TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Just now, Syiren said:

out of curiosity, I checked out your scroll and I wanted to thank you for offering your blue for my green. I recognize the "WO" code as the one I put up for trade. :D

Ah, it's you! Thank you for the trade too! I'm glad we are able to help each other out. :D

When I saw the mimic hatchlings, my first thought was that they would probably look good bred with pumpkins.  I'm thrilled that they have a "halloweeny" theme, making them even more apt!

3 minutes ago, scalesofgrey said:

Ah, it's you! Thank you for the trade too! I'm glad we are able to help each other out. :D

Totally! If you ever want to trade in the future or need a hand breeding a mate for anything don't be afraid to PM me. I'd be happy to help. ^_^

When you really think about it, I imagine ANY dragon breed might find it a little problematic that we steal, trade, and buy their children. We view it as adoption, the dragons on our scrolls probably view it as adoption (otherwise once they're grown they would not stay!), but the wild dragons don't necessarily see it that way...

12 minutes ago, tjekan said:

When you really think about it, I imagine ANY dragon breed might find it a little problematic that we steal, trade, and buy their children. We view it as adoption, the dragons on our scrolls probably view it as adoption (otherwise once they're grown they would not stay!), but the wild dragons don't necessarily see it that way...

Yeah, especially if we think of most dragon breeds as relatively intelligent. There are plenty of animals who basically abandon their young fairly early, don't tend to do much to actually care for them, but if dragons are more mentally advanced then that they must think we are pretty horrible!

not to mention everything we do to those eggs and the dragons that come otu of them, from biting to neglecting, to zombie-fying xD

34 minutes ago, tjekan said:

TJ once said that the eggs rolled away have been rejected and that dragon parents normally keep their eggs closer but yea, there are still huge shades of creepiness to it.

It's kinda the price of having more freedom with the lore, the dragons are able to do more but it's also super creepy when the game-goggles come off.

Part of me thinks it would be funny and kind of fitting if dragons stole people away because they like "adopting" humans in a similar way to how humans like "adopting" dragons and it was just a staple of life in the DC universe.

Royalty gets taken more often because they're rares - princesses = CB golds!

"Honey, a dragon sole our child to raise at it's own!"
"Again? Are we rares or something?!"

"Whelp no time like the present, lets make another child!"

"Sounds good."

*Several rare hunting dragons are rapid fire refreshing the page*

"This baby has blue eyes and-" *CLICK*

"DARNIT CAN'T WE KEEP JUST ONE?"

"Whelp no time like the present!"

Edited by blockEdragon

21 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Show me the purples

Anyone have any, yet? All I am seeing in the hatchery ERs are still blue. *worries*

My egg is at 3d1h and I'm so afraid of putting it in a hatchery and getting a blue... x w x

Holding out until it turns 3d

One of mine just hatched blue at 3 days. I'm guessing it was still too early, even though I waited until after it hit 3 days. 3 more to go...

Edited by The Dragoness

Have we seen any purples yet? A part of me is nervous about it not being 3 natural days but 2 natural days, but honestly that feels so extreme so I really hope not. 😕 Watching the hatcheries for purples.

edit: Come to think of it, I'm not even sure we'll have a high chance of us seeing any purples in the hatcheries. Unless on-site-only players lurk in the forums frequently, a lot of people might not even think to try waiting until 2 days.

Edited by Toasttt

19 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

TJ once said that the eggs rolled away have been rejected and that dragon parents normally keep their eggs closer but yea, there are still huge shades of creepiness to it.

It's kinda the price of having more freedom with the lore, the dragons are able to do more but it's also super creepy when the game-goggles come off.

Part of me thinks it would be funny and kind of fitting if dragons stole people away because they like "adopting" humans in a similar way to how humans like "adopting" dragons and it was just a staple of life in the DC universe.

Royalty gets taken more often because they're rares - princesses = CB golds!

"Honey, a dragon sole our child to raise at it's own!"
"Again? Are we rares or something?!"

"Whelp no time like the present, lets make another child!"

"Sounds good."

"This baby has blue eyes and-" *CLICK*

"DARNIT CAN'T WE KEEP JUST ONE?"

"Whelp no time like the present!"

Lmao. I'm equal to uncommon then. XD pale, but Green eyes and brown hair.

