TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Just now, *Silver Fox* said:

Well, I'm guessing the blue are non-incubated eggs when they reach 4 days or lower, and the purple ones are maybe, just MAYBE, hatched from eggs that had under a day or so. Not sure though.

Ahhh, thank you for the explanation! If this is the mechanic, I should have a...somewhat...easy time getting the other colours. I'm extremely patient when I need to be ❤️

Basically, this.  And I'd wait an additional half hour on the blues and purples.  Of course there are no purple yet, so we will see if this is correct:

To get green: hatch the egg when it has more than 4 days left.  This is only possible if you incubate.
  To get blue, hatch the egg at under 4 day, but more that 3 days, without incubating. If you do incubate, then the hatch time would have to be under 3 days and more than 2 days.
  To get purple, hatch the egg when it has less than 3 days left.  If incubated, it would have to be under 2 days.

This is copied from another post which I cannot find now.  If it changes, someone will correct me. :)
Edited by Imzadi

1 minute ago, Imzadi said:

Basically, this.  And I'd wait an additional half hour on the blues and purples.  Of course there are no purple yet, so we will see if this is correct:

To get green: hatch the egg when it has more than 4 days left.  This is only possible if you incubate.
  To get blue, hatch the egg at under 4 day, but more that 3 days, without incubating. If you do incubate, then the hatch time would have to be under 3 days and more than 2 days.
  To get purple, hatch the egg when it has less than 3 days left.  If incubated, it would have to be under 2 days.

This logic seems legit. However, what annoys me is that in those moments when I actually SEE these eggs, someone ALWAYS grabs them before I do. I still don't have a single one.

There are a lot of people trading them in the Trading Hub, I haven't looked closely at what they are wanting in return but I'm seeing tons of them there. 

(I did not go to work. Long story. But hey, dragons! *cuddles dragons*)

2 minutes ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Interesting! I wonder how I'll be able to tell when to allow my eggs to hatch to get the purple ones. But first thing's first - I need to catch them! They're so elusive.

There's no way to know just yet, because nobody (that I know of) has managed to hatch a purple yet. :) Let's see and figure it out.

Just chiming in to say: TJ's all hatched purple, where they all below 3 days?

They certainly were all sick....

57 minutes ago, Shroomlet said:

Just chiming in to say: TJ's all hatched purple, where they all below 3 days?

They certainly were all sick....

They're TJ's, his eggs don't always follow the rules.

Edited by blockEdragon

I thought I'd try to summon a GoN before going to hunt for another egg. I wasn't hoping for it to be successful XD

Got three eggs that I'll keep fogged until they hit 3 days.

@Shroomlet Releases usually already appear as ER, so probably?

Adding my data to the pile:

All 6 of my Siyat dragons were not incubated and all of them hatched blue.

Ah, sorry, I didn't properly read the adults' description: yes, it's definitely the below certain time.

below 3 days makes sense then. I think TJ starts them at 3 days when he reveals the release?

Edited by Shroomlet
Typo. >_<

Apparently my luck is changing as I caught two glowing with spots eggs, I still have two more slots for some more. I incubated the first two, and I'll see what to do with the other two when it comes to their hatching time. When at least two pygmies hatch I'll be able to get two more and hopefully at least have a pair of each color variation. :)

3 hours ago, Corteo said:

The Siyats have an extremely hierarchical society so I imagine that the purples won’t let the green and blue mothers incubate the egg long enough and would forcibly remove them. 

...Well, that's a viable explanation. A lot of social animals can be real jerks in the wild, killing or harassing lower ranking individuals.

The cognitive dissonance comes from the fact that dragons are often portrayed as having humanlike intelligence, casting spells, communicating telepathically, assessing morality, etc. If beings that sentient went around forcibly ripping lower ranking mothers' babies away and brain damaging them just to assert their superiority, it'd be more like some horrific dystopia thing than like alpha wolves bullying lower ranking ones.

Luckily I already decided I wanted the green ones more. I'm reserving the name "Nazi Litebrite" for when I eventually hatch a purple though! 

I'm very curious to see how/if breeding affects colors... It probably won't, if it's based solely on the egg's time, but I'm still curious. Especially since I prefer breds... I hope there isn't another weird twist where bred colors have a different mechanic. (My mind is just running around, pay no attention to it.)

Can someone please explain how to get the Blue & Purple Syat dragons? Like in simple terms without using math. Thanks. After looking at so many explanations here, I'm totally confused. XD

4 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

Can someone please explain how to get the Blue & Purple Syat dragons? Like in simple terms without using math. Thanks. After looking at so many explanations here, I'm totally confused. XD

blue > get a egg. Do NOT incubate it. Let it hatch on its own at 4 days

Purple > get an egg. Do NOT incubate it. Fog it and let it hatch at 3 days 

4 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

Don't incubate your egg - let it count down normally and you'll probably get a blue. Fog it and wait and extra day (or two) to try for a purple.

are we entirely sure on the incubation point? As in, could we incubate it, and hatch it on say one day left, and potentially get a blue/purple?

3 minutes ago, PaintdGryphon said:

are we entirely sure on the incubation point? As in, could we incubate it, and hatch it on say one day left, and potentially get a blue/purple?

I think that requires further testing.

Thank you, Sirithiliel and schmupti for your explanations! They really helped! *makes some notes*

Apparently my luck is changing as I caught four glowing with spots eggs, two incubated and two left alone for me to see at which point I will let them hatch based on what other people say in case they get some purples. :)

My only problem (and I mean my only one) with this release is that we now have an absolute metric buttload of dragons with 'glow' in their description. But because of Silvers, 'glow' is one of my mental triggerr words while hunting so it makes hunting a very rollercoaster experience! XD

Not really a complaint I suppose haha, but we Seriously have so many eggs with glow or glowing now, way more than when I first joined

34 minutes ago, PaintdGryphon said:

so from my experience, all incubating does is remove a day off your egg's timer. But what determines the color is its ACTUAL time, so even if you incubate an egg and it says 4 days until hatching, the mechanism that tells the egg what color to hatch still reads it as 5 days. So you will see your incubated egg at 4 days, think 'i'm getting a blue!' but then it hatches a green because as far as the egg is concerned, it is still a green 

so i dont' really see the point of incubating any egg you want to be blue and purple, because it's going to wait just as long to hatch, it'll just be an ER low time egg for longer during that period. but to get a blue, you have to wait the natural amount of time it would take without incubate, even if you do incubate it

Edited by Sirithiliel

5 minutes ago, Ninjakittee said:

My only problem (and I mean my only one) with this release is that we now have an absolute metric buttload of dragons with 'glow' in their description. But because of Silvers, 'glow' is one of my mental triggerr words while hunting so it makes hunting a very rollercoaster experience! XD

Not really a complaint I suppose haha, but we Seriously have so many eggs with glow or glowing now, way more than when I first joined

Yes, omg. There are so many glow-descriptions! 9, I believe, that drop in the cave. 'Shiny' is almost as bad in terms of number of breeds, but the only uncommon/popular 'shiny' is Zyus, and with them I concentrate on the 'radiate' part. 

55 minutes ago, PaintdGryphon said:

That's how I would assume it works. The description states that it's based on time - so I don't see how incubation would matter aside from that it ALLOWS you to hatch the egg earlier than would normally be possible. If the egg were incubated but still hatches after it's 3 or 4+ days old, I assume it would still be blue or purple.