Kaini

Raffle Discussion

7 hours ago, Godzalla said:

How could that happen for people to win two and more prizes and im trying to win since it started and i never won anything!! :( :( :( :( :( it is very frustrated i even started to lose hope in this game! 😕 

don't worry, i am right there with you. I kind of wish the raffle was a 1-win only, and once you win that's it, so that other people have a chance too xP every time i see a purebred prize dragon i feel a stab of anger and despair xD

Edited by Sirithiliel

*Trots in with another plate of 'no-win' cookies*

Congrats to the ones who were lucky, BUT as per usual, lack of win for moi.

Edited by JavaTigress

7 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

I won! I got an email notification on my phone that said July dragon r... and thought it was for the the July dragon release thread. I certainly wasn't expecting this, now if only my new release eggs would hatch so I have space for it. I did decide when the raffles were announced that if I ever won one I'd give the first shiny egg I breed from it away

Congrats @Chaos Rider and other winners!

36 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

don't worry, i am right there with you. I kind of wish the raffle was a 1-win only, and once you win that's it, so that other people have a chance too xP every time i see a purebred prize dragon i feel a stab of anger and despair xD

I know it's gonna sound odd but I kinda wish that for each repeat win an extra prize is handed out to someone else, mitigating the issue without excluding anyone.

Edited by blockEdragon

9 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

I know it's gonna sound odd but I kinda wish that for each repeat win, an extra prize is handed out to even things out, mitigating the issue without excluding anyone.

That sounds great, actually. Eventually, DC will swim in Prizes! :D

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That sounds great, actually. Eventually, DC will swim in Prizes! :D

i'm okay with that :P more prizes = more reasonable trading opportunities instead of the constant 'you can only get a 2nd gen if you already HAVE a Cb prize to breed 2nd gens with'

i dont' need or want super-exclusive dragons. I just want the lineages i want to make xD but it is very hard to get a prize dragon of the lineages i want, because i cannot afford what people demand for 2nd gen prize eggs and no one breeds with the mates i desire

Edited by Sirithiliel

3 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

no one breeds with the mates i desire

Same here. I gave up on one of my lineage dreams due to that, despite the constant influx of new Prizes ...

(and I'd only want certain 3rd gens ... but if the 2nd gens don't exist, no chance!)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

No win here. Maybe next year at this rate... 

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

no one breeds with the mates i desire

I know this all too well. I think I had to sever my left arm and dig out my kidney to get a 2nd Gen from my favorite DC breed. I understand how hard it is for Prizes to throw Prizes, especially from that particular breed, but, still. I would have settled for a 3rd Gen, but no one bred a 2nd Gen from that kind of line to begin with, so that put that idea out of my mind.

If I ever won a Prize, they'd be mainly gifted or given away through a raffle-type thing. The only other thing I'd do with my babies would be make lines I actually want. At least, my other kidney would be safe at that point.

2 minutes ago, Predat0rs said:

I know this all too well. I think I had to sever my left arm and dig out my kidney to get a 2nd Gen from my favorite DC breed. I understand how hard it is for Prizes to throw Prizes, especially from that particular breed, but, still. I would have settled for a 3rd Gen, but no one bred a 2nd Gen from that kind of line to begin with, so that put that idea out of my mind.

If I ever won a Prize, they'd be mainly gifted or given away through a raffle-type thing. The only other thing I'd do with my babies would be make lines I actually want. At least, my other kidney would be safe at that point.

that's all i want xD i just want hte checkers and spirals i imagine in my mind. I'd use 2nd gens to trade for 2nd gens of other pairings i want. Then? Then i dont' need to trade. I don't need neglecteds, i don't need other rares. I'll gift away the eggs

On 7/30/2018 at 5:41 PM, Looti said:

I would go by how many people clicked the new releases, which is currently 1,117 clicks for the first Spot Hatch from active IPs.

Assuming not every active player clicked the new hatchlings, we can guess winning chance is 60/1500, which comes out to 4/100 = 4%

This is just an ill-informed guess, however, so maintain some hope.

It might be closer to look at Unique views...for one of the siyats, it is

Unique views:5,733

Possibly someone looked at them from more than one location/IP address, but still, a lot of people.  No telling how many enter the raffle, but probably a lot.

*Sits in the corner eating her No Win Cookies*  At least the cookies are delicious!  

Congrats all winners!!  I hope you guys get lots of babies!!  

I've said this before, but handing out some of the most valuable dragons through random chance seems stupid.

Just now, osmarks said:

I've said this before, but handing out some of the most valuable dragons through random chance seems stupid.

Isn't that how lotteries work, though? They dish out millions of bucks at once, too!

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Isn't that how lotteries work, though? They dish out millions of bucks at once, too!

And lotteries aren't stupid too?

Just don't play them, then. I'm sure you have other means of acquiring those millions of bucks. I don't.

Frankly speaking, all method to get rares with 'your own' depends on luck, isn't it? Luck matters on finding them in cave or breeding them.

Edited by sh20000sh

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Just don't play them, then. I'm sure you have other means of acquiring those millions of bucks. I don't.

They have negative expected value.

3 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

Frankly speaking, all method to get rares with 'your own' depends on luck, isn't it? Luck matters on finding them in cave or breeding them.

Well, partly. Cave grabbing is somewhat skill-based (clicking fast).

Edited by Kaini
Combined double-post.