Kaini

Raffle Discussion

45 minutes ago, osmarks said:

They have negative expected value. 

Well said, very well said.

The raffle is a privilege. Back when only those with some sense of art talent could win the competitions and the dragon, it was somewhat unfair.

But now, everybody has a chance, whether they are active in the Dragcave community or not. A newbie could win it, and that seems perfectly fine.

It is truly nothing to get worked up over.

Just now, Looti said:

The raffle is a privilege. Back when only those with some sense of art talent could win the competitions and the dragon, it was somewhat unfair.

But now, everybody has a chance, whether they are active in the Dragcave community or not. A newbie could win it, and that seems perfectly fine.

It is truly nothing to get worked up over.

A while back you had a broken leg so therefore your new broken foot is a privilege.

A very OP resource given to a select few as a free weekly chance at something worth a CB gold or more is an issue that's valid to criticize or "get worked up over", exclusive dragons that no one has any real chance of obtaining or earning is super unfair to everyone else who plays the game and has to give up very hard earned dragons that actually require time and effort for an egg that took seconds to make and can be made almost weekly with little effort. 

I don't resent prize owners or anything for asking for nice things but I do resent the heck out of prize dragons existing in the first place and the seeming refusal to properly balance them out after they ended up being the most OP thing in the game.

We already managed to get rid of the holiday issue so it's kind of frustrating that in the same year as the holiday fix the prize issue was only slightly mitigated but not dealt with entirely.

2 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

A while back you had a broken leg so therefore your new broken foot is a privilege.

Except that we are talking here about a third leg and a third foot. Owning a Prize Dragon is not actually necessary to play the game - it's an extra. You're not entitled to it, you just may be granted one, or you may not.

3 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

A very OP resource

That resource is only as overpowered as you make it. These things are like art or antiques: they are worth just as much as someone else is willing to pay for it. You WANT it, that's what gives it its power. Not the game itself.

2 hours ago, blockEdragon said:

A very OP resource given to a select few as a free weekly chance at something worth a CB gold or more is an issue that's valid to criticize or "get worked up over", exclusive dragons that no one has any real chance of obtaining or earning is super unfair to everyone else who plays the game and has to give up very hard earned dragons that actually require time and effort for an egg that took seconds to make and can be made almost weekly with little effort. 

I don't resent prize owners or anything for asking for nice things but I do resent the heck out of prize dragons existing in the first place and the seeming refusal to properly balance them out after they ended up being the most OP thing in the game.

We already managed to get rid of the holiday issue so it's kind of frustrating that in the same year as the holiday fix the prize issue was only slightly mitigated but not dealt with entirely.

Strictly speaking, it's only OP due to perceived rarity.

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Except that we are talking here about a third leg and a third foot. Owning a Prize Dragon is not actually necessary to play the game - it's an extra. You're not entitled to it, you just may be granted one, or you may not.

That resource is only as overpowered as you make it. These things are like art or antiques: they are worth just as much as someone else is willing to pay for it. You WANT it, that's what gives it its power. Not the game itself.

Nothing is necessary to play the game, technically. You can sit there with no eggs forever.

Every egg in DC is only valuable because people pay.

Edited by Kaini
edited to combine double post

3 minutes ago, osmarks said:

Nothing is necessary to play the game, technically. You can sit there with no eggs forever.

Well, playing the game involves acquiring *any* egg or hatchling, otherwise, you know, you're not playing this game. Just the breed doesn't matter.

3 minutes ago, osmarks said:

Every egg in DC is only valuable because people pay.

This, I heartily agree with.

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Well, playing the game involves acquiring *any* egg or hatchling, otherwise, you know, you're not playing this game. Just the breed doesn't matter.

This, I heartily agree with.

The game can be defined as acquiring dragons you like. Over time, for most people, this switches to rarer ones due to uniqueness.

CB prizes are in that sense very OP as they let you acquire basically anything you want.

