TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Yeah, one of my friend's Siyat egg hatched blue -- the very same hatchling he traded to me. He's still a newbie so he doesn't have lots of Red dragons for incubating, so this egg hatched without incubate at 4 days. All of mine hatched green when I incubated them at around 5 days left.

I waited until my fully cracked eggs were at 3d23h before unfogging for blue and they were both blue. I looked at them when they were 4d, but decided to hold off just to be sure.

And... I have missed more. The perks of showering and keeping an eye on younger siblings. :"3

@Mrs_Prudence did you incubate yours? If you incubated, I think they have to wait even one day longer. (Not actually longer in real time, but because the incubation takes a day off the counter.)

Edited by Ribombee

Just now, Ribombee said:

@Mrs_Prudence did you incubate yours? If you incubated, I think they have to wait even one day longer.

I did not incubate them.

And just to clarify, I’m not complaining, (I’ve actually traded for a blue pair already) it’s just a contradictory detail I thought was worth noting.

If an egg hatches green at 4d left I'd say that's just the cutoff and it will hatch green if it hatches right at that time (and no incubation)

but I can't explain why you'd get a blue dragon from an egg that hatched at 4d left and was not incubated.

Clearly the hypothesis needs some tinkering...I just don't know how/what.

Thanks for this release Spriters! First release since my hiatus, so it was a real treat.

I don't entirely mind the Siyat colorist techniques because I don't usually use incubate anyways. I love the blue variant especially. So this is perfect for me. Plan on using it in some lineage. Thanks Corteo!

Regarding the Pymies, I love their hatchlings. The Adult seems a bit scary for me personally (not that I'm genuinely scared by them, just don't love the design of the eyes) Still fun to get new Pygmies though. I love my Gremlin Chickens nonetheless. Thanks Fiona!

I really like how the adults look, it's hard to say which I'd like more since they're both amazing. Thank you TJ and spriters, it was cool to have two releases within a month! :)

Ughhhh the patience these guys require is gonna kill me. Definitely will need to see a very compelling pairing before wanting to touch the blues, mich less the purples. X___x

Also maybe there’s an extra thin line between 3d23h and 4d for blue versus green, like 30 minutes? I suppose it’d make sense to have a small gap in which Greens can be obtained without incubate, for those who don’t want / have reds.

Or maybe within the first hour it’s 50/50? Since these guys require so much patience to begin with, probably safest to just wait until it’s definitely showing 3d23h.

7 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Ughhhh the patience these guys require is gonna kill me. Definitely will need to see a very compelling pairing before wanting to touch the blues, mich less the purples. X___x 

Same. I have four of my seven egg slots filled with these buddies. Two of them are at 5d22hr, two at 6d10hr. I want to make them all purple, so they're not leaving their shells for a WHILE. 8')

So far from the two ive tried they came out green (incubated), i have other 4 fogged just waiting, when two hit less than 4 days without incubation then i'll see if they show up blue, if so its just waiting another day for those purples right? we'll see

3 minutes ago, *Silver Fox* said:

I missed out on them and now I don't see them anywhere. :(

They're still dropping in five minute intervals! I just saw some show up again. :)

Just now, Toasttt said:

They're still dropping in five minute intervals! I just saw some show up again. :)

Thanks! :) I caught two already, will keep an eye out for more. :D

20 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Also maybe there’s an extra thin line between 3d23h and 4d for blue versus green, like 30 minutes? I suppose it’d make sense to have a small gap in which Greens can be obtained without incubate, for those who don’t want / have reds.

Or maybe within the first hour it’s 50/50? Since these guys require so much patience to begin with, probably safest to just wait until it’s definitely showing 3d23h.

Reminds me of the difference between hatcheries. If my egg says 5 days and I incubate, AoND and DragHatch show it as ER, but Silvi's still shows it as a regular egg. 

Aaah, the adults are so beautiful ❤️

I really like the pigmy. Gotta make so many cool lineages with them~

I'm thinking about just setting aside one egg spot and then getting all of the Purples and Blues I need first (why did I make a scroll goal of 20 when I started :wacko: ).Then I'll just play for a while with the idea of just not having that spot available which I think will make me less antsy about the extra time.

Also, these new dragons are absolutely gorgeous. I like all 3 colors soooooooooooooooo much.  As for the pygmies, they are legit terrifying!!! Great job on both of these to everyone involved! ❤️ 

Are the colors of these dragons whose eggs glow in spots biome related?

Just now, *Silver Fox* said:

Are the colors of these dragons whose eggs glow in spots biome related?

No, they're related to how long they stay in the egg. Green for incubated eggs, Blue as a natural hatch and probably, Purple if you wait another day.

Oh wow, the adults are really great, both Syiats and Mimics! Thank you so much TJ and spriters, can't wait to finally get my own purples, this patience game is just a tad bit hard XD

4 minutes ago, Arkee said:

No, they're related to how long they stay in the egg. Green for incubated eggs, Blue as a natural hatch and probably, Purple if you wait another day.

Interesting! I wonder how I'll be able to tell when to allow my eggs to hatch to get the purple ones. But first thing's first - I need to catch them! They're so elusive.

2 minutes ago, PaintdGryphon said:

But what do you mean by "Natural Hatch"? I understand the Green are Incubated, but after that..?

natural hatch as in not incubated! or if you did incubate, wait until the timer's at 3 days for blues.

2 minutes ago, PaintdGryphon said:

But what do you mean by "Natural Hatch"? I understand the Green are Incubated, but after that..?

Well, I'm guessing the blue are non-incubated eggs when they reach 4 days or lower, and the purple ones are maybe, just MAYBE, hatched from eggs that had under a day or so. Not sure though.

1 minute ago, PaintdGryphon said:

I mean, an egg that wasn't incubated and hatched as a 4-days-left egg.

Going by this, a purple would be an egg that hatches around 3-days-left, also without incubation. (Or 2-days with.)