Kaini

Raffle Discussion

I'm not going to wade too much into the fray, but I just want to make a few comments:

1. Site Artists have been working on making diverse dragon types and styles for awhile now. At least over a year or so? And people who design and/or art and/or concept submissions for Holiday Dragons, but aren't chosen, are often very cool and release them as normal dragon releases. Also, we have a lot of different types of dragons, sub-species, types, concepts, themes, etc. than we did a year or more ago, and I imagine we'll see that trend continue. We also have so many freaking releases and dragons these days, on top of alts, hybrids, variations, etc based on so many things - It is a lot! Artists have been awesome! Lots of cool new and old dragons!

2. I think it is really exceedingly cool and we often underestimate ourselves as players have already gotten together, on their own and as a Community, and started breeding Wyrm type dragons to the AP for others to catch, began experimenting and reporting on how doing what impacts the Raffle entry results, and not only offering to catch and/or gift dragons, but to open entire thread(s) about it and/or also Mass Breed to AP, Gifting, Helping, etc. as an ongoing thing this months. Sometimes we the Community forget just how much we do and matter and how much we accomplish with just a few of us, much less a decent size group can accomplish and make a real impact not just upon the game, but upon each other, and in very positive ways that makes the game, and also its community, a much more amazing and fun place to play and hang out. And we're only 2-3 days into the month. DC Community rocks!

3. Change is always distracting and confusing, regardless of how you initially feel or think you feel or really deep down feel, or have felt for awhile now. I am glad, however, to see some change, and look forward to how it evolves over the coming months and see if the new flavors the Raffle takes on becomes more interesting or works to improve upon previous feedback, or how the feedback changes after we've had some time to sit with it and play around with it. I am glad the site does do new things, and I look forward to watching that change and feedback continue to take place.

I bred a Chrono egg yesterday and just now decided to raise a Seawyrm pygmy to see if they count as well.

I know DC Wiki is not an official site, but as a reference: The only "wyrms" listed there are Hal17's Omen and Red-Finned Wyrm Pygmy.

Xenowyrm have their own category as such: Xenowyrm, and then there are Lindwyrms - Blusang, Red-Finnat Tidal, Risen and Setsong, Yellow Zyumorph, Script, Two-Headed Lindwyrm and even Paper.

I'm going to try some of these as well.

I really have to say that I like it. It remindes me of experimenting on pairs when a new Hybrid is released and no one knows yet which two breeds are involved, only that I can be part of the experimenting now as I usually am too late to the party for new releases.

Edited by Gluria

If you go to dragon types, the xenos are listed as wyrms as well.

i'm delighted that xenos are eligible for the raffle this month, as they are one of my favourites, and i'm usually breeding a few of them most weeks. i bred a lot of xeno halloween mates yesterday for the mass breed, and today i bred a lot of other xenos, 2g, 3g and 4g lineages for the ap.

i expect that sometime there will be a raffle requirement that is for two headeds, or something else i never breed, but you can't please everyone :) . if that happens, i'll just breed some and send them to the wilderness when they grow up.

I have a TON of CB Xenos, over 200 (https://dragcave.net/group/4414) that I have been breeding and giving their offspring away. If anyone needs a certain type of Xeno bred with a certain type of other dragon, I can do it.

Thanks to a few very kind souls, I managed to get two BEAUTIFULLY bred Xenos to raise as my own, since I have a hard time making lineages (my dragons don't cooperate) and I have one CB Mageia that will mature in a few hours, so in three days, if all Xenos count, I should be able to enter the raffle. 

Has ANYONE been able to enter yet? 

1 minute ago, Suzumiya said:

Has ANYONE been able to enter yet? 

I've entered 2 or 3 hours ago. All Xenos~

2 minutes ago, Orchi'dea said:

I've entered 2 or 3 hours ago. All Xenos~

Ah, so that proves it. At least right now, that Xenos are the only way to enter. Thank you for letting me know.

2 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Ah, so that proves it. At least right now, that Xenos are the only way to enter. Thank you for letting me know.

It's an easy bet :3 I didn't bother trying with Red-Tails since their 'primary' body type is a pygmy; I've assumed that, unless stated otherwise, we should be looking for classic dragons/breeding group instead. Someone else above mentioned lindwyrms, but they're... well, lindwyrms, not wyrms, so I wouldn't bother trying them out either.

I thought it's different, because it says Lindwurms and not Lindwyrms :v

Edit: nevermind, I got it mixed up with a typo seen on some other place >.>

All this talk of pygmy wyrms make me want to hunt one in cave haha, I wonder

Edited by BlueLatios
Oops

It would be really awesome if Lindwurms counted. I've been needing a reason to raise a few two-headed babies.