Just now, osmarks said:

CB prizes are in that sense very OP as they let you acquire basically anything you want.

I shall try that should I ever get there XD I still want that 3rd gen silver Shimmer stair from male Winters and originating from (Jewel)! :lol:

21 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Except that we are talking here about a third leg and a third foot.

Having an extra leg/foot that's broken would still hurt though, it's still attached to you.

On a more serious note: the metaphor is that just because a problem is less than it used to be doesn't mean it shouldn't be solved or that it isn't still a problem.

Edited by blockEdragon

Would you rather have no raffles at all, and just leave it to where the original Christmas raffle winners are the only ones with CBs?

I'm thankful TJ started the monthly raffle. Now we all have a chance to get a CB, rather than them being forever locked to a select number of people.

What would your solution be, to just give everybody one? Then what's the point? The game will never be perfectly, equally fair and that's what makes it worth playing at all.

Also mod hat for a second, please remember not to double-post. Edit your previous post if you have more to say.

5 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Would you rather have no raffles at all, and just leave it to where the original Christmas raffle winners are the only ones with CBs?

I'm thankful TJ started the monthly raffle. Now we all have a chance to get a CB, rather than them being forever locked to a select number of people.

What would your solution be, to just give everybody one? Then what's the point? The game will never be perfectly, equally fair and that's what makes it worth playing at all.

Also mod hat for a second, please remember not to double-post. Edit your previous post if you have more to say.

Other suggested solutions:

Make them cave drops

Add them to market

Neither are ideal, but better than pure randomness.

Just now, osmarks said:

Other suggested solutions:

Make them cave drops

Add them to market

Neither are ideal, but better than pure randomness.

Cave drops are hard enough as it is. You may actually cause harm by making poor commons even less desirable.

The Market may be the way to go, but that might mean making you wait a year to two. That might just piss people off even more.

1 minute ago, Looti said:

Cave drops are hard enough as it is. You may actually cause harm by making poor commons even less desirable.

The Market may be the way to go, but that might mean making you wait a year to two. That might just piss people off even more.

Yea.

I would honestly rather have the raffles - getting a CB gold or silver already takes long enough in the market, imagine literal years to get a CB prize. 

Though to be fair that's what the raffles will take for most I guess. I think I personally would rather have a chance each month. 

But kinda the same net effect - if they were in the market, only the people that had played nonstop for a year (or more? Two years?) would have them, and people would say casual and new players are being left out. At least with the raffles, anyone -can- win if they enter.

1 minute ago, Kaini said:

Yea.

I would honestly rather have the raffles - getting a CB gold or silver already takes long enough in the market, imagine literal years to get a CB prize. 

Though to be fair that's what the raffles will take for most I guess. I think I personally would rather have a chance each month. 

But kinda the same net effect - if they were in the market, only the people that had played nonstop for a year (or more? Two years?) would have them, and people would say casual and new players are being left out. At least with the raffles, anyone -can- win if they enter.

7 minutes ago, Looti said:

The market would provide it as a clear, visible goal and be at least slightly skill-based.

This is less infuriating than entering every month, not even knowing your chances, and probably getting nothing.

Edited by osmarks

I'd rather have a guaranteed Prize after X amount of years than hope I get one from sheer dumb luck. It's already been *technically* 8 years since the Prizes were first introduced... and tons of us do not have one, even with the introduction of these new Monthly Raffles. I doubt I'll ever win from these Raffles, even if I continued to play for a decade (or more). Some people have 2+ Prizes already. I still think that it's very unfair that we can have repeat winners. I think I saw someone win 3 in a freakin' row.

