Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Oh, and "raise 3 CB prize dragons". XD Or "raise 3 dinos". That would be awful.

Yeah, I'd never enter a raffle if NDs were a requirement. Same with killing dragons. I feel bad for the pixels.

On 9/3/2018 at 7:50 AM, Suzumiya said:

Has ANYONE been able to enter yet? 

I just entered with 3 Red-tailed wyrms, so they work as well ^_^

Edited by dragondoodle
Didn't need the whole quote

I entered with two Xenowyrms and one Red-tailed wyrm. Glad to see the Red-tails are properly counted as wyrms. ^_^

I entered with a couple of beautiful Xenos I freshly bred 5 days ago and which just grew up.

I think from here on we'll be pretty good. Sounds like the Community is ready to jump on this and experiment if necessary, report results, and help people out who need it. So people can reach out and be involved. And all in just a few days with great feedback that got some changes done potentially and good feedback. And such. So that was pretty good results for a few days. Not bad, you all rock!

10 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Eh, Red-Tailed Pygmies are common enough. It clearly shows that this body type needs more breeds released though XD

Yes! More wyrm breeds please! I remember how excited people were when Omens were revealed as wyrms, we really need more regular wyrm breeds.

Now that I've gotten over my frustration at the very limited requirements, I'm kind of excited for a reason to breed all my Xenos. I'm not a huge breeder, but I do like to participate in mass-breeds when I see them. Breeding my Xenos to the AP as much as I can this month will give me something else to do besides constantly refreshing the biomes/AP.

10 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It clearly shows that this body type needs more breeds released though XD

Now that's the ticket, MORE DRAGONS! :D

On 9/4/2018 at 7:52 PM, pixiezbite said:

I've had one xeno and one red tailed wyrm grow up, they both counted towards the raffle.

17 hours ago, Naughtrish said:

Same here, a xeno and a red tailed wyrm grew up a while ago and both counted.

17 hours ago, osmarks said:

It looks like it was changed. Changes like this should really be listed somewhere...

I can assure you that nothing has changed. TLQ only had one report of them not counting, and the person who posted didn't even have any Red-Tailed Wyrms grow up near the timeframe of their post.

14 hours ago, olympe said:

The one thing I'd like to see changed for the requirements is that none of them should rely on uncommon-to-rare breeds only. So, please no "raise 3 metallic dragons" (because new players might have a hard time getting those), "hatch 3 alts (=vine, black, undine and maybe nebula) " or "create 3 zombies". XD 

There's really no official groupings or designations like the ones you've listed (e.g. the encyclopedia doesn't list "metallic" anywhere), so it wouldn't make sense to have the raffle endorse those.

I thought about the zombie one, but only in the vein of "holiday-ish-themed raffles would be interesting." No plans to do anything of the sort.

3 hours ago, TJ09 said:

I thought about the zombie one, but only in the vein of "holiday-ish-themed raffles would be interesting." No plans to do anything of the sort.

NOT until you up the odds, anyway, she said darkly. Lord knows I try.

Speaking of the Raffle, I love Cheeses, obviously. Someone has a Cheese up for trade. They're asking for an Omen wyrm! Gah! Wish I could tell them Omens are holiday only. 

I do like the idea of holiday-related raffles, when it's around that time. Like, say, raise/breed 3 old holiday dragons. Or just raise 3 new ones (for the unlimited ones, like Halloween) or raise 2 for Christmas/V-day, etc. It would hurt the people who freeze one and grow one, though. I have a friend who always freezes one of her two V-day dragons, and let's the other one grow up. 

I'm actually excited to see the different requirements in the months to follow.

I was kind of worried when I saw the whole "raise 3 wyrms" as I wasn't sure if pygmyes counted and thought it was unfair to require growing breeds that are still pretty uncommon. Still manageable in a month's time, though, so ok. Hope next month will be different and cool, but not too hard. I wouldn't mind having to catch CB from a specific biome (as long as it's any breed), but I'd hate to see something like "raise 3 CB insert specific breed", that would be way too hard for most people who cannot play long hours. 

Still trying my luck without result on the raffles, but I'm actually okay with not winning still. Sure, it can be frustrating sometimes, but as I'm more a "casual player" (I don't have the time to be more involved even if I wanted), I don't set myself "impossible" goals :P I'd love one nonetheless, obviously! 

Edited by relaks

2 hours ago, relaks said:

I'm actually excited to see the different requirements in the months to follow.

