Kaini

Raffle Discussion

I already got the right Xenowyrm egg from a pair that I'll use for a checker, so it's doubly good when it comes to making the lineage and helping with filling the raffle requirements. I like that there's a bit more challenge to it now!

As long as it's not something insanely difficult to get like raise 3 CB Golds, I think it's rather refreshing to see else than just "3 adult dragons".

Congratulations to all winners.

13 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I'll probably save my xenos for Halloween. Are those the only wyrms we have ? Laculas?

You know that Halloween is a month away from the next raffle drawing, yes?

Laculas are Amphipteres.

I've bred some wyrm pygmies and will see what I get in a few days. The month is long enough for testing and entering.

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You know that Halloween is a month away from the next raffle drawing, yes?

Laculas are Amphipteres.

I've bred some wyrm pygmies and will see what I get in a few days. The month is long enough for testing and entering.

Yes, I meant it like I'll probably kill-revive in.attempts for zombies because I don't like random things on my scroll, but getting bred ones is much easier and I already have my scroll goals for xenos. 

I bred a bunch of wyrms to the ap, among others, so I can still play and hopefully pick up some random ones for the raffle soon enough

I had a bunch of Boreals and Ashes grow up, and it didn't count toward my raffle entry...so I guess it's just Xenowyrms then. Or those pygmy wyrms. So glad I have three Xenos growing on my scroll right now. Hopefully they count and I'll finally know EXACTLY what is meant by wyrm. I do kinda wanna know if the pygmy wyrms count, though. Those are super cute.

18 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

I had a bunch of Boreals and Ashes grow up, and it didn't count toward my raffle entry...so I guess it's just Xenowyrms then. Or those pygmy wyrms. So glad I have three Xenos growing on my scroll right now. Hopefully they count and I'll finally know EXACTLY what is meant by wyrm. I do kinda wanna know if the pygmy wyrms count, though. Those are super cute.

They do count (idk about pygmy wyrms, though).

Good news is that there's a daily stock of low-time Xenowyrms from the AP, so there's really nothing to worry about except for slots to raise dragons.

And man, are some are incredibly messy

Well, I was going to test the pygmies, but just auto'ed the egg.  whoops.  ;/  have to wait a few days and try again I guess.

A few people in TLQ are reporting pygmy wyrms don't count 😕

@Suzumiya Wyrms on DC are defined as having no legs, no wings, no fins.  Any dragon type that isn't "dragon" has a specific body plan. If it was any dragon the requirements would still say "raise 3 dragons" because TJ's not the kind of person to change wording unnecessarily.

I doubt frozens count because frozens are non-growing dragons, not adult dragons. Also the frozen action says "Prevents maturing into an adult".

Edited by Shadowdrake

That's odd. I suppose Xenos are literally the only thing we can raise to earn an entry this time. I was kinda hoping the pygmy wyrms would count. I'd like to see a few more pygmies out there.

Okay, I seriously hope this is a glitch or something. I don't like the idea of people being pigeonholed into raising ONE specific (fairly rare) breed only, instead of being able to use the bit more common Red-tailed pygmies. What, is the next requirement going to be forcing us to raise three specifically-colored dragons with gold being the chosen color, and only Gold dragons and gold Tinsels/Shimmers counting for it?! and I guess Golden Wyverns too but they're not super-common either. Literally forgot about them, lol.

Edited by Sazandora

15 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

Okay, I seriously hope this is a glitch or something. I don't like the idea of people being pigeonholed into raising ONE specific (fairly rare) breed only, instead of being able to use the bit more common Red-tailed pygmies. What, is the next requirement going to be forcing us to raise three specifically-colored dragons with gold being the chosen color, and only Gold dragons and gold Tinsels/Shimmers counting for it?! and I guess Golden Wyverns too but they're not super-common either. Literally forgot about them, lol.

Yes, this. I'm rather pissed that the very first requirement-change is so ridiculously restrictive. *ONE* breed counts?? One! Sure, 6 variations, but one actual breed. A rather uncommon one at that, something I *see* in the biomes only once every two or three days. Man, there is a huge difference between 'interesting requirement changes' and 'horribly limiting requirements', and this one is firmly on the latter side. I'm really really hoping that pygmy wyrms not counting is just a glitch, especially since it seems most people expected that they would count (and told me they would...).