I'm going to have to say, even before I won anything, I was very ok with the Monthly raffle thing. I mean it was just as random as the original Christmas ones, except there is one big catch - A LOT of people come to play during the Holidays only who either are mostly inactive during the rest of the year, or slowly drop off in activity just after that. So instead of having a much larger player base who may or may not be active and distributing them randomly among those people (which greatly increases the chances you will get players who go inactive shortly thereafter, or do things the Community considers to be pretty awful decisions by freezing, killing, or other random things to generally less positive and helpful) vs. something that requires people to at least log in at least once a month and manage to raise 3 dragons to adulthood. Nothing earth shattering, but something that requires a bit of effort) so the chances of getting players who fade into the background and leave are a bit less likely, and you continue to increase the pool of the once "very limited resource" so that more lines and options and people are available to produce these things. And if a few people fade into the background after a period of time, that is ok, because there is a constant replacement.

There are some dragons I wish we could increase numbers of too, not because I want to own them, but because the players that have that particular breed are literally maybe... one, or a small handful, and they are constantly being hammered with requests for this and that as people want either offspring of some type for lineages, 2G offspring, etc. And that is great for those people who remain active and like to trade and offer that to the Community, but eventually, with rare exceptions, those players often get tired of the constant demand and people "befriending them" and not really being sure if it is because they want something, or they actually like you, and the hammering is ongoing. And what if you want to do something with your life rather than play DC all day long? Or even constantly or regularly? Whoops, that valuable resource is GONE - or is diminished and now even more pressure upon those who still have that "unobtainable rare".

I'm gonna be honest, I'd much rather have this system, and have won something under this system. I don't have to join a secret club of Prize Owners who only trade with one another for several months so no one gets anything unless they offer crazy amazing things, or I suddenly make this "promise to breed list," get all these expensive dragons and things on my scroll, and then Oh No, that breeding list is just too much trouble and stress, I think after XX months later I'm out, Peace! I'm not saying it was common, but it wasn't entirely uncommon either. Many people can tell you the story of the particularly bad case of this, but that is an aside.I wasn't impacted personally, just many friends were. And what were players to do? They had to take their chances, and be either rich enough or able to offer something that person wanted to get on that list, or they had to be lucky enough to be gifted an offspring by really generous owners.

These days, getting a 2G Prize is still a pretty awesome thing. But it is not something so rare that they write about it in the texts of history and speak of it in legendary tales passed down thru the generations. There was a time when getting a 3G offspring was like winning the lottery. These days, I'm not saying people toss around 3G offspring like confetti, but they are a lot more generously available. And you don't have to spend 2-3 or more years playing for this to happen. This is a *GOOD* thing. The problem with a dragon that can only be randomly attained is if you don't refill the supply so that the demand far exceeds the availability, you can create an economic crisis, which then bleeds out into a social crisis in your game. It can make a lot of people really bitter, jealous, and unhappy on all sides. And it creates drama, and very negative tear Communities apart I'm gonna say really nasty things and then people quit and leave and it is just ugly. I'm not saying drama doesn't happen, but there is an ongoing resource now, and since you never know who might win, that means one of your friends or yourself could magically win, you can keep it quiet, share it among your group of friends, put them up for Trades to get offspring, whatever, and mostly avoid the public. It makes the chances of "attaining" things a lot more likely. Which was something that wasn't really possible before. I mean TJ dumped how many dragons into various Christmas Raffles... like 300? And it still didn't seem like enough to really fill the demand. The ongoing filling of the pool, honestly, seems like the best answer I have ever seen to the laws of supply and demand. I mean, and you could use any distribution method, this one seems pretty ok, and people have been able to get lineages they love, have more access to chances to do this, and Prize Owners sometimes work together to make various lineages, or some of them now have the time to spend mating their dragon with "commons that take forever to breed a Prize dragon from" and produce mate/offpsring combos that take a LOT of work. I mean, people could still do that under the old system, but if you took time off from the "filling of the Community demands" for something like that in the past, it could seem selfish and greedy. I mean, it is YOUR dragon, but it is still a resource people want. I mean sure the prize itself, but especially offspring from said prize. And while we love to see fun unique new lineages, it takes time. Letting people win Prizes on an ongoing base, and at a pretty good ongoing amount each month - we take a lot of the lineages and options and things for granted vs. just a few years back.

