TJ09

2019-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

@purplehaze I was completely unaware and was so disappointed to see that egg become a pink sweetling. I really wanted a second CB black and I got that. I feel really uneasy about it and really dont like that. Hopefully this is fixed in terms of our scrolls being absolutely alt locked regardless of where we get those eggs. I'd love and appreciate to have my pink one changed to black but if thats not possible I'd much rather have it completely removed from my scroll than to keep it. Hopefully something is fixed in that regards. We'll see tho lol.

Can't say I enjoyed the event this year. I found it rather... unsettling =P Do people in real life really blink and nod once as affirmation? Lol that's such an anime thing to do. But I know I am not the targeted audience for high school romance or visual novels, so that's fine -- I do like murder mystery ones though. I was hoping the entire time some of the dragons would start winding up dead, followed by snazzy fast-beat techno music. Detective tropes > romance tropes.

Dragon is okay. I'm happy it's a wyvern-- finally a holiday wyvern -- but I am disappointed it's the usual pink flowery colors. I saw some people describing it as purple, but I very much see pink on my screen. I'm bored of pink; I've come to appreciate Radiant Angel, Heartseeker, and Soulstone lineages a lot more over the years. Might pair these with blue banded dragons.

If an artist were to pull a 180 and release a holiday dragon with non stereotyped colors, like a green Valentine or a black Christmas, I assure you I too will don the armor of a white knight and valiantly defend the choice. Experimentation should be lauded.

I think the design on the wings comes through a lot better in the artwork than on the sprite itself; the blue color isn't as drowned out. My headcanon for the heart-shaped markings on many Vday dragons is that it's a malignant and highly contagious melanoma. Scientists are still struggling to come up with an effective cootie shot.

Boy, would I love to see a goth-y Valentine . . . *dreams*

I'm glad this one isn't too pink.  The S2 hatchies are pretty sweet.  

44 minutes ago, AnanoKimi said:

@purplehaze I was completely unaware and was so disappointed to see that egg become a pink sweetling. I really wanted a second CB black and I got that. I feel really uneasy about it and really dont like that. Hopefully this is fixed in terms of our scrolls being absolutely alt locked regardless of where we get those eggs. I'd love and appreciate to have my pink one changed to black but if thats not possible I'd much rather have it completely removed from my scroll than to keep it. Hopefully something is fixed in that regards. We'll see tho lol.

I am pretty sure it is not going to be changed.  If it makes you that unhappy, release it or if not grown yet, abandon it.

There is a Heartseeker wall right now standing at 3 days and 19 hours.

If the last eggs were bred on February 14 at 11:59 PM EST/DC, then the last eggs are currently at 4 days and 0-1 hour(s). 

So, we have about 5 hours between the current eggs and the last batch of eggs, if the times in the AP stay at 3 days and 19 hours.

Edited by Shokomon
it should just be 5 hours, not about 4 or 5 hours

I love the new dragon, but I do agree that we NEED a dark valentine's dragon!

I would love something like alt Sweetling! for the next year!

and speaking of alt, does anyone know what the Sakuhana Alt is like? that must be very beautiful!

*prays to get a 2g*

1 minute ago, Shibunari said:

I love the new dragon, but I do agree that we NEED a dark valentine's dragon!

How about a Valentine dragon for all the singles out there?

1 minute ago, tiny_gremlin said:

How about a Valentine dragon for all the singles out there?

I will have all of them *forever alone* XD

Just now, tiny_gremlin said:

Or a dragon that symbolizes "unrequited love."

BUT, and for the alone/single by choice? 

I do like the "unrequited love" theme!

1 minute ago, Shibunari said:

BUT, and for the alone/single by choice? 

I do like the "unrequited love" theme!

All of the above.  I'm mostly Ace, so Valentine's day tends to be bittersweet.  

Seems like a lot of the "we want access to alts" feeling would die down if we got a nice black, goth v-day dragon.  I actually thought it would happen this year.  This isn't a knock on the artists at all--this is about DragonCave choosing pink every year.

Just now, random_dragon_collector said:

Seems like a lot of the "we want access to alts" feeling would die down if we got a nice black, goth v-day dragon.  I actually thought it would happen this year.  

Man, that'd be sweet!

1 minute ago, tiny_gremlin said:

All of the above.  I'm mostly Ace, so Valentine's day tends to be bittersweet.  

Oh! Hi from another so very much ACE! XD

1 minute ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Seems like a lot of the "we want access to alts" feeling would die down if we got a nice black, goth v-day dragon.  I actually thought it would happen this year.  This isn't a knock on the artists at all--this is about DragonCave choosing pink every year.

Yes! I'm bitter about the Alt sweetling, so maybe a stunning black/dark new valentine would appease me ❤️

1 hour ago, AnanoKimi said:

Hopefully this is fixed in terms of our scrolls being absolutely alt locked regardless of where we get those eggs.

Which is exactly the way it was -- before TJ changed it last year! I don't really want to restart the drama about that from last year, though.

I tried to have a conversation about that, but eh.

I would like a black valentine though. I had some plans for one a while ago but felt like I couldn't execute it well enough. I'd try again but I don't know if this website is worth my effort anymore.

I like the new release. The colours are very soft and it reminds me of Valentines. I would like to thank the artist who took the time to share their work with us here. 

Doc Mumma

Oh, my! The new release is stunning! It's one of my favourite Valentines ever. I love the colors and the detailing. Thank you so much!

What would really be cool is a multi val/xmas release... Maybe incorporating drakes, two headeds and pygmies. _dreams

We technically already have a holiday pygmy - Pumpkin Dragons.

Now, we just need a drake and a Two-headed Dragon.

I really don't get how people are seeing it as a pink dragon. Like, the mane is pink for sure, the hearts on the wings and body are, but the body itself is purple. Its a pink leaning purple but still purple. It is much closer to the soulstone color than it is any of the pink breeds (I really wish they could breed they'd look so good together). There has to be some weird monitor stuff going on like with that dress.

Don't get me wrong I strongly advocate for something not in the purple/pink/red family for valentines but, I just can't see these as pink. Like floral-crowned last year with that dark green? I love it! Lean more heavily into the flower side of things. Chocolate dragon is also acceptable.

Edited by Tinibree

I looked at the eggs and imagined them.
Since it's a warm egg with flowers, wouldn't it be a beautiful dragon with a light color?
But the Adults that appeared had more of the colors of Japanese wisteria flowers and rivers drawn on kimono than cherry blossoms. It's a pity.😂

12 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh GOD that heartseeker wall. 

I know, right?  And I adore Heartseekers!  But... 

I'm so paranoid they'll clear out while I'm at work, and I'll miss the last of the Valentine's eggs!