19 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

not to mention everything we do to those eggs and the dragons that come otu of them, from biting to neglecting, to zombie-fying xD

I actually still, after like 10 years of playing, cannot bring myself to have a neglected dragon. The text about the poor thing being so stunted that it is dependent on its owner even though it doesn't like you is too soul-crushing. For some reason I decided to be OK with zombies one year, but haven't yet been willing to go back for the cool new zombie sprites. 🙂

Just now, tjekan said:

I actually still, after like 10 years of playing, cannot bring myself to have a neglected dragon. The text about the poor thing being so stunted that it is dependent on its owner even though it doesn't like you is too soul-crushing. For some reason I decided to be OK with zombies one year, but haven't yet been willing to go back for the cool new zombie sprites. 🙂

my 3 neglecteds were actually gifts from a really generous user back around the time i first started dragoncave xD they're the most pampered things on my scroll, getting the very top spot and each described. My first neglected was actually my chosen dragon for the valentine event where you built them a hoard and attracted a mate

but on subject, i just hatched a new green! his code is rPUqN, so he's been named "Repugnant Green" >.>

21e0906e2256cb6d27c2ebcf31bd77c0.png

Really? The worst I've done {Technically} on purpose was use the EQ BSA and Bite it for a Vamp, and usually they die. 💔

On 7/30/2018 at 5:18 PM, Nightwalkerkey said:

I've used up all my incubates, too, so I have to wait even longer. I was hatching/tossing them back about a week before the release just for fun, but now I wish I'd kept them. I think it's time to build up that red army again so I don't run into this issue next time.

What I did long ago was to breed Reds and Pinks between Drops until I now have 45 Reds and 36 Pinks and have never run out of them when I needed them... 

10 minutes ago, tjekan said:

I gave up trying to get a ND, but I totally lucked out when I was given an extremely low-time 3G Checker Bronze and I shoved it into the ER's in an attempt to save it. Low and behold, it turned right as it hatched and I ended up with an amazing ND. It's my only one, but I treasure it so much. :wub:

I traded for two more Blues which brings my Blue count to three, so, I'm good with them. Now to wait for my one egg to hit at least 2 days or less in the hopes that it'll hatch purple. Anyone else see any purples yet?

Edited by Syiren
typos...why do you hate me?

10 minutes ago, tjekan said:

I've never made a zombie or an ND, but I've been considering starting to work on NDs for awhile now. Was gonna start Sunday or something but then the release happened. :lol: I don't know if I would ever keep an ND, though; might trade it or something, depends on how I felt actually having it. I feel like I would feel bad for it.

So, no purples yet? I really thought we had it figured out, oop.

Still? I thought we worked out how to get them?

I neglected to post the last post above for a few hours...  I just realized it.

Anyway, I have been able to grab 6 of each of the new releases, taken over a period of time.  A gendered pair from each biome for each breed.  To balance it out, I grabbed another one from each biome of the pygmies... and gendered them as a pair.  

To top it all off, I found a CB Brown Copper...  This has been a good drop...

4 minutes ago, Kaini said:

So, no purples yet? I really thought we had it figured out, oop.

I wish I had eggs ready to experiment with, but all of them are at least five days. Been watching the hatchery, but all of the eggs I've seen in there range from 4d1hr and 3d23hr. 😕

edit: I just went back to the hatchery, found a couple that are 3d1hr. Gonna watch them and see if they switch over to 3d0hr before they hatch.

Edited by Toasttt

4 minutes ago, Toasttt said:

I've never made a zombie or an ND, but I've been considering starting to work on NDs for awhile now. Was gonna start Sunday or something but then the release happened. :lol: I don't know if I would ever keep an ND, though; might trade it or something, depends on how I felt actually having it. I feel like I would feel bad for it.

It depends on the backstory you give it imo. Sure, what happens to them is sad, but if you give it a backstory to explain why it turned out the way it did it might help make it a bit easier to handle. The one I mentioned earlier, as I didn't intend for it to ND, I gave it a fitting description. https://dragcave.net/view/oVQDK

I'm really surprised there aren't any purple yet. do they really have to be under two days? Or does it need another specific BSA to turn purple?

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

It depends on the backstory you give it imo. Sure, what happens to them is sad, but if you give it a backstory to explain why it turned out the way it did it might help make it a bit easier to handle. The one I mentioned earlier, as I didn't intend for it to ND, I gave it a fitting description. https://dragcave.net/view/oVQDK

I'm really surprised there aren't any purple yet. do they really have to be under two days? Or does it need another specific BSA to turn purple?

A backstory is a neat idea! 😮 I never thought about that!

I thought that like, many MANY pages ago, while we were still figuring out what they were, it was mentioned that "once you find out how to get two, the third one is easy"? We know how to get the green and blue variations, so I think that purple is still time-related.