So I mean, this is a long essay not to say you don't have a right to make suggestions of what you want to see better, but I could not have ever dealt with never ending demands of having a Prize on my scroll prior to this system. I would have lost my mind. I would have quit the game. I would have turned into a really mean and vindictive and withdrawn person. People who kill off their various Prize or rare dragons? I get how that happens. Not even just trolling. All of that Community pressure in one way or another, no matter how much "it is your dragon and you can do with it as you please" it really isn't. Not until there is at least enough constant supply that the demand is able to cease to something more balanced. Sure, people always had the right to say "I choose not to participate in XYZ" but it didn't mean that people didn't try despite their very firm "This is how I do it, go fly a kite." People still gonna try when things are scarce.

I mean, there were others who did things like breed special dragons for people who were super helpful and dedicated to helping others in the Community, long time players who seemed unable to attain something they really wanted, etc. There were players who hosted special games and the only way to win a prize (or one of the main ways) from their Dragon was to participate and the Giveaways and Raffles had a lot of unique flavors and did a lot of cool things for the community, and people usually had fun regardless if they won or not. And it was a chance for "anyone" to win. With the constant addition of the dragons in the current form, we get a lot more of that. And honestly, that has been one of the greatest boons out of this. Watching people breed special lines for nothing other than to offer a gift to a good person. Letting people play games for chances to win and not in a vicious win or die lets turn this really negative contest, Special breeding projects, cooperative this and that, and people still having more access to get lines and things they desire because there is just an every growing supply. And if some people want or need to fade into the sunset (look I'm talking metaphorically, nothing tragic here), our first (or second) reaction isn't "ZOMG What are we going to do now that we don't have access to their Dragon(s)/Scroll anymore?!?!?!" We can super miss and love that person and while they may have had some rare awesome fun dragons that were great to see floating around in the Community, we have a constant supply to cover that now.

You know what this means? I can win a Prize and not Quit. I can win a Prize and choose how I want to play with it and not feel GUILTY about it because I'm a person who is all about pushing Community Fun and involvement, especially at a player level (The Admins do awesome special games and release and art and work really hard to keep this game running, and I'm actually rather impressed that the collect pixel eggs and grow them still has an audience draw of this size even in these days, very impressive!) because the Admins cannot just "Entertain us" all day long, at some point we gotta have fun with what we have and say Hey, we can also do some fun things on our own - lets go do that! So .... with the understanding of Community and Economics and stuff, I would feel pretty bad not being able to provide a resource that was in great demand and demand outweighed supply. I would feel bad. I just would. But these days, I can do what I'm gonna do, not stress it because there is a lot to go around, and will continue to grow, and so I really do get to do what I want without the constant stress and bother. Heck, I thought naming my dragon T R U M P would cause me to get really nasty PMs from people or people who would be like, I know we used to be cool, but yah please don't talk to me anymore. That probably has more to do with the Community I just LEFT to come back to something that was a lot more casual and laid back and less time sensitive.(So much for the inclusive geeky community, but I guess that is what you get if you let L.A & Hollywood try to dictate life to you. I prefer something a lot more quiet and normal and at least semi-read. Your constant retweets but never your own thoughts so you can stay employed or whatever else I get - Those "crazy" old school geeks just aren't cool enough to hang with you all. You know, when you built your computer by hand. Or you were basically a Luddite.) Dragon Pixels FTW.

Anyway, that didn't happen, most people shrugged and didn't understand my paranoia at just having a laugh at life and saying, among other things - You Know, I'm Never Going to Look at a Gold Tinsel the Same Way. (Dear Marrioneta, you are fantastic and I hope you take no offense. Your work has nothing to do with Trump. I just sorta see his bronzed skin and strange hair in its sorta palomino color of faint gold - and to give the dude some credit, he is a older guy who works more hours than most of any of us do, so this isn't a hate - and I just look at the Gold Tinsel and go... You know, I look at that Picture of Snape with that Gold Tinsel on his Head... and I look at Trump, and Yah... His Hair totally looks like he has a Gold Tinsel sitting on his head, maybe that is his "hair secret" passed down to him from Snape...)

