Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Super Gratz on the LOTTO win! I remember that shock and Silvers in this game are always shaded and colored so well. Keep on WINNING!

On 8/2/2018 at 10:27 PM, Natayah said:

I think you may drastically overestimate the value of a 2G Prize. That hasn't really been my experience. I mean, sure, if you get to pick the mate and it is not a Holiday or Uncommon/Rare mate, or anything outside of holidays, it can sometimes take a LOT of work, and sometimes people really want less "uncommon/rare" dragons, so that can require a lot of work or a lot of luck. I understand the cost being higher. And as more continue to pour out into the playerbase, that value is just going to continue to drop. I don't have a problem with this. I have intended that I will mostly be donating to raffles, games, events, giveaways, player activity things, but my first egg I traded (this is not of any offense to the lovely people who offered, I get that I am at the point where I am mostly here for the Community and thus have a really limited focus on things I might "want"), but there just wasn't anything that caught my eye at that time, but even my Profile, I've said - Look I may not want to keep a list of things, but I can be persuad've had literally no offers. This isn't me trying to secretly encourage people to start spamming me with offers. I would rather not. But I put it in there because I am not some super pious vow of ed, but I don't really think the price at which I can be persuaded is realistic with their real value, but sure, go ahead if you really like - and Ipoverty only serve the Community type of person and never stray. I am going to eventually trade and swap sometimes. But if they were really that valued, I'd already be bling'ed out and telling the Giveaways they can wait a month or two. The stuff I got comes from when I was still active, and very kind generous people and it is nice to pay it back a bit. I do value the Community a lot more highly, but I still do value dragons too. I mean, I haven't won DC. I can joke I did, but - No, I'm not lying upon piles of riches. So I just want it to be clear, especially as there are many people who have 2G's and freely give and donate 3G's that .... it may be a bit harder for a general person based on what they want, who they know, etc. But it isn't anything like it was, and I'm trying to get our Player Activities where the 2G babies as potential prizes are a bit more often and active again and I hope that helps a bit.

That said, I know some people who have lines and rare dragons and loads of 2G's and all sorts of special rare things, who are also generous people, but there are also those who never seem to be happy and seem to think if they get enough dragons, or get all the dragons that exist, that will somehow make them happy or such. I don't know. I think happiness comes from within, not from without. No amount of dragon pixels of any type is ever going to do that. Don't get me wrong - I am not trying to say those without should NOT have a better chance to have them, especially longer time players. You are especially the players I hope receive them no matter how they are delivered. And I want you two. But if you are upset repeatedly because "you have yet again lost another raffle" and this impacts you on a deeper emotional level (I'm not talking frustration and wanting to have other options of distribution because you do a lot to the game, but you still understand its a game, and it is frustrating to not be able to get a dragon - I get that, but at the end of the day, you don't become deeply emotionally invested and even traumatized or angered or moved to really unhealthy emotions). If you do, then you need something more than what DC is going to provide for you. That is meant with deep sincere love and honesty. So just understand there are different types of people making suggestions, and if you fall into the latter, I suggest you take some time from DC like I did. DC wasn't causing me issues, but life got crazy and I had to cut a lot of things out of it. Life is a lot more cool now and while I was never really in a *BAD* place while playing DC, I enjoy this whole growing older and actually being responsible about my life and health vs. taking it for granted (I took a lot in life for granted various years back, I am not speaking of OTHER people, this is me) and I'm glad for the time and the growth. It's always good to be in a good head space when dealing with "winning and losing and prizes and such." This is a fun game, and I hope that anything in this game never creates something that causes anyone to actually cause real life pain and emptiness. There isn't any suggestion or coding that the Admins will do that will fix that for you. Just to be clear on the differences.

Neglected dragons often ask for prizes and I frequently see trades with two CB golds asking for prizes in exchange on the trading hub. And ANYTHING with an uber common mate is likely to have some trouble - especially if it's new. Just because YOU don't do something or because the dragon doesn't literally give you the ability to manifest things out of the void doesn't mean that they aren't overpowered. Even if it's hard to find trade offers you like, a dragon that reliably produces 2g prizes is still a far more reliable way of getting what you want compared to everyone else.

I don't resent prize owners for having prize dragons or trading them, I would to if I where in their place, no one is really a bad person for wanting nice things and trying to get them when they can with what resources they have at their disposal (so long as you aren't hurting others to do it). No one is saying you're a bad person for having one or that you're obligated to anything with your prize. It's great that you donate, good job, that's very nice and I bet you make a lot of people happy. But that doesn't mean that there isn't a huge flaw in the system. No matter how much you donate, you will never mitigate the issue, there are 1000+ users but only 1 prize on your scroll and most users will NEVER get a CB or even a 2g and it puts the ones that do at a massive advantage because of that exclusivity, it's too much for one prize owner to fix, it's too much for every prize owner combined to fix.

Also implying that i'm just trying to fill a void because I don't have a prize is a bit offensive.

