Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Well, wyrms were the latest to be introduced - probably just bad luck that this was the first category to be selected.

I myself am waiting for elemental requirements. "Raise 3 adult air-aligned creatures."

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Wyrms really aren't that tough. Get someone to breed for you, or haunt the AP - which has had LOADS this week. Actually - I will send it some more later :)

34 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Wyrms really aren't that tough. Get someone to breed for you, or haunt the AP - which has had LOADS this week. Actually - I will send it some more later :)

lol.  I didn't find it that hard, I just bred my xenos.  I haven't actually seen any in the ap though everyone keeps saying there are bunches.  I must just be missing them. heh

15 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

lol.  I didn't find it that hard, I just bred my xenos.  I haven't actually seen any in the ap though everyone keeps saying there are bunches.  I must just be missing them. heh

They appear not too often, but they get to appear once in a while, some messy, some proper, some even have weirdly named family :v

Competition for Xenowyrms in the Cave has become fierce though. The last few Xenowyrms that I saw were taken so quick!

If I must be honest, the raffle change has not changed anything regarding the difficulty of entering. Instead, as TJ has said, it has attracted the attention of many more users.

I have a Black Tea Dragon that kinda always breed its Rare mate instead of herself, not a single Black Tea egg. I don't usually breed Rares to the AP due to the ratios, unless they're for making an even messier lineage.

2 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

The last few Xenowyrms that I saw were taken so quick!

They have ALWAYS been taken quickly. I don't really see the difference now XD

I saw 3 at once and took them all! They were checkers, so I was even more happy.

I think that it is slightly better that more people are attracted to the raffles so that there is more of a chance of active players claiming the prizes and generating more 2G lines.

Edited by Looti

I wanna see "raise 3 Mints" that way people will breed me some Mints. I really need a sibling for a 4EG PB Mint I have. Having lots of bred Mints in the AP would help SO much. 

Again, I really hope we never have kill dragons. I don't mind freezing, but I definitely don't want to kill them.

Yeah, I wouldn't be a big fan of being forced to freeze or kill dergs just to enter the raffle. Raising dergs is the point of the game. Even if you don't win the raffle, you added three dergs to your scroll count, even if just temporarily. Using BSAs, freezes, or kills just wastes the slots and doesn't really guarantee anything except...that you needlessly wasted stuff...

I don't really see why people are so opposed of a bit if a climate change in the Raffles? And please... raising 3 Wyrms.. T.H.R.E.E. in a whole month... is not hard at all. Everyone who cares is able to complete the task. ^^

I do hope there will be lots of different tasks to bring a bit of excitement to the game. :3 Freezing, trading, killing, breeding, zombiefying, buy a market item - the whole world of DC to explore. XD

It would be so amazing if more people could enjoy a bit of a change from time to time. :) ComeCome come, it can be fun! ;)

45 minutes ago, Belisar said:

I don't really see why people are so opposed of a bit if a climate change in the Raffles? And please... raising 3 Wyrms.. T.H.R.E.E. in a whole month... is not hard at all. Everyone who cares is able to complete the task. ^^

I do hope there will be lots of different tasks to bring a bit of excitement to the game. :3 Freezing, trading, killing, breeding, zombiefying, buy a market item - the whole world of DC to explore. XD

It would be so amazing if more people could enjoy a bit of a change from time to time. :) ComeCome come, it can be fun! ;)

Variation is nice, but it still needs to be *possible*. Zombifying would not qualify. Please please please no zombie requirements! There is such a ridiculously low chance at a successful zombification, plus you could only try at most two batches in that month. I have not had a successful zombie since April. 

Also please no 'buying market item', that would put people in a *huge* bind.... Save up for that Market Gold or toss shards at the raffle for a tiny itty bitty chance of winning? That would be horrible, just throwing shards away basically. Different requirements need to be realistic in terms of how different users play the game and how much of a burden the requirement will be. And how *possible* it would be, with something like zombies....

Market item - 100 shards = one week's effort. Is it really that much of a "huge" burden?

