

28 minutes ago, scalesofgrey said:

Was Ion's dad a Pillow dragon?

I think so too.

Edited by Rexsaurus

29 minutes ago, scalesofgrey said:

Was Ion's dad a Pillow dragon?

Ah, maybe! Fluff?

I will join the chorus of those wishing we didn't have to got through all the preliminaries that are the same for every path. It is a lot of wasted time even with displaying all of the text at once in each box. There should be a way to get directly to the choice screen after you have gone through one time!

I am loving the artwork in this event. The dragons are just amazing! I still have not done all the paths. So far, Olivia and Alun are my favorites.

Me upon seeing what the event was this year: "Oh no, a stupid school-age dating game."

Me upon completing a couple stories:  "Can I skip the first section and get to the point where I make choices?  I want to see all the endings."

Anyone know how to get the good ending with the Script dragon? I'm sure I  did everything right, but I ended up not even going to the dance. Was I supposed to encourage him drawing on the door?

Edited by InfiniteGalaxiezz05

3 minutes ago, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

Anyone know how to get the good ending with the Script dragon? I'm sure I  did everything right, but I ended up not even going to the dance. Was I supposed to encourage him drawing on the door?

Yup! Join in the shenanigans! :P

54 minutes ago, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

Yes.

Finished all the paths and got a date every time except for Wilda. We have a lot in common, I suppose :D.

LOVED this event. The writing was particularly good on Olivia's story. She's an ice queen, but even ice melts under the warm sun. Loved reading the banter between the dragons and the player, and trying to befriend everyone that I could. Some of the endings were fluffly <3 LOVED the GOT and Sailor Moon reference. Thank you for this event! Made me almost miss my school days :D

1 hour ago, BrazenChase said:

Yup! Join in the shenanigans! :P

I join in on the shenanigans but I can't seem to go to the dance.

7 hours ago, tiny_gremlin said:

What's your favorite Valentine hatchie?  I really like Heartstealing S1 hatchies.  Little pink squiggles!

I think the Heartseekers are my favorite s1 hatchie, bright and sleek. I also really like the Rosebud's s2 hatchie, and the Valentine '09 s1 is fairly cute too. 

I'm feeling 'behind' on the v-day game now, as I wasn't able to play at all this morning and I went to bed early-ish last night... I've gone through Alun's path completely, getting both endings, and Tsoko's as well. I've done one run with Mordred, but we didn't go to the dance so I need to do that over. Haven't tried Wilda since the first day (is the glitch fixed?), and no Olivia at all yet (I'm kinda not liking her so far...). Oh, did Ion and got to the dance on the first try, they are just *so* adorable!

I'm having the time of my life with Mordred. The Real Punk King and The Other Cool Punk. I really hope I'll get him to dance!

Edit: The two Ridiculous Punks did it! Yeehaw!
I still have some options to try out, but this one easily tops so far. Love it. 🤣

Edited by Gluria

Has anyone figured out how to get Wilda to the dance? I'd appreciate some pointers, she's the only one still eluding me even though I'm pretty sure she's responding positively to all the choices I make.

9 minutes ago, MissK. said:

Has anyone figured out how to get Wilda to the dance? I'd appreciate some pointers, she's the only one still eluding me even though I'm pretty sure she's responding positively to all the choices I make.

I didn't get her to the dance either. Perhaps she really does want to just stay home and read a book. Hoping someone has an alternate answer ❤️

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I think the Heartseekers are my favorite s1 hatchie, bright and sleek. I also really like the Rosebud's s2 hatchie, and the Valentine '09 s1 is fairly cute too. 

I'm feeling 'behind' on the v-day game now, as I wasn't able to play at all this morning and I went to bed early-ish last night... I've gone through Alun's path completely, getting both endings, and Tsoko's as well. I've done one run with Mordred, but we didn't go to the dance so I need to do that over. Haven't tried Wilda since the first day (is the glitch fixed?), and no Olivia at all yet (I'm kinda not liking her so far...). Oh, did Ion and got to the dance on the first try, they are just *so* adorable!

I never managed to get to the dance with Ion.  But I did like the time with the rabbits, so . . . hm.

11 hours ago, Imzadi83 said:

What kind of dragon are you pretending to be if that's the way you're going?

My first go-through I was a Daydream; but after reading a comment about flying and how that doesn't rule out being a type without wings, I decided I was a Mint. That also makes a good explanation why I'm buddies with a Guardian.

I got to the prom with Olivia! Only one problem - my character is a straight female, and Olivia seems to be hitting on me. How do I tell her gently that I bat for the other team?

Edited by Moondragon007

8 minutes ago, Moondragon007 said:

I got to the prom with Olivia! Only one problem - my character is a straight female, and Olivia seems to be hitting on me. How do I tell her gently that I bat for the other team?

Subjectively, I consider it like reading a book, rather than putting yourself in the position of the protagonist. There has been several confusions as to who, or what, is the protagonist really is. After playing through all the routes, I found that each branch from Day 1 is written with different types of protagonists in mind, some would convince you that you're a dragon, others would convince you that you're human. I might be wrong, but that's what I think of the event so far :)

11 hours ago, Imzadi83 said:

In the Tsoko one though he mentions you going to study to become a mage which I assumed was a human occupation back on the intro post.

The way I figure it, humans go to mage school to learn how to use magic; dragons go to mage school to learn how to more effectively use their inborn magic. Kind of like going to the Xavier Academy - you already have a power, you just have to learn how to use it.

I also figure my character is a dragon raised by humans, which is why she thinks in terms of arms and hands instead of front legs and paws.

Edited by Moondragon007

I'm driving myself nuts trying to decide if I should dump one of my 2019 eggs so I can hunt the AP some more. I *hate* being locked!