TJ09

2019-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

2 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

The Valentines 09 were updated.  And if these get updated, the artists might go back to this thread for suggestions.

They got an update when DC was going through major changes, hardly the same thing.

6 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

They got an update when DC was going through major changes, hardly the same thing.

*shrug* never say never...especially in all caps.

Edited by random_dragon_collector

I do have to agree that the heart patterns on the wings look a little... unnecessary. The wings themselves look gorgeous with those colors and would look even better without the heart patterns covering so much of them. But otherwise I think the sprite looks alright. :)

59 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@Tinibree actually they do. One spriter even mentioned they have done updates based on feedback. At least do your research..

Hey, that artist here. Just wanted to add that that’s very rare, and most artists don’t change released art unless they are personally unhappy with it. One of those two cases I mentioned was because a non-site artist whose work I admire mentioned something, so I DMed them and made a small edit. The other was rather public, and was because there was a very negative reaction and it left me and my collaborator feeling very hurt, and we just wanted to quell some of the negativity. It’s, again, why I think it’s very important to word feedback with a positive spin when possible. It takes little effort and can make a massive difference in how the artists receive your feedback.

Edited by PieMaster

I quite liked that detail, hearts and a bit of blue in the wings. 

It is a Valentine's after all, and in the end just all made up dragon sprites.

Thanks @PieMaster

I gotta say, game me has strange idea for music.

(seriously what the heck self :P)

edit: holy heck i actually went to the dance with Harle, i thought i wasn't going to.

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Got around to finishing the last routes I hadn't done in the game today. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. Cheers, and thanks for all the hard work! 

2 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

I gotta say, game me has strange idea for music.

(seriously what the heck self :P)

Seriously! There is no 'normal' music choice at all, every single option is so out there and weird! Cow and bird sounds at a school dance?? Whaaaa? I would say something like 'maybe dragons like really strange music', but based on their reactions to our choices I don't think so. 

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

Seriously! There is no 'normal' music choice at all, every single option is so out there and weird! Cow and bird sounds at a school dance?? Whaaaa? I would say something like 'maybe dragons like really strange music', but based on their reactions to our choices I don't think so. 

Or the lute covers of death metal. :D

(the fact i had the choice for storms and I think rain for the very first choice, makes me think I was a storm dragon or something like that for that route.)

Oh my gosh, I love these. The heart-shaped markings, the cherry blossoms, their playfulness, the colors - everything.

I am loving these dragons. The legs remind me of a Velociraptor. 

I'm not a spriter, but I am an artist, and anatomically I think it's sound. The wings go all the way to the tail, which should provide enough strength to give the dragon lift. The Game of Thrones dragons get lift, although their wings don't look large enough to sustain their weight too. 

I want to collect an army of these. The colors, the pose... I can't wait to see what lineages people create with these!

I love the new dragon. Great job. :)

Such an entertaining event. Olivia's route was my favorite.

This year's adults look stunning! I especially like the wings' little heart patterns.

And I have just put myself into terminal hatchling lock! I will get 2 slots back in 14 hours, but the rest are more than a day out! Yikes! :o 

Guess I might as well finish the last two routes in the event while I have nothing else I can do. XD It just feels like a lot of work to get to the point where they branch. And I know I won't bother trying to go back and enter different responses to try and get different results. So far Harle was the only one I didn't get to go to the dance with.

And I will say again how much I love the artwork for the event! Tsoko is magnificent and I love the way it even looks like he rolls his eyes at times -- and the tears!!! And Alun is beautifully done -- really they all are.

29 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

I am loving these dragons. The legs remind me of a Velociraptor. 

I'm not a spriter, but I am an artist, and anatomically I think it's sound. The wings go all the way to the tail, which should provide enough strength to give the dragon lift. The Game of Thrones dragons get lift, although their wings don't look large enough to sustain their weight too. 

I want to collect an army of these. The colors, the pose... I can't wait to see what lineages people create with these!

Actually, when you look at the pinned post on this thread, you can see the drawing of the dragon, and I think the wing proportions are much better in the artwork than the sprite. I'm not sure why that's not reflected in the sprite itself. I understand again that they needed to be shrunk a little to fit in the square box that is at most 120x120 pixels for spriting and still retain decent detail on other features, ..but the artist themselves says the wings are supposed to big, yet they do not look big on the sprite.

I do actually quite like the drawing, if it means anything.

2 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

The Valentines 09 were updated.  And if these get updated, the artists might go back to this thread for suggestions.

And the Hollies too, I believe.

2 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

That was my choice and not the result of any user suggestions.

We don’t really want this type of feedback, honestly.

1 minute ago, Marrionetta said:

That was my choice and not the result of any user suggestions.

We don’t really want this type of feedback, honestly.

Artists don't get to choose the kind of feedback they get.  You're artists, folks are going to comment on your work.  That's how it is.

4 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Artists don't get to choose the kind of feedback they get.  You're artists, folks are going to comment on your work.  That's how it is.

A bit like fanfic writers.  Reviews are part of the game.  Not necessarily a pleasant part, but a part.  

Personally, the critiques listed here are WAY nicer than most of the nasty reviews I've gotten in the past on my writing (and I consider myself a pretty good writer).  

P.S. That said, I'm not entirely certain that this is the place to list those critiques, at least at this time?

Edited by tiny_gremlin

I'm just wondering when we get the hatchie wall. I'm hoping I'll be online for it, to dump these eggs for one or two to freeze.

Anyone got a time on close to the last bred eggs? @purplehaze ?

8 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Could those folks maybe put in an effort to not be terrible or critical to a cutting degree? That’s I think the point you’re willfully missing here. This isnt haute art or a gallery installation. This is a game community and believe it or not standards of decent conduct can exist here.

Not issuing critique on a sprite is default; making critical statements is a choice.