Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, Quinney said:

The new Jungle Florets aren't showing in my encyclopaedia. I had for eggs, now four hatchies and I've clicked on may more in the sites, but still nothing but a grey shadow there.  I'm assuming it's a glitch? (done all the cache stuff).

There's a theory that the new 'Florets' are actually a different breed, or at least behave like one... Not showing in the Florets encyclopedia entry would seem to support that. I'm not sure there's any way to know if a shadow is a specific variant, but for me the only new sprite-line in the Floret's encyclopedia is the dark-pink-egg one, not the Jungle one (I know because the egg on the entry is unlocked). 

6 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

There's a theory that the new 'Florets' are actually a different breed, or at least behave like one... Not showing in the Florets encyclopedia entry would seem to support that. I'm not sure there's any way to know if a shadow is a specific variant, but for me the only new sprite-line in the Floret's encyclopedia is the dark-pink-egg one, not the Jungle one (I know because the egg on the entry is unlocked). 

Thanks for this. I have seen the theories, but never thought of it that way, I guess I'll give it more time to see. I've not seen the dark pink egg yet, although I have been in the sites. Unless it's my stupid eyes letting me down yet again!

3 hours ago, Quinney said:

Thanks for this. I have seen the theories, but never thought of it that way, I guess I'll give it more time to see. I've not seen the dark pink egg yet, although I have been in the sites. Unless it's my stupid eyes letting me down yet again!

you had to be here super early when they were glitched and producing them to get the shadows unlocked. The fact everyone's had a million of the fake florets and not gotten shadows really supports they're a new breed like the hybrid. All the other alts produced shadows

46 minutes ago, Tini said:

you had to be here super early when they were glitched and producing them to get the shadows unlocked. The fact everyone's had a million of the fake florets and not gotten shadows really supports they're a new breed like the hybrid. All the other alts produced shadows

I was here early, picked up 5 Peach Florets. Encyclopedia shadows for a third breed didn't show at first but they show now. However, the count for my Florets remains at 2, my frozen Purple hatchling and my Gold Market purchase. I should show 8 eggs, 7 hatchlings and 1 adult now. There is definitely something still glitched with the Florets.

15 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

I was here early, picked up 5 Peach Florets. Encyclopedia shadows for a third breed didn't show at first but they show now. However, the count for my Florets remains at 2, my frozen Purple hatchling and my Gold Market purchase. I should show 8 eggs, 7 hatchlings and 1 adult now. There is definitely something still glitched with the Florets.

No the ones in the jungle are a new breed, that wouldn't have an encyc page yet is what we're saying. The glitched bred egg we weren't supposed to have is the actual shadow on florets. So because only a handful were around a lot of people don't have the shadow in the first place. The chunky florets won't be on the same page as the old ones.

My brain hurts lol. Can't wait to have the actual name for the not-florets. 

1 hour ago, Tini said:

No the ones in the jungle are a new breed, that wouldn't have an encyc page yet is what we're saying. The glitched bred egg we weren't supposed to have is the actual shadow on florets. So because only a handful were around a lot of people don't have the shadow in the first place. The chunky florets won't be on the same page as the old ones.

My brain hurts lol. Can't wait to have the actual name for the not-florets. 

Thank you, that makes sense. :)

I think we're all bouncing through so many threads and theories that it'll make anyone's brain hurt.

Why do AP 'walls' happen..?

I mean, why keep mass-breeding the same type of egg when you don't want them and nobody on the AP seems to want them either...?

23 minutes ago, Roseora said:

Why do AP 'walls' happen..?

I mean, why keep mass-breeding the same type of egg when you don't want them and nobody on the AP seems to want them either...?

To influence ratios, mostly. We don't know the details on how exactly ratios work, but it *does* help, for example if you are breeding a common with another common you'll have a better chance of getting the type you want if the other one is 'overpopulated'. It's been proven to help when it comes to common/common breeding, though if it's 'worth' it is up for debate. Also, not everyone dislikes walls, and obviously 'nobody on the AP seems to want them' is false since they do eventually get picked up. A very vocal subset of users don't like them, that's true. And remember that we are restricted in eggslots, so even if people *do* want them there are only so many they can take.

edit: Right now there seems to be a semi-wall of Royal Blues and Crimsons, and *that* is thanks to trying to get the new hybrid. Hybrid-fails are another reason a lot of the same breed can show up at once, especially the first few weeks after the hybrid's release.

Edited by HeatherMarie

1. Will the Florets from the Forest and Alpine be available when all this release-chaos is over?

2. I tried to get someone to tell me what I was doing wrong with Fertility and getting an egg from the Nilias and all I got was use Fertility on both parents. Well, yuh, I tried that over and over and over. Even had my daughter clean out the cache. The only thing that did was log me out of my Gmail. I STILL can't get Fertility to work right. What's the secret?

I'm not sure if you have tried this or not, but some people who use the action name instead of the password said that they had to type it in manually instead of letting it autofill they found that autofill was trying to enter the action name into the search field for the dragon. Check to make sure your browser is not adding that to what you are typing in.

Other than that, I don't know. There shouldn't be any secret to it really.

