Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

9 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

is there a "mark as unread" button on the forums..? like when youre viewing a topic and theres the convenient "jump to first unread" button, is there something to mark posts as unread?

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

I'm not sure you can do anything like that for threads, but you can click on the large, highlighted icon of the forum to mark that entire forum as read. (If you hover over the icon, it should also tell you that clicking it will do this.)

That's kind of the opposite of what was desired XD

Either way, I don't think invision boards can do that ... googling will only bring up suggestions (to the board developers), no solutions.

17 minutes ago, SpeckSilver said:

But something is definitely off! Im nowhere near my limits either yet every single breeding pair that ive tried in the last 5 hrs have given no eggs, and i got two outright refusals from Magi pairs! So not even a rare breed.

Breeding success is NOT tied to your scroll limits. It's a mix of chance and ratios in the cave, though on some days it seems the site just doesn't want to produce new bred eggs. Did you use Fertility? That also reduces chance of refusals.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Breeding success is NOT tied to your scroll limits. It's a mix of chance and ratios in the cave, though on some days it seems the site just doesn't want to produce new bred eggs. Did you use Fertility? That also reduces chance of refusals

Limits can affect it as in it will auto abandon if it produced an egg. Yes I used fertility on the Magi and they still refused. 

Some of my older (pre- dragonpedia) dragons dont breed as well anymore so i invested time raising new dragons. But last night nothing was breeding. Ive never had that many "no egg" or refusals since i started my scroll in '09. 

I was a bit stubborn in trying, hoping two or three would be all of the "no eggs", even waited a few hours and tried again.

Its just never been *this* bad.

Thanks for your help!

2 minutes ago, SpeckSilver said:

Limits can affect it as in it will auto abandon if it produced an egg.

That still counts as breeding success since it produced an egg. It's just not you who is receiving it.

3 minutes ago, SpeckSilver said:

Yes I used fertility on the Magi and they still refused.

Purebred? Or was another breed involved? E.g. Turpentine or holiday?

I've had plenty of "no egg" and "no interest" this past week as well. And I was nowhere near my scroll limits ...

Better luck next round!

i was having some issues with my dragons producing eggs yesterday too XD i just take it as being unlucky, though.

I think this is all by chance. Right now my dragons breed fine, even my most stubborn lady just laid an egg. This was entirely different just a couple of weeks ago. And I'm sure this luck won't last. ;)

7 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Could this be an ad problem?

It might be. For the last two days, it seems to start mid morning locally, maybe noon or one pm cavetime and stops around 7-9 pm locally so 10-midnight. It doesn't show up with every page, and I don't see it on my phone, only the Chromebook.

On 1/3/2021 at 5:09 PM, dragongrrl said:

What is WebGL and why would it be having problems with the Cave? This started yesterday morning, maybe noon, cavetime.

I keep getting a message on the Cave and the Forum, "Rats! WebGL hit a snag." and there are two buttons, Ignore and Reload. I'm not seeing this on unrelated sites.

Many parts of the event (cookie decorating, Snow Wars, and the recent Halloween Event) require WebGL in order to function. I'm not aware of WebGL being required for ads or any functions outside of the event, but it does seem possible that a WebGL crash caused by the event could affect all Dragon Cave tabs at the same time.

Thank you Ruby Eyes and TJ for the answers. I only used my phone this afternoon and evening and haven't seen it at all.

Can someone link me to the blank lineage pages for planning your own lineages? It's been so long I've lost the link. 

Thanks.

~ thank you Ruby Eyes!

Edited by Wiz

24 minutes ago, Wiz said:

Can someone link me to the blank lineage pages for planning your own lineages? It's been so long I've lost the link. 

Thanks.

I got one:

templateemptylineagel8uq7.png

Also, Heart of Blue seems to be back up: https://heart-of.blue/dragcave/lineage

Edited by Ruby Eyes

A little question about dragon cave art usage on other mediums. I'm currently quite active on a public Minecraft server and I was wondering if it would be ok if I used sprite art from DragonCave to make maparts on the server. Of course, I will contact the individual artists as well and credit them as the original makers, but I would also like to receive some official word on perms from here, since I don't want the server to get in trouble.

16 minutes ago, Draconiusultamius said:

A little question about dragon cave art usage on other mediums. I'm currently quite active on a public Minecraft server and I was wondering if it would be ok if I used sprite art from DragonCave to make maparts on the server. Of course, I will contact the individual artists as well and credit them as the original makers, but I would also like to receive some official word on perms from here, since I don't want the server to get in trouble.

This thread might help:

With the Shallow Water dragons, do you have to use 'SPLASH' 100 times consecutively to get the Magikarp badge or just 100 times all together?

1 minute ago, Tetelestai said:

With the Shallow Water dragons, do you have to use 'SPLASH' 100 times consecutively to get the Magikarp badge or just 100 times all together?

All your shallow water dragons contribute to the 100.

Just now, Lagie said:

All your shallow water dragons contribute to the 100.

Thank you!             

1231 + 669 = 1900 ?! Looks correct to me.

Edit: Post I answered to is gone?!

Edited by LostFate

is there a thread(s) where people are showing off their trees and/or forts from the holiday event (or past events)? i love being amazed at the skills and creativity everyone brings. i've seen the one for wreaths and gingerbread houses and i'm sure ones exist for the others, but my search efforts didn't turn them up. :3

what exactly does "free for best offer" mean? I don't understand - best offer is best offer, free is free, how is something free for best offer...?

9 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

what exactly does "free for best offer" mean? I don't understand - best offer is best offer, free is free, how is something free for best offer...?

That is a question for the ages. Nobody knows. It means whatever the person saying it thinks it means. 

Its also a meme at this point.

Edited by Tinibree

16 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Honestly I think some people say 'free for' just so their trade will show up if someone filters looking for the word 'free'. I've seen 'free for hatchlings' and 'free for cbs' and such. It's a meaningless term at this point. I just ignore those trades. 

2 hours ago, miaou said:

is there a thread(s) where people are showing off their trees and/or forts from the holiday event (or past events)? i love being amazed at the skills and creativity everyone brings. i've seen the one for wreaths and gingerbread houses and i'm sure ones exist for the others, but my search efforts didn't turn them up. :3

I do not believe there is? I wouldn't know about older threads, anyway. But I do know that people were simply including their trees/forts in the gingerbread/wreath thread. There were several posts that included them as well as their gingerbread houses and wreaths. :)