Why is it always a personnel flaw or something wrong with someone's life that causes people to ask for improvements or debate improvements and defend and explain their position?  Just because I talk about how I want to improve the game dose not mean i'm missing something in my life.

Look, I don't actually take DC that seriously, though I do form opinions on it and when I form an opinion on something I try to make sure that opinion is worth having by making sure it is as sound and thought out as possible and will debate it and specify it when it's replied to. I play this game for fun and when I criticize it it's not my life or a political debate that will determine who gets rights and who gets squat, it's criticizing the way a game works, I would do the same to skyrim or magistream but generally they're more soundly designed so it doesn't happen as much.

Uhh.. I think if you read that post and thought it was about you, who I have no idea who you are and have been here since Sept/Oct 2011.... I really don't know what to tell you. I thought I made that pretty clear at the start of paragraph two or three the YOU was never singularity plural and there are a few YOUs that may apply to specific people if they personally identify with some criteria I mention, but they are not YOU. Just because I speak to YOU as and individual in that collective of others for one moment which iagain is NOT YOU specifically either but rather the general people who have that general who have this idea, or feel this way, as addressed repeatedly by others such as myself. There are multiple people my YOUs discuss, each of them very markedly different. Again, I'll have to defer to my grammar buddies on better English grammar.

I don't randomly make it a habit of insulting or insinuating things to people on the forums. I'm comfortable enough to say it to someone personally. My posting history does make that pretty clear. As insulting people via forums be it post or PM is an offense that is illegal and gets a warning or worse, I try to avoid those not only because I don't like to be mean, but it also defeats the player involvement I try to foster. 

So sorry if the grammar doesn't flow well. And I apologize, but I don't know you well enough to send insults or praises your way. I'm sure you are a very nice enough person who cares enough about this game to spend time discussing the best way the game can improve for its community. Awesome. Hope that helps to clarify.

Edited by Natayah

1 hour ago, Natayah said:

Uhh.. I think if you read that post and thought it was about you, who I have no idea who you are and have been here since Sept/Oct 2011.... I really don't know what to tell you. I thought I made that pretty clear at the start of paragraph two or three the YOU was never singularity plural and there are a few YOUs that may apply to specific people if they personally identify with some criteria I mention, but they are not YOU. Just because I speak to YOU as and individual in that collective of others for one moment which iagain is NOT YOU specifically either but rather the general people who have that general who have this idea, or feel this way, as addressed repeatedly by others such as myself. There are multiple people my YOUs discuss, each of them very markedly different. Again, I'll have to defer to my grammar buddies on better English grammar.

I don't randomly make it a habit of insulting or insinuating things to people on the forums. I'm comfortable enough to say it to someone personally. My posting history does make that pretty clear. As insulting people via forums be it post or PM is an offense that is illegal and gets a warning or worse, I try to avoid those not only because I don't like to be mean, but it also defeats the player involvement I try to foster. 

So sorry if the grammar doesn't flow well. And I apologize, but I don't know you well enough to send insults or praises your way. I'm sure you are a very nice enough person who cares enough about this game to spend time discussing the best way the game can improve for its community. Awesome. Hope that helps to clarify.

Sorry for the confusion, I thought because you quoted me that whole thing was implying that you thought I was mentally ill or had familial issues or something. I've seen you like once or twice but never really seen you post as a person so that's all I had to go on.

My apologies, not meant that way at all. You sound awesome and let's keep working on ways to get them PRIZES out into the world. And TJ actually pays attention to what we say and think even if it may not seem like it. Things come on schedules and certain things have already been prepping to come down that pike for several months already. Mostly still to come New Releases mixed in with Holiday chaos fun. So it's always good to banter around ideas, it just takes a bit for them to get here sometimes. Or sometimes you wake up and CB Holidays are back.... for example 

It's almost that time again! Anyone else excited to see what new tasks we'll have next round?

Side note, but let's keep discussion on how the raffle could be changed etc to suggestions/requests. This isn't the place to argue the fairness/unfairness of the system, just talk about it as is.

Edited by Kaini

I am super excited to see different tasks and changes, and also them popping up at potentially different times (so it isn't just, log in at start of month, grab a few dragons, stick in hatcheries, come back in few days, enter raffle, so long DC rest of month - Not saying that is what most people do, I'm just using an example of someone who isn't really involved that sometimes annoys others when they "WIN" something important, but their involvement is about nil). So I think that with these factors, that it is going to give more chances to people who are more regularly visiting the game, and know enough or are willing to search to find out the info if they don't already know, on what exactly they need to accomplish to get an entry. And I don't imagine it is anything daunting, just nothing super super super basic. Cuz I know the months before my raffle win, and I was painful to admit why I hadn't been around the forums even though I wanted to (it took me awhile to even figure out why), but I did, and I was honest, and I got good answers and now I'm back here all happy and cheery and involved in what I love doing. If anything, winning something kinda fast tracked my "re-entry" into the Community Activities & Events Support arena. But there had been a lot of new releases during the time I was gone, and I was really surprised how many dragons I was really able to catch and stock up on. I hunted pretty diligently in spurts, and some were for some codes, but there were a lot of "uncommons" I was able to get, and even do some trades and stuff using the Trade Hub. And then sometimes I'd use those Trades to do more Trades. It was a nice easy way for me to re-learn about the game without having to creep into the forums. And there are a lot of people who play that way, and I really like they have access like that. If anything, I think between having a raffle that changes itself up each month, doing their hunting, and doing their trading all from the "DC Site itself" is really nice to people who just want to do this by themselves or not so much "interact with others" but also gives them a lot of resources. So many so they might be inclined to come more to the Forums to ask questions and get help on things. Which is pretty nice because I know the Forums can seem **VERY** intimidating at first. It takes a little bit. I know it took me a little bit when I was returning! And I wasn't gone *that* long!

