Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

11 minutes ago, foreverlokied224 said:

Stupid question, but I've forgotten how refusals work!

Can a pair that's already bred successfully one or more times still refuse if you don't use Fertility BSA?

Only if one was a holiday and was bred during its breeding season. Refusals are turned off during holiday breeding week. Otherwise once you've gotten any outcome besides refusing to go near one another they cant refuse after that.

If you only need to briefly own an egg (like pick it up from AP then abandon it again.) to unlock it in the market, would that work with trading and rarer dragons?

I'm wondering if convincing someone to bounce a chicken so I can get one from the market would work or be any easier than finding one in the cave. 

At 100 shards a week it would take minimum 36 weeks and maximum 42 to attain a chicken that way according to the wiki, if bouncing is enough to unlock it in the market.

How long did it take you guys to get your first chickens CB? Is there any sort of average or pattern to the lengh of time it takes?

18 minutes ago, Roseora said:

If you only need to briefly own an egg (like pick it up from AP then abandon it again.) to unlock it in the market, would that work with trading and rarer dragons?

I'm wondering if convincing someone to bounce a chicken so I can get one from the market would work or be any easier than finding one in the cave. 

At 100 shards a week it would take minimum 36 weeks and maximum 42 to attain a chicken that way according to the wiki, if bouncing is enough to unlock it in the market.

How long did it take you guys to get your first chickens CB? Is there any sort of average or pattern to the lengh of time it takes?

Its just luck. I dont own any but used to catch them and bounce them through the ap for other stuff I needed. (Yeah that's how long ago it was that i could catch anything.* besides metals lol)

Edited by DragonLady86

Bouncing through AP?

Maybe I misunderstood but that sounds super risky. Is teleport not the best way to bounce stuff?

And thankyou :)

Teleport didn't exist during the first couple of years of DC.

Anyway, you can unlock an egg also by clicking other people's eggs. 5 clicks count like 1 owned.

4 minutes ago, Roseora said:

Bouncing through AP?

Maybe I misunderstood but that sounds super risky. Is teleport not the best way to bounce stuff?

And thankyou :)

Dragonlady is talking about many years ago, before teleport. Prehistoric. XD It was the only way to trade then!

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Dragonlady is talking about many years ago, before teleport. Prehistoric. XD It was the only way to trade then!

Yeah. Hence my joke on my current catching abilities. My old as dirt laptop I'd had then could catch anything. Upgraded to a better, faster, newer desktop can't catch for beans since. Only ever lost one though. :)

18 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Teleport didn't exist during the first couple of years of DC.

Anyway, you can unlock an egg also by clicking other people's eggs. 5 clicks count like 1 owned.

Oooh cool I'm off on a chicken clickathon

Aha, I get it. I won't take Magi's for granted. 0.0

I've been clicking on every new peach Floret I find in the fansites (egg & both stage hatchies) & I haven't nee able to unlock it. Anyone have any clue what I'm doing wrong? Or is this a glitch? I did the same thing with the new White Cantos & it unlocked. Thanks in advance for your help! :D

I don't think the peach floret is in the market yet.

Mines gonna growup in a day I can try to breed it for you.

1 minute ago, Roseora said:

I don't think the peach floret is in the market yet.

Mines gonna growup in a day I can try to breed it for you.

Okay, thanks!

No thank you. I have 4 of my own & I wanted to unlock things, since my 4 weren't doing it, by looking around at other people's. It's how I managed to unlock the eggs & hatchies in the encyclopedia for the new Sapphines, which is what got me looking around at the new Bday stuff.  Your offer is very much appreciated though. ❤️

It appears that their Encyclopedia entry has not been released yet. Give it another couple of days?

33 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It appears that their Encyclopedia entry has not been released yet. Give it another couple of days?

Thanks, Ruby! I can wait until the weekend or more.

I found an incuhatchable Cantormaris on the AP, wanted to make it white, so I incubated it first and then tried to ward it, but it said "already protected". So it looks like a previous owner already used ward on it.

Do I have any chance to make it white now? I think I can only remove the incubate by bouncing it, and then the last action would be teleport, so... no chance?

@Confused Cat That might be the reason it was dropped in the first place. Someone warded it, then remembered to incubate - oops, no longer wardable. :(

ER - yeah.... that would have been me. I was going to freeze it, and then I warded before I incubated ... :angry:

Ah well, I still need a frozen Iratus, so I can use it anyway. :)

And now I know to check if a Cantormaris has already been warded before I make plans for it!

@BlitzDrake Presumably to compensate for the the fact that their cooldown between corporealisations and therebefore between breedings is 4 weeks, rather than the normal 1.

1 hour ago, BlitzDrake said:

Why can celestials multiclutch when bred?

All dragons used to do so. It was a cool mechanic the artists wanted to bring back, so they created a concept that worked for it. The trade-off is they can't breed as often to make up for it. Otherwise celestial walls would be 4x as big as they are now.

Is there a thread for sending an egg to another user because I've Influenced in wrong  and trading negates the Influence - it would have been FINE if I'd been allowed to keep the Periwinkle eggs I bought in the Market. But NOOOOOO, they've been changed back to Peach and I need more Peach Females, mumble grumble.

8 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Is there a thread for sending an egg to another user because I've Influenced in wrong  and trading negates the Influence - it would have been FINE if I'd been allowed to keep the Periwinkle eggs I bought in the Market. But NOOOOOO, they've been changed back to Peach and I need more Peach Females, mumble grumble.

Heyo! I asked this elsewhere and got a "That's just how it is!" type answer (which...), so trying again over here:

Does anyone know the logic behind the Cantormaris sorting? Not which order the Encyclopedia writers choose to list them, or how the Wiki editors choose to arrange them, but the coding that decides how they sort on user scrolls - the logic behind that order.

Since it's not alphabetical by name, I thought it was alphabetical-ish by color (Cantormaris, Cantormaris Blue, Cantormaris Orange, Cantormaris Red), but it looks like Motus/Green sorts at the end and that doesn't fit. Anyone know what's up there?

15 minutes ago, schmupti said:

Heyo! I asked this elsewhere and got a "That's just how it is!" type answer (which...), so trying again over here:

Does anyone know the logic behind the Cantormaris sorting? Not which order the Encyclopedia writers choose to list them, or how the Wiki editors choose to arrange them, but the coding that decides how they sort on user scrolls - the logic behind that order.

Since it's not alphabetical by name, I thought it was alphabetical-ish by color (Cantormaris, Cantormaris Blue, Cantormaris Orange, Cantormaris Red), but it looks like Motus/Green sorts at the end and that doesn't fit. Anyone know what's up there?

The pink one is first because that was the base color, the other three were salts (i think they're alphabetical?) and the last two, well, I think logically just had to get tossed on the end. Scroll order is the encyclopedia order, it's the same with gemshards and zyus and other such things.

They can also be like, by internal names. Like Lugia is an old name for gons, and in legacy sort iirc they still sort there.

Edited by Tini

am i correct in that dragons don't get views from the /dragons page? my one hatchie seems to still be gaining views, even though i've taken it out of the hatcheries i put it in.  the egg did come from the AP and i incuhatched it not that long ago.  i've fogged it, but i'm curious about the view gains.