TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

2 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Click it, in /view. It'll show up for you if you're logged in

Ah! I thought you couldn't see that when it was fogged! Thank you! ^_^ It's at exactly 3 days right now . . . I think I'll wait at least an hour.

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

let us know! fingers crossed for you

It was blue :(

3 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I have an egg at 2 days 23 hours. I'm too curious to wait, so I'm unfogging it.

Oh man, good luck! Really hope it comes out purple :')

2 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i only doing it on the dragons that are really really special to me on my scroll xD it's usually a tasking process for me to come up with something creative to put down, and it usually takes a while for things to be approved, so i use Describe sparingly. But he was a gift, and my first ever valuable dragon because i was still new to DC

Aww! That's so cool! :D

edit: Oh no, @The Dragoness 😧

Edited by Toasttt

Just now, Naraku said:

I saw an egg hatch blue at 2d 23h. So 3d or less for purple is looking unlikely. :( 

It might have been incubated still, I think. There's hope....

Just now, The Dragoness said:

It was blue :(

aww =( and it definitely wasn't incubated?

I'll wait a extra day on my egg, and hatch it at 1 day, and we'll see what happens. So instead of hatching it tomorrow, i'll hatch if Friday

25 minutes ago, tjekan said:

I actually still, after like 10 years of playing, cannot bring myself to have a neglected dragon. The text about the poor thing being so stunted that it is dependent on its owner even though it doesn't like you is too soul-crushing. For some reason I decided to be OK with zombies one year, but haven't yet been willing to go back for the cool new zombie sprites. 🙂

“This breed of dragon results from eggs or hatchlings that have been neglected. They are usually rebellious, not obeying their masters, sometimes even attacking them. However, their neglect as a hatchling leaves them crippled, and they are weak compared to other breeds, causing them to stay with their masters for protection.”

I think that if you traded for one then you could make its story of rescue rather than neglect. Just because the breed typically doesn’t like its master, that may refer more to the person who actually neglected them. Then it would still have problems, but it could find a lot of care in your cave. Like say the Red dragons heat up on of the pools where water gathers so they can soak away some of the pain.

That’s some Pollyanna thinking, and I know that some people go with a grittier story, but I’m a marshmallow inside. :D 

Maybe it's like this, instead:

- Green - Incubated, didn't wait at all

- Blue - Waited another day

- Purple - Waited another two days from Blue's time (2d left)

1 minute ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

It could've been incubated, but at the same time, I've been watching the hatchery cycle by for awhile now, and I haven't seen a single purple.

5 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

aww =( and it definitely wasn't incubated?

I'll wait a extra day on my egg, and hatch it at 1 day, and we'll see what happens. So instead of hatching it tomorrow, i'll hatch if Friday

Nope. It was caught on the 29th.

I have no idea how purples work now. Does anyone have ideas?

Edit: link removed so hatchling doesn't get sick

Edited by The Dragoness

Sorry for the weird quote, I can't figure out how to remove it on mobile.

I wonder how close/low we have to get before we start making neglecteds lol

2 minutes ago, Naraku said:

Can you imagine what would happen if the Neglecteds were released just now?

(imagining their mechanics are the same, but didn't exist before a fancy release)

Just now, The Dragoness said:

the spriter did say that once you get the first two, the third is easy. But maybe that was just figuring out the mechanic....

i'll keep my egg fogged until it's under 2 days and we'll hope for the best. maybe someone will hatch a purple before then and we'll know sooner, otherwise that'll at least tell us if a 1 day egg hatches into a purple

3 minutes ago, Arkee said:

Maybe it's like this, instead:

- Green - Incubated, didn't wait at all

- Blue - Waited another day

- Purple - Waited another two days from Blue's time (2d left)

This is so testing my patience /wheeze

3 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Sorry for the weird quote, I can't figure out how to remove it on mobile. 

I wonder how close/low we have to get before we start making neglecteds lol 

inb4 the new neglecteds are purple siyats. :lol:

edit: no but seriously these purple siyats aren't kings and queens for nothing.

Edited by Toasttt

Just now, Nightwalkerkey said:

It was not incubated, the stolen date was 29th. 

1 minute ago, The Dragoness said:

One of my comments above, I suggested maybe the key phrase that was given to us is a clue. "Lost Time" the only time-based BSA I can think of are the Red's, which speed up incubation time, or Bolts which slow down the incubation time. Perhaps hitting 'slo-mo' will give us the purples we need?

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

One of my comments above, I suggested maybe the key phrase that was given to us is a clue. "Lost Time" the only time-based BSA I can think of are the Red's, which speed up incubation time, or Bolts which slow down the incubation time. Perhaps hitting 'slo-mo' will give us the purples we need?

Eggs can't be stunned.

2 minutes ago, Syiren said:

stun works on hatchlings though, not eggs. 

i'm hoping for 1 day hatch dates, i'm keeping my fingers crossed for that and will attempt it with my own, but i really hope we figure this out xD these eggs are going to sit on my scroll for ages

I thought the third was supposed to be easy. 

Slightly more agitated that it may need another day...definitely gonna try and get my goals and be done with the purple lol

1 minute ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I thought the third was supposed to be easy. 

Slightly more agitated that it may need another day...definitely gonna try and get my goals and be done with the purple lol

yea, i think i'm just going to breed blues. I like them the best anyways

3 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I tried STUN on both a green and a blue hatchling, just in case.  No color change XD 

Just now, Sirithiliel said:

stun works on hatchlings though, not eggs. 

i'm hoping for 1 day hatch dates, i'm keeping my fingers crossed for that and will attempt it with my own, but i really hope we figure this out xD these eggs are going to sit on my scroll for ages

*facepalm* you're so right. ugh, I need to use that BSA more often. I've used it maybe 3 times since we got 'em? xD wow. I guess that's a good sign that I need to go to bed. My local time is in perfect sync with cave time, so yeah, it's currently 1:27 am for me. xD 

Well phoo, no purples at 3 days? I'm confuzzled. The third color is supposed to be easy to figure out once we know the green and blue, right? So it must be something easy, still time-based.... Guess I'll be waiting to see what happens when people start getting eggs below 2 days. 

Or, even more evil, watch it be under 1day. 

On that note I'm going to sleep. Maybe purple will come tomorrow night