TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

30 minutes ago, tjekan said:

I get that. It's just disconcerting to go straight from "this super amazing wonderful dragon never does anything wrong" to "THIS dragon holds other dragons she considers inferior in thrall as her peasant serfs, beats them up and takes their babies away from them and forces them all to be born brain-damaged so they will pose no threat to her supremacy when they grow up." I mean the... what? We skipped right past "this dragon is a bully who steals kills from smaller breeds" to something that would make most rulers on Game of Thrones say "dude, that is a little harsh"... 😄

I still don't mind it, because it's interesting and makes me want to support the Green Revolution, but this isn't just a "jerky dragon" here, this is an "Adolf Hitler would probably own this dragon" kind of breed!

A small quibble. Siyat society is based around the idea that purples are wiser/more intelligent, there is nothing to suggest that this is true. It seems more like ingrained propaganda from an oppressive culture rather than an actual biological fact. So I doubt the validity of the brain damage thing. Of course, they're still terrible, just marginally less so.

I think having only nice ones, neutral ones and "jerks" ignores a crucial detail. These are dragons. They're not cats or something. They're powerful, intelligent beings of human or above-human intellect. And much like humans, it only makes sense for them to have the capacity for great evil.

So. The next question is, does anybody have an egg that will hatch purple tonight after midnight? I know that's the earliest time we can get purples, but since everyone incubates....?

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

by how much time they hatch with

to put it as simple as possible since it is kind of difficult to get at first:

1. Incubate an egg > it hatches earlier than normal and you get Green

2. DO NOT incubate an egg > it hatches normally, you get a blue

3. DO NOT incubate an egg AND fog it until it has only under 3 days left > get a purple (we think)

Wow, very interesting concept. So, this will take a few tries to get all 3! 😅

1 minute ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

So. The next question is, does anybody have an egg that will hatch purple tonight after midnight? I know that's the earliest time we can get purples, but since everyone incubates....?

I've got one that should if all goes well.

1 minute ago, dommybomb said:

Wow, very interesting concept. So, this will take a few tries to get all 3! 😅

indeed! Green and blue are pretty much verified, with their colors hatching consistently using that strategy. I haven't seen any purples to see if that theory is true yet, i have a egg hatching under 2 days tomorrow that should be purple and i'll find out for sure then, but i havent' seen any reports here of purples hatched yet

4 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Mine is still over 5 days... I'm still waiting for it to go under 4...

5 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

indeed! Green and blue are pretty much verified, with their colors hatching consistently using that strategy. I haven't seen any purples to see if that theory is true yet, i have a egg hatching under 2 days tomorrow that should be purple and i'll find out for sure then, but i havent' seen any reports here of purples hatched yet

Well, my fave color being purple, I am very to eager to see if your theory is correct! So I wish you luck on your soon-to-hatch Siyat!

I have 4 eggs that should hatch purple tonight, but we shall see. I think I'm going to wait until they hit 1 day 23 hours before putting them in hatcheries, just to be safe.

4 minutes ago, dommybomb said:

Well, my fave color being purple, I am very to eager to see if your theory is correct! So I wish you luck on your soon-to-hatch Siyat!

thanks! it has plenty of views so it should hatch pretty quick after i unfog it, but i want to wait until it drops under 2 days and it wont' do that until tomorrow early afternoon, but i'll definitely reprot my result

So, we getting purples tonight?

I have a couple at 2d 3 hrs (incubated)

Mine won't be purple-timed until tomorrow afternoon, but I'll be stalking this thread to see if people get purples tonight! I'm excited but also a little nervous, because what if it turns out that *isn't* how you get purples??

Maybe, Mine from the itnitial release already hatched, So for me to get a purple, I'll have to wait another 2-3 days. Unless I get unlucky and pull a Neglected or it dies. But, I should be okay lol.

Hopefully! I'm excited to see and have the mystery be done for sure. I've got a bunch fogged right now, though I hate being egglocked.. I'll get over it

1 minute ago, Kaini said:

So, we getting purples tonight?

I have a couple at 2d 3 hrs (incubated)

Hoping! 🤞My one is at 3d 3 hrs unincubated, I may wait a bit longer than that though because it has enough views that it will probably hatch the second I unfog it.

I'm loving the idea of the fun color scheme game. lol, but I do have one big question. can someone please explain to me the hatching color conditions? I thought it was day-based, but I was wrong. I just had a hatchie break from its shell green. I'm so confused. ^^;

Edited by Syiren
typos are evil.

Just now, Syiren said:

I'm loving the idea of the run color scheme game. lol, but I do have one big question. can someone please explain to me the hatching color conditions? I thought it was day-based, but I was wrong. I just had a hatchie break from its shell green. I'm so confused. ^^;

For a green: incubate and hatch a day early

For a blue: DON'T incubate and hatch on time/a little late

For a purple (Speculation): hatch on a timer LESS then 3 days.

Just now, Syiren said:

I'm loving the idea of the run color scheme game. lol, but I do have one big question. can someone please explain to me the hatching color conditions? I thought it was day-based, but I was wrong. I just had a hatchie break from its shell green. I'm so confused. ^^;

It's based on the time left on the hatchie. Someone posted a nice simple graphic explaining it but I'm not sure where the post was... Basically, hatching normal-time without incubate gets blue, normal-time with incubate is green, below 3 days is purple.... Something like that.

Ohhhhh okay, that makes sense. I incubated all of my new babies. That explains the green. xD Thanks guys! That helps out a ton!

3 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Ohhhhh okay, that makes sense. I incubated all of my new babies. That explains the green. xD Thanks guys! That helps out a ton!

You're welcome. :D

5 minutes ago, Syiren said:

If you want the other colors, you can still get them if you fog your unhatched eggs and wait it out. 

Just traded for a chocolate mint Siyat with one of my own blues. I couldn't help but think this is some kind of scandalous act to other Siyats. XD

1 minute ago, Gryphonic said:

If you want the other colors, you can still get them if you fog your unhatched eggs and wait it out. 

thanks! I fogged the one I caught earlier today, and successfully traded one green for a blue. I haven't inclubated the one I fogged and I don't plan to, knowing the conditions now. The waiting might suck, but I'm a patient dragon tamer. lol.