So No hate, but I also felt a lot more freedom to really "do what I wanted with my dragon" because I didn't have to feel guilty about potentially offending people off some rare dragon type and them have to wonder.... Gosh, I really would like offspring but I just cannot morally bring myself to do that.... It is a dragon pixel. I am here to watch people have fun and hope to help them have fun. I hope I can do that. And winning one made me have to sorta move up my time line of reintroduction and work within the community and get a lot more involved because now I felt a bit more responsibility. Nothing that would rule or dictate my life, but that is just how I view things and view this game. And it is why I am here anyway. But at least I had the freedom to do it the way I wanted, where I would have never felt that prior to these raffles, and again, think would have just gone insane and burned my pixels down or something. I'm glad we seem to have a better answer then what we've had pop up now and again in the past.

While it is always good to make something better, it is also good to be honest how far we've come and improved. And I feel it has improved enough that I don't have to completely hide and go crazy. A++ Ebay Review.

Edited by Natayah

1 hour ago, Kaini said:

You could say that about anything. A problem with the game doesn't stop being a problem just because there are worse ways it could have turned out.

And yes actually, my solution is close to give "everyone" a prize but it has more nuance to it, my solution would be to make them rare in a way similar to how GoNs are rare. Giving them out with trophies and letting people pick one of the two breeds with each trophy of the matching color and then one extra of any color and either breed with the platinum trophy.

Everyone gets 4 prizes total (if they get all their trophies), 1 bronze, one gold, 1 silver, one extra. You can pick 3 shimmers and a tinsel, 2 of each, or even four of the same breed. But you get four, if you want more swap with someone else like you have to with GoNs.

Raffles could stick around but then act as a way to get extra prizes. That way they go from a set-for-life lottery to a way to get more of a limited-availability dragon, kind of like a 4th GoN.

This keeps CBs rare without making them worthless or neigh unobtainable without extreme luck, keeps the prize status since you get them with the trophy and not just a random common drop, and nerfs the insane levels of power that cave-borns have.

I like increased availability. I just don't like the raffles.

Edit: I agree with the above idea.

Edited by osmarks

Not to Double Post: But the one thing I will say, yes I totally get the frustration of being a long time player and seeing people win twice, but a third time... that is really rough. That one hurts. Not gonna lie, I totally get that. And I can understand that person also saying "But I won a Bronze Tinsel, I really just wanted a Silver Shimmer (or whatever), I'd happily trade two of them back for ONE XXX."  On the Flip Side, We are also NEVER going to get lines where there is a CB Prize with a CB Prize Mate unless someone wins at least twice. But I totally get that sting. That is the one major down side that I cannot see a good answer to.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the monthly raffles either. They don't distribute CB Prizes evenly or fairly, and it may take years for most of us to win, if we ever do. But I still prefer having raffles over nothing. Introducing CB Prizes to the market alongside the monthly raffles is my favorite option, but I understand it will probably never happen. CB Prizes are meant to be exclusive. Having them in the market would make them obtainable to anyone with time and effort.

I am completely against cave drops though. I never even see Xenos--how would dropping a far rarer dragon be helpful to players like me, who don't have time to hunt for hours a day (AKA the majority)? And then there's bots. The raffles may be random, but they don't favor a select group of players. Catching a CB Prize would make the madness over CB Hollies last year look like nothing.

But, with all of that said, I am happy that TJ brought the raffles back. Many of the new winners are working hard to spread 2Gs and help out with lineages. It's nice to see more Prizes introduced every month, even if the method of distribution isn't my favorite.

5 hours ago, osmarks said:

The game can be defined as acquiring dragons you like. Over time, for most people, this switches to rarer ones due to uniqueness.

