Kaini

Raffle Discussion

56 minutes ago, osmarks said:

I can breed you a few from my xenowyrms soon, though they're on cooldown from a massbreed last month.

Thank you for the kind offer, but that's alright. I have plenty of CBs. I just lack the desire/need for more Xeno lineages XD

Congrats winners....just saw the requirements. Not too jazzed about wyrms being the first choice for a requirement.

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

Congrats winners....just saw the requirements. Not too jazzed about wyrms being the first choice for a requirement.

Oh dear...has it been confirmed that wyrms don't just mean dragons in general? That is HAS to be called a wyrm? This really downs my jazz, too. I have ZERO luck getting Xenos and I really don't like bred ones. Someone gifted me a bred Astrapi, and it grows up soon, so I'll get to see if it counts at least. I have a Cheese growing up at the same time...so hopefully they'll both count? I hope it isn't just Xenos! What a challenge!

I guess that's the point, though. If you want a raffle entry, you have to TRY for it. While I wouldn't like it, it would help with cave blocking by forcing people to raise, say Green/Guardian dragons for their raffle entry....

I am gonna be honest here and probably get some pushback but someone needs to point out that ... this is *EXACTLY* the thing we asked for that it shouldn't be that simple to enter a raffle, so it increases your chance and you can stab the Wyrms you raise for zombie fodder, name them something goofy and have a possibly cool zombie wyrm and a better chance at a PRIZE. It's 30 days.... even over the Holiday Prep it shouldn't be that bad and we are gonna have tons of breeding events or individual runs. Hit the AP and get a lower time egg, raise it and kill it later...???

35 minutes ago, Natayah said:

I am gonna be honest here and probably get some pushback but someone needs to point out that ... this is *EXACTLY* the thing we asked for that it shouldn't be that simple to enter a raffle, so it increases your chance and you can stab the Wyrms you raise for zombie fodder, name them something goofy and have a possibly cool zombie wyrm and a better chance at a PRIZE. It's 30 days.... even over the Holiday Prep it shouldn't be that bad and we are gonna have tons of breeding events or individual runs. Hit the AP and get a lower time egg, raise it and kill it later...???

Its actually kinda refreshing to have something specific to breed. With that said, I have so few wyrms -  and I am trying a pygmy wyrm -  I'll post back if I see anything positive.

Hmm. Pretty indifferent about the requirements, really. It's still just three dragons, but it's three dragons I wouldn't normally collect more of. Wonder if freezing them counts, I always do love frozens...

Guess I'll breed the rest of my wyrms for the AP. Good luck, everyone.

1 hour ago, Natayah said:

Not all of us asked for harder requirements. We also don't really know if it increases chances of winning a raffle or not. I just went ahead and bred my three xenos for myself (and I can breed the pygmies if it turns out to be those instead), but I do  feel bad for the people who can't easily breed or catch xenos when there are other more common dragon options available. I really hope we don't get a "raise three unbreedables option" anytime soon. 

I'm also not about to stab my xenos either. But that's neither here nor there. 

I'm glad we have a different requirement, and 3 is a really low number. Breed them, catch them, breed something nice and ask for -any- xeno in the trading hub now to make it even easier. After a month, kill it or abandon/release it or do whatever to it. I'll likely release mine unless CB because I don't like random things on my scroll, but don't mind keeping it for a month to enter the raffle. I feel like it'll better people's chances too, because now it's narrowed down.

Though I've always wondered how so many users get multiple prizes.... And I've unfortunately seen a handful that look to be on a multiscroller's scroll- only magis/pinks/reds, no badges, one prize and like 2 random dragons. 

I'll probably save my xenos for Halloween. Are those the only wyrms we have ? Laculas?

honestly though, if anyone needs some bred 2g(or whatever) xenos, pm me, I have a lot to breed. I don't care if you stab them or anything lol

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Hopping on this no-win cookie train. :P

Oof. I don't know if I really like the specific requirements, but oh well. I guess I'll have to wiki or something for what counts at some point, and in the meantime pray I can even find the specific requirements. Breeding might be the way to go, and if so, then it's gonna really hurt if I don't have the dragon types. 8')

On that note, I hope things don't get too specific if this is how raffles are gonna be now. But I guess we'll see. Good luck everyone!

I don't mind requirements that involve breedable dragons but I also hope there won't be a month with the requirement of having to raise unbreedables. That would be just unfair.

No prize this time as well (grabs a cookie) but I just bred a bunch of Xenos (some I kept and some went to the AP) and three of my pygmy wyrm couples. Curious to see if the pygmy's count.

Alright I just bred all of my xenos, CB's mostly to Halloweens :) I wish I could see if I made a future wall. A few tinsels popped out, and a 2g gold. Hopefully people enjoy those and maybe I'll grab one from the ap too. I love when I breed and can randomly find my own bred egg in the ap!

The Wyrm Requirement makes me excited. According to my action log I sent 41 2G Xenos to the AP just now. I'mma see how many are Dead or Released in 7 days. :P

Congrats to the August Winners!

