TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

I kind of wonder...since incubating is needed to get the greens, is stunning required to get the purples? I mean, I know we cannot stun eggs, and I do not know of anything else that affects hatchlings, but if the hiding does not work, that will be my next try.

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

TJ's eggs are usually at around 3 days when they start, no?

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

TJ's eggs are usually at around 3 days when they start, no?

Yes - well, I thought 4 days and a few hours actually - but we all know his don't play normal !

This will be tough - I shall be on the road.

Obviously it could’ve been a glitch / TJ doing something, but all his hatched purple... while impervious to death by sickness.

We can’t do the exact same, but I wander if Ward is equivalent. 

I seriously doubt that a BSA for something else would affect or change a color of something, that makes no sense for the BSA.  I think it is more a matter that TJ can get whatever sprite he wants and he didn't want to wait til they had one day left.  But is worth a try to experiment around with different scenarios.

32 minutes ago, ComatosedRoses said:

Has anyone tried immediately getting clicks at 7 days and just warding the egg?

Yes. I put my eggs into DDF straight away and use ward as a matter of course on new eggs - I also used influenced & incubate on all of them.. My first batch all hatched Green, because we didn't know the mechanics. My second batch (also warded) are currently fogged until tomorrow when they should (hopefully) hatch Blue.

1 minute ago, 49ER said:

I seriously doubt that a BSA for something else would affect or change a color of something, that makes no sense for the BSA.  I think it is more a matter that TJ can get whatever sprite he wants and he didn't want to wait til they had one day left.  But is worth a try to experiment around with different scenarios.

Well we already can’t get Greens without using incubate, so...

38 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You wait for neglecteds. What is the difference ?

Well, I most often get mine from the AP, so it isn't a long wait with incubate.  At least, not if I have a choice.  And despite having made a  LOT of them, the thrill of seeing an egg turn green never fades.  There is no way having an egg hatch purple after a long wait is going to come close...unless it hatches and offers me a diamond.  Then I would consider it.

I'm leaving my egg which is currently at 3 days and 23 hours to hatch when it has left than a day left just to see what happens. Not incubated btw

But using incubate affects the time the egg hatches, but doesn't defeat the purpose of the incubate BSA.  Warding an egg that is not sick to change a color doesn't seem logical.  

14 minutes ago, 49ER said:

I think he wanted us to know that there WERE 3 colours.

3 minutes ago, 49ER said:

But using incubate affects the time the egg hatches, but doesn't defeat the purpose of the incubate BSA.  Warding an egg that is not sick to change a color doesn't seem logical.  

If you use incubate on these, you still have to wait till they are below 4 days unincubated time to hatch blue. And to get green you HAVE to incubate as they have to hatch before the 4 day mark.

It never for one moment occurred to me to ward an egg that was not in any way at risk... and I have literally hundreds of whites. I can't how it helps anything here - unless perhaps when you get down to the 2 hour (unincubated) mark.

There is always the possibility to only get them through breeding.  But that would take a  much longer waiting time to find that out.

3 minutes ago, 49ER said:

There is always the possibility to only get them through breeding.  But that would take a  much longer waiting time to find that out.

I believe Corteo confirmed that all 3 colors are obtainable as CB eggs.

Oohh, pretty dragons, interesting concept. :) Many thanks to everyone involved!

Jeez, still no purples I'm hearing?

Welp, guess who's never gonna have a purple Siyat on their scroll - me! My (very lazily pursued) scroll goals be damned, I'm not planning on waiting a week to hatch an egg for a dragon I luckily don't even have breeding plans for.

I think it's the time between the catching day and the hatching day.

So, with incabuting, this is 2 days minimum ==> green/white

Without incubating : 3-4 days ==> blue (all my eggs weren't incabuted and hatched after 4 days lefts)

For the purpl, it's probably 5-6 days, or less than 2 days left. 

It's a supposition, but the description of the adults I have seen on Dragon wiki matchs this supposition.

PS : Sorry for my poor english...

At this point, pretty sure the "get the first two, the third is easy" is one massive joke. Seriously. Watch purple be a ridiculously unobtainable alt or something and we're just killing our eggs for nothing. I feel bad for everyone who has killed or hatched their eggs early trying to figure this out.

At this point, I may as well try for an ND. Never did because I don't like the thought of killing dergs, haven't even attempted zombies yet for that reason. But if getting purple is basically forcing you to do an ND-type thing, well...

Edited by animatedrose

6 minutes ago, quinney said:

Mine are at 3 days 23 and are staying fogged for purple...

...and if you get them by not incubating and waiting six days, I'm waiting for nothing!

I have an egg that'll hit 3 days (without incubate) in a couple hours. I'm going to hatch it then and see what color it turns. For Science!

Edited by Predat0rs

8 minutes ago, animatedrose said:

"get the first two, the third is easy"

I wondered about that as well. We didn't think we were supposed to be here pulling out our hair at this stage.

Edited by quinney