TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

1 minute ago, ViridianIgnis said:

Well yeah, that's when they hatch. I would assume that you can't gain enough views to hatch them in a single day, however, so I was wondering when it was best to put them up on sites.

Ah, I see. I'd say that for blue, just put them on the hatcheries as soon as it's safe and let them be. For purple, put after it reaches 3 days left or lower?

3 minutes ago, ViridianIgnis said:

Well yeah, that's when they hatch. I would assume that you can't gain enough views to hatch them in a single day, however, so I was wondering when it was best to put them up on sites.

i put mine on sites and then fogged them when they were about 4 days and 8 or so hours. It worked for my blues. I unfogged all of them at 3d 22 hours and they all hatched within 20 min as blues. I imagine it'll work for the purple i'm hatching tomorrow, which is now fogged until tomorrow afternoon but already has 1500 views on it. I don't think i've had a egg hatch while fogged, and these seem to require more than 1500 views usually to hatch, so it's been pretty safe for me so far. We'll find out with the purple tomorrow

Edited by Sirithiliel

46 minutes ago, skauble said:

I think I'm probably going to interpret the system, in my own game play, as less of an oppressive system and more of a system where they cultivate colors based on the needs of society. They green become warriors, protectors, and builders so they need to be out and being trained as fast as possible. The blues are rarer and they fill the positions like scholars, historians, healers, and the like. The purples, being rarest of all, are used for leadership roles.

For me it's not about which is more important, but that each has an important and respected place but for different reasons. Of course a society of these dragons will need more greens, because there are more jobs to be done in their areas. Less blues would be needed because the have a narrower skill set but one that may take more time to develop. The rarity of the purples would be because you need the least amount of people running things and they would be taught things like managing resources, settling disputes, dealing with whatever crisis might occur.

In that sense the Purples would be seen wise, not because they're worth more, but because they learn to develop the tools and practices that cultivate characteristics that we tend to classify as 'wisdom".

That may be called a "higher status" because they are more often deferred to, but i don't think it has to mean that any of them are less valuable or less valued by the group as a whole. The colors are markers of social status with regard to how responsibility is divided, but not inherently indicative of worth.

i doubt that was the thinking behind the concept, but I like relative harmony in my cave, so this is how I'm rolling and I'm sticking to it! :P 

I really like this lol much more nicer seeming. DC is a kind of escape from reality, and I like to think everything can be all flowers and rainbows like in your interpretation, unlike what some others have said like we have in reality xP

Also- I find it very funny that people are already asking for purple swaps in trades. Ya'll they aren't even here yet, and why would someone trade a green for a purple that takes two days longer? I mean sure, some people, but the vast majority? "Have messy moonstone, want a cb silver" xD 

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

7 minutes ago, ViridianIgnis said:

Well, both green and blue are easy. Incubate (green) or not (blue) and hatch them normally. Purple: Put them in hatcheries (when you usually do) to gain enough views, then fog them before they hit ER stage. Unfog after they hit 3 days left (unincubated).

I was stalking the User abandoned page and found another Zyu... I don't want it, so to the trading hub it goes! XD

12 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I really like this lol much more nicer seeming. DC is a kind of escape from reality, and I like to think everything can be all flowers and rainbows like in your interpretation, unlike what some others have said like we have in reality xP

Also- I find it very funny that people are already asking for purple swaps in trades. Ya'll they aren't even here yet, and why would someone trade a green for a purple that takes two days longer? I mean sure, some people, but the vast majority? "Have messy moonstone, want a cb silver" xD 

i was surprised i got a 1:1 trade 4 green hatchies for 4 blue. I was happy about that, i can easily get more greens xD

1 hour ago, ViridianIgnis said:

Wow. The lore has made me love the siyats, when before I was just okay with them. Yeah, they're terrible, but that's what's great about them. It's an interesting and compelling dynamic. 

THANK YOU.

Finally someone who gets it, the cave needs a few jerky dragons once in a while so that it doesn't become saccharine and monotonous, It makes the breed more interesting than the boring neutral dragon that doesn't do anything or super amazing wonder-dragons that never do anything wrong. An amount of those are fine, great even, but once in a while it's nice to see the vicious and brutal side to the dragon world outside of Halloween.

