TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Just a quick and weird thought. Did you put the low time egg in an ER? Would the speed that it gets view affect it as well I wonder?

4 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I thought the third was supposed to be easy. 

Slightly more agitated that it may need another day...definitely gonna try and get my goals and be done with the purple lol

Same. Thankfully the purple variant is my least favorite. 

@dragondoodle, if you're asking me, I did put my egg in several ERs. Corteo said that views wouldn't affect color though.

Edited by The Dragoness

so wait, eggs so far were hatched at 2days 23 hours right? what if it was the green-blue situation again, where it was hatched on the tail edge of the change over?

my egg tomorrow will be under 2 days 20 hours, should i still try it tomorrow?

A bit late to the party. All of my babies came out green, which I guess is the incubated version? How do you get the blue & purple (although I see purple is still being figured out)?

I see you Corteo, watching and laughing 💩

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

3 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I thought the third was supposed to be easy. 

Slightly more agitated that it may need another day...definitely gonna try and get my goals and be done with the purple lol

Oh yeah, I'm in the exact same boat. I have four eggs, I'll be plenty happy with four purple siyats for the rest of eternity. :lol: Probably gonna influence them to try and get two males and two females just to make sure they don't all gender one way, too. After I have my beautiful egg space back, if I ever land another of these eggs for any reason, I'll be plenty happy with blues, unless I feel like suffering.

I was watching an egg in a hatchery that was at 2 days (caught on 29th and incubated). It hatched blue 🤔

Just now, Arkee said:

I was watching an egg in a hatchery that was at 2 days (caught on 29th and incubated). It hatched blue 🤔

Oh nooo now I'm just confused.

1 minute ago, Arkee said:

so maybe i SHOULD wait one extra day... >.< i want to get this right, i dont' want to have to get MORE CBs of these darn things and hold them for ANOTHER full 7 days xD i just want to hatch the low time eggs i have into purples and be done

Edited by Sirithiliel

2 minutes ago, Blue Nadir said:

A bit late to the party. All of my babies came out green, which I guess is the incubated version? How do you get the blue & purple (although I see purple is still being figured out)?

To get blue, don't incubate the egg and wait until it gets down to 3d23hr, or maybe 3d20hr for good measure. It's not the end of the world if you DO incubate it, you can still get blue, but the numbers will be 2d23hr (or 2d20hr for good measure) instead, since incubate "takes" a day away from the count but not the effects on the hatchie.

3 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Same. Thankfully the purple variant is my least favorite. 

@dragondoodle, if you're asking me, I did put my egg in several ERs. Corteo said that views wouldn't affect color though.

Ah. Okay, I was wondering if that would make a difference. I waited to fog mine until it had enough views to actually hatch at 4 days so I'm pretty sure it's going to pop out the second I unfog it.

Hmm. We had blues hatch at 4 days 0 hours yesterday, so shouldn't purples be able to hatch at 3 days 0 hours if the mechanic is the same? Right now, my guess is that purples will start showing up at <2 days. I expected this part to be easy after the trouble blues gave us yesterday XD

New guess: it switches every 2 days and TJ's broke the system by hatching so soon they looped around.

7-6: purple

6-4: green (6-5 would have to be forced to be confirmed)

4-2: blue

2-0: purple again

*sigh*

alright. I'll let my egg stay fogged all through tomorrow and hatch it on Friday when it has 1 day left

Having seen no purple hatchlings yet in the hatcheries and having blue ones hatch from eggs that are confirmed to be under 3 days is very depressing. Waiting for a 3 day egg was going to be trying enough for my patience, but if I have to wait even longer? Grrrrr!

Or is there something wrong with the theory? Corteo apparently did say that once you figured out the 2nd one the third would be easy. But this doesn't seem to be working out the way we expected it would. :( 

I'm trying to hatch an ER egg to donate for the Glittering Gold Giveaway. Once it is done I think I will just give up and go to bed if there is no answer by then. Hopefully all will become clear by the time the 4 eggs I picked up yesterday reach the "right" time, whatever that may be!

i do know that once these 4 eggs i have set aside and fogged to be purples hatch, purple or not, i'm done. I'm not locking up half my scroll further when i have trade eggs to breed. The CBs of this dragon are already getting more of a pain to catch, and i'm about done trying to figure this out if the 1 day hatch results in more blues

I'm still on the fence if I'm going to separate my scroll-goals for these guys by color or just lump the colors together, but if the purples are this freaking hard to hatch that might decide it for me. I am not raising 20 purples by waiting 6 days for each egg to hatch omg.

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

I'm still on the fence if I'm going to separate my scroll-goals for these guys by color or just lump the colors together, but if the purples are this freaking hard to hatch that might decide it for me. I am not raising 20 purples by waiting 6 days for each egg to hatch omg.

eesh and i'm annoyed at just raising 4 (my scroll goals being 2 male and 2 female of each species), i can't imagine 20

So, unless data proves strongly that purples can be got sooner than <24 hours, I'm gonna be getting REAL close to turning these eggies into Neglecteds. XD Ridiculous? Maybe. But I am NOT going to screw these up after dedicating my egg space for WAY longer than I'd ever like to.

I can imagine TJ and Corteo giggling in the background while we suffer to obtain variants that require us to go against our incubate-loving natures.

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

I'm not locking up half my scroll further when i have trade eggs to breed.

This. I have seven slots right now since I'm working on getting my Platinum trophy. I have four eggs taking that up right now, so that's three slots left. On top of that, I like to always leave one egg slot open in case I happen to poke around the cave and find a rare, so that's two slots I have for almost a whole week. There's no way I can keep doing purples like this. I've got eggs to catch and hatch if I'm ever going to get to Platinum.

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

20!! Holy cow! :o I wouldn't either, if I were you!

I go to eat dinner and the thread explodes. XD What happened?

@Sirithiliel @Toasttt lol yeah I was a bit too ambitious when I finally decided on real scroll-goals instead of just random collecting. I think I saw that I had over 20 of multiple commons, and for some reason thought that was a good number for everything. 

Still not seeing any purples in hatcheries, but I guess a lot of the ones in hatcheries probably the users aren't aware of the mechanic yet... Will it be under 2 days? I really hope it's not under 1 day...

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

@Sirithiliel @Toasttt lol yeah I was a bit too ambitious when I finally decided on real scroll-goals instead of just random collecting. I think I saw that I had over 20 of multiple commons, and for some reason thought that was a good number for everything. 

Still not seeing any purples in hatcheries, but I guess a lot of the ones in hatcheries probably the users aren't aware of the mechanic yet... Will it be under 2 days? I really hope it's not under 1 day...

I can see it working for some dragons (specifically the more common ones), but Siyats are not one of them, especially with how their variant-obtaining mechanism is looking. :( I never really had solid "scroll goals," maybe because I never thought about it. If anything, I want to collect some breeds more than others.

But I think I'm out for the night. Let's all hope that it's 2 days left and not 1 day left, I guess, lest we all go mad over purple wings. 8')

So, to be on the safer side, I'm putting my currently fogged egg into hatcheries when it has less than a day left. I like the blue and purple Siyats more than the greens, anyway.