That is, if you use them in that manner, some people do and they can. They are only as valuable as what someone is willing to pay for them.

Also your statement presumes that when that dragon is bred it guarantees a prize, it does not.

I just breed mine for myself - ergo, its not overpowered to me.  Since I got mine 1 year ago (July 31 2017) (A permanent pairing) I have had 20 successful breedings to this date. (Out of 52 weeks - mostly one attempt a week)  7 of these are prize -  one was gifted to a best buddy of mine -  the rest I kept. I got a shim-kin up for trade, mostly to see what bites for one -  so far no offers.  Doesn't matter chances are I won't let it go anyway. So in my experience, its just another dragon.

Also exclusive things tend to be limited run, hard to find or expensive to obtain. These things tend to be more valuable in the future due to scarcity.

@The Dragoness If you suspect botting/scripting PM a mod with any evidence and they can look into it.

11 minutes ago, Starscream said:

That is, if you use them in that manner, some people do and they can. They are only as valuable as what someone is willing to pay for them.

Also your statement presumes that when that dragon is bred it guarantees a prize, it does not.

I just breed mine for myself - ergo, its not overpowered to me.  Since I got mine 1 year ago (July 31 2017) (A permanent pairing) I have had 20 successful breedings to this date. (Out of 52 weeks - mostly one attempt a week)  7 of these are prize -  one was gifted to a best buddy of mine -  the rest I kept. I got a shim-kin up for trade, mostly to see what bites for one -  so far no offers.  Doesn't matter chances are I won't let it go anyway. So in my experience, its just another dragon.

Also exclusive things tend to be limited run, hard to find or expensive to obtain. These things tend to be more valuable in the future due to scarcity.

@The Dragoness If you suspect botting/scripting PM a mod with any evidence and they can look into it.

Sure not everyone uses them for trades, and sure they don't always succeed but still, prizes don't exactly breed like golds (they're more often compared to the rarer uncommons like gold wyverns), and even if they did breed poorly that's still a 2g worth a CB gold or more. That's a lot of potential power.

Anything can be under powered if you use it the wrong way for the situation, a gun in a knife fight could still loose miserably if you choose to hold it backwards, doesn't mean guns should be in knife fights.

Edited by blockEdragon

5 hours ago, Predat0rs said:

I'd rather have a guaranteed Prize after X amount of years than hope I get one from sheer dumb luck.

This this and this. Back when there was a long Suggestion thread for possible changes to the raffle, people actually did the math. With the estimated userbase (based on a number TJ himself said a few years ago) it will take upwards of 50 *years* for every active player to win just 1 Prize in this raffle. And that's assuming no multi-wins, which we know happens. So basically you could play this game for the entire rest of your life and *never* win the raffle. I'd *much* rather spend a year or two saving shards for a guaranteed outcome then relying on the complete randomness of a very very limited raffle.

And just because CB Prizes are 'obtainable' again after there not being any raffle at all for a few years, that certainly doesn't mean that this is the best scenario, for players in general or for the game as a whole. Because for the vast majority of players they are *still* unobtainable. Completely, 100% unobtainable. At least if they dropped in the cave or were in the Market you could *do* something to get one, whether saving up shards or hunting as much as possible, instead of relying on a completely random itty-bitty raffle chance.

This is not saying anything against raffle winners, I'm very happy for everyone who wins. I just wish there wasn't such a horribly minuscule chance of ever winning.

4 hours ago, blockEdragon said:

Sure not everyone uses them for trades, and sure they don't always succeed but still, prizes don't exactly breed like golds (they're more often compared to the rarer uncommons like gold wyverns), and even if they did breed poorly that's still a 2g worth a CB gold or more. That's a lot of potential power.