I was kind of worried when I saw the whole "raise 3 wyrms" as I wasn't sure if pygmyes counted and thought it was unfair to require growing breeds that are still pretty uncommon. Still manageable in a month's time, though, so ok. Hope next month will be different and cool, but not too hard. I wouldn't mind having to catch CB from a specific biome (as long as it's any breed), but I'd hate to see something like "raise 3 CB insert specific breed", that would be way too hard for most people who cannot play long hours. 

Still trying my luck without result on the raffles, but I'm actually okay with not winning still. Sure, it can be frustrating sometimes, but as I'm more a "casual player" (I don't have the time to be more involved even if I wanted), I don't set myself "impossible" goals :P I'd love one nonetheless, obviously! 

I'd love to collect dragons from the Alpine or Coast, my favorite biomes. Maybe I'd get to see dragons besides CB Ices and those puddle dragons or Seawyrm pygmies once in awhile.

Happy for the raffle requirement change, thanks for the info TJ, and a belated congrats to all the August winners! I was feeling some good raffle-winning-vibes out of nowhere, but it was all in my head hehe 😛

12 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

NOT until you up the odds, anyway, she said darkly. Lord knows I try.

The odds on zombification would have to be increased, I agree. I mean its  a pita trying to get out of season zombie.

18 hours ago, coo_ said:

Happy for the raffle requirement change, thanks for the info TJ, and a belated congrats to all the August winners! I was feeling some good raffle-winning-vibes out of nowhere, but it was all in my head hehe 😛

I get that feeling at the end of every month. It's like one of those "OMG something's gonna happen!" tingle in my body...and then nothing does. And disappointment sets in for about an hour, then I go back to hunting Cheeses.

I guess everyone knew this already but I'll tell anywas: Seawyrm Pygmies do not count. Bred and raised one to make sure.

What I really don't like about this, is it's essentially asking me to raise dragons that I'm just going to release, because I have no need or desire for them.  Raising three of any dragon meant that I could get ones I actually wanted. 

Maybe breeding wyrms, not raising them, would have helped to raise the xeno population, but as it is, I'm just raising some throw away pygmies.

I have officially met the requirements and entered the raffle for this month. Goodness that was annoying. I hope next month's requirements are a little less restrictive. (It would've been great if having a wyrm on your scroll counted, instead of actually raising to adulthood... Between breeding for the AP and gifting CBs I would've met the requirement much sooner!)

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

if having a wyrm on your scroll counted, instead of actually raising to adulthood

wouldn't be an activity check though ;)

3 hours ago, lean2fire said:

What I really don't like about this, is it's essentially asking me to raise dragons that I'm just going to release, because I have no need or desire for them.  Raising three of any dragon meant that I could get ones I actually wanted. 

Maybe breeding wyrms, not raising them, would have helped to raise the xeno population, but as it is, I'm just raising some throw away pygmies.

And that's a problem - why  ? You want to enter a raffle, you do the necessary. IF I ever entered the lottery I would very much begrudge paying for a ticket (it feels like paying for nothing and so far always has been !) - but you have to be in it to win it.

7 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

wouldn't be an activity check though ;)

I don't see how it wouldn't be. You still have to be 'active' in order to pick up eggs or breed them. It's actually *more* active, for me at least, to spent 20+ minutes breeding dragons then spend 5 minutes grabbing an egg and tossing it into a hatchery. The 'activity' level needed is so tiny anyways, grab three eggs and toss them into hatcheries and leave them be. 

I was lucky enough to have two near-mature Xenos when the new raffle started, and then had to find a third wyrm to fulfill the requirements. I stupidly bought a Market Gaia...and then caught one about an hour later. So glad I love Gaias. I was prepared to breed and raise those pygmies, though. I love pygmies, and it would give me a reason to start a lineage with red wyrm pygmies.

I do still wish those two-headed LINDwurms counted, though. I really want a reason to breed my two-headeds again. I got up to 6EG PB (no inbreeding) with the lindwurms, then stopped because...I ran out of CB lindwurms and non-inbred pairings. This could have been a great opportunity to get more, especially from people breeding lots of them and then APing them for others.

i just entered the raffle today. I've never entered this late (usually the requirement is filled on the first day), but it really wasn't a difficult requirement to fill. I don't understand why some people are making a big fuss out of it. I mean, it's very easy to request a Xeno egg in a gifting thread or, if you have your own, breed for yourself. Is it different? Yes. But if you don't like Xenowyrms, you can always just release them after entering. Or just don't enter the raffle at all. There's always next month! We wanted variety and challenge, so TJ gave it to us. It could be worse, like "raise 3 CB Golds."

Personally, I'd raise 3 Xenowyrms for a chance at winning a CB Prize any day XD

Edited by The Dragoness