Edited by blockEdragon

51 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I love that idea :D might have to dust off my describing skills and do something with one of my own dragons. VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

And I know Corteo walked back their comment, but when the spriter of a breed says the higher ranking ones forcefully take the weakers’ eggs it’s hard to forget, haha. THE TRUTH SHALL BE KNOWN! Let the green resistance begin! :P

(meanwhile Mimics are just here to eat everyone who dies along the way :’D)

Too late. I want a book of this now. I've never described my dragons before, but in the name of the revolution, I might just have to. :lol:

Has anyone been hunting the cave? What do drops look like now, should I try or just wait/trade.

1 minute ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Has anyone been hunting the cave? What do drops look like now, should I try or just wait/trade.

I'm still seeing them, but way less than before. They're going really fast, though. (Not that I can snag another one, fully locked again.)

I managed to get myself a CB summer while looking around :D

Eggs in the Biomes i'm loaded into-

Alpine: 

This egg is surrounded by fog. 

This egg shines in the moonlight.

Electric sparks dance across the surface of this egg.

Coast:

It's Bright. And Pink. 

This Egg reminds you of the sea.

This egg has a Black Cap.

Desert:

This tiny egg has a bold red streak on it.

This egg smells strongly on turpentine.

This egg has brightly colored markings on it.

Forest:

This egg is split down the middle into two colors.

This egg is a lush green hue.

This egg is hidden in the trees.

Jungle:

This egg is hidden by some leaves.

This egg has strange markings on it.

This egg is yellow with orange speckling.

Volcano:

This red and gold egg sits before the others, almost daring you to grab it.

This egg has a pleasant, musky smell.

This egg is tiny and brightly colored.

That's what i see at the moment I'm typing it. ^^

I've been seeing plenty of Mimic Pygmies and they don't seem to be in high demand at all. Siyats seem quite scarce and hard-to-get right now. I think a lot of people are still trying to get more for the colors. Especially since a lot of people took plenty to have both sexes of each color or meet other scroll goals, then incubated all their eggs and got 6+ greens.

1 hour ago, Nine said:

If you have a domesticated pygmy and it starts speaking in your own voice, do you channel your inner Bruce Willis and make a startling revelation? I think the S2 is my favorite, I'll have to remember to freeze a bunch.

OH. Oh oh oh!! Omg that's creepy. If it only imitates voices of the dead, does that mean you've died and didn't realize it? Or is it like an omen, the pygmy knows you are going to die soon? Oohhh my mind is totally going to run with this!

1 hour ago, blockEdragon said:

THANK YOU.

Finally someone who gets it, the cave needs a few jerky dragons once in a while so that it doesn't become saccharine and monotonous, It makes the breed more interesting than the boring neutral dragon that doesn't do anything or super amazing wonder-dragons that never do anything wrong. An amount of those are fine, great even, but once in a while it's nice to see the vicious and brutal side to the dragon world outside of Halloween.

Yeah, those are pretty much my exact thoughts.

2 hours ago, skauble said:

I think I'm probably going to interpret the system, in my own game play, as less of an oppressive system and more of a system where they cultivate colors based on the needs of society. They green become warriors, protectors, and builders so they need to be out and being trained as fast as possible. The blues are rarer and they fill the positions like scholars, historians, healers, and the like. The purples, being rarest of all, are used for leadership roles.

For me it's not about which is more important, but that each has an important and respected place but for different reasons. Of course a society of these dragons will need more greens, because there are more jobs to be done in their areas. Less blues would be needed because the have a narrower skill set but one that may take more time to develop. The rarity of the purples would be because you need the least amount of people running things and they would be taught things like managing resources, settling disputes, dealing with whatever crisis might occur.

In that sense the Purples would be seen wise, not because they're worth more, but because they learn to develop the tools and practices that cultivate characteristics that we tend to classify as 'wisdom".

That may be called a "higher status" because they are more often deferred to, but i don't think it has to mean that any of them are less valuable or less valued by the group as a whole. The colors are markers of social status with regard to how responsibility is divided, but not inherently indicative of worth.

i doubt that was the thinking behind the concept, but I like relative harmony in my cave, so this is how I'm rolling and I'm sticking to it! :P 

This is a cool interpretation, almost like they’ve castes like a bee or ant colony. The most common (green) would be the main body of a group, and also, unfortunately, more disposable. Rip.