And if you say "throwing away"... if you don't think you stand a chance then why does everyone even bother try every month nonetheless? XD No one forces you to throw away anything. :3 (not to even mention the hours of my life time I'm throwing away for pixels already. *giggles*)

I know most want it as easy as possible - getting freebies, one click only, be done with it, 0 effort and maximum gain... and so on. XD

If that is what everybody wants and gets, I happy for any of you :) I don't need it to be my way. It's just a kill time anyways. Just HAD to throw in my 2 cents worth of thoughts too. :3 Sorry, that urge was to strong ;Maybe hoping that they offer a new light on things for some? ^^

If anyone has really a hard time finding Xenos, let me know and I try to squeeze a few out of my lazy dragons. :3 Just keep having fun :3

Edited by Belisar
Ebil Typos

It would add another week to the wait time if you were saving up for something particularly expensive (keep in mind that some breeds cost something like a year's worth of play!), so yes it is rather a large burden.

That is such a hypothetical discussion but... what is one week more if you were collecting for already half a year? XD

And to calm you (put away the torches already 😜 you guys just love to march against things that aren't even there) I highly doubt that such quests even exist. It will probably be only stuff like "go and raise 3/4 xx" anyways.

No.real.effort.at.all. if you are really be honest. ;) So I hope everyone can bury their anxiety again. ;3

I certainly do not want it 'as easy as possible', and actually most of the people I've seen talking about the raffle don't seem to want that either. What we don't want is requirements that directly interfere with the way we choose to play. See, the thing that actually draws a lot of people to this specific game is the amount of freedom it gives. You don't *have* to do a specific set of things over and over in order to play. If you don't want to breed, you don't have to breed, ever, and it doesn't disadvantage you at all. If you only want to collect CBs, you might have a harder time fulfilling those goals because of the scarcity of certain CB breeds, but you can totally do that and the game doesn't discriminate. Dangling a shiny prize at us and going 'well you HAVE to do this-and-this in order to even TRY to get this' is a fairly different vibe from what DC used to be for many people. I'm not saying it's necessarily *bad*, but it is different, and more challenging, and it does force people to do things they otherwise might not do if they want even a tiny chance at winning a prize. When it was just 'raise 3 adults', people didn't have to pick and choose what they did. They could continue on with however they've always played, raising CBs or making lineages or whatever, and still have a shot at that raffle. So yeah, these new requirements are going to cause some frustration, especially when the very first one is such a very very limited subtype. 

People can say 'it's only 3 dragons' or 'you can release/kill them later' etc etc etc, but that doesn't change the frustration over the requirements changing in such a huge way in the first place. Yeah, sure, it's a small number and it doesn't have to affect my scroll permanently and whatever, but it's still a completely different approach to entering the raffle then we used to have. Again I'm not saying it's necessarily a *bad* thing, but it's expected that it'll ruffle some feathers and get people frustrated in the beginning.

52 minutes ago, Belisar said:

That is such a hypothetical discussion but... what is one week more if you were collecting for already half a year? XD

And to calm you (put away the torches already 😜 you guys just love to march against things that aren't even there) I highly doubt that such quests even exist. It will probably be only stuff like "go and raise 3/4 xx" anyways.

No.real.effort.at.all. if you are really be honest. ;) So I hope everyone can bury their anxiety again. ;3

One more week means that it's another week for prices to shift upwards. It's not an unfounded annoyance.

I doubt it would happen myself, but outright dismissing people's very legitimate concerns like that is rather rude.

Building mountains out of non-existent molehills.  I doubt there will be a "buy a market dragon" requirement.  Though I doubt I will ever use my shards as the only thing I want is a cb shimmer and those don't exist in the market.  Odds currently they wouldn't be in a year from now when maybe I'd have enough shards for that hypothetical shimmer.  Though to be honest, I think that hypothetical shimmer in the market will happen sooner then I will win the raffle.

2 hours ago, Dracaena said:

Building mountains out of non-existent molehills.  I doubt there will be a "buy a market dragon" requirement.  Though I doubt I will ever use my shards as the only thing I want is a cb shimmer and those don't exist in the market.  Odds currently they wouldn't be in a year from now when maybe I'd have enough shards for that hypothetical shimmer.  Though to be honest, I think that hypothetical shimmer in the market will happen sooner then I will win the raffle.

Yeah, I have no idea what I'm going to use my shards on honestly. If I really thought there was a chance of Prizes ending up in the Market someday I'd just let my shards rack up until then, but as much as I want that to happen chances seem fairly good that it won't. Might as well let them rack up anyways, since the only other things I'd actually buy are things that I've had surprisingly good luck catching lately. But hey, just a few years ago it seemed like the raffles coming back was just a fantasy, as well as having a 'store' in the first place, so who knows?

Am I really the only one egoistic enough to hope there will be months with fewer participants due to the new requirements?