I know some people are always going to complain because it isn't about being able to collect every single dragon. It's just the way they interact with the activity or their nature. Anything that has fans will have fans that may sound really negative at times, or really harp on that, but they are putting a lot of passion and time into those responses. It is as much passion as the positive side. I'm not really a fan of it, but it is still someone who is invested, and I am going to take the words of widsom from Matt Mercer in that it is just another form of really really passionate people. Although yes, it can take an unhealthy side, that isn't my place to judge. I am playing a dragon pixel game, I'm not here to psychoanalyze why certain people do what they do. It's a Pixel Game. I'm investing my Pixel Brain and save my Real Life brain or what's left of it for my Real Life Responsibilities and just hope that people see this as a step up in helping to make sure that prizes, if they don't end up in your hands, they are in at least active hands, and that will also hopefully raise your chances a little bit too in the process!

Honestly I'm sort of dreading these new 'tasks'/requirements for the raffle.... There is such an itty bitty tiny chance of actually winning the raffle in the first place, I'm not at all liking the fact that it's going to be even harder to *enter* the raffle. Also not liking the idea of being forced to collect CBs from specific biomes just to be allowed to enter the raffle. Hopefully the required number will remain low enough that it won't screw with people's different playstyles *too* much... 

No win here. No surprise there.

But I'm surprised about the new requirement. I really like that there are going to be new quests but I was expecting a common breed for the first month :lol: 

*leaves out a plate of cookies*

Nothing for me! My task this month seems to be 'raise 3 wyrms'.

Still just three dragons needed to be raised and still no win. That’s not even a surprise, just another day in Dragon Cave for me.

no win! but i'm sitting with a pretty good amount of xenowyrm hatchies on my scroll and enjoying the new requirements, so far. makes me curious to see what else we'll get!

No win for me, of course. I'm assuming that since the requirements don't specify CB it can include bred (hopefully??) but that's still a very very restrictive requirement given that we only have one actual wyrm in-cave! I mean, six variations of that breed, but yeah. And they aren't exactly common! I knew I wouldn't like these new requirements. I wonder if the Red-Tailed Wyrms count, since they are wyrms, or would they only count as pygmies?

Three wyrms. How soon can we DUMP them ?

The red-tailed show as pygmy  (wyrm) in the encyclopaedia... SHOULD be OK.

Prizes are hard enough to get (as in almost impossible) - NOT happy with such a play style change which won't REALLY up the odds a whole lot. Not that I was even going to win ANYWAY.

You guys.... maybe the September release will contain a wyrm breed...?  ;)

(No win here, SHOCK-HORROR!)  Congrats to anyone who did win.

*plates up some fresh No-Win cookies and passes them round*

How about Two-headed Lindwyrms? Why does he always have to be so cryptic 😣?

No win here. Naturally. Heck I can't even win an edited pet on another site, despite trying for 8 years, that only has maybe 150 people trying each time, what are my chances here? Pretty much black hole abysmal. So like always I'll just sit here and catch random eggs that I barely remember to hatch on time usually forgetting them till they're at 1 day or dead.

Meh. Just meh.

*Sees new raffle requirements.* Clarity needed. Which Wyrms actually count for this or are we just gonna get static silence till we figure it out for ourselves. >-<

Looks like everyone is casual about the raffle, as always.

Can someone make a Cookie Dragon please, I'd definitely hunt and gift one if I were able to XD

I think I'm just gonna go ahead and try it out.

One Lindwurm, one pygmy, one Xeno, and then we'll see.

1 hour ago, LadyChimaera said:

Omg just when I stopped hoping, this surprise came up! Thank you!

Congrats! Send some luck my way lol

*munches no-win cookies*

Guys, the requirement says raise 3 adult wyrms. I think it is pretty simple. IMO any wyrm should do, and if it does not specify CB, then don't fret about it. I am sure that when TJ decides to ask for CBs he will say so in the raffle page.

Edit: The wikia lists eight breeds: the 6 xenowyrms, the red-tailed wyrm pygmy and the omen wyrm. The last one is out of the question, being a halloween breed.

Edited by Naughtrish
I can't count.