No win here, but I love the varied requirements! I was always in favor of miniquesty type things for the raffle entries, just makes it more meaningful for me. Even if I don't win, it makes me feel like I did something and not just mindlessly clicked a button :lol:

And can confirm that Xenoes work! AP is on incuhatchables, everyone, go mass-breed them! :P

Traded for a messy low-time Xeno hatchie, it grew up already, and now I'm at 1/3. I released it to the wilderness after it grew up by the way, the counter didn't go down. (So for all CB-only collectors or anyone who's not interested in keeping more wyrms, all you have to do is obtain one and wait until it's an adult for it to count, then you can safely get rid of it if you so wish)

Edited by Yhme

59 minutes ago, Mochi said:

*sees the new wyrm requirement*
*nabs a wyvern from the AP instead*
Nailed it

I have to admit, no one wins raffles like you win raffles. I see Profit: Raffle Prize Win in your future. Thanks for the laugh.

17 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

You guys.... maybe the September release will contain a wyrm breed...?  ;)

(No win here, SHOCK-HORROR!)  Congrats to anyone who did win.

*plates up some fresh No-Win cookies and passes them round*

I like the way you think,  wonder what September release will be.  *munches on No-Win cookie*  Thanks!

Though I was hoping to see a button (shimmer!) on the raffle entry if I wanted to enter for shimmer/tinsel/both.  I know Murphy* hates me, he would give me a tinsel just for spite.  I already have a name saved if that should happen. The name.

Anyway,  think this is the month I work on that chronos and aeon checker that's been on the back burner.  Bet I'll be needing more aeons for halloween so now would be a good time. :lol:

*You know Murphy, the guy who always makes things go the worst possible way from what you want.  He plays games on the internet and never takes a day off...  That guy.

38 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

I like the way you think,  wonder what September release will be.  *munches on No-Win cookie*  Thanks!

Though I was hoping to see a button (shimmer!) on the raffle entry if I wanted to enter for shimmer/tinsel/both.  I know Murphy* hates me, he would give me a tinsel just for spite.  I already have a name saved if that should happen. The name.

Anyway,  think this is the month I work on that chronos and aeon checker that's been on the back burner.  Bet I'll be needing more aeons for halloween so now would be a good time. :lol:

*You know Murphy, the guy who always makes things go the worst possible way from what you want.  He plays games on the internet and never takes a day off...  That guy.

I'm the opposite. I would have been upset if I had gotten a shimmer instead of a tinsel in a raffle. I don't like shimmers. 

I was gifted a Xeno by a very nice person who was showing me how beautiful they can be to breed into lineages, and I picked up a 2G Mageia from the AP, so along with my CB Magiea...I have my three wyrms. My Cheese grows up first. I wonder if a Cheese can be a wyrm? XD

13 minutes ago, StormBirdRising said:

I would be so happy to win any prize dragon egg.

Well, I guess that's true. I would be super happy with a silver shimmer, too. I don't like the gold shimmers. 

What I REALLY REALLY want is a silver tinsel. They are so beautiful. I know they're second place prizes, but...why should people who win 1st place get to choose between silver or gold?

1 minute ago, Suzumiya said:

Well, I guess that's true. I would be super happy with a silver shimmer, too. I don't like the gold shimmers. 

What I REALLY REALLY want is a silver tinsel. They are so beautiful. I know they're second place prizes, but...why should people who win 1st place get to choose between silver or gold?

I'll take anything. Gold, silver, bronze, shimmer, tinsel. It would be so amazing to have a prize.

Well I took this as a good opportunity to start some xenowyrm checkers. I'm now egglocked with 4 2G xenos and their prospective mates. A bunch more went to the AP too.

5 hours ago, Natayah said:

Many people have mentioned wanting *varied* raffle requirements, though I don't actually remember anyone specifying that they wanted such specific limiting requirements as these. I personally thought it would be cool to, say, have 'breed three dragons' or 'use a BSA three times' or something.... NOT something that is so very limiting when it comes to different playstyles, like being forced to collect a very specific breed (*breed*, not types, since Xenos are the only actual wyrm in the cave!). Especially when that breed is uncommon and fairly challenging to get in the first place, at least the CBs are. There is a very big difference between 'interesting varied requirements' and 'restrictive limiting requirements'. Also I'm not sure where you've gotten the idea that this will give people a better chance at winning? Different requirements to enter have absolutely nothing to do with the statistical probability of winning, the number of Prizes given out will remain the same, and we have no proof so far that this will actually lower the number of people who enter. (And, since TJ doesn't normally give out any sort of actual number-information, I very much doubt we will ever get proof of lower numbers of entries...).

I'm annoyed that the already-extremely-tiny chance of winning now has additional hoops to jump through, hoops that *many* people wouldn't otherwise bother with. And I'd still like to know for sure *which* breeds actually count (are Red-Taileds considered wyrms or just pygmies by the site mechanics?). 

Probably for the lesser competition, so higher chances of people who are still trying for the raffle.

Also from the market price,  I bet that Xenowyrms are going to drop to Uncommon rarity?

This will be an interesting month for cave-hunting :)

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

And I'd still like to know for sure *which* breeds actually count (are Red-Taileds considered wyrms or just pygmies by the site mechanics?). 

Red Tailed Wyrms are "Pygmy Dragon (Wyrm)" type in encyclopedia, while Xenowyrms (and Omen Wyrms) are "Dragon (Wyrm)" type. The information about their body type is provided in the exact same way, so I don't think that Red Tailed Pygmies are excluded from the current raffle's task.

Edited by Verse