I think you may drastically overestimate the value of a 2G Prize. That hasn't really been my experience. I mean, sure, if you get to pick the mate and it is not a Holiday or Uncommon/Rare mate, or anything outside of holidays, it can sometimes take a LOT of work, and sometimes people really want less "uncommon/rare" dragons, so that can require a lot of work or a lot of luck. I understand the cost being higher. And as more continue to pour out into the playerbase, that value is just going to continue to drop. I don't have a problem with this. I have intended that I will mostly be donating to raffles, games, events, giveaways, player activity things, but my first egg I traded (this is not of any offense to the lovely people who offered, I get that I am at the point where I am mostly here for the Community and thus have a really limited focus on things I might "want"), but there just wasn't anything that caught my eye at that time, and I got word that a Giveaway/Raffle was taking place in which I had won a 2G Prize in the past, and so I pulled the trade and felt I was paying it back to some degree with that and felt really good about it, but even my Profile, I've said - Look I may not want to keep a list of things, but I can be persuaded, but I don't really think the price at which I can be persuaded is realistic with their real value, but sure, go ahead if you really like - and I've had literally no offers. This isn't me trying to secretly encourage people to start spamming me with offers. I would rather not. But I put it in there because I am not some super pious vow of poverty only serve the Community type of person and never stray. I am going to eventually trade and swap sometimes. But if they were really that valued, I'd already be bling'ed out and telling the Giveaways they can wait a month or two. The stuff I got comes from when I was still active, and very kind generous people and it is nice to pay it back a bit. I do value the Community a lot more highly, but I still do value dragons too. I mean, I haven't won DC. I can joke I did, but - No, I'm not lying upon piles of riches. So I just want it to be clear, especially as there are many people who have 2G's and freely give and donate 3G's that .... it may be a bit harder for a general person based on what they want, who they know, etc. But it isn't anything like it was, and I'm trying to get our Player Activities where the 2G babies as potential prizes are a bit more often and active again and I hope that helps a bit.

That said, I know some people who have lines and rare dragons and loads of 2G's and all sorts of special rare things, who are also generous people, but there are also those who never seem to be happy and seem to think if they get enough dragons, or get all the dragons that exist, that will somehow make them happy or such. I don't know. I think happiness comes from within, not from without. No amount of dragon pixels of any type is ever going to do that. Don't get me wrong - I am not trying to say those without should NOT have a better chance to have them, especially longer time players. You are especially the players I hope receive them no matter how they are delivered. And I want you two. But if you are upset repeatedly because "you have yet again lost another raffle" and this impacts you on a deeper emotional level (I'm not talking frustration and wanting to have other options of distribution because you do a lot to the game, but you still understand its a game, and it is frustrating to not be able to get a dragon - I get that, but at the end of the day, you don't become deeply emotionally invested and even traumatized or angered or moved to really unhealthy emotions). If you do, then you need something more than what DC is going to provide for you. That is meant with deep sincere love and honesty. So just understand there are different types of people making suggestions, and if you fall into the latter, I suggest you take some time from DC like I did. DC wasn't causing me issues, but life got crazy and I had to cut a lot of things out of it. Life is a lot more cool now and while I was never really in a *BAD* place while playing DC, I enjoy this whole growing older and actually being responsible about my life and health vs. taking it for granted (I took a lot in life for granted various years back, I am not speaking of OTHER people, this is me) and I'm glad for the time and the growth. It's always good to be in a good head space when dealing with "winning and losing and prizes and such." This is a fun game, and I hope that anything in this game never creates something that causes anyone to actually cause real life pain and emptiness. There isn't any suggestion or coding that the Admins will do that will fix that for you. Just to be clear on the differences.

Edited by Natayah

I took a break from dragon cave till I looked into the discord to have a look at gifting. Ended back here whilst claiming an egg and started to do the usual things - then for about 20 mins I remembered about the raffle page that I need to enter for this month. As I got on the page the button said "claim prize" I won a silver tinsel from last month! My first caveborn!!! I'm still shocked, and I've always wanted the silver tinsel the most! I feel so lucky right now! I might as well do the lottery!? Thank you dragon cave :D