16 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yes, this. I'm rather pissed that the very first requirement-change is so ridiculously restrictive. *ONE* breed counts?? One! Sure, 6 variations, but one actual breed. A rather uncommon one at that, something I *see* in the biomes only once every two or three days. Man, there is a huge difference between 'interesting requirement changes' and 'horribly limiting requirements', and this one is firmly on the latter side. I'm really really hoping that pygmy wyrms not counting is just a glitch, especially since it seems most people expected that they would count (and told me they would...).

I love Xenos, but I totally agree here. I don't want to be forced to raise bred Xenos (I was gifted two beautiful Xenos with amazing lineages by nice people trying to change my mind, and it almost has) and CB Xenos are rare, and gonna be rarer still this month since they're the ONLY breed we can get to enter the raffle. I was hoping my little red pygmy would count. She didn't. Before she grew up, I was still at 2/3 for the raffle, only needing one more to grow up. But the only things that grew up during that time frame were one 2G Xeno (expected that to count) and an Ash dragon (definitely not wyrms). I hope the pygmies not counting is a glitch.

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Man, there is a huge difference between 'interesting requirement changes' and 'horribly limiting requirements', and this one is firmly on the latter side.

I'm sorry, but "horribly"?

If we're talking about CB, then absolutely yes. But bred Xenowyrms also count, and one can always kill them if they make their scrolls look messy. (I have taken and tossed back 5 Xenowyrm eggs in the AP in one day, some of which are not as messy lineaged as I thought).

Although, I'd also like to hear from TJ if he decides to explain the raffle situation.

Edited by BlueLatios

^Errmm Release is always an option too. You don't have to kill anything. XD

At least that's the route I'm taking with these this month. Don't have any xeno lineages right now and not planning on starting any just for this. Pity about the red-tails as well

A pity that Red-tails don't count.  Xenos only is kind of restrictive, even with the low market price.  A fair number of players still don't have any.   Should we start a "Raffle Assistance Thread" to breed requests for others on the forum?  Or would you guys rather breed to the AP?

Edited by Gryphonic

Just now, Gryphonic said:

A pity that Red-tails don't count.  Xenos only is kind of restrictive, even with the low market price.  A fair number of players still don't have any.   Should we start a "Raffle Assistance Thread" to breed requests for others on the forum?  Or would you guys rather breed to the AP?

Oooh, you know what, I like the idea of a raffle assistance/gifting thread! I'd okay that in Trading, wink wink.

As a self-proclaimed AP hunter, assisting people to get Xenowyrms would be easier for me than hunting in cave.

The only problem is that I don't have many Magi dragons, so if creating a new thread helps me find people who need Xenowyrms and have a Magi Dragon to set up a one-way receive, I agree!

I went and made one.  Hopefully it doesn't turn into a train wreck :P

Now I need to go make a list of what I have.  Happy Xeno appreciation month, everyone.

Seeing that it was mentioned as wyrms instead of Xenowyrms, I think TJ planned for the various kinds of dragons (two-headeds, pygmies, drakes, etc), but when randomly choosing one, it happened to be a wyrm.

Or September's new release is going to be a wyrm.

2 hours ago, BlueLatios said:

I'm sorry, but "horribly"?

If we're talking about CB, then absolutely yes. But bred Xenowyrms also count, and one can always kill them if they make their scrolls look messy. (I have taken and tossed back 5 Xenowyrm eggs in the AP in one day, some of which are not as messy lineaged as I thought).

Although, I'd also like to hear from TJ if he decides to explain the raffle situation.

Yes, I'd consider 'only one specific uncommon breed' to be 'horribly limiting'. We have over 200 different breeds and only one single breed counts. Being able to release/kill them in a month doesn't negate the fact that instead of the very very open-ended 'raise 3 adults' that we used to have it's very suddenly gone to *one* specific breed. If it was some other, more common type, like westerns or even easterns or lindwyrms, that'd be different. But wyrms is *one* breed. Yes, that's horribly limiting.

Maybe TJ wants to see how new requirements affect raffle participation, and started with something not super easy, so it would actually have an effect?

If he had chosen "raise 3 western dragons", most people would probably have filled the requirements without even paying attention.

2 hours ago, BlueLatios said:

Seeing that it was mentioned as wyrms instead of Xenowyrms, I think TJ planned for the various kinds of dragons (two-headeds, pygmies, drakes, etc), but when randomly choosing one, it happened to be a wyrm.

This seems likely. I can't imagine it being deliberate.