I mean, um... I... I would like to win..?

And if fewer other people enter, I have slightly better chances of winning...?

Am I... the most evil person on DC...?  :blink:

Of course I would be sad and annoyed if there was a requirement I was literally unable to fulfill.

But as long as the raffle just says "in order to enter, do this (feasible) thing you would not otherwise do"? I will decide to do the thing and hope that at least some other users will decide not to do it. (Emphasis on "decide", though - not "be unable to do it".)

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to win.  we all human after all.  I'm not sure a few people dropping out will make much difference though.  it's such a measly percentage as it, a LOT of people would have to not participate in order to really change those chances.

1 hour ago, Confused Cat said:

Am I really the only one egoistic enough to hope there will be months with fewer participants due to the new requirements?

Not at all, I admit that I often feel like this too. :D Probably because I've never won the raffle before so it'd be nice to win someday.

I'm glad I was able to raise the wyrms and enter the raffle soon enough. It took a surprisingly short while as there's still a good amount of the month left!

3 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

Naaaahhh ;) I'd like to join you very much xD

And yes to all of what you said :3

12 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

I mean, um... I... I would like to win..?

And if fewer other people enter, I have slightly better chances of winning...?

Of course I would be sad and annoyed if there was a requirement I was literally unable to fulfill.

But as long as the raffle just says "in order to enter, do this (feasible) thing you would not otherwise do"? I will decide to do the thing and hope that at least some other users will decide not to do it. (Emphasis on "decide", though - not "be unable to do it".)

You aren't evil. I wish that too! I'd love to win. I'm dying for a CB Silver tinsel. I'm not too fond of Shimmers, but I'd still like to win one. I could trade any 2G Shimmer for a tinsel!

Speaking of evil, SOMEONE STOLE THE FIRST CB GAIA I'D SEEN IN MONTHS just now in the Jungle. /sobs

I expect that most relatively active players will end up satisfying the requirements anyway, and this will only serve to be slightly annoying. The chances will remain stupidly low, regardless of what entry requirements are stuck on (except crazy ones).

It's not evil to hope fewer people enter so that the odds of winning yourself increase. Everybody wants that shiny prize! But hopefully the requirements don't hit levels where only a handful of people have a chance to enter because it's so restrictive and outs 90% of the player base. Winning that would be...rather lackluster, I'd imagine. To the player base, not the winner, winning would probably still feel amazing as heck!

I hope there's no zombie requirements. The odds for that are so low, especially outside of Halloween itself. Yikes. No thanks. I'll stick with raising wyrms and stuff over that.

Edited by animatedrose

2 hours ago, animatedrose said:

It's not evil to hope fewer people enter so that the odds of winning yourself increase. Everybody wants that shiny prize! But hopefully the requirements don't hit levels where only a handful of people have a chance to enter because it's so restrictive and outs 90% of the player base. Winning that would be...rather lackluster, I'd imagine. To the player base, not the winner, winning would probably still feel amazing as heck!

I hope there's no zombie requirements. The odds for that are so low, especially outside of Halloween itself. Yikes. No thanks. I'll stick with raising wyrms and stuff over that.

I think TJ has been pretty clear that we aren't gonna have that as an option unless Zombies become super super easy to make, which kinda defeats the entire purpose of making Zombies. I would like them to be a bit easier to make out of season, but ... I don't want them to be *THAT* easy that it is as easy to find and raise 3 Wyrms (no matter how you feel about how many there are that actually exist in game, a whole lot got bred and gifted and donated all over the place), in the next 30 days. So if this is one of the *tough* challenges, or about as tough as it gets, I think we are going to be ok, and I honest to goodness believe this is the intent.

Without making a wall of Text, I think that is a good thing, not a bad thing. I understand people being hesitant and cautious and concerned when change comes. There have been plenty of times I have been when things changed in this game. So without having to read who moved my cheese as that book annoys me, feel free to share your concerns and thoughts and feedback, but do also give it a couple months before throwing in the towel and announcing the end of the DC world. TJ hasn't told us what that weird third thing flying around in the sky is yet, and until we know for sure its a Comet Hurtling towards our planet to bring about certain destruction, we should still enjoy our game. Or it could be the Space Chickens finally coming to invade and take over as they have been planning for so long, and I for One Welcome our new Space Chicken Overlords! Heck, maybe we'll even get to see the rare and elusive "rooster" and have something to crow about!

Edited by Natayah