Just now, BlueLatios said:

I thought it's different, because it says Lindwurms and not Lindwyrms :v

Lindwurms, lindwyrms and lindworms are the same thing - serpentine dragons with wings (though not always!) and arms, but not legs), the only difference is the spelling.

Wyrms aren't the same as lindwurms, since they are serpentine, without any limbs.

1 hour ago, Orchi'dea said:

Lindwurms, lindwyrms and lindworms are the same thing - serpentine dragons with wings (though not always!) and arms, but not legs), the only difference is the spelling.

Wyrms aren't the same as lindwurms, since they are serpentine, without any limbs.

This is true, but their spelling was changed to "wyrm," soooo by that logic, they should fall under the same category as xenos. Same with the pygmies. XD

Technically, their name was NOT changed to "wyrm" but to "lindwyrm" ;) By your logic, a "hotdog" must be a "dog" since the name ends like that.

15 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Technically, their name was NOT changed to "wyrm" but to "lindwyrm" ;) By your logic, a "hotdog" must be a "dog" since the name ends like that.

That sounds hilarious, and in China, that might be true with hotdogs...haha. 

But seriously, it would be so awesome if lindwyrms counted. I have a lindwyrm lineage up to 6EG PB with NO inbreeding and I'd love a reason to breed more. 

Edit: my final Xeno grew up and I was able to enter the raffle. It does seem Xenos are the ONLY things counting right now. I've had a lot of other stuff grow up between the Xenos...if anyone needs some Xenos, PM me. I can breed you a 2g PB of any breed you want.

Edited by Suzumiya
Added raffle info on xenos

17 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Dogs have specific names. I'd stick a dauchshund in with the other hounds (or hunds). A hot dog is two words, btw. :3

also context clues--which DC has none. See my other post in the suggestion thread on body types.

Edited by Jazeki

I uh... can't see any logic in this at all, it's like trying to suddenly classify jellyfish as fish only because of the name.  How does that even make sense, if we're speaking of clearly different body types? O_o

A fish and a jellyfish share the same habitat and they are both "fish" in name--not body type. The idea I was addressing was that wyrms and lindwyrms both are dragons and both share "wyrm" in their name, so people who are not all about body types or defining what a wyrm is (even the dictionary defines it as a nebulous term...it could be a dragon, a snake, a sea monster, a  literal worm) or have problems with native English could easily lump xenos, lindwyrms, and pygmy wyrms all together in the same category as viable raffle options. Plus TJ did not capitalize the term or give any instructions which would indicate a specific body type. Again, no context clues were given. Some people aren't going to immediately look at a dragon and go "it must be this" based on how many limbs it has or doesn't have. Remember that words are human constructs after all. 

Edited by Jazeki

5 hours ago, Jazeki said:

A fish and a jellyfish share the same habitat and they are both "fish" in name--not body type. The idea I was addressing was that wyrms and lindwyrms both are dragons and both share "wyrm" in their name, so people who are not all about body types or defining what a wyrm is (even the dictionary defines it as a nebulous term...it could be a dragon, a snake, a sea monster, a  literal worm) or have problems with native English could easily lump xenos, lindwyrms, and pygmy wyrms all together in the same category as viable raffle options. Plus TJ did not capitalize the term or give any instructions which would indicate a specific body type. Again, no context clues were given. Some people aren't going to immediately look at a dragon and go "it must be this" based on how many limbs it has or doesn't have. Remember that words are human constructs after all. 

A fish and a jellyfish are both animals. Wyrms and lindwyrms are both dragons. Now what? x'D

The in-game encyclopedia clearly separates lindwyrms and wyrms, there's no need to re-define the species suddenly. Perhaps it would've been better if we were able to filter it (by body type, unlocked/not unlocked entries, etc...)... but really. It's right there. I see no point in discussing the obvious.

10 hours ago, pixiezbite said:

I've had one xeno and one red tailed wyrm grow up, they both counted towards the raffle.

Same here, a xeno and a red tailed wyrm grew up a while ago and both counted.

The one thing I'd like to see changed for the requirements is that none of them should rely on uncommon-to-rare breeds only. So, please no "raise 3 metallic dragons" (because new players might have a hard time getting those), "hatch 3 alts (=vine, black, undine and maybe nebula) " or "create 3 zombies". XD 

Eh, Red-Tailed Pygmies are common enough. It clearly shows that this body type needs more breeds released though XD

3 hours ago, olympe said:

The one thing I'd like to see changed for the requirements is that none of them should rely on uncommon-to-rare breeds only. So, please no "raise 3 metallic dragons" (because new players might have a hard time getting those), "hatch 3 alts (=vine, black, undine and maybe nebula) " or "create 3 zombies". XD 

Oh let's add 'create 3 neglected dragons' *evil laugh*

Ha, I agree through.