11 minutes ago, RWyvern said:

This is a cool interpretation, almost like they’ve castes like a bee or ant colony. The most common (green) would be the main body of a group, and also, unfortunately, more disposable. Rip.

😄

9D51EBDE-2A32-4ACE-9A69-AA17BA21EEC7.jpeg

1 hour ago, blockEdragon said:

Finally someone who gets it, the cave needs a few jerky dragons once in a while so that it doesn't become saccharine and monotonous, It makes the breed more interesting than the boring neutral dragon that doesn't do anything or super amazing wonder-dragons that never do anything wrong.

I get that. It's just disconcerting to go straight from "this super amazing wonderful dragon never does anything wrong" to "THIS dragon holds other dragons she considers inferior in thrall as her peasant serfs, beats them up and takes their babies away from them and forces them all to be born brain-damaged so they will pose no threat to her supremacy when they grow up." I mean the... what? We skipped right past "this dragon is a bully who steals kills from smaller breeds" to something that would make most rulers on Game of Thrones say "dude, that is a little harsh"... 😄

I still don't mind it, because it's interesting and makes me want to support the Green Revolution, but this isn't just a "jerky dragon" here, this is an "Adolf Hitler would probably own this dragon" kind of breed!

3 minutes ago, skauble said:

😄

9D51EBDE-2A32-4ACE-9A69-AA17BA21EEC7.jpeg

Lol, RIP.

2 hours ago, skauble said:

Yeah, I get that. I think it's cool how everyone has run with the hierarchy idea and already started resistances. XD

If I was suggesting a BSA or writing a description for my page or doing a lineage project with other folks, I'd definitely go with something that better slotted into the more established and accepted cave lore. But in my head cannon I often try to find loopholes to make almost all my dragons get along. My only real sad stories are the NDs and sometimes I make those happy too. lol  It's a tiny utopia in my little hole in the mountain!

Lineage project you say? I have one for these guys already!

5 minutes ago, Eeveecat1248 said:

Lineage project you say? I have one for these guys already!

Omg 😂 I’m going to enjoy seeing how all these various revolutions play out. I feel like this could also transfer to some kind of game in that area of the forum.

I haven’t read the entire thread, there hasn’t been an indication that the colors can’t breed together, has there?  Cause I can see the logic if if they refused, but I’d be bummed about it.

Are the Siyat colors determined by biome? Or are they just random?

7 minutes ago, dommybomb said:

Are the Siyat colors determined by biome? Or are they just random?

by how much time they hatch with

to put it as simple as possible since it is kind of difficult to get at first:

1. Incubate an egg > it hatches earlier than normal and you get Green

2. DO NOT incubate an egg > it hatches normally, you get a blue

3. DO NOT incubate an egg AND fog it until it has only under 3 days left > get a purple (we think)

30 minutes ago, tjekan said:

I get that. It's just disconcerting to go straight from "this super amazing wonderful dragon never does anything wrong" to "THIS dragon holds other dragons she considers inferior in thrall as her peasant serfs, beats them up and takes their babies away from them and forces them all to be born brain-damaged so they will pose no threat to her supremacy when they grow up." I mean the... what? We skipped right past "this dragon is a bully who steals kills from smaller breeds" to something that would make most rulers on Game of Thrones say "dude, that is a little harsh"... 😄

I still don't mind it, because it's interesting and makes me want to support the Green Revolution, but this isn't just a "jerky dragon" here, this is an "Adolf Hitler would probably own this dragon" kind of breed!

A small quibble. Siyat society is based around the idea that purples are wiser/more intelligent, there is nothing to suggest that this is true. It seems more like ingrained propaganda from an oppressive culture rather than an actual biological fact. So I doubt the validity of the brain damage thing. Of course, they're still terrible, just marginally less so.

I think having only nice ones, neutral ones and "jerks" ignores a crucial detail. These are dragons. They're not cats or something. They're powerful, intelligent beings of human or above-human intellect. And much like humans, it only makes sense for them to have the capacity for great evil.