Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

12 hours ago, sorenna said:

I can figure out what it was probably meant to imply, but it does sound awkward to me.  "Longed" isn't really an adjective on its own in English, with or without a preposition.

That's what I was thinking :dry:

12 hours ago, sorenna said:

I can figure out what it was probably meant to imply, but it does sound awkward to me.  "Longed" isn't really an adjective on its own in English, with or without a preposition.  Maybe "Desired Clarity" or "Wanted Clarity" would be clearer, if it's not taken yet?

I don't like the changed meaning and still sounds a bit awkward, I think. Is there any word to describe the state of air being clear after fog has dissipated? The name was an attempt at referencing the placement of Kohraki dragons in lineage, but it would make more sense with Desipis dragons anyway. Maybe I'll come up with something else later.

13 hours ago, Moriaty said:

dragon names don't need to make sense, they can absolutely be gibberish...but if you're just seeking feedback on this particular phrase, I usually see longed-for being used as one word and an adjective. Pretty sure that's more commonly seen compared to longed, but longed also makes sense at least to me. You can decide, it's your dragon after all : >

I wanted this one to have a normal/nice name :)

Is there a way to tell which breeds of dragons you are missing other than having a list of all the breeds and cross referencing with your cave? I believe I've let the releases get away from me ;;

8 minutes ago, Wolfsong442 said:

Is there a way to tell which breeds of dragons you are missing other than having a list of all the breeds and cross referencing with your cave? I believe I've let the releases get away from me ;;

That is exactly the way, just for you (since you seem to use Legacy Breed order), I would use the temporary Sort By: Breed option and compare your scroll to the Encyclopedia.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That is exactly the way, just for you (since you seem to use Legacy Breed order), I would use the temporary Sort By: Breed option and compare your scroll to the Encyclopedia.

I was hoping it would not be so tedious, but thank you!

4 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

I don't like the changed meaning and still sounds a bit awkward, I think. Is there any word to describe the state of air being clear after fog has dissipated? The name was an attempt at referencing the placement of Kohraki dragons in lineage, but it would make more sense with Desipis dragons anyway. Maybe I'll come up with something else later.

Limpidity. Luminosity. Pellucidity (that's an awkward word for a name...) Lucency... Can do more...

On 1/16/2021 at 3:46 PM, Confused Cat said:

@Lost_Unicorn Maybe "Long-awaited Clarity"?

I thought about it, but still there's no "rhyme" to it. I think I am not gonna bother naming it "[whatever] clarity" anymore.

20 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Limpidity. Luminosity. Pellucidity (that's an awkward word for a name...) Lucency... Can do more...

Thanks, but eh.

The 4 day 23 hour eggs are mixed in between the 5 day 0 Hour eggs in Abandoned. Aren't they supposed to be sorted by lowest time left? 

50 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

The 4 day 23 hour eggs are mixed in between the 5 day 0 Hour eggs in Abandoned. Aren't they supposed to be sorted by lowest time left? 

Technically, yes, they are supposed to be sorted by lowest time. But it does seem to fluctuate slightly, especially when there is only an hour or so difference. It might have something to do with the time-left only showing hours, not minutes, so 4 days 23 hours 50 minutes (or whatever) would show with the 5 day 0 hour.... But that's just a guess. It's been this way for awhile though.

My guess would be that it fetches the 100 or so with the lowest time and then displays a random subset of 30 of these.

Are all neglected dragons unavailable for precognition, or only the genderless ones?

Edited by Niyaka

I glimpsed an egg earlier today in Abandoned that was snatched up in an eyeblink. It was one shade of pink and had bumpy edges like it was scaled, but it didn't have a scale pattern going across it. It looked like a V-day Floral Crowned egg without the scales. I scanned the wiki list and didn't see it. eAny ideas on what it was? 

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I glimpsed an egg earlier today in Abandoned that was snatched up in an eyeblink. It was one shade of pink and had bumpy edges like it was scaled, but it didn't have a scale pattern going across it. It looked like a V-day Floral Crowned egg without the scales. I scanned the wiki list and didn't see it. eAny ideas on what it was? 

Hmm, only thing I can think of is Risensong? Risensong egg.gif

All other all-pink eggs are fairly smooth, not bumpy. 

If you figure it out let us know, I'm curious now, lol.

6 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Hmm, only thing I can think of is Risensong? Risensong egg.gif

All other all-pink eggs are fairly smooth, not bumpy. 

If you figure it out let us know, I'm curious now, lol.

Risensong is too hot pink in color and has smooth edges. 

Maybe it was a glitch in loading and it only showed the first layer of color?

21 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Risensong is too hot pink in color and has smooth edges. 

Maybe it was a glitch in loading and it only showed the first layer of color?

Could it have been an Aranoa? Aranoa egg.png

5 minutes ago, ADN6 said:

Could it have been an Aranoa? Aranoa egg.png

Possibly. That is one of the pink-colored eggs with 'scaly' edges. Like I said, it was grabbed immediately. 

3 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Here, this link is extremely helpful for identifying eggs both by image and description. :)
https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Egg/Identification_guide

5 hours ago, Niyaka said:

Are all neglected dragons unavailable for precognition, or only the genderless ones?

All neglecteds, unfortunately.

It seems like I’ve dropped back to a gold trophy even though I’m sitting at exactly 1000 grown dragons. Is this a bug? It was platinum earlier. 

1 hour ago, Niyaka said:

It seems like I’ve dropped back to a gold trophy even though I’m sitting at exactly 1000 grown dragons. Is this a bug? It was platinum earlier. 

Might be a bug. Tj's addressed this before and said he fixed it (or had a fix for it), and also that he'd make trophies permanent after the first time you pass the number needed. Might be worth making a thread for?

how can I let others  see my cookies ??

and if you can see the following   ....how can I send in a pm ??  please

image.png

To sent an image in a PM, you need the url for it.

There's no link for the cookies, so I imagine you can't unless you make a screenie.