Edited by purplehaze

1 hour ago, Oddsoxdi said:

1. Will the Florets from the Forest and Alpine be available when all this release-chaos is over?

2. I tried to get someone to tell me what I was doing wrong with Fertility and getting an egg from the Nilias and all I got was use Fertility on both parents. Well, yuh, I tried that over and over and over. Even had my daughter clean out the cache. The only thing that did was log me out of my Gmail. I STILL can't get Fertility to work right. What's the secret?

1.yes, i just saw one

2. if still happening I would make a separate post so it gets someones attention

@Oddsoxdi I have edited my post above after re-reading the post about that. It seems I was mistaken about the actual problem they had with autofill.

Can somebody please tell me how this https://dragcave.net/lineage/5dLbi egg died of sickness when it was warded? It died the same day it was laid, so I can't even say the ward wore off...

It had a reassuring "this egg seems soft.... But there's protection keeping it from any harm" text at the bottom. Did I overestimate warding powers?

The action log says "

Warded 5dLbi against sickness with Failsoul 2 Lelkes. May 24, 2021, 1:12 am EDT"
Edited by Darth Krande

21 minutes ago, Darth Krande said:

Can somebody please tell me how this https://dragcave.net/lineage/5dLbi egg died of sickness when it was warded? It died the same day it was laid, so I can't even say the ward wore off...

It had a reassuring "this egg seems soft.... But there's protection keeping it from any harm" text at the bottom. Did I overestimate warding powers?

The action log says "

Warded 5dLbi against sickness with Failsoul 2 Lelkes. May 24, 2021, 1:12 am EDT"

The ward only lasts 6 hours, not a full day. Probably died just after it wore off.

so normally, when i get or breed a new egg; or a new hatchie (7 days left), i wait until it gets to 5d 23h left before putting it into hatcheries. 

so, if - as soon as my electric egg hatched (7 days left) i stun it right away - 8 days left - is it still kinda the "same" when it gets back down to 6d23h left as it would be (if it wasn't stunned) at 5d23h?  (i hope that makes sense!)

thanks!

6 minutes ago, trystan said:

so normally, when i get or breed a new egg; or a new hatchie (7 days left), i wait until it gets to 5d 23h left before putting it into hatcheries. 

so, if - as soon as my electric egg hatched (7 days left) i stun it right away - 8 days left - is it still kinda the "same" when it gets back down to 6d23h left as it would be (if it wasn't stunned) at 5d23h?  (i hope that makes sense!)

thanks!

they can't even gain views for two days after stun. (Unless you trade them, then they keep the day but can gain views.) But if you're just stunning a hatchie, you can leave it in hatcheries, it'll be fine. I don't know about the ease of sickness if you do trade for it.

thanks!

11 minutes ago, Tini said:

they can't even gain views for two days after stun. (Unless you trade them, then they keep the day but can gain views.) But if you're just stunning a hatchie, you can leave it in hatcheries, it'll be fine. I don't know about the ease of sickness if you do trade for it.

it hatched on the 23rd, which was yesterday, and 2 days would be the 25th, which is tomorrow - so putting in the hatcheries tomorrow works for me. :D 

Edited by trystan
weird formatting.....

11 hours ago, Oddsoxdi said:

I STILL can't get Fertility to work right. What's the secret?

What *exactly* is the problem with fertility? Is it forever loading? Does it not bring up dragons? Are dragons unselectable? Are you trying to fertilize 2 dragons with 1 fertility? Is the action not going through after you click enter?

i asked this over on the release thread, but that moves a milion miles a minute (not literally, but close enough XD)

i just wanted a clarifier about the new gemshard mechanics: have we confirmed the original 3 color also follow the new day schedule, correct? if i breed an egg tomorrow, it will be a Ruby (and not random) when it hatches? thanks!

4 minutes ago, trystan said:

i asked this over on the release thread, but that moves a milion miles a minute (not literally, but close enough XD)

i just wanted a clarifier about the new gemshard mechanics: have we confirmed the original 3 color also follow the new day schedule, correct? if i breed an egg tomorrow, it will be a Ruby (and not random) when it hatches? thanks!

All gemshards, no matter how or when created, now follow the time-based mechanic. We caught onto it originally off of the original three colors. (Stalking hatcheries and comparing fresh hatched ones to their date of creation and finding the pattern.)

So yes, tuesday is red day.

1 minute ago, Tini said:

All gemshards, no matter how or when created, now follow the time-based mechanic. We caught onto it originally off of the original three colors. (Stalking hatcheries and comparing fresh hatched ones to their date of creation and finding the pattern.)

So yes, tuesday is red day.

awesome, thanks!! :D 

tomorrow i finally breed a red one and influence it male.  my three other (randomly) red one are all females. XD  i didn't used to influence my gemshards, in case i ended up dropping them when they weren't the color i was looking for. 

now, that's all over! tuesday is red day! :D 

How do I delete the images in my attachment folder? I can't find the delete button.

Thank you @Ruby Eyes I'll give that a try 

Edited by Wiz

35 minutes ago, Wiz said:

How do I delete the images in my attachment folder? I can't find the delete button.

I think you have to go to the post where you used it and delete it there. If the post in question no longer exists, try "Other Media" => "Insert existing attachment" in a new post and delete it from there?

Stupid question, but I've forgotten how refusals work!

Can a pair that's already bred successfully one or more times still refuse